Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

It's not because of an out-of-date browser. I was on school WiFi the other day, using this same version of Google Chrome on my mac, and I still couldn't type anything. You can ask Creator of Chaos for evidence. Not sure how to fix it but I got off the school WiFi and went onto my home WiFi and it seemed to do the trick. Might be because you're using a restricted network or have a slow internet connection. Not really sure.
That's not it either. My phone is connected to the same Wifi and it lets me post just fine.

It's not because of an out-of-date browser. I was on school WiFi the other day, using this same version of Google Chrome on my mac, and I still couldn't type anything. You can ask Creator of Chaos for evidence. Not sure how to fix it but I got off the school WiFi and went onto my home WiFi and it seemed to do the trick. Might be because you're using a restricted network or have a slow internet connection. Not really sure.
Would like to know how to fix a problem when using Smogon on my laptop. In this case, the text box that should appear ( pictured in the attachment) didn't show up so I couldn't make a post or quote or start a conversation. ( This is posted using my mobile ). Sorry if I didn't describe the problem properly
I can verify this. Aside from being able post a short message on my wall he was essentially locked out of smogon. Pretty much anything with multiple users using the same connection or just a slow internet will reduce your capacity to utilise the internet in general not just smogon. I'm guessing user walls are less effected because there's less activity on them (I.E lack of images and gifs to chew up bandwidth) compared to the rest of smogon. Your best bet is close down Internet windows you aren't using and clear out some browser cookies (Not smogons lol). If that doesn't work turn your Wifi off for 2 minutes and then back on. that usally does the trick

Otherwise adblocks and turning off image's may help in the short term

The gifs for user avatars and the xy animated sprites suck up tons of bandwidth (and cell battery).

Please, everyone, update your browsers to the latest version, if only for security etc. I've always had the easiest time with Firefox; I've always had problems with IE because IIRC it's the least standards-compliant major browser

In what situations would Ice Beam be preferred on Mega Sharpedo over Ice Fang? Assuming MSharp was running Naughty for a set w/ Hydro Pump. No contact damage on tankchomp, but I was wondering were there any other benefits.

E: Max speed EVs on a neutral nature tie with scarf Landorus, right? I have no idea where I should be putting the EVs at the moment.

Last edited:
In what situations would Ice Beam be preferred on Mega Sharpedo over Ice Fang? Assuming MSharp was running Naughty for a set w/ Hydro Pump. No contact damage on tankchomp, but I was wondering were there any other benefits.

E: Max speed EVs on a neutral nature tie with scarf Landorus, right? I have no idea where I should be putting the EVs at the moment.
Ice Beam does more damage to Landorus-Therian and Gliscor. Ice Fang, however, does more damage to Mega Altaria. On targets neutral to Dark and weak to Ice, it does equal amounts of damage compared to Crunch. Ice Beam also can't miss.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
DN, i was using an old browser, and the second i updateed it my problem fixed

What are the current spreads for Life Orb Tornadus-T, Mixed Hippowdon and Calm Mind MG Clefable?
I think the other two can vary based on what the team needs but Hippowdon's OU mixed spread is this:

Item
Ability
Nature
  • Impish
EVs
    • 252 HP
    • 144 Def
    • 112 SpD
Use sand stream if it helps any pokemon on your team, otherwise use sand force.

That's from the analysis pokedex, if you haven't checked there I would highly recommend doing do.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is Icy Wind Gengar a decent alternative to Focus Blast if your team handles Dark types nicely such as pairing it with Mega Gardevoir and Keldeo?
Yes, it is very useful for making tornt, weavile, starmie, and others slower than you on the switch in as well as hitting the million mons that are 4x weak to ice really hard.

Is Icy Wind Gengar a decent alternative to Focus Blast if your team handles Dark types nicely such as pairing it with Mega Gardevoir and Keldeo?
I think icy wind gengar is worth using, seeing as mega gardevoir and keldeo can probably handle dark types well enough.

Also, littlelucario ninja-d the rest of my comment, and I completely agree with his input.

I'm trying to calc a Diggersby using EQ against a Skarmory, and obviously it doesn't work since Skarmory is a flying type. However, the calculator doesn't seem to understand the way Smack Down works so that I actually would be able to hit Skarmory with EQ.

Does anyone know how I can calc this properly?

I'm trying to calc a Diggersby using EQ against a Skarmory, and obviously it doesn't work since Skarmory is a flying type. However, the calculator doesn't seem to understand the way Smack Down works so that I actually would be able to hit Skarmory with EQ.

You should be able to set Skarmory's type to just Steel by setting its flying type to (none)

You can remove the Flying-type of Skarmory to see the damage. Howewer I don't think we need to calc.
Edit: Ninja'ed
Edit2: Smack Down + EQ kills Skarmory

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!

you can also activate gravity as an effect.

Concerning Tornadus-T: The thing gets Air Slash. Is there a particular reason folks don't run that?
Generally people prefer Hurricane over Air Slash on Tornadus-T because Air Slash is much weaker (75<110) and fails to get certain KO's as a result. I can't remember which KO's specifically off the top of my head, but I know they're important.

However, if you have an aversion to low-accuracy moves and have enough support from your team to make sure that Air Slash gets the KO's it needs to then by all means, run Air Slash.

General consensus seems to be that scarf Excadrill blows. Why?
Seems like it's the most consistent spinner in the tier so if you're on a spike stacking ho (ie don't want to use defog) but you have an sr-weak wincon like CharX, seems like it does the job well, plus acts as a decent revenge killer / late game cleaner. Am I missing something?

General consensus seems to be that scarf Excadrill blows. Why?
Seems like it's the most consistent spinner in the tier so if you're on a spike stacking ho (ie don't want to use defog) but you have an sr-weak wincon like CharX, seems like it does the job well, plus acts as a decent revenge killer / late game cleaner. Am I missing something?
The main reason is that you're forced to lock yourself into Rapid Spin, which gives your opponent free turns to come in and do whatever they want while you spin and switch out. Additionally, neither of Excadrill's STABs are great to lock yourself into, as both have common resistances and immunities that can provide even more free turns.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I mean excadrill as a spinner itself kind of blows the reason why exca is good as a scarfer or under sand is for its immunity to thunder wave which mons like klefki and thundurus use to deter detriments to offense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)