ORAS OU ORAS OU Singles team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I've been working on an OU Singles fo ORAS. Before you ask, yes I have tested this team. I've gone through 8 Pokemon including the Pokemon in the team. wise Glasses Delphox and Life Orb Sawsbuck were in this team, but I replaced them with Wise Glasses Jolteon and Rocky Chesnaught

Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Spiky Shield
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer

This was a back-up for Dragonite and a deadly threat to Water-types. It originally had Belly Drum over Brick Break, but Velly Drum didn't exactly fit it...

Fourtris (Forretress) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball

Named after my sister's favorite OTP, Forretress was to set up spikes and attempt to Toxic. If necessary, Rapid Spin.

Chandelure @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Energy Ball

Chandelure was to block set-ups like Ninjask and Scolipede. Also was to get rid of Grass- and Water-type threats.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 84 HP / 84 Atk / 84 Def / 84 SpA / 84 SpD / 84 Spe
Serious Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Water Pulse
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage

My main attacker, Dragonite was to hit strong with Dragon Dance/Outrage, and use the Lum Berry to get out of confusion. Also used to take care of Fire- and Water-type threats.

Latias (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Recover
- Dragon Breath
- Mist Ball
- Psycho Shift

The Mega-Evolution, which is an aspect of a team which I always include, this was the main stall after a Toxic from Fourtris. Mist Ball/Dragon Breath to wither it down while Toxic was around, and Psycho Shift in case it got a status condition (Burn, Poison, Paralysis mainly). Recover was to stall.

Jolteon @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Charge Beam
- Thunder
- Shadow Ball

The main Water- and Flying- defense. The Wise Glasses choice over Choice Specs was because while effective, it only allows one move, and that's bad for a Volt Switcher. Shadow Ball was in case of Ground or other immunities or weaknesses.

I just realized how many Modest Pokemon I have on here @_@ Anyway, can anyone help? I tried the best I could :D

What the Hell is with this ev spread?

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 84 HP / 84 Atk / 84 Def / 84 SpA / 84 SpD / 84 Spe
Serious Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Water Pulse
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage

I suggest you use something like this

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Don't use Wise Glasses. Don't use Jolteon. Don't use three electric type moves on one Pokemon. Use this:

Raikou @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Extrasensory

I would make a lot more changes but would end up replacing like half of your team. If you want to learn more about the basics of competitive battling, try Battling 101. You'll learn a lot :)

Also here more optimal sets at least for some Pokemon, trying to maintain the same roles:

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Leech Seed
- Hammer Arm
- Spikes

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 160 HP / 156 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Substitute
- Taunt

Latias (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and if you're new to this, join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)