Other ORAS OU Viability Ranking Thread - Check post #2359

Status
Not open for further replies.
in all honesty I did say its an excellent cleaner against HO,and also I don't think 6 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed is an optimal spread for M-Scpetile :/. It generally runs enough attack to nail Heatran(92 Evs iirc) and that's the set I have experience with, EQ/HP:Fire/Dragon Pulse/Giga Drain is an excellent set to clean up late game or make holes in opponents team midgame with spoton predictions but there are a few things it just can't break and thus it will always be a liability against a bulkier team
Don't forget that key elements on balance and bulky offence is pokes such as heatran, which he can get past, slowbro and latias etc, don't forget rotom too, which he only benefit from getting in against.

Yeah exactly, like on balance I can threaten Heatran/Rotom-W /Lati@s with one moveslot....but what do I do to stall? Nothing! So that's why I said it's an excellent help against balance/offense but against stall it can only force out Quagsire iirc. SO against stall its dead weight since even a good prediction won't exactly dent anything from M-Sceptile's frankly underwhelming attack and sp. attack stats. I feel that stall is very rarely played in ORAS though(hard stall at least) so I feel M-Sceptile SHOULD go to B+ or thereabouts because it is excellent but has significant flaws(namely underwhelming offensvie stats) but still has a terrific role to play against other playstyles :)

Poor Mega T-Tar, I want to disagree with all the drop nominations, but they are totally right and I'd be showing bias. It has great bulk and an awesome movepool, and it hits really hard. However, there are just too many things in the current meta that stop it from gaining momentum. I was using my Mega T-Tar team in the ORAS ladder that I maxed at 1740 in the XY OU ladder, and I completely struggled to do anything with him. Salamence, Lopunny, Keldeo, Lando-T, Altaria, Excadrill and quite a few others can just stop him in his tracks and stop him from getting any dd's off. Even at +1 he can't do anything to most of these mons and I think that's where his biggest struggle comes from. I think B+ is a solid spot for him.

Yeah exactly, like on balance I can threaten Heatran/Rotom-W /Lati@s with one moveslot....but what do I do to stall? Nothing! So that's why I said it's an excellent help against balance/offense but against stall it can only force out Quagsire iirc. SO against stall its dead weight since even a good prediction won't exactly dent anything from M-Sceptile's frankly underwhelming attack and sp. attack stats. I feel that stall is very rarely played in ORAS though(hard stall at least) so I feel M-Sceptile SHOULD go to B+ or thereabouts because it is excellent but has significant flaws(namely underwhelming offensvie stats) but still has a terrific role to play against other playstyles :)
True, true however, being walled by chansey is hardly a flaw for an offensive mon, the same goes for other mons on stall, but its not like stall is hard to beat by any means ''hard'' to deal with. So while scep is definitely not a stallbreaker, your standpoint is not exactly true, scep can force out not only quag but also skarm, heatran and other ''bulky waters'' such as suicune.

Scep does require more support than the A+ rank megas, but compared to other A- and B+ pokes he is definitely more useful in general, thanks to his speed and very decent attacking stats.

I think both Dragonite and Garchomp should drop to A-. As long as Mega Mence exists in OU they are nowhere as effective. Every team being over prepared for Mega mence for really limits their effectiveness since they all share pretty much share the same checks.

Also, should Slowbro and Slowbro (Mega) share the same spot regardless of whether they're the same rank? I mean... Tyranitar doesn't share it's spot with Tyranitar (Mega).

Also, should Slowbro and Slowbro (Mega) share the same spot regardless of whether they're the same rank? I mean... Tyranitar doesn't share it's spot with Tyranitar (Mega).
They will not share the same spot, i dont know why they do it as for now.

Because it is more viable, basically a LO latias is better than a mega latias, at least that is what it shows.
Next time go to the simple questions simple answer threat :)
Um, no. The reason it's still ranked lower is because this list has hardly been updated at all. Heck, most of the changes alexwolf mentioned here have yet to be implemented. Life Orb Latias is not better than Mega Latias at all. It gets a little bit of extra power but also suffers Life Orb recoil, misses out on tons of bulk, and takes more damage from Knock Off, which is a pretty big deal. Heck, there have been people arguing that Mega Latias should move up to S or at least A+, either of which would put it on part with or above regular Latias (and that's assuming regular Latias doesn't drop later on down the road).

Also, please don't be a minimod. There's nothing wrong with asking a question about the viability rankings in the viability ranking thread.

Um, no. The reason it's still ranked lower is because this list has hardly been updated at all. Heck, most of the changes alexwolf mentioned here have yet to be implemented. Life Orb Latias is not better than Mega Latias at all. It gets a little bit of extra power but also suffers Life Orb recoil, misses out on tons of bulk, and takes more damage from Knock Off, which is a pretty big deal. Heck, there have been people arguing that Mega Latias should move up to S or at least A+, either of which would put it on part with or above regular Latias (and that's assuming regular Latias doesn't drop later on down the road).

Also, please don't be a minimod. There's nothing wrong with asking a question about the viability rankings in the viability ranking thread.
Which is why i said: at least that is what the list shows. the list is to give a fair standpoint of which pokemon is viable, and how viable they are, pretty basic, and yes it is too early to say who is the better of the two.

I am really not trying to mini mod, but to be fair, this threat is not meant to be overflowing with ''simple questions'' and as mega mawilie is a new user (from post count) i just recommended that he used the simple questions simple answer threat.

Last edited:
life orb latias is already a pretty curious choice?? latias is usually used as a healing wish cleric or a defogger due to its hefty bulk. latios has the extra power to make better use of life orb. also, lo recoil makes latias more susceptible to knock off damage.

Healing Wish latias is also generally Life orb tbh, its used on Hyper Offense iirc to check M-Saur and stuff,so it kind of needs Life orb!

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
life orb latias is already a pretty curious choice?? latias is usually used as a healing wish cleric or a defogger due to its hefty bulk. latios has the extra power to make better use of life orb. also, lo recoil makes latias more susceptible to knock off damage.
I'm not sure you entirely understand the role of Latias. Yes, she's used as a bulky defogger on offensive and offensively oriented balance teams, but life orb is in no way a bad option. While it's true that it takes away from her bulk, it doesn't do so at the cost of limiting her effectiveness. As it is now, her standard set includes defog, 2 attacks, and either roost or healing wish in the last slot, with max speed investment and 72 HP / 184 SAtk investment equipped with a life orb. She still does her job of checking the likes of mega Venusaur, Keldeo, Terrakion, etc despite losing 10% of her HP every time she attacks. Latios has more power, yes, but also falls to stronger attacks, some of which his sister can live. The two are comparable in more ways than not, and often have overlapping roles.

Also LO doesn't do anything to. Knock off, lol. It's a held item like every other one.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Earthquake KOs Heatran and Bullet Punch KOs M-Diancie. The fact a Pokémon is OHKO'd by a certain move doesn't mean it is not a good pokemon. 72 / 184 / 252+ or 152 / 104 / 252+ are both nice EV spreads hitting a Life Orb number, while still having pretty much bulk and a cool typing.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think that mega Charizard-X should go down to A- rank because every one of his sets are outclassed. He should go up to A+ after the megamence is banned.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
No way is Mega Charizard X on the same level as Diggersby, Jirachi and Manaphy. Also, his bulky WoW set is still good, not to mention that he can't be burned unlike Mega Mence.
He is outclassed by Sableye in his bulky WoW set, and would be the best Dragon Dancer in the tier if mence was banned, so I think it is safe to put him in A+ post-menca ban.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
mega sableye and mega charizardx are very different pokemon, even if they both use a bulky wow set. And i think even if mence was banned, altaria would be next in line for the best dder. but being like, the #1 for sure end all counter to thundurus is pretty outstanding. certainly not A-
I said A+ after megamence ban.

I said A+ after megamence ban.
Why would it be A+ after the Mega Mence ban? ORAS introduced absolutely nothing that impinges upon its effectiveness; only its opportunity cost was increased with the introduction of Mega Mence.

EDIT: nvm Mega Altaria(mini mence) was introduced, but its base bulk is not enough to stop ZardX, so you need to run a defensive set which no one is running.

Why would it be A+ after the Mega Mence ban? ORAS introduced absolutely nothing that impinges upon its effectiveness; only its opportunity cost was increased with the introduction of Mega Mence.

EDIT: nvm Mega Altaria(mini mence) was introduced, but its base bulk is not enough to stop ZardX, so you need to run a defensive set which no one is running.
A much less favorable Speed tier in conjunction with competition for a team slot in either role it performs are enough to keep it in A+ after the Mega Salamence ban. I'd like it to stay in A+, as it was already getting shaky as an S-Ranker late-XY and with the metagame being much less kind to it, as well as the aforementioned factors, Mega Charizard X fits in A+.

I believe Magnezone should rise up from A- to A. The ability to trap steel types like Ferrothorn & Skarmory is a boon for it and partners it may have such as Mega Swampert, Mega Beedrill, Mega Diancie, etc. Magnezone's presence in the metagame also forces these Pokemon to run Shed Shell in some cases which limits the amount of recovery Ferrothorn or Skarmory gets that turn. A solid base 130 special attack makes sure said Steel types are dealt with quickly. The base 60 speed is a bit of a downer, but nobody can deny the utility Magnezone has offensively which is why I believe Magnezone should be in A.

I think that mega Charizard-X should go down to A- rank because every one of his sets are outclassed. He should go up to A+ after the megamence is banned.
Why move XZard down and up to the same rank at all if the pokemon who you are comparing XZard to is gonna be banned? Sounds rather counterproductive to me (implying the ranking will be changed before Mega Mence get banned >_>).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)