Project ORAS Rarely Used Teambuilding Competition V4 [Week 26 - Manetric - Nomination]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ok the time for voting is over this week winner is:

-kal- :D

Alright for this weeks Pokemon we will be doing:

Venomoth was dropped to RU about 2 weeks ago and been doing amazing in this tier with one of its best sets being LO Quiverdance plus three attacks or the mono attacking sub Quiver Dance Roost set. Though it can fit on any team it has probleams setting up on more Hyper Offesenvie based team but has fun with setting up on balance / Stall.

Gl everyone :D

Submit teams to me through one like last week have your Team and Team building process/ Explanation with it Thanks

The day submitting teams is over: August 30

Last edited:

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Alright here are this week teams:

Basically this team focuses on destroying Venomoth's few counters with fire spam, spikes, trapping and mockery (get it cuz mime haha). Camerupt is able to set out rocks and break steel types like Steelix, while checking Pokemon like Emboar. Spdef ev's let it live a +2 Dark Pulse from doom, while giving it maximum power with a modest nature. Virizion breaks Jellicent, another "check" to Venomoth. Houndoom helps in trapping Scarf Delphox, another threat to Venomoth as well as Virizion. Qwilfish is able to set up spikes to support Venomoth as well as serve as my only way to stop rocks as personally I think every hazard remover in this tier is ass. Originally there was a Mesprit in the last slot, but I found scarf Mesprit extremely underwhelming, especially in revenge killing Scrafty so I added Mr. Mime, who has STAB Dazzling Gleam and a better chance to OHKO Scrafty and Focus Blast. Healing Wish helps a lot with Virizion and Venomoth late game. Seeing as Scrafty can't DD twice on anything on this team, I felt safe using it as my only revenge killer. Mr. Mime also does decent damage to mega lix with Focus Blast, further aiding for a late game moth sweep, while also serving as a late game cleaner itself.

Venomoth @ Life Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Roost

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 32 SpA / 140 SpD / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

ban delphox (Houndoom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 108 Atk / 148 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

As you can see this team is not a very serious team but no one said is not possible to use fun teams in the tier; even for being a fun team this one explodes well the Venomoth Offense spectrum to lure most of his counters along with Buttefree + Vivillion, as a butter core which is the main idea of the team. Vivillion its the Sleep Powder abuser cause Compound Eyes, along with Quiver Dance and Substitute can by pass certain faster mons even after +1 boost as opposite Scarf Flygon with Substitute up, Hurricane its also an amazing STAB so after Quiver Dance its really easy to spam to weaken opposite Steels and to lure Fight and Poison types. Buttefree on the other hand helps to lure Escavalier and Rhyperior with Hidden Power Fire and Giga Drain respectively, Focus Sash as the item because its not that hard to keep along with Flygon Defog + Xatu Magic Bounce to prevent Stealth Rock in my field; last mon is Steelix-Mega which is easily one of the best mons in the tier: check several mons and again, Sturdy paired with Defog + Magic Bounce user its interesting.
I know this tier has it's flaws, but you need to play aggressively and make your strategy work first than your opponent one does.

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Dalia (Vivillon) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Substitute

Claris (Butterfree) @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Sofia (Venomoth) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Roost
- Sludge Bomb

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Psyshock

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Defog
- Earthquake

Vote 1 or 2 Good luck everyone :D

Voting Ends: Sept 3

Last edited:

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Alright the winner for this is :

Kableye :D here your dream Pokemon game

This week Pokemon is :

+ Fighting Type

Yep The one and only Sigilyph!! Sigi is one of the threats to watch out for in RU its most Popular sets being Life orb 4 Attacks Life orb 2 attacks + roost Calm Roost plus 2 attacks and if any of you know this aids sets Flame orb Calm Mind Psycoshift + Air Slash. Sigi can honest fit on any play style Stall Balance and Offensice etc. One of its flaws of course is having the common weakness to dark types such as Houndoom Spirtomb and Sneasel and also being set up by Other bulky Psyschic types Calm Minders Such as Delphox and Meloetta. That's why for this week with Sigi teams you need to have least one Fighting type includuded on the team. For those wondering why Fighting Types Sigi probleam are Rock and Dark Types Fighting Types beat those they also can lure in Psychoc Types and Knock Off or weaken them enough where they can't set up.

This week you can submit team on the thread (Guys somewhere in your post can you tell me weather you want teams Submited on the thread or PMS )

Deadline for Nomanations: September 10th

Good luck everyone :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)