Project ORAS Rarely Used Teambuilding Competition V4 [Week 26 - Manetric - Nomination]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Alright the winner for this round by 2 votes is...

Now for our next Pokemon it's our up coming RU star:

Sneasel!!! Sneasel first became popular with introduction of noivern but even after Noivern ban it's still beginning to climb in usage. It's most common set is Life Orb three attacks with Iccicle crash Knock Off Low Kick and Ice Shard. It can also pull of an SD set with Swords Dance Knock Off Low Kick and Ice Shard ( or Iciccle Crash ).

Deadline to submit: July 28

Deadline for Voting: August 3

Gl everyone :]

Last edited:
i got this bros, don't fret

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Archeops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Endeavor
- Head Smash

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 200 HP / 4 Def / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Psychic
- Heat Wave

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Head Smash

Dugtrio @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 236 Atk / 20 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Memento
- Sucker Punch

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 188 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

cute little ho brew i thought would be neat to stir up. the primary offensive battery being worked off here is that of pursuit sneasel / scarf emboar / fat cm sigilyph, which i consider to be rather cool at this time, covering not only many of the current 'flavours of the month', such as fight spam, specs growth, and annoying fatmon pairings i'd just rather not have to deal w/altogether. running a proficient scald absorber such as sigilyph also allows this to go a little more balls-to-the-wall offensively than a lot of teams, which might otherwise opt for something a little more draining momentum-wise, such as specsgrowth. of course, in running psychic / fire sigilyph and utilizing a rather grounded build, i sought to incorporate dugtrio as a means to restrict tspikes users and isolate doomers, which this team obviously retains checks for, but i dislike having to play pursuit games with them. this also established an excuse to utilize memento support, which comes of reasonable benefit to sigilyph. seeking to further capitalize on the current strengths this team retains, i incorporated a 'mon i think deserves some more use, being otr cofagrigus; this further reinforced the team's handle on fighters, while providing a solid win condition and forme of speed control as to accommodate the teams lack of proficient, offense cleaning scarfer. this build has some moderate issues with certain, levitating electrics, and can lose to chople scrafty if you lend too much to it in terms of free turns, but otherwise this is a team i am rather satisfied with. hope u enjoy ;]

Last edited:

P is For Penguin

formerly MainEvent
Team 49 Got This
So 3rd week in a row i thought id give this a go, also sneasel is a cool man even if Schaff says its bad. Alright so here is the team starts with the base sneasel which is just the normal LO variant decided to pair it with tangrowth because of its nice synergy with sneasel(other than fire types) it is able to switch pretty well into steels and fighting types throughout the tier due to it natural bulk, adding specs allowed it to hit back hard as well. After that decided too add mlix for rocks support + fairy counter. At this point the team was extremely weak to fire types so i added defense cofag(also for fighting types) to provide toxic spikes support to go along with rocks support, and also added defensive flygon to help with the fire type weakness. The last member of this team is clefairy decided to go with clefairy as the last member for a few reasons the first being scrafty can be pretty problematic so i needed a fairy, the next reason was clef has fairly decent bulk and has access to reliable healing + magic guard status absorber, and lastly i went with clefairy due to healing wish support which if used effectively can have a huge impact on games.

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard

Tangrowth @ Choice Specs
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Hex
- Pain Split

Flygon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog

Clefairy @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Healing Wish

Last edited:

P is For Penguin

formerly MainEvent
i got this bros, don't fret

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Archeops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Endeavor
- Head Smash

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
EVs: 200 HP / 4 Def / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Psychic
- Heat Wave

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Head Smash

Dugtrio @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 236 Atk / 20 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Memento
- Sucker Punch

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 188 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

cute little ho brew i thought would be neat to stir up. the primary offensive battery being worked off here is that of pursuit sneasel / scarf emboar / fat cm sigilyph, which i consider to be rather cool at this time, covering not only many of the current 'flavours of the month', such as fight spam, specs growth, and annoying fatmon pairings i'd just rather not have to deal w/altogether. running a proficient scald absorber such as sigilyph also allows this to go a little more balls-to-the-wall offensively than a lot of teams, which might otherwise opt for something a little more draining momentum-wise, such as specsgrowth. of course, in running psychic / fire sigilyph and utilizing a rather grounded build, i sought to incorporate dugtrio as a means to restrict tspikes users and isolate doomers, which this team obviously retains checks for, but i dislike having to play pursuit games with them. this also established an excuse to utilize memento support, which comes of reasonable benefit to sigilyph. seeking to further capitalize on the current strengths this team retains, i incorporated a 'mon i think deserves some more use, being otr cofagrigus; this further reinforced the team's handle on fighters, while providing a solid win condition and forme of speed control as to accommodate the teams lack of proficient, offense cleaning scarfer. this build has some moderate issues with certain, levitating electrics, and can lose to chople scrafty if you lend too much to it in terms of free turns, but otherwise this is a team i am rather satisfied with. hope u enjoy ;]
is there a specific reason your sneasel is pickpocket? or was that an accident, just wondering

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Oh yeah it's time to post a Sneasel team that's not around Sneasel at all.

lol flygon's in the corner
This team was based around Dragon Dance Scrafty, a very powerful that can crush teams with little effort. Over time, I added members, and I added LO Sneasel. Mega Steelix is used to set up rocks and check fairies, which help Sneasel, Scrafty, and Flygon a lot. Aromatisse is used to check Fighting types and Dragon Types and can pass Wishes, which is very useful as all of the other members other than Flygon have no recovery. Sneasel is used to beat Psychic types and grass types, and can hurt dragon types too, and it's super fast, so it helps my sort of slow team. I added CM Delphox to check grass types some more, and can beat Fighting types in a pinch and hits pretty hard as well with LO boosted attacks. Flygon is basically the hazard remover for the team, who can provide momentum with U-Turn and have a nice offensive presence with EQ. The ground immunity also helps, as megaLix and Delphox are weak to Ground type moves, and Sneasel is sorta frail, so it can't take EQs that well. (Scrafty too.) This team is sorta weak to Water types, but jellicent is weak to knock Off and Clawitzer is the only good offensive water type I think, and it's not that bulky and it's slow. it's also sort of weak to Fighting types, as three of my members are weak to it, and Aromatisse can sometimes be overwhelmed and delphox is pretty frail. Also, Sneasel can do a number to this team as well.

Importable:
Nigga Fite Me (Scrafty) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Iron Head

Solid Snake (Steelix-Mega) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sand Force
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Slutty Ducky (Aromatisse) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Steal Yo Girlz (Delphox) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind

Clutch Claws Jr. (Sneasel) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Killer Moth (Flygon) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Here's a replay of this team doing work: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-252425915

Last edited:

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Oh yeah it's time to post a Sneasel team that's not around Sneasel at all.

This team was based around Dragon Dance Scrafty, a very powerful that can crush teams with little effort. Over time, I added members, and I added LO Sneasel. Mega Steelix is used to set up rocks and check fairies, which help Sneasel, Scrafty, and Flygon a lot. Aromatisse is used to check Fighting types and Dragon Types and can pass Wishes, which is very useful as all of the other members other than Flygon have no recovery. Sneasel is used to beat Psychic types and grass types, and can hurt dragon types too, and it's super fast, so it helps my sort of slow team. I added CM Delphox to check grass types some more, and can beat Fighting types in a pinch and hits pretty hard as well with LO boosted attacks. Flygon is basically the hazard remover for the team, who can provide momentum with U-Turn and have a nice offensive presence with EQ. The ground immunity also helps, as megaLix and Delphox are weak to Ground type moves, and Sneasel is sorta frail, so it can't take EQs that well. (Scrafty too.) This team is sorta weak to Water types, but jellicent is weak to knock Off and Clawitzer is the only good offensive water type I think, and it's not that bulky and it's slow. it's also sort of weak to Fighting types, as three of my members are weak to it, and Aromatisse can sometimes be overwhelmed and delphox is pretty frail. Also, Sneasel can do a number to this team as well.
Importable:
Nigga Fite Me (Scrafty) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Shed Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Iron Head

Solid Snake (Steelix-Mega) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sand Force
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Slutty Ducky (Aromatisse) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Steal Yo Girlz (Delphox) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind

Clutch Claws Jr. (Sneasel) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Killer Moth (Flygon) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost
Can you put the explanation and set in a /HIDE and put the Pokemon lined up beside each other like the other builders Thanks

EDIT: do HIDE in [ ] then finish with / HIDE

oh, emboar was a mistake haha. pickpocket is there b.c once in a blue moon you come in on a weaker knock off, and from there you can get a little disruption in edgewise. no other ability has any kind of pertinent application, so i prefer it haha

P is For Penguin

formerly MainEvent
oh, emboar was a mistake haha. pickpocket is there b.c once in a blue moon you come in on a weaker knock off, and from there you can get a little disruption in edgewise. no other ability has any kind of pertinent application, so i prefer it haha
ok cool and i didnt even realize the emboar one lol, i usually just go with inner focus for no flinches because keen eye has pretty much 0 use and i guess if you get knocked off pickpocket could be cool. Anyway cool team dude ^.^

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Going to end this 1 day Early the winner for this round is

For this week's mon it will finally be a core :0:

Yep Dragon Spam the basic thing Dragon Spam does is weaken down each other's switch in allowing the switch to build pressure having to switch into them. Don't worry you don't have to use these Dragon I will allow the use of any Dragon but your team have to atleast have 2 Dragons to qualify for Dragon Spam. Some viable Dragon that come to mind is Tyrantrum, Flygon, and Druddigon but you don't to stick with those their are some PU Dragons like Zwilous and Fraxsure also can't wait to see the team for this GL Everyone :D.

Deadline to submit team: August 9th

Deadline to Vote: August 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)