Project ORAS Rarely Used Teambuilding Competition V4 [Week 26 - Manetric - Nomination]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Alright sorry for being a little late on this guys was at school this week winner for Dragon Spam is :

Now for this weeks core this week I decided to back to a simple fun core known as F/W/G ( Fire/ Water/Grass):

FWG core are one of the most well known and pretty simple cores as both these types cover each other weaknesses very well ( Grass is weak to Fire and Ice type Fire and Water resists it Fire is weak to ground and water types grass and water resists it Water is weak to grass and electric types Fire and Grass type resists it) The rule is pretty simple for this week have a team of at least one FWG core to quilfy for this week Good luck every one :]

Deadline to Submit teams: August 19

Last edited:

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Also guys (sorry about forgetting this ) I'm trying something new out this week some users wanted me to try so Submit your team and Explantion or teambuilding procedure to me by pm

Team Count: 5

Last edited:

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Alright Nomantion is over, here are this week team submissions:

A pretty fun semi-stall team that I made quite some time ago. I decided to use mixed defensive Quagsire because I feel its pretty good atm, being able to take on the likes of Venomoth, Scrafty, and Mega Steelix. I like Curse on it because it allowed me to capitalize on weaker setup sweepers Emboar was added as it worked pretty well with Quagsire as it pressures Grass-types a lot and also deals with HP Grass doom. After noticing a glaring Meloetta weakness (Quagsire is quite shaky against Sub+CM Meloetta cuz of drops and stuff), I decided to put in Mega Lix to check it and also another way to deal with Venomoth as Quagsire may get pressured to wall too many Pokemons. I decided on Togetic next as my team was annoyed by Fighting-types in general and i also needed Defog support as Quagsire cannot reliably take on certain mons if there are too many hazards. Tangrowth was my next choice as my team was pressured by Alomomola and Jellicent and Rotom-C and I needed a way to beat them. Tamgrowth also served as a pivot to pressure bulky Waters which can ease Emboar to clean up late-game and helps Quagsire set up too. Seeing as how my team was kinda weak to Stone Edge Virizion, I decided to add Poison Jab to Tangrowth so that I can beat it one-on-one. Lastly, Audino served as a glue to my team. Being a pivot and a cleric, Audino was definitely something that my team needs after seeing a lack of a way to replenish Steelix and Emboar to a lesser extent. Basically, Audino just pivots and passes a Wish to a teammate and sometimes Heal Bells and thats pretty much it. Having Audino and Togetic together on the same team also meant that I could run Toxic on Audino so that it has a better matchup against fatter teams. The Attack investment on Audino ensures that it always breaks Meloetta's Substitutes as even though Mega Steelix could handle it, it may get too pressured to do so which is why I wanted another way to deal with it. Probably not the best team cuz stall and semi-stall teams are currently not in the best of situations due to the popularity of many wallbreakers.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Curse

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Will-O-Wisp

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heal Bell

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Atk / 192 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Poison Jab

Audino @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 168 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Toxic

So, my teambuilding process was to use Screens Virizion sucessfully. I knew it had amazing synergy with Venomoth, but I also knew it had great defensive synergy with Jellicent, but both combos were incredibly weak to things likes Eelektross and also needed rocks, so I added Druddigon. From there, I felt that my team had a pretty serious issue with Sigilyph, Delphox and Meloetta, who had the power and coverage to handle my defensive backbone. Doom not only checks those (and scares them out usually), but also traps them and provides excellent defensive type synergy with Jellicent and Virizion despite not being invested (just don't like it take too many hits). Fletchinder was added to resolve my team's serious Venomoth, Gurdurr, Scarf Medicham, and Scrafty weaknesses, gives me a late-game cleaner, a secondary use of Dual Screens, and is just a super solid mon in this meta.

Venomoth @ Black Sludge
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 80 HP / 24 Def / 172 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Bug Buzz

Virizion @ Light Clay
Ability: Justified
EVs: 204 HP / 52 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Close Combat
- Taunt

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Druddigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Def / 28 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Houndoom @ Black Glasses
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Fire Blast

I started adding Fletchinder to the team, a mon that i like. His moves are standard, and the evs allows me to outspeed Samurott(isnt common, but, still valid), when still avoiding 2hkoes from CB sneasel Ice shard. The rest of the evs goes into his attack with adamant nature to maximize his power of causing damage.
Then I added gastrodon, that perfectly cores with Fletch, in sense of covering weakness. Bold nature with max def/max hp allows me to switch into physical moves better, recover for recovering(duh ._.), scald and earth power are his better special stabs and toxic allows me to hitting mola, which is an good counter to fletch.
Considering that fletchinder is an SD sweeper, an secondary SD sweeper would help me, because its hard to stop after fletch weak they. Stone edge is to hit golbat/togetic, who does an good job walling my team, besides fearing burn. Now my team is weak to Glalie mega, so I added Hitmontop, who also helps Fletchinder by removing hazards. Sucker punch allows it to dont being revenge killed by delphox. My team had no rocks, so I added registeel, because my team has no spd walls. Protect scouts choice locked Delphox, and toxic is ideal for Pokés who can remove Registeel hazards(hitmontop, flygon, togetic). And finally, my team was weak to Delphox and, special sweepers after Registeel is weakened, since it lacks recovery. So I added audino mega, who can Wish pass to my team and heal bell

Fletchinder
EVs: 152 HP / 212 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Recover

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Foresight

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Audino @ Audinite
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam

First up is Bird as a late game cleaner and revenge killer for top threats. One thing that stops Fletch can be status and rocks limit switch ins, so taunt takes care of both in a way. Its also fast enough for most rockers. Alo is our spD wall and wish passer to keep team alive. After testing evs I learned to go spD to have a neat balance and pivot. Torterra is our rocker and should be used more imo. It scares out most rockers and its stabs are p nice. It can also take hits and has recovery if needed. Togetic is our hazard control and physical wall for fighting types and has heal bell to heal team from status. I chose Glalie for the mega because its still very good and more priority if needed. Last is Scarf Medicham to add speed and revenge killer. Trick can also cripple walls :] This is a balance team so HO adds a lot of pressure hence the need for revenge mons. I hope you like this balance build.

Fletchinder
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Def / 28 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Roost

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Synthesis
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Heal Bell
- Dazzling Gleam

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earthquake
- Return

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Trick

So to start, Miya and I were testing Delphox pretty extensively as a Venomoth Check. That was our starting base as well as our fire core. From there, we originally had Quilfish as a hazard setter, but swapped Qwilfish out for Amamalama for some defensive support and added in Mega Glalie as a hazard setter, who can also Explode to end a game. Venomoth was added in because Venomoth is a very strong Pokémon who can sweep teams if all else fails, Jolteon helps Amamalama with Electric Switch-ins and can Volt turn for a surprising amount of damage, and Lilligant is here to Scarf healing wish to allow our other attackers to reenter the fray, while also posessing a very strong leaf storm.

Delphox @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot

Amamalama (Alomomola) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Protect

Lillil (Lilligant) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Healing Wish
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Volt (Jolteon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Daithim (Venomoth) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Tinted Lens
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz

Vote 1 2 3 4 or 5 for the team you think is the best

Voting Ends: August 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)