Project ORAS Rarely Used Teambuilding Competition [Week 3 Voting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Forgot to mention: Voting will last for two days, so new round is up on 10/11/2014.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
fleurdyleurse - The squad is extremely well built and covers the majority of threats in the metagame. It uses really good underrated threats like Seismitoad and Kabutops, and it has Sub BU Braviary -> therefore, you have my vote. Screw stall.

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Voting's officially closed!

And the winner is...

jiaxinghu!

(excuse me, I've been waiting to do that since Arikado's pizza picture)

Seriously talking now, there's a 5-way tie between galbia, Sweep, fleurdyleurse, the aforementioned justinjiaxinghu and myself, so I'm adding all of the teams to the archive. Thank you all for your collaborations!

---

With that said, this week's core will be slightly different in the sense that a clear direction will be given for people to follow, but there'll be many options to opt from. Here it is:

+ any of the following:

Don't be afraid to post to post your collaborations, be it teams or criticism! :]

Deadline: 14th of November. Voting starts that day and ends on the 16th.

Last edited:

phantom

Banned deucer.
Spikes Hyper Offense:

Mesprit is a very nice Pokemon in RU atm, and one of my favorite cores is Mesprit + Qwilfish, which Doublade conveniently fits well on. So basically, Qwilfish functions as a suicide lead setting up Spikes and Toxic Spikes and then Taunting the Defog user or Exploding on the Rapid Spin user. From there, I have Mesprit set up Stealth Rock while also posing a threat to those very same Pokemon. Ice Beam on Mesprit is key to that, particularly for its ability to OHKO Gligar and also one-shot Shiftry. When you build a team centered around entry hazards, a spin blocker is a must, in this case I picked Doublade because it also doubles up as a proficient set-up sweeper. This team needed some Speed and wallbreaking prowess, so I added Choice Scarf Moltres and specially-based Mixed Mega Abomasnow, respectively. I prefer Mixed mega Abomasnow for this team because this variant works best with Spikes. With that gaping Stealth Rock weakness alongside that annoying Choice Scarf Moltres weakness, Assault Vest Kabutops was added to fix that. It's Knock Off spamming ability is also nice for breaking down stall so as to help Mega Abomasnow clean more easily. A bit Reuniclus weak, but otherwise it can handle just about everything else pretty well.
Qwilfish (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Toxic Spikes

Mesprit @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 168 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Shard
- Giga Drain
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Overheat
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower

Kabutops @ Assault Vest
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin

oh mesprit :OO finally

base 105 offenses/defenses and a nifty base 80 speed that makes it a pretty good support/utility mon, gonna give it a shot [[:

Turn-Switch Balanced:

Ok time for my first team post. Mesprit is a tricky pokemon and that allows it to get some sneaky KOs. Mesprit lures in Spiritomb, Drapion, Skuntank, and some special walls. That get dented by its coverage. HP Ground nets a 2kho on Drapion and Skuntank, and dazzling gleam takes out weakened spiritomb and fighting types. Expert Belt is chosen to fake scarf on it, But Scarf can be run on it too. Support Cobalion fits well with Mesprit and takes knock off pretty well. He wrecks stall teams and opposing leads. Sunny Day Tres is a killer. It can run Sunny Day and Solar Beam instead of U-Turn and Hurricane, but U-Turn seems better on it. Shiftry has great offensive synergy with Moltres. The EV spread makes his knock off to still get a ohko on slowking and meloetta, while his HP Fire gets a 2hko on Cobalion and Doublade even outside of sun. But 192 SpA can be run to get a 2hko on support Cobalion outside of sun. Additionally, Sucker Punch can be run instead of Knock Off, if more priority is needed. Gligar is Gligar, but it is free to use Immunity and Toxic as Kabutops will spin for the team. Now Kabutop's set is what makes me think again. I have used the team on the ladder, and I did a few calcs to find that AV Kabutops doesn't need Max attack(it doesn't net any important KOs), and Rock tomb KO's both Moltres and Fletchinder, while slowing any other offensive threat for a teammate to take out, usually Cobalion / Virizion can be slowed down for Moltres. Aqua Jet still does 20 - 25% on Moltres under sun which is not bad, as outside the sun, max attack kabutops requires an offensive item to score a kill on Moltres after rocks. Usually Top Lee would just scare away the Moltres user, unless it is clutch. Anyway, I think there is scope for improvement on this, I was thinking of having defog on gligar and running Omastar instead of Kabutops for spikes. But I like this team for the cool factor. If you guys have any suggestions, pm or vm me about it. Thanks for reading guys.
Spirit (Mesprit) @ Expert Belt / Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Dazzling Gleam / Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Energy Ball / Ice Beam
- U-turn

Stag (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Taunt

Purrl (Moltres) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Hasty Nature
- U-turn / Sunny Day
- Hurricane / Solar Beam
- Fire Blast
- Morning Sun

Grandpa (Shiftry) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Sunny Day
- SolarBeam
- Knock Off / Sucker Punch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gligs (Gligar) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Toxic

TopLee (Kabutops) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Tomb
- Knock Off
These Replays are from lower ladder, and put here for funny illustration.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-183393252
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-183416046

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This team was supposed to be balanced but some aspects goes into bulky offense so... lets just present the team:

Hello everyone. The core presented for this comp was pretty interesting so decided to give it a try. Mesprit provides nifty support having the ability to learn stealth rock and healing wish to give an ally another chance to play, psyshock as the stab of choice and ice beam to deal with gligar. Then we have a choice band durant with can easily punch some holes on the opposing team with its amazing power and wallbreaker capabilities. He also really loves healing wish support to have another chance to keep punching holes all day. Baton pass to provide a favorable switch when needed. Jolteon is here to provide a decent answer to a raising threat in the meta called fletchinder and the ever lasting moltres. It also provide a neat little turn core with durant having volt switch to grasp momentum. Druddigon is here to provide some more appreciated wallbreaking power having sheer force to boost the power of its attacks to dangerous levels then having sucker punch itself to have some nifty priority versus some more faster pokes. Felt the team was pretty meloetta weak to decided to add a reliable pursuit trapper in spiritomb, pretty lovely poke in this meta atm. It also provides something for doublade and for rhyperior burning both and punishing doublade hard if it has a swords dance up. Lastly we have a reliable spinner cause, even when durant and jolteon arent weak to rocks, they switch rather constantly to provide a favorable match-up so hazards will clearly take a toll with time so hazard clearing was rather necessary. We have kabutops with an assault vest being a durable spinner with offensive presence, also as a secondary moltres check (particularly scarftres since jolteon can deal with the not scarfed variants most of the time). Plus kabutops just looks really damn cool and goes with mesprit and durant particularly. Nothing truly innovating but it works (plus durant needed some love, it just looks so nice)

Mesprit @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish

Durant @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Iron Head
- Crunch
- Superpower

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam

Druddigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch

Spiritomb @ Black Glasses
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sucker Punch

Kabutops @ Assault Vest
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge

Comments and critics are absolutely appreciated. Im here, mostly, to learn and sharpen my teambuilding skills so any opinions would be excellent.

Mesprit @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Cobalion @ Lum Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Drapion @ Life Orb
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Kabutops @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Druddigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Sucker Punch

Yeah, I'll take a bite at this. So first, I started off standard lead Mesprit, but quickly noticed that it easily attracted the likes of Drapion, Skuntank, Registeel, Spiritomb, and Escavalier, as well as Slowking, Bronzong, Cresselia, and Doublade. I then noticed that SD Cobalion easily sets up on the former group, while SD Drapion easily sets up on the latter group. Also, I realized that Drapion was good at wearing down Cobalion's checks, so I decided to build a team around those two.

Thus, the first member of my team, U-Turn Mespirt was chosen. I started out with an all out attacking set, but after playing with my team, I've realized that having Healing Wish was extremely useful on a multitude of occasions, and I needed something to hit Gligar super effectively. So I ended up with something that looked like the regular SR set, except with U-Turn. Writing this, I realized scarf would be a good fit, since I lacked speed, but didn't really have time to try it out. Works in theory though.

Then, I chose to go with SD Cobalion, because it easily sets up on the things that Mesprit lures in, as well as being a solid sweeper. The moveset is pretty standard and self-explanatory.

Next, I realized that Mespirt also attracted a lot of bulky Psychics and Doublade, which all stop Cobalion. Furthermore, I needed a check to CM Psychics. SD Drapion was the man for the job. I was kinda reluctant to put 2 SD sweepers in one team, but I realized they had pretty reasonable offensive synergy together and formed a neat dual SD core (if that can be called a thing). SD Drapion can come in early game to punch walls in opposing teams and weaken Cobalion's checks counters, like Gligar, Weezing, Rhyperior, and Alomomola, and threatens things like Doublade and Slowking which trouble Cobalion, and pave a late game sweep for it. It also checks Psychics, which is like, mandatory for every team.

I really didn't want to use AV Kabutops, seeing that its at the height of its hype right now and literally every team here has it (LOL), but I really needed the support it brings in one slot. Scarf Moltres is extremely dangerous to this team, and I definitely needed a stop. Furthermore, I also needed hazard control, and I really didn't want to give up offensive momentum that a lot of the more defensive defoggers do. I considered running Superpower over one of its moves, since I really didn't want to give Cobalion and Virizion free switches, but I didn't have time to try, and in theory, nothing really could be replaced.

Next, AV Tangrowth was added. Yeah, dual SD and dual AV might look retarded, but Tangrowth plays a pretty different role from Kabutops. Remaining threats included that obvious af ground weakness, a fast electric weakness, Alomomola weakness, and general lack of a solid backbone. Tangrowth provided all of these, and unlike Amoonguss, has actual offensive muscle.

Offensive SR Druddigon is the final member. I lacked rocks, wanted more insurance (albeit weak) against stuff like Moltres, Slowking, Eel, etc., and in general something bulky but strong. Oh, and also priority as this team is on the slower side.

This team needs to play carefully around Virizion and Braviary, but otherwise, it matches up against a lot of things pretty well.

Last edited:
Offense

Mesprit @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Drapion @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail

Dugtrio @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Aerial Ace

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Surf
- Focus Blast

Having used Mesprit a lot since before Yanmega and Zoroark suspect tests i tried starting with a different set. No STAB moves might seem weird but Knock Off Mesprit is simply godly. Luring in threats such as Slowking (non Physically Defensive versions mostly die with rocks), Meloetta, Registeel (removing Shed Shell or putting into Earthquake range), Doublade, and every eviolite user ever and either doing massive damage or simply Knocking Off their items is really great and a nice twist over the Psychic set. Ice Beam is still used because i need to OHKO Gligar (which doesnt survive ever with neutral Nature and 4 SpA Evs) to keep rocks up. It also does quite a bit to sdef Golbat after Knock Off. Healing Wish and SR are standard and murders Shiftry/Sandslash. Next i have opted for Doublade. It is a very nice Spinblocker, appreciates Meloetta being Lured and heavily weakened and makes a pretty reliable "keep SR up" core with Mesprit (nice synergy too with Mesprit being able to occasionally switch into Ground-type attacks). SD set with a bit of creep is standard. The third mon, Substitute+SD Rhyperior (the set user Pearl. posted in NBT and i havent voted because hipster), is pretty unconventional but i needed a soft check to Moltres at least (which isnt even /that/ big of a problem with SR up) and also helps beating Skuntank while appreciating Gligar weakened. You can usually set up a sub on Scarf Moltres or on the switch to Amoonguss and such and usually get a kill depending on their spread. Note that this Pokemon loves Healing Wish support :]. Drapion is another Psychic-type check i added. It is also my main switch in for Pokemon such as Shiftry and one of my main ways of beating Sharpedo (bigass threat) as well as Cresselia, Reuniclus and so on. Then i simply added Dugtrio+Exploud because stuff like Cobalion and Virizion is very annoying and Exploud is very threatening to Pokemon such as Alomomola that are very scary for my team. Having a way of trapping Rhyperior and Registeel and Meloetta also helps Drapion and Doublade quite a bit.

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion

I decided to start with Scarf Mesprit as it can provide momentum with U-turn, and I went with special Mesprit with Ice Beam to lure Gligar in and kill it to keep my rocks up with Rhyperior to pressure offensive mons like Moltres. Healing Wish to bring back mons to full health to sweep obviously

Mesprit was weak to Pursuit trapping and Dark types in general, so I wanted to choose a mon that could come in on those dark types, mainly Spiritomb, and set up and possibly sweep, so I went with SubSD Cobalion as it can switch in on Dark type moves if need be and set up

Mesprit and Cobalion appreciate stuff like Doublade out of the way, and Meloetta can deal serious damage against both, so I added Spiritomb for Pursuit Trapping and it can help weaken Doublade for the other mons on my team. My spread outspeeds standard Doublade to burn/weaken it if need be

With SubSD Cobalion being the main sweeper on my team, I needed a mon that could handle its checks/counters, the main ones being Amoonguss, Alomomola (bitch fish), Gligar and Slowking, and Mega Abomasnow was looking like the best option, since it can weaken/kill all of them with its STAB moves, paving the way for Cobalion to come through

I wanted a mon to handle Scarf Moltres, so I went with specially defensive Rhyperior, since it can help pressure Moltres with Stealth Rock support. My spread ensures a guaranteed 2HKO on Doublade if it runs the standard spread, just in case the need arises, and I run enough speed to outspeed standard Doublade spreads. Then, the rest of the EVs went to HP and Special Defense to take Moltres's main STAB moves.

Lastly, I wanted another special attacker and a wallbreaker in general, and Clawitzer came to mind. I went with Life Orb Clawitzer instead of Specs for the ability to switch up moves. It is my secondary option in breaking down walls for Cobalion and in general, a hard-hitting special attacker to break down shit

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof --> Snow Warning
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Mild Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Atk / 184 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Roar

Clawitzer @ Life Orb
Ability: Mega Launcher
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I decided to start with Scarf Mesprit as it can provide momentum with U-turn, and I went with special Mesprit with Ice Beam to lure Gligar in and kill it to keep my rocks up with Rhyperior to pressure offensive mons like Moltres. Healing Wish to bring back mons to full health to sweep obviously

Mesprit was weak to Pursuit trapping and Dark types in general, so I wanted to choose a mon that could come in on those dark types, mainly Spiritomb, and set up and possibly sweep, so I went with SubSD Cobalion as it can switch in on Dark type moves if need be and set up

Mesprit and Cobalion appreciate stuff like Doublade out of the way, and Meloetta can deal serious damage against both, so I added Spiritomb for Pursuit Trapping and it can help weaken Doublade for the other mons on my team. My spread outspeeds standard Doublade to burn/weaken it if need be

With SubSD Cobalion being the main sweeper on my team, I needed a mon that could handle its checks/counters, the main ones being Amoonguss, Alomomola (bitch fish), Gligar and Slowking, and Mega Abomasnow was looking like the best option, since it can weaken/kill all of them with its STAB moves, paving the way for Cobalion to come through

I wanted a mon to handle Scarf Moltres, so I went with specially defensive Rhyperior, since it can help pressure Moltres with Stealth Rock support. My spread ensures a guaranteed 2HKO on Doublade if it runs the standard spread, just in case the need arises, and I run enough speed to outspeed standard Doublade spreads. Then, the rest of the EVs went to HP and Special Defense to take Moltres's main STAB moves.

Lastly, I wanted another special attacker and a wallbreaker in general, and Clawitzer came to mine. I went with Life Orb Clawitzer instead of Specs for the ability to switch up moves. It is my secondary option in breaking down walls for Cobalion and in general, a hard-hitting special attacker to break down shit

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Atk / 184 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Roar

Clawitzer @ Life Orb
Ability: Mega Launcher
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
Just a heads up you forgot Abomasnow EVs, cool team though.

P is For Penguin

formerly MainEvent

Mesprit @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Kabutops @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Surf
- Focus Blast

To start off with the core mons i decided to go with Mesprit + Cobalion. Mesprit is a LO variant with SR/Psychic/Ice Beam/Healing Wish, this gives good utility with the ability to set up rocks and lure gligar and also healing wish a mon back up to full hp. Mesprits counterpart on this team is sub SD Cobalion. Once Cobalion is behind a sub it becomes dangerous and even more dangerous at +2. Cobalion is also good at eating up dark moves for Mesprit. Now to go into the bulk, Lanturn + Kabutops. Lanturn is the bulky pivot used to switch in on many threats and then volt switch back out if needed but also carries scald + toxic to set up statuses if needed, with heal bell to round out the last move slot to clear the teams own status problems. Kabutops is the other bulky mon used on this team being the AV variant and spinning off hazards, spamming knock off, and carrying aqua jet for priority. To round out the team are to heavy hitting mons Rotom-Mow + Exploud. Rotom-Mow is the scarfed trick set carrying volt-switch, leaf storm, thunderbolt, and trick. Tricking a choice scarf onto some mons is extremely helpful because some mons extremely dislike it. And lastly Choice Specs Exploud to clean up teams, carrying Boomburst/Fire Blast/Surf/Focus Blast.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-183413645

Last edited:

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
Nominations are officially over! And this week's teams are...

Spirit's Team (Mesprit + Doublade)
Saleem S' Team (Mesprit + Cobalion)
MrAldo's Team (Mesprit + Durant)
Kevun's Team (Mesprit + Cobalion)
galbia's Team (Mesprit + Doublade)
gorex's Team (Mesprit + Cobalion)
MainEvent's Team (Mesprit + Cobalion)

The lack of Durant teams sort of let me down, but there are still a lot of interesting teams this week in spite of that. With that said, let the voting begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)