Project ORAS Rarely Used Teambuilding Competition [Week 3 Voting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Migzoo

Also how do the teams get chosen? Are they just handpicked by you, randomly selected etc?

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I mean like 8 teams were posted, but only 4 are options to vote on. How do you get to be one of those 4 teams.
only 4 teams were posted........

lmao just like I skipped yours in counting cause no pictures xD

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Arikado wins!

Here is week 2's core:

+

Deadlines are in the main post just fyi. I've extended them a bit because of christmas and stuff. Have fun etc :]

Last edited:
Alright, I used this team during Lop meta, and with a few modifications I still think it's effective :o

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 136 HP / 120 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Encore

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Parting Shot
- Ice Punch

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Drill Run

OR

Escavalier @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Rest
- Sleep Talk / Iron Head

Basically, this team aims to stack wallbreaking power from stuff like Camel, Drag, and Panda, while having SpD Alomomola as a nice Wish passer to heal up any if need be, as well as serving as a decent answer to Bird Jesus.

Mega Camerupt and Alomomola make a really nice core, as Camerupt checks virtually every Electric-type in the tier, barring the uncommon Heliolisk, and will usually dent large holes in offensive teams provided it gets in safely, and the opposing team doesn't have a Slowking. The given EV spread lets Camel outspeed Slowking, as if they happen to not have Assault Vest (CM variants), they virtually waste their Fire-type check. The moveset is fairly standard, as Camerupt can set up rocks with little trouble if pivoted in. Once Electric- and Grass-types are gone, which isn't exactly difficult as they hate nearly everything else on the team, Alomomola can come in freely and Wish pass, as well as spread Scald burns / Toxic.

Dragalge and Pangoro are usually the main Pokemon to use against common balance / stall teams; while they both are fairly slow, they have very few switch ins, and the ones that can switch in risk getting donked by the coverage move in the last slot (I used HP Fire over Focus Blast on Dragalge so that Esca doesn't have an easy time switching in, as it can do a number to my team, and it also hits Bronzong and Registeel for a decent chunk. Ice Punch is used so that Gligar can't switch in if they try to be cheeky and switch in on a Drain Punch), and they aren't exactly useless against offensive teams either, as Pangoro threatens out Slowking for Camerupt, as well as Steel-types for Dragalge. Meanwhile, Dragalge shits on Fairy-types for Pangoro (although Camerupt and Escavalier also excel at that), and absorbs Toxic Spikes, which makes up fo my lack of hazard control to an extent, as Zong Stall (aka the only stall) commonly carries Toxic Spikes and relies on Bronzong to switch into Dragalge, and a good portion of my team trashes Toxic Spikes users like Drapion and Weezing.

Whimsicott is kinda the momentum grabber for my team, and also helps out against Spikestacking leads like Omastar thanks to its access to Encore. Encore is also nifty as it stops set up sweepers cold, which is really nice as uncommon threats like Sub Swords Dance Cobalion have the potential to plow through my entire team. I went for an offensive variant so I can actually do a little bit of damage, and checks some stuff like Mega Sceptile and Hitmonlee, the latter of which can be a problem for my team if played correctly.

Finally, Esca is more of a glue than anything else, as I needed something that can switch into Meloetta, Mega Sceptile, and Exploud's Boombursts. Av Esca fills that fairly well, checking all of them decently and is also my main answer to shit like Cress and Reuniclus, who Panda is afraid to switch into sometimes. SpD SD Resttalk is a fun little set that can be used sometimes if you feel like you need a win condition, and something that can absorb status. Iron Head can be used over Sleep Talk, but the Fairy-types you hit with it can't take repeated boosted Megahorns, anyway.

Arikado didnt just win, i feel raped dayum.

Anyway i might as well post for this core since my team didnt seem like complete ass.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SpD
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Scald
- Refresh

Alright so alomomolojndufhsj-mola (tricky pronunciation lol) acts as a physical wall, a wish passer and a "pivot". I have refresh instead of toxic just cuz stalling alo with toxic is a very common way to kill it and the team needs it to live as long as possible.

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Substitute
- Toxic

Onto Camel, the given spread guarantees it isnt 2hkoed by M scept leaf storm and camel can easily 2hko with fire blast. Def EVs and bold nature allow it to live a CB jolly Dugtrios EQ. Sub is great as camel forces many switches on steel types, grass types etc and toxic is to status enemy alomomoes on the switch or behind a sub.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Sp defensive wall w rocks and toxic for things it cant hurt or to weaken foes for the rest of the team. Its typong comes in handy for tyrantrum resisting almost each others weaknesses as well as camerupts EQ weakness, alom grass one, Lee's psychic, fairy and flying ones etc. Basically a glue pokemon.

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Crunch
- Fire Fang
- Iron Head

Outrage hits like a truck. Fire fang for steel types (hits as hard as EQ almost) and grass types, crunch to 2hko cress and bulkty psychich which personally annoy me to death, and iron head for unsuspecting fairys like granbull who can be 2hkoed after rocks even with the attack drop. Also excellent M burd check as it resist both Heat wave and Hurricane.

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Roost

Priority user to keep in check faster mons like sceptile, scarf lee, or pango, etc. Uturn for momentum and bring rupt on optimal matchups. 96 speed to outspeed the usual 92 speed flechhinders lol.

Hitmonlee (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch

Hazard control, knock off spammer, HJK hits hard to get rid of fast mons like jolt or slower scarf users. Bullet punch is just in case your opponent managed to setp up with Slurpuff and its below 40% hp

Descriptions with the explanation of custom sets and EVs are in the lil pop up window. Basically its a BO/balance team that takes advantage of camerupts bulk and naturally high sp attack to check some annoying threats in RU. The team does well vs specs drafalge thanks to bronzong too and lacks something specifically for gligar but that thing probably will leave the tier so who cares.
Check it out.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
IVs: 0 Atk
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SpD
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Scald
- Refresh

EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 228 HP / 28 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Aqua Tail

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dark Pulse

This team, Burning Volcano, is designed to wear down opposing teams with Mega Camerupt and Eelektross, two bulky and powerful Pokemon with great coverage that can hurt all playstyles. I initially built this team around the potent Camerupt / Alomomola / Escavalier core, which provides an answer to most common threats while staying healthy with Alomomola's Wish. At this point, the team was troubled by Mega Pidgeot, Moltres, and Pangoro. To cure my weakness to strong Flying-types like Mega Pidgeot, I added AV Eelektross, which helps with a Mega Camerupt weakness by luring in and KOing it with Aqua Tail while easily switching in on Earth Power with Levitate. In addition, it also pivots into Mega Camerupt very well, giving it more opportunities to nuke everything. To mitigate my weakness to Mega Sharpedo, especially Substitute variants that set up on Alomomola, I added Togetic. This is a very underrated Pokemon in the current metagame, and also provides my team with necessary cleric support. Finally, my team needed a spinblocker and win condition. The only thing that could combine those so elegantly was CroTomb, which uses its immense physical bulk to wall sweepers while setting up Calm Minds; in addition, it provides a secondary answer to Psychic-types like Meloetta.

While the EVs on Burning Volcano may seem very complex, they all have a purpose. 84 Speed on Camerupt allows it to outspeed 0 EV Slowking, potentially 2HKOing it with Earth Power. 252 Special Attack is used to hit as hard as possible, and the rest is thrown into HP to help it tank the hits it should. The Alomomola spread is just the standard physically defensive spread, with Special Defense investment to help it wall things like Houndoom and Mega Camerupt better. 92 Speed on Escavalier creeps Slowking and things creeping Slowking, haha; rest goes into HP and Attack for obvious reasons. My Eelektross runs 28 Attack to allow Aqua Tail to always OHKO non-Mega Camerupt after Stealth Rock and OHKO Mega Camerupt no matter what. Togetic runs a standard physically defensive spread to wall threats like Hitmonlee, Pangoro, and Mega Sharpedo better. Finally, Spiritomb runs 44 Speed to speed-creep Doublade and Rhyperior.

Thank you, and I hope you all enjoy using the team! ;]

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 136 HP / 120 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost
- Defog
- Heal Bell

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

EVs: 174 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Drill Run

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast

Before the explanation I want to say that my English is not good, so sorry if I cause your eyes to bleed.

Well, the team start with the core MCamerupt-Alomomola which is great. Mega Camerupt sets up Stealth Rock and has a good synergy with Alomomola because it hits Grass-type and Electric-Type pokemon. Alomomola can pass Wishes, burn physical sweepers with Scald or intoxicate walls with Toxic.

Togetic can reliably check pokemon like M-Sharpedo, M-Sceptile, Hitmonlee, Pangoro... and heal the team of annoying burns or poisonings. It makes a good defensive core with Alomomola because one can pass wishes and the other can heal the status effects. Togetic can also defog the rocks and spikes if its necessary.

At this point I realized that I haven't anything for Water-type like Slowking or Jellicent except Toxic in Alomomola and the team lacks of physical attackers, so Virizon comes inside. Revising the viability rank I saw that Cresselia walls all my team and Escavalier AV can counter him and Special Mega-Sceptile too. In adition, Escavalier can hit Fairy-type pokemon like Aromatisse.

At last I wanted a Pokemon that could check Druddigon and fuck all the metagame, so I added Dragalge (?). For outspeed him, i put Dragalge these EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)