Lower Tiers ORAS RU Role Compendium V2

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Apparently slurmz smogon account is under attack of some uncontrollable hype so he asked me to post this:
Slurmz: also add scept to ur compendium post
MrAldoPls: oh right
MrAldoPls: forgot about scept
Slurmz: Absol: Pursuit Trapper, Priority, Offensive Psychic check, Set up Sweeper
Slurmz: Aero: Offensive Rocker, Offennsive fire check
Slurmz: Aggron: Rocker, Wallbreaker (Band), Set up sweeper (RP)
Slurmz: Blastoise: Defensive Spinner, Defensive Fire Check, Phazer
Slurmz: Ampharos: Setup sweeper (Agility), Wallbreaker (specs)
Slurmz: Medicham: Choice Scarf, Wallbreaker, Offensive Pivot
Slurmz: Sharpedo: Offensive Fire check, wall breaker (LO)
Slurmz: you can post that cuz my smog is broken rn
Slurmz: oh and scept
MrAldoPls: yes
Slurmz: set up sweeper (SD, Sub-Petaya)
Slurmz: wallbreaker
Slurmz: scald switch in
MrAldoPls: your smog is broken?
Slurmz: wont let me post
Slurmz: atm

Gonna implement those and Esidisi post, soon

I say if we do add Ampharos(because chances are it isn't going to be really viable), add it under Status Absorbers, Clerics, and Scald Switch ins with Heal Bell, since Heal Bell+3 attacks is like the only worthwhile Amph set since otherwise it is just a worse Eelektross with Focus Blast.

Add Absol under Set-Up sweepers(SD+3 attacks is super strong) and Wallbreakers(Mixed attacking LO is also pretty strong and breaks a lot of walls :o)

Aerodactyl can probably be listed under offensive Fire checks, as it can take at least one Fire STAB move, outspeed the next turn, and then OHKO them with Stone Edge or EQ.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok, finished implemented some things, most are preliminary until the viability of some of the drops (Ampharos) is certified.

Major change: Renamed the choice scarf users section to late-game cleaners (subject to change if a more appropiate term arises)

Absol: Offensive Psychic check, priority, trapper, swords dance, wallbreaker
Aggron: Wallbreaker, boosting sweepers (rock polish)
Aerodactyl: Offensive Stealth Rock, Offensive fire check, Taunt user, Late-Game cleaner
Blastoise: Defensive Spinner, Defensive Fire Check, Phazer, Haze users
Ampharos: Offensive pivot
Medicham: Offensive fighting type check, priority, late-game cleaner, wallbreaker, offensive pivot, boosting sweeper (bulk up)
Sceptile: late-game cleaner, scald switch-in
Sharpedo: Offensive fire check, late-game cleaner

Rest of the recommendations were rather iffy or not convinced of their viability just yet. Thanks a LOT everyone for their input n_n

MrAldo, I think renaming "Late-Game Cleaners/Choice Scarf Users" section to revenge killers would be a good idea, and maybe then subdivide it into Choice Scarf users, fast mons and priority users or something like that

MrAldo

Hey
MrAldo, I think renaming "Late-Game Cleaners/Choice Scarf Users" section to revenge killers would be a good idea, and maybe then subdivide it into Choice Scarf users, fast mons and priority users or something like that
I... actually really like this idea :O priority can have its own section but this suggestion is pretty spot on! Thanks a lot, gonna implement it to see how it looks :D

MrAldo

Hey
Hi, new update

- Implemented Nickoopa recommendation which is looking pretty nice far. Revenge killers divided into choice scarf users and cleaners which are mons that are the 115 speed tier and above which already is classified as really damn fast.
- Added sceptile to offensive water checks.

Cheers n_n

MrAldo

Hey
Hi, update log:

- Implemented the flying resists section. Im amazed how the amount of offensive flying resists doubles, and a bit more, the amount of defensive flying resists :O Sorry, couldnt add Amphy cause it is blacklisted :pirate:
- Added klinklang to the boosting sweepers, Other subdivision
- Archeops to taunt users (lead set, better than aero)

Thanks again for the input n_n, keep them coming cause Im always listening to feedback :D

Also, maybe a section dedicated to Dedicated Leads(e: c wat I did there?) might not sound like a bad idea, although it might be a bit too short. Stuff that could go there is Smeargle, Archeops and Accelgor and I guess other less dedicated stuff with like hazards and suicide moves like Bronzong, Uxie & Mega Glalie.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrAldo

Hey
Poliwrath to water check
Smeargle webs?
trev to fighting check
M-Bane to priority

why is malamar scald switch in?
- Poliwrath struggle to beat most water types by itself but I guess it does beat sd samurott so will be considered
- Not enough mons to make a sticky web section :( (I want at least 5)
- Trev is a pretty bad fighting check, it only really handles virizion while losing to the rest. Not adding.
- Adding

And what slurmz said

Thanks for your input n_n

A bit early, but here's the new drops:

Diancie for Wallbreakers, Fire check, SR, Rock Polish, Flying check, ¿sand setter?
Manetric for offensive pivot, flying check, and scarf I guess
Venusaur for water check, weather abuser, aromatherapy, dunno on other stuff
I think Charizard will be E rank so not posting about it

A bit early, but here's the new drops:

Diancie for Wallbreakers, Fire check, SR, Rock Polish, Flying check, ¿sand setter?
Manetric for offensive pivot, flying check, and scarf I guess
Venusaur for water check, weather abuser, aromatherapy, dunno on other stuff
I think Charizard will be E rank so not posting about it
-Venusaur does not get aromatherapy. It can go under both Sun setter and abuser and as a Scald Switch-in. Can also be considered a Water- and Fighting-type check. (not sure about second one).
-Even if Charizard is E Rank, it still makes for a decently powerful sun abuser thanks to solar power.
-Diance should go under Rock Polish and also Cleric too, since it gets heal bell. Not sure if it'd make a good Status Absorber with resttalk; can't give input for wallbreaker. Regarding Flying and Fire resist, it does that well.
-Manectric can fit under the points you mentioned & I guess you could give it a wallbreaking role since Life Orb pretty muc

MrAldo

Hey
YO YO YO, new drops!

Gonna take my time to put those drops somewhere in the compendium. In the meantime keep discussing their potential roles, I will update this later on.

Would a "Growth" section be worth adding to Boosting Sweepers?

Sorry for double post but it's been 2 days since the last one.

MrAldo

Hey
Not really, at most it could be added in the other division for boosting sweepers even though sun abusers already contemplate that.

Will update it later, for sure.

MrAldo

Hey
Update time:

- Diancie: Added to defensive stealth rock, offensive fire check, defensive fire check, offensive flying resist, defensive flying resist, cleric (heal bell), boosting sweeper (calm mind)

- Manectric: Added to offensive water check, offensive flying resist, offensive pivot and revenge killer (choice scarf)

- Venusaur: Added to offensive water check, defensive water check, wallbreaker, weather abuser (sun) and other boosting sweepers (growth)

- Charizard: Added to wallbreaker, weather abusers (sun) and boosting sweepers (dragon dance).

- Given that normal abomasnow is pretty viable, added normal abomasnow to the same section mega abomasnow was besides mega (obviously) and boosting sweepers (swords dance) cause normal sd abomasnow isnt a thing.

Thanks a lot everyone for their input n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)