Lower Tiers ORAS RU Role Compendium V2

Add Swellow to Cleaners and pivots (U-turn). Diancie can learn Sunny Day but I don't play sun teams so dunno if it's a good sun weather, but If Regirock is a sun setter why not Diancie?

Also, could be ice resist a new role? It's always been a hard type to switch in and Abomasnow presence makes it hard to not run an Ice resist on any team. Just an innocent suggestion :P

[EDIT] RestTalk Escavalier for status absorber?

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
yes its one of the best sun setters (diancie)

uh most team incorporate ice checks or resists without thinking like Lix or Zong (rocks) so probs not

resttalk escava sucks

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Diancie can be added to Offensive Stealth Rock, while it isn't its best set it is an option. Diancie also being added to sun setters and Rock Polish.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Add Swellow to Cleaners and pivots (U-turn). Diancie can learn Sunny Day but I don't play sun teams so dunno if it's a good sun weather, but If Regirock is a sun setter why not Diancie?

Also, could be ice resist a new role? It's always been a hard type to switch in and Abomasnow presence makes it hard to not run an Ice resist on any team. Just an innocent suggestion :P

[EDIT] RestTalk Escavalier for status absorber?
Swellow isnt ranked :pirate: Diancie to sun setters, yes. Gonna replace regirock with that one actually

Iffy on the ice resists section right now

Actually... perhaps, will think about it.

Diancie can be added to Offensive Stealth Rock, while it isn't its best set it is an option. Diancie also being added to sun setters and Rock Polish.
I really dont like offensive stealth rock diancie, not really convinced about its viability. Diancie sun setter yes, and I think rock polish diancie is pretty bad. My opinion could settle once the metagame develops tho.

Victreebel to other boosting sweepers [growth], Venusaur to Swords Dance Boosting Sweepers.
Really hard to fit growth under victreebel moveset when it NEEDS sleep powder and all the attacks it has. Meh, guess adding venusaur to swords dance wouldnt hurt.

Thanks a lot for your input n_n

I still think Poliwrath should be added to Defensive Water Type checks. Handles SD Samurott very well, as well as taking nothing from Sharpedo's attacks. While not using its standard RestTalk set, SubTox 1v1s Jellicent, Blastoise, Quagsire and Alomomola with none of them being capable of breaking the sub (except EQ Quag but it'll still lose) most of the time.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I still think Poliwrath should be added to Defensive Water Type checks. Handles SD Samurott very well, as well as taking nothing from Sharpedo's attacks. While not using its standard RestTalk set, SubTox 1v1s Jellicent, Blastoise, Quagsire and Alomomola with none of them being capable of breaking the sub (except EQ Quag but it'll still lose) most of the time.
This is a pretty interesting set you mention right here. Would you have a sample set or perhaps a replay? Would like to see it in action before making the decision.

Just to be sure, if isnt much to ask.

This is a pretty interesting set you mention right here. Would you have a sample set or perhaps a replay? Would like to see it in action before making the decision.

Just to be sure, if isnt much to ask.

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Atk / 20 SpD / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Waterfall
- Toxic

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-319741703

I'll gather more and better replays when my internet gets better using a much better team (probably one with a fighting resist and once I get out of low ladder on this alt, kek), but you'll get the gist of what SubToxPunch Poliwrath's capable of doing to an opposing fat water and its team regardless.

This is the set I've been experimenting with. Probably not the BEST iteration of this set, nor the best Poliwrath set to use in general, but I'm having fun with it nonetheless.

The EVs are meant to do the following:
  • Survive a +2 LO HP Grass from Houndoom at full health.
  • Enough speed to outpace min speed Blastoise to set up a Sub against it.
  • Have enough strength to OHKO max HP Mega Abomasnow with Focus Punch when Poliwrath is behind a Sub.

MrAldo

Hey
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Hoopa is RU now! Gonna add it to nasty plot and stallbreaker sections shortly. Maybe add a pursuit bait section! (no, this isnt happening)

Should Blastoise be put into "offensive spinners?" I think that this was talked about briefly in the discussion thread before, but it can run Modest and various other coverage moves to be a bit more offensively threatening. (I'm also not suggesting it should be taken out of defensive, just be in both)

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
well, simply put, it isnt really "offensive". sorry if I seemed rude but when you compare blastoise to stuff like hitmonlee, kabutops, etc you really cant classify it as offensive even if you dump SpA into it as it still has substantial bulk and aldo just likes dumping SpA into his bulky waters like seis, etc so the grasses dont get free switch ins as he detestes them. I dont even think offensive blastoise is good lmao might as well use kabuto be honest

well, simply put, it isnt really "offensive". sorry if I seemed rude but when you compare blastoise to stuff like hitmonlee, kabutops, etc you really cant classify it as offensive even if you dump SpA into it as it still has substantial bulk and aldo just likes dumping SpA into his bulky waters like seis, etc so the grasses dont get free switch ins as he detestes them. I dont even think offensive blastoise is good lmao might as well use kabuto be honest
Fair enough.

That's true but if Seismitoad is listed as offensive SR user then maybe Blastoise actually would fit this criteria. Even if other mons succeed at its role in general, Blastoise is still able to work on this way, and it would be actually better than stuff like Skuntank or Swanna.

Btw add Sharp as priority user (offense runs a lot of priority now and Sharp can adapt to it). Still think Diancie should be a Sand setter. Even if the playstyle is shit (I guess), anyone who will try a semi-sand team should consider Diance as an alternative to Uxie.

MrAldo

Hey
Ooo I just remembered, since Tyrantrum never left and we got Aggron, I think a section for rock resist should be added
Edit: If you need a reason teams without rock resists are really bad!
Will work on this section later on. Thanks for the input n_n

MrAldo

Hey
Update log:

-
Sharpedo and mega abomasnow have been removed from their respective sections due to both being banned (YES!)
- Added a rock resist section, classic offensive/defensive division style.
- Added mawile to defensive stealth rock, defensive pivot, defensive rock resist, swords dance and baton pass section. It has been ranked for quite some time and I forgot to add it

Cheers!

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I miss Hitmonlee, Gallade, Hitmontop, Hariyama, Gastrodon and Klinklang as rock resist
Only reason rock resists exist is to check Tyrantrum and Diancie, Defensive Hitmontop and Klinklang only sound like somewhat reliable depending on their and Tyrantrum/ Diancie sets. Don't think Hariyama and Gastrodon are going to take Head Smash easily, due to them being specially defensive usually. Hitmontop and Hariyama also fear Diancie's Moonblast too. On the fence with Gastrodon tbh. No for Hitmonlee since it has shit defensive stats.

Only reason rock resists exist is to check Tyrantrum and Diancie, Defensive Hitmontop and Klinklang only sound like somewhat reliable depending on their and Tyrantrum/ Diancie sets. Don't think Hariyama and Gastrodon are going to take Head Smash easily, due to them being specially defensive usually. Hitmontop and Hariyama also fear Diancie's Moonblast too. On the fence with Gastrodon tbh. No for Hitmonlee since it has shit defensive stats.
Sorry, but I felt that if Medicham is listed as rock resist those ones would fit as rock resist too on this criteria

MrAldo

Hey
Just wanted to revive this and ask if anyone could help me to get what is missing on the broken images besides the mega part? That would be really nice :)

And Durant will get removed later since it got banned.

I'm pretty sure all of the broken images are those 3 megas above, like this:

Mega Pokemon: obviously 3 megas
Stealth Rock: Camerupt for offensive, Steelix & Camerupt for Defensive
Spikes: Glalie
Fire Type Check: Camerupt for both
Wall breaker: Glalie and Camerupt
Priority: Glalie
Curse: Steelix

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)