Lower Tiers ORAS RU Role Compendium V2

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Here are the megas
I'm pretty sure all of the broken images are those 3 megas above, like this:

Mega Pokemon: obviously 3 megas
Stealth Rock: Camerupt for offensive, Steelix & Camerupt for Defensive
Spikes: Glalie
Fire Type Check: Camerupt for both
Wall breaker: Glalie and Camerupt
Priority: Glalie
Curse: Steelix
Thanks a lot to both! Good observation Kableye actually, pretty sure thats the case here as well.

Thanks again, will be updating this and removing durant now!

Edit: Update Log!

- Broken image links have been missed (were all megas as pointed out)
- Removed durant from a lot of sections, as follows: psychic type check, wallbreaker, offensive pivot, choice scarf user, boosting sweepers (baton pass) and boosting sweeper (others).
- Added hoopa to psychic type check (just missing on meloetta but can pressure if it aims to run knock off) and to choice scarf users.

Thanks once more n_n

There should be a section for Walls, with having two minisections in it being Physical, Special and Mixed. Certain sections have Offensive ans Defense minisections, but the Defensive minisections don't say whether they're Physically Defense, Specially Defensive, or Mixed Defensive.

Physical Walls would contain

Special Walls would contain
(Assault Vest)

Mixed Walls would contain

I know that I forgot some.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Blastoise status absorber refresh' / scald switch in
This is done. Thanks for the input n_n

There should be a section for Walls, with having two minisections in it being Physical, Special and Mixed. Certain sections have Offensive ans Defense minisections, but the Defensive minisections don't say whether they're Physically Defense, Specially Defensive, or Mixed Defensive.
I find the term wall extremely generic and glaringly unspecific that Im not even sure this should be implemented, at least not with that term. Many of the physical and special "Walls" already have problem supposedly walling the threats respectively hence why the role compendium is divided in an offensive/defensive checks way pointing out what beats what. Thanks for your input tho, it is greatly appreciated. Will think of a practical way of implement this if there is enough demand for it I suppose.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Can be added to Fighting-type checks

I would remove this from Swords Dance sweepers since it should never be sweeping a team anyways (unless they are like Mono Dark w/o Houndoom)

lol, remove from BP

Maybe add Tauros to pursuit users

ok so preliminary honchkrow role assigning and whatnot so:

Wallbreaker, Priority, could go on Psychic check if you'd really want to warrant Pursuit as a viable option, maybe boosthing Sweepr (others) considering Moxie.

Also idt Charizard should be there at all (if you wanna keep it, might as well just stick to SD sweeper imo)

Adding onto above, don't forget Trappers, and I would also add it to cleaners since it can clean up teams with Moxie+Sucker Punch.

MrAldo

Hey

Can be added to Fighting-type checks

I would remove this from Swords Dance sweepers since it should never be sweeping a team anyways (unless they are like Mono Dark w/o Houndoom)

lol, remove from BP

Maybe add Tauros to pursuit users
- Added hoopa to fighting checks, only really checks medicham too well but still a fighting check.
- Mawile isnt there to sweep with swords dance but to support other teammates by baton passing them. Not worth adding another section to mention the differences if mawile is the only capable of that role :V
- Huntail stays, coil pass is still a decent enough niche imo.
- Not convinced of the viability of pursuit tauros :V Not adding for now.

ok so preliminary honchkrow role assigning and whatnot so:

Wallbreaker, Priority, could go on Psychic check if you'd really want to warrant Pursuit as a viable option, maybe boosthing Sweepr (others) considering Moxie.

Also idt Charizard should be there at all (if you wanna keep it, might as well just stick to SD sweeper imo)
Adding onto above, don't forget Trappers, and I would also add it to cleaners since it can clean up teams with Moxie+Sucker Punch.
Added honchkrow to these sections except for the cleaner part, not sure if it qualifies for the definition I have since stuff like SD absol could also be considered a cleaner. It is conditioned by its priority. Muddy waters, will think about this a bit more.

Fine with removing charizard completely. Done

Thanks a lot for the input n_n

Reactions: rau

Senpai D.M

さようなら
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I dont agree with fighting check at tbh it's shaky to bring in considering all fighting types will just be clicking knock off and when it does check fighting types it's just pursuit bait Idk xp

Edit below shaky asf lol

Last edited:
Trevenant is extremely slow, whereas hoopa can utilize a scarf set to check every fighting type (if they are scarf, they could get locked into non-knock and thus get revenged by hoopa), and the argument about pursuit is really useless here as hoopa still functions as a fighting check and its not guaranteed to get pursuit trapped. Is hoopa an amazing fighting check? no. Should teams carry a fighting check other than hoopa? Yes. Regardless, hoopa is still a fighting check and should be listed so.

MrAldo

Hey
I forgot to do this but since honchkrow was really short lived ( :( ) it has been removed from the respective sections.

Amoonguss and quagsire have also been removed since they moved to OU.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Add magneton to trappers lol

e: also add mag to offensive water type checks
e2: weezing to defensive fighting checks
e3 (pun intended): specs mag is a wallbreaker
e4: add tomb to restalk absorbers and cm users

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
Add magneton to trappers lol

e: also add mag to offensive water type checks
e2: weezing to defensive fighting checks
e3 (pun intended): specs mag is a wallbreaker
e4: add tomb to restalk absorbers and cm users
- Ok, I will add to trappers
- Mag is in offensive water type checks
- Weezing is on defensive fighting checks
- Mag is still on the wallbreaker section
- I really dont like rest talk tomb :( the status absorber section is filled with borderline cases so I dont know what to do here since I wont really add every rest talk mon here. Gonna add spiritomb to calm mind, yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)