Resource ORAS RU Role Compendium

Status
Not open for further replies.

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
I think jolteon and durant can be listed in baton pass, the main reason to run jolteon over heliolisk is it's sub bass set, and scarf 3 attacks durant with baton pass is pretty cool too

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Add Samurott to boosting sweepers in the Swords Dance section, priority, and Fire-type checks, basically pretty much everywhere where Torrent Feraligatr was before Sheer Force was released and it got quickbanned, Samurott's by far the closest thing we've got.

I'd consider adding Drapion to trappers considering it's just as good of a Pursuit trapper as everything else mentioned there imo.

Durant should probably be added to wallbreakers imo. Choice Band Durant hits extremely hard and honestly has more than enough power to punch through things even without acquiring a Hone Claws boost beforehand, (for the record, Jolly CB Durant's Iron Head hits about as hard as Adamant Mega Glalie's Double Edge, that's more than enough imo ). Combine that level of power with a blisteringly fast Speed tier and you have quite the excellent holepuncher on your hands, certainly worthy of a spot in the wallbreakers section, at least imo.

I'm not exactly sure why Delphox is listed in the stallbreakers/taunt users section while Houndoom isn't. I'd personally say Nasty Plot Houndoom is just as good as if not better than Calm Mind Delphox at breaking down slower, bulkier teams after a boost. I'd either have both in the stallbreakers section or neither there, i'd like some more input on this.

Adding Torterra to Stealth Rock setters couldn't hurt in my opinion, it's pretty hard to go wrong with an all around bulky, hard hitting Stealth Rock setter that has access to reliable recovery imo, and i've definitely seen it used effectively in the past. I actually suggested this before but fsr it seems like it got ignored.

Druddigon should probably be added to the defensive section of both Stealth Rock setters and Fire-type checks as well. Defensive Druddigon can get Stealth Rock up pretty reliably from my experience both using and playing against it, and it has quite a bit of use outside of that thanks to its ability to reliably spread Paralysis and check a fair amount of special threats, including both Delphox and Houndoom. (note: Offensive Stealth Rock Druddigon is OHKOed by Houndoom's +2 Dark Pulse after SR, Specially Defensive Druddigon isn't). I'm actually kind of surprised it's not there already considering SpD Drudd is currently an onsite set lol.

I also agree with adding Garbodor to the Spikes/Toxic Spikes sections and both Jolteon and Durant to the Baton Pass section for that matter :].

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
is this still alive ?
if so i think you can add samurott to calm mind checks, its a great check to calm mind cresselia and reuniclus

I think he meant Togetic, which I agree it should be there, it might not handle all (252 Atk Choice Band Reckless Emboar Wild Charge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Togetic: 182-216 (58.1 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO rip) but it at least handles Lee.

Remove Rhyperior from Swords Dance Sweepers, and add it to Wallbreakers (Choice Band Rhyperior is a very powerful wallbreaker)

Edit: Also, add Braviary to Choice Scarf users

Double Dance Rhyperior is still viable in the tier, and SD+3 Attacks can destroy defensive teams. But putting Rhyperior in Wallbreakers sounds good.

Edit: oh 500th post, sweet.
i'd like to thank jesus and my mom for this accomplishment.

Last edited:
Remove Rhyperior from Swords Dance Sweepers, and add it to Wallbreakers (Choice Band Rhyperior is a very powerful wallbreaker)

Edit: Also, add Braviary to Choice Scarf users
SD rhyperior is meant to wallbreak vs slower teams. Also add sneasel to psychic type checks offensive and maybe mention a checks section for dugtrio.

I think this should be all of the changes from tier shifts

Mega Pokemon: - Abomasnow

Defense Fire-type checks: - Slowking

Offensive Psychic-type checks: + Scrafty - Doublade (imo - Zweilous because it's really bad)
Defensive Psychic-type checks: - Doublade

Offensive Fighting-type checks: + Noivern + Braviary (should have been here before) - Slowking - Whimsicott - Slurpuff - Doublade
Defensive Fighting-type checks: - Cresselia - Slowking - Whimsicott

Wallbreakers: - Abomasnow

Stallbreakers: - Cresselia + Noivern (taunt + roost set seems good)

Offensive Pivots: - Slowking - Whimsicott - Heliolisk
Defensive Pivots: - Slowking - Whimsicott - Cresselia

Priority: - Abomasnow - Doublade - Whimsicott

Clerics: - Cresselia

SD Boosting Sweepers: - Doublade - Abomasnow
BU Boosting Sweepers: + Scrafty
CM Boosting Sweepers: - Cresselia - Slowking
DD Boosting Sweepers: + Scrafty

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sneasel under priority and trapper section. This little guy is pretty cool sitting in a fantastic speed tier and being able to revenge kill dragons and can trap weakened psychic types rather well.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sneasel under priority and trapper section. This little guy is pretty cool sitting in a fantastic speed tier and being able to revenge kill dragons and can trap weakened psychic types rather well.
I'll put it in priority, but I'm under the impression that Pursuit is really difficult to fit onto its moveset with Knock / Shard / Low Kick / Icicle Crash being the bread and butter necessities.

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Iffy on those, haven't heard that much great about Bulk Up Scrafty and Defog seems much better on defensive Flygon.
If RP aurorus can be included, bu scrafty should be as well lol. It really isn't as bad as a couple of people make it out to be, even if it isn't as good as dd.

Also defog on offensive flygon is very good as well as being common.

Uxie to defensive psychic type checks. also probably remove granbull from offensive
Emboar is definitely an offensive fire type checks since it checks houndoom and delphox well with Choice Scarf

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I think Flygon should be added to choice scarfers though it might be weaker then it's other sets it does get the jump on stuff like Joltean Noivern or Durant that outspend it normally

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think Flygon should be added to choice scarfers though it might be weaker then it's other sets it does get the jump on stuff like Joltean Noivern or Durant that outspend it normally
Agreeing with this. Not only does it get the jump on these threats, (and Cobalion too!) but it also has a guaranteed Defog (or Tailwind if you don't need the hazard control!) when it has removed faster threats which gives it a niche over its other sets imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)