Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread (FAQ in first post, read before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol its not a dumb question but for the first question, I'll make a complete list for you and link it for you from pastebin on your profile. From researching, they only show unobtainable pokemon. n_n

As for your second question, the DexNav yes, after you seen and catch a pokemon, it'll appear on your DexNav specifically for that route. The pokemon sprites are placed on an image unique to that particular area. Also, a crown will appear which would be Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. The crowns indicate that you followed the methods in obtaining the pokemon like surfing, walking, fish and those that are exclusive to the DexNav. The more obtainable pokemon you caught in that route the better the crown.

I hope this is useful.
The pastebin idea would be great, thanks! I know that about seeing and catching Pokemon in certain routes, but does that also mean that all Pokemon that can be caught in OR and AS can be caught with their Hidden Ability?

Edit: Thank you to my lovely cant say, that is indeed all I wanted to know.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes! But they're hidden pokemon and they appear occasionally while the player is walking and suddenly, a pokemon makes a cry and moves around in a grass patch. When Brendan or May taught you about it from the start of the journey. I ended receiving a Poochyena with Thunder Fang. If the Pokémon has a special move, hidden ability, high level, or high potential, an exclamation mark will appear next to that datum on the view from your DexNav.
I think rufusdrumknott understands how the DexNav works, she's asking if all Pokemon which are found using it can have their Hidden Ability, to which I would say yes...

Question I just got my omega ruby game and i never played gen 3 before who are all the gym leaders and elite 4?
Roxanne (rock), Brawly(fighting), Wattson(electric), Flannery(fire), Norman(normal), Winona(flying), Tate & Liza(psychic), and Wallace(water).

Elite 4: Sidney(dark), Phoebe(ghost), Glacia(ice), and Drake(dragon).

The champion is Steven(steel & rock).

And the more you encounter the Pokemon, the more % there is to have high IV / lvls / egg move / HA abilities (at the same time) ?

( top left to right ) Roxanne, Brawly, Wattson, Flannery,
( bottom left to right ) Norman, Winona, Tate & Liza, Wallace ( gym leaders )

( top left to right )Sidney, Phoebe,
( bottom left to right ) Glacia, and Drake ( elite 4 )
hey thanks Lucina09 :D
I love their themes too!!!!!!!
Roxanne (rock), Brawly(fighting), Wattson(electric), Flannery(fire), Norman(normal), Winona(flying), Tate & Liza(psychic), and Wallace(water).

Elite 4: Sidney(dark), Phoebe(ghost), Glacia(ice), and Drake(dragon).

The champion is Steven(steel & rock).
thanks DarthMagikarp85 i just needed the the gym leaders and elite 4 names i'd find the types when i get there but thank you very much :)

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
And the more you encounter the Pokemon, the more % there is to have high IV / lvls / egg move / HA abilities (at the same time) ?
Too a degree... I don't think there has been much research into how the DexNav works in this way. I know having a higher Search Level increases the chance of you finding the mon in question. The more you encounter, obviously the more chance you have to get what you want. I found a HA Shroomish within about 15 encounters, but I have heard of people with 50+ who haven't encountered HA.

I believe the Stars function similarly, just giving you more information about the mon in question. In theory, because the search gets better, you encounter more, so therefore by proxy you end up with a higher chance of finding something good.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Are there any major battles in which the opponent can't touch Shedinja?
Every gym leader / elite 4 member can hit Shedinja for super effective damage except Wallace who can kill it with confusion hax from Sweet Kiss, and Glacia who can set up Hail to kill it. Shedinja can also be killed in every battle against May/Brendan, Wally, Team Aqua / Magma and Zinnia. tl;dr: no, there are no major trainer in which the opponent has no way of killing Shedinja.

If you count legendary Pokemon, Shedinja can sit in front of Kyogre and Deoxys all day (sans Struggle damage) as well as Rayquaza if you teach it Protect to block Fly

I used Shedinja in my playthrough and it ate up regular trainers, but the only major battle I used it in was against Wattson as a Nincada (Mud Slap sweep)

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I heard someone say that Dexnav Pokemon have the same Shiny rate ad Friend Safari, but it may have been just a theory. I found a Shiny Relicanth without the Shiny Charm on Tuesday and a Shiny Eevee (Ironically, it's egg move is Covet :P) with the Shiny Charm today. Basically, what I'm asking is am I stupidly lucky or just extremely lucky. Also, should I make a jank team of my Shinies? :P

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I heard someone say that Dexnav Pokemon have the same Shiny rate ad Friend Safari, but it may have been just a theory. I found a Shiny Relicanth without the Shiny Charm on Tuesday and a Shiny Eevee (Ironically, it's egg move is Covet :P) with the Shiny Charm today. Basically, what I'm asking is am I stupidly lucky or just extremely lucky. Also, should I make a jank team of my Shinies? :P
both, I found a bunch of shinies in the FS without the shiny charm. The current leading theory is that the shiny rate for dexnav encounters is static per encounter regardless of search level and whatnot and around the 1/512 it was in the XY friend safari so finding those both is no surprise.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
both, I found a bunch of shinies in the FS without the shiny charm. The current leading theory is that the shiny rate for dexnav encounters is static per encounter regardless of search level and whatnot and around the 1/512 it was in the XY friend safari so finding those both is no surprise.
I'm somewhere between "bummer :(" and "Who cares! Shiny Eevee! I'm evolving it into Umbreon :D" Mostly the latter.

Can I just use the Acro Bike and try to go up mud slides, and it counts as steps?

Also, either Mach bike starts off at top speed, or mud slides just require Mach bike. Cause, I went to a full stop right in front of a mud slide, went on mach bike, and was able to get to the top.

The Acro Bike and Mach Bike both work differently. The Mach Bike is used to go over mudslides because of its speed. As for the Acro Bike, it acts more of a trick bike allowing you to jump from one platform to another ( the thin white platforms like this in the picture ).

Mainly for finding secret spots and secret bases also items.
Okay, thanks!
But that was not what I was looking for. I was asking if going up mudslides and sliding back down because you coudnt get to the top.

I mean, you have to continue at full speed otherwise you'll slide back down the mudslide when you come to a stop on it halfway on the mudslide if that's where you're getting at with the Mach Bike.
Youre still off, I think I was not clear enough. When you stop midway on the mudslide, and slide back down, does that count as step(s)?

What is the strongest move that Talonflame/Volcarona can learn that can OHKO 3 Blisseys in a Triple Battle? Is it Specs Volcarona Heat Wave?

(Basically need an flying egg hatcher+Blissey secret base killer all-in-one)

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
What is the strongest move that Talonflame/Volcarona can learn that can OHKO 3 Blisseys in a Triple Battle? Is it Incinerate?

(Basically need an flying egg hatcher+Blissey secret base killer all-in-one)
Heat Wave. But Blissey's spcl def is HUGE. I doubt you'll be OHKO'ing them even with Lv 100++ Heat Wave.

252 SpA Volcarona Heat Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Blissey: 138-163 (22.2 - 26.2%)

It's not gonna happen.

Talonflame: Brave Bird and Flare Blitz

Agreeing with DHR-107 Blissey is a Special Wall and walls Volcarona it'll take longer for you faint it.
Wouldn't 3 Heat Waves be more time efficient than 3 seperate Brave Bird since the Blisseys will have Toxic Orb and you want them to die at the same time so you get all the experience in one big package?

Not really due to the fact Talonflame is a physical attacker more than Special Attacker. Just like with Volcarona, it'll take longer ( more than 3 Hits )

252+ SpA Choice Specs Talonflame Heat Wave vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 112-133 (17.1 - 20.3%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery ( modest Talonflame )

Blissey is a terrible wall against physical attackers. So it'll be much easier. Also you have roost only if you run it.

252+ Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 285-336 (43.7 - 51.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery ( physical Talonflame )
I'm talking about the Blissey in the Secret Bases with Toxic Orb and Healing Wish. I just want to level up my Pokemon the quickest way and not sure whether to spam Heat Wave so they all die in one go, or kill each Blissey individually with Flare Blitz.

Well if you want to spam Heat Wave then you should ought to take the more safer route then. I would just test both attacks in-game against the Secret Base Blissey and make sure which attack is best for you. For Volcarona, you can just Quiver Dance continuously and just Heat Wave them. They're not EV trained so you should breeze through this faster which I forgot. Also, I'm not sure if you did already but you can give each of your pokemon a lucky egg and use the O-Power to assist in speeding up the process of leveling up.
Yep thanks for the tip. I've been using Razor Leaf Tropius to OHKO all 3 but just hoping Talonflame/Volcarona is all I will be needing for ingame stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)