ORAS Team Tournament - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion

Approved by the TDs

Banner by AzureEdge

XY Team Tournament: Won by STARMIE ALAKAZAM THE LITTLE CINCILLA POKEMON EVOLUTION WITH THE DREAMWORLD ABILITY http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-team-tournament-round-1.3520061/

Welcome all to the ORAS Team Tournament! This tournament will only be played using official ORAS tiers (OU, UU, RU, NU, LC, Ubers and Doubles). 2 spots for OU on a team 1 spot for the rest. In round 1, the 16 teams will be split into groups of 4 where each player will play opponents of the 3 teams in their pool who are in the same tier. Round 2 – Finals will be team vs. team.

· Sleep Clause ON

· Item Clause OFF

· OHKO Clause ON

· Timer Clause ON

· Moody Clause ON

· Evasion Clause ON

· Species Clause ON

· Endless Battle Clause ON

· Uber Clause ON (except for Ubers matches)

-Apparently there is a HypnoGrav clause in Doubles too lol

-If one user showed more activity through VM scheduling or through activity posts they will be awarded with an activity win that will have the same levity as a normal win.

-If both users were inactive or if both attempted to schedule but neither showed more activity than the other the match will be coinflipped or possibly declared moot if neither players made an effort to play slightly in later rounds.

-In the FIRST ROUND ONLY substitutes may sign up if they missed signups or did not manage to get picked. They will be used if a player is inactive and a captain requests that player to be subbed out. In future rounds, you can only sub in a player in between rounds or when the match for that respective tier has been played.

-Once a player has been subbed out he will not be able to sub back into his team or any others at any point of the tournament.

-I will stress this here, in round 1 you will have to play 3 games in a span of 3 weeks, if you don’t finish your games it will have a big effect on your team’s score so please make sure you will be able to finish your games before signing up.

-Players may be subbed out at any time during round 1.

-Substitutes may sign up if they missed signups or did not manage to get picked. They will be used if a player is inactive and a captain requests that player to be subbed out. In future rounds, you can only sub in a player in between rounds or when the match for that respective tier has been played.

-Once a player has been subbed out he will not be able to sub back into his team or any others at any point of the tournament.

-As mentioned above, you can sub in players in between rounds or after the game for that respective tier has been played after round 1. You may still sub players out at any point during round 1. As a bonus, you may sub anyone in that isn’t already or wasn’t previously on a team OR you may choose one from the sub-list.

-The playoffs seeding will be determined by points this year. The top 2 teams from each pool will still move forward but rather than the 2 playing each other in round 2, it will go by points (i.e. the team that led in points will play the team that had the least but still made the playoffs). This is so you don’t play the same guys two rounds in a row which was the biggest complaint last year.

Matchups:

Group 1: LOS TUPAMAROS | Ox plays tennis lol | allez les grenouilles | IN THE PANCHINE

Group 2: Cloud 9 | Lega Pinguini | Starmei's Team| Gucci's Clinic

Group 3: Meme Juniors | TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT 2K16 | monotype's very own | BANANA TRAIN PEE WEE PEE WEE

Group 4: Wak Kunts | random ppl | Spurs | Shit UUsers

Group 5: We hate Vileman :) | Hellraisers | IDM | The Alienation Squad + The Weeb

Group 6: I LOVED NOVED | A Team of Pokemon Players | jajaja tus muertos | die führer

Group 7: [sky] | Mugiwara no Ichimi ♥ | the top 1 squad | The Soaring Staraptors

Group 8: col ate a burrito | PAI BRAZ | The Phantom Troupe | Top Flight Security

Top 2 teams from each group make it through to the next round

LET ME KNOW IF I MADE ANY ERRORS HERE

DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 9TH NO EXTENSIONS

Scores and standings here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z6b-5zNL-Lv6qaq_wo-dVvXX3S1c4cmwK5UoViIpZiI/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Wait so do you battle anyone in the category for your tier out of all 4 teams or do you battle the person placed besides you?

Genesis7 are you hosting this lol? And we're going to come back in finals to finish the jirachis hopefully without any fireblast misses zzz

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
<atomicllamas> tsunami we are same group
<atomicllamas> for oras team tournament
<Tsunami> lol
<Tsunami> there it is
<atomicllamas> when do you want to lose
<atomicllamas> :)?
<atomicllamas> johned -_-
<Tsunami> i dont have a team
<Tsunami> lemme c.
<atomicllamas> -_-

activity post

also contacted erryone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)