Research ORAS TM Location Guide [COMPLETE except for Mirage Spot TMs]

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I noticed that there's no description for Psychic, and since it took me a while to find it, I thought it'd be good to add.

TM Number: 29
Move Name: Psychic
General Location: Ever Grande City
Specific Location: In the Victory Road, Surf down from where the Ace Duo is (in the dark floor). As you exit the cave, Surf East (the only possible path).
I already got it.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I was completing the information to be put in the first post, since there is no "Specific Location" info.
What Karxrida is saying is that he's posted that description on the previous page and I haven't added it to the OP yet. I liked the info you provided though so thanks for posting :)

Just a tiny detail:

TM Number: 83
Move Name: Infestation
General Location: Sootopolis City
Specific Location: Gift from the nerd in the Pokemart when you respond to his question with "Lisia".

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
TM Number: 29
Move Name: Psychic
General Location: Ever Grande City/Victory Road
Specific Location: Follow the correct path through Victory Road (Follow the Flaming Torches) until you reach a double match with a Cradily/Armaldo combo (Two Ace Trainers). The surf water here should be in a 'T' Shape. Head south and outside to Ever Grande City and follow the water to a small patch of grass where Psychic is sitting. If you pass an Expert you have gone too far.

TM Number: 35
Move Name: Flamethrower
General Location: Victory Road
Specific Location: Head into Victory Road and follow the correct path marked by flame torches until you reach the 'T' shaped piece of Surf water near two Ace trainers. Head west and then north past the Expert and up the stairs. To the Right there will be 2 strength boulders. Push the lower one across and the other up and then across, and the TM will be behind it.

TM Number: 81
Move Name: X-Scissor
General Location: Victory Road
Specific Location: Follow the path (The flame torches) until you reach an open area with wooden bridges. After the second bridge there will be a surfable section of water with a water fall. Surf up there and the TM is at the top.

EDIT:

TM Number: 22
Move Name: Solar Beam
General Location: Safari Zone
Specific Location: Requires Surf and the Mach Bike. From the entrance, go left and up the first slope you see, then get as far north as you can (there should be a pool of water). Surf across this pool of water, and then at the next pool surf downwards to the right and it will be on the land. If you hit another Mach Bike ramp you've gone too far (but should now be able to see the TM).

Last edited:

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm about 70% sure about this, but Sludge Bomb isn't available until after you defeat Norman and available in the one hut that hypes about "Potion Festivals" (ICBATR).

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm about 70% sure about this, but Sludge Bomb isn't available until after you defeat Norman and available in the one hut that hypes about "Potion Festivals" (ICBATR).
I got it after Norman too but I've heard from multiple sources that it's as soon as you beat Brawly, I'm about to playthrough AS soon so I will re-check. I already stated it was in Dewford hall though, is it fine to leave it as that or should I be more specific?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I got it after Norman too but I've heard from multiple sources that it's as soon as you beat Brawly, I'm about to playthrough AS soon so I will re-check. I already stated it was in Dewford hall though, is it fine to leave it as that or should I be more specific?
I just beat Brawly in my AS game and couldn't find it. That's why I asked Colonel_M to post. I'll check again after I deliver the letter to Steven to see if its there or not.

I just beat Brawly in my AS game and couldn't find it. That's why I asked Colonel_M to post. I'll check again after I deliver the letter to Steven to see if its there or not.
I checked it by accident just shortly before fighting Norman and the guy didn´t appear. So it definitely is a post-Norman TM.

hope it is ok to double post for a different topic
TM Number: 96
Move Name: Nature Power
General Location: Fiery Path
Specific Location: Gift from Aarune after he gives you Secret Power on Route 111
Gift from Aarune after defeating Team Magma/Aqua at Mt. Chimney.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Thanks for the info hard! I've been meaning to double check those TMs on my next playthrough but I haven't been able to reset my game yet due to my own Soft Resetting endeavours. If you find anything else please post them! :)

can't say do you still want to add the Mirage Spot TM descriptions?
I found all those that I could access very easily because the areas are usually very small, but the descriptions are longer than necessary sometimes.
serebii has every necessary tool to get the TMs right so far (like Bikes or HM use) I think your work will be done perfectly if you just copy paste that information.
Nevertheless I just got the Cave north of Fallarbor, so Snarl time :)

TM Number: 95
Move Name: Snarl
General Location: Mirage Cave 8
Specific Location: Enter the Cave and jump down the Acro Bike spots to the left, leave the cave to the south and follow the outer path to the next entry. Back into the Cave you can access the TM on top of a Mach bike slope.

It´s on Route 114.

Edit:
I can confirm serebiis TM list regarding Substitute.

TM Number: 90
Move Name: Substitute
General Location: Mirage Island 5
Specific Location: Behind a smashable rock on top of the volcano.

Last edited:
got the Mirage Mountain area north of Lilycove so may as well post it

TM Number: 84
Move Name: Poison Jab
General Location: Mirage Mountain 2
Specific Location: Requires Acro Bike. From the landing spot use your Bike and drive to the right across a jumping course then head to the south and you will see the TM icon in front of you.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
got the Mirage Mountain area north of Lilycove so may as well post it

TM Number: 84
Move Name: Poison Jab
General Location: Mirage Mountain 2
Specific Location: Requires Acro Bike. From the landing spot use your Bike and drive to the right across a jumping course then head to the south and you will see the TM icon in front of you.
Oh man... How bad would it be if you got to this island and didn't have the Acro Bike D:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
I'm midway through my latest Sapphire run and have been taking screenshots / videos (to turn into .gifs) of the TMs to post alongside their entries in the OP. The reason I'm posting now is because I've managed to pick up a couple of them and not taken a screenshot and saved afterwards (reason below). Luckily the ones I've missed are ones you get as gifts / obtained forcibly from NPCs so they don't even need pictures because their descriptions alone should be enough, meaning I can just post images for the ones in tricky places. My question is would this look messy? Having some TMs with hide tags for the images and some without? I don't think it would but I'm just saying that if I do go ahead then that's the reason that a few would be missing...

I restarted my save and decided that I really wanted to play in the Battle of Hoenn competition on Battle Spot, which meant that I had to speed run up to the Latias encounter to get the Mega Bracelet so I could use Mega Evolutions in the comp (I was only at Dewford when I decided to play with <24 hours left in the comp. And yes, you can't mega evolve on Wi-Fi if you don't have the Mega Bracelet in-game, I tried and lost my first battle with a Blaziken that was stuck in normal forme, which prompted the speed run, lol). I was going to SR the Latias too if I didn't have to take the first one I got, without a sync I got a Calm one with 31/31/30/28/18/31 haha).

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
I've added in just a few images so far to test out how it's all working. Double Team is the first / only .gif I've added so far so I was hoping to see if people like them. They take ages to do (upload the video to an online gif converter and then to imgur where I have to rotate most of them because my iPhone was apparently upside down when I filmed them, both takes ages to upload) but I think they're pretty cool so I will keep doing them in the background. Will take ages to get everything up but once it's done I think this will be a pretty cewl guide

can't say you are my hero!

Got Payback last week btw, but couldn´t post.
Serebii has a nice picture for this in the respective pokearth page in case you have a tough time to get it.

TM Number: 66
Move Name: Payback
General Location: Mirage Island, south of Route 134
Specific Location: Requires Mach Bike and Rock Smash. From the landing spot drive to the right and smash the Rock in front of the Mach bike slope to find the TM above the next slope.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
I've taken the .gifs out of the OP since they were making the thread completely impossible to view (at least for me, that might just be my crappy Australian internet connection though). I was thinking of just keeping the ones that were needed but I didn't even have that many in there anyway. I might just leave a direct link to the tricky ones so people can click on them and view them if they need..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)