ORAS Ubers Analysis Index (See Post #394)

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The only Hoopa set I've had any sort of success with is Nasty Plot, it is good vs stall but useless against anything faster paced and contributes basically zero defensively (unlike something like a MGar, Rayquaza, etc.). If it learned Sucker Punch or had higher Speed it might have been useful, but all Hoopa really does is beat stall and there are other things that can do that. I don't really think it's analysis worthy.

I think Theorymon tried Scarf at one point, it's ok at revenge killing some fast stuff and it can make use of Trick/DBond but is still greatly hindered by its lack of defensive utility.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
I can take Cress if the only set that needs to be added is TR Support, anything outside of that I'm clueless... also have to wait for icbb to be removed

New QC announcement - Minority Suspect has been added to the team! We needed less johns around here.

The 3 analyses that were earlier in the title have all been reserved (that Gyarados steal seems to have been resolved...) but there are a couple more mons that I'm gonna look into for possible revamps. Stay tuned!

Lord Outrage reminder that u reserved this set, but its been way over 48 hours... until i see a skeleton its free game to anyone that wants it

in other news, the rise of Choice Specs Xerneas in UPL recently seems to warrant a set addition in its analysis, and after going over it with dice and Fireburn we decided its approved. experience with the set is a must have to ensure its reasons for use are accurately described.

no other restrictions on its reservation, so go nuts.

I had to wait for cresselia to be done before starting. Skeleton will be up today.

badgeholders can have 2 analyses at a time as an fyi - Nayrz

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Specs Xerneas ended my run in Ubers Open so I feel obligated to do it myself.

(dw Palkia will be done by saturday at latest)

Maybe hydreigon deserves an analysis.

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Roost

Hydreigon is a decent pokemon to use it can be used a a check to pdon, lugia, defensive yveltal and aegislash.

but what does it do that defensive yveltal doesnt? yveltal is bulkier, has better stats, dark aura so its attacks do relevant dmg, has foul play / sucker punch, isnt part dragon. i have no idea what hydreigon possibly does that makes it worth using over yveltal. defensive yveltal isnt exactly a meta defining set either...

?_?

Fireburn

BARN ALL
Flygon also has a Rock resist and Defog, which makes it better at checking Groudon and gives it more utility than Hydreigon could hope to achieve. Hydreigon also cannot check Extremekiller which defensive Yveltal can do.

Either way it's not getting approved for an analysis, sorry. :(

Thoughts on AV Amoongus for an analysis?
1) it has Foul Play for Mega Gengar.
2) It totally counters ORAS Xerneas and Kyogre.
3) It also can Clear Smog on stuff like Darkrai and even Ekiller or any other mon which makes it not set up bait.
4) Walls many Arceus formes like Waterceus, Rockceus and Lugia.
5) Can Toxic stuff on the switch like Latis and Ho-oh with Sludge Bomb.
Some calcs:
4 SpA Amoonguss Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 104 HP / 96 SpD Primal Groudon: 111-132 (30.2 - 35.9%) -- 40.2% chance to 3HKO
0- Atk Amoonguss Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 132-156 (50.3 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Amoonguss: 99-117 (22.9 - 27%) -- 38.5% chance to 4HKO
+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Amoonguss: 126-149 (29.2 - 34.5%) -- 7% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Giratina-O Hex (130 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Amoonguss: 123-145 (28.5 - 33.6%) -- 0.5% chance to 3HKO

Last edited:
I oppose, it just sits there and does nothing to contribute to its team in terms of cleric support, Wish passing, etc and is horribly vulnerable to passive damage from burns. You also give Ho-Oh free switches, Foul Play isn't doing much when it isn't backed by STAB. Also Sludge Bomb induces regular poison, not Toxic poison, and stall teams greatly prefer the latter effect...especially vs. CM Arceus formes. EKiller smashes it with Extreme Speed after SR so idc if it can Clear Smog on that.

Also who cares if it can "wall" Waterceus and Lugia lol

If it could contribute anything to a team besides walling two Pokemon that, while dangerous, have plenty of viable checks in the metagame, then maybe I would be willing to approve this. Sadly, it has none of the supportive traits you'd look for in a Pokemon on stall teams, and it kills momentum on any other playstyle.

2.2k shoutouts:

Raseri (requested)
Fireburn (shamelessly edited himself in)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)