ORAS Ubers Analysis Index (See Post #394)

as far as im aware everything is actually done (or in progress of being done). revamps are still open however, if you see a current on-site analysis that could do with some work or doesnt work as well in todays meta, or needs a new set, post about it in the analysis discussion thread and qc can approve revamps.

I would like to reserve Hippowdon since you niggaz are johning my smeargle analysis(fu all).
It's not outclassed by Ttar at all since both have different roles. In fact, it checks Ekiller greatly which Ttar doesn't and it's not a free switch to Primal Groudon unlike Tyranitar as show by this calc:
4 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 158-188 (39.2 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Also on some sands from what I noticed by building a lot that ekiller checks overall with other physical threats checks that's why i used hippo in multiple occasions.

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright, to the best of my knowledge, all Pokemon initially determined to be viable in ORAS Ubers now have an analysis. Sweet.

This thread will now be used for revamps, when needed. You can still reserve Pokemon that do not have an analysis yet if you post here making case for its viability. You must do this AND get the OK from a QC member if you are reserving a previously rejected Pokemon.

I will update the OP shortly with a list of every Pokemon that currently has an Ubers analysis.

Alright so Fireburn and i looked at the current on-site analyses and decided that these mons need a revamp or set addition:

Aegislash small update - (Shadow Ball slash + writeup on dealing with Mega Lucario)
Kyogre (Scarf set removed, needs a physical set written up)
Primal Groudon (needs a Paradancer set done) (Badgeholders / Trusted writers only)
Rayquaza (Full revamp, looking for experienced writers on this one)

As a side note, if anyone sees an on-site analysis and thinks it needs some changes don't be afraid to post.

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm quite busy next week but if no one has claimed either of the last two by next weekend I'll pick one of them up.

the earlier paradancer reservation can be considered dropped due to no skeleton, that means:

Aegislash (Shadow Ball - writeup on dealing with Mega Lucario) is still up for grabs
Primal Groudon (Paradancer - Badgeholders/Trusted Writers only) is back up in the air.

<Nayrz> o btw are we approving a defensive mega ttar set
<Sweep> i would

double posting cuz alerts, this is open to anyone experienced provided Colonel M doesn't wanna do it - he did the other set after all.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn’t turn down writing it, but I will confess I haven't personally used the set before. If others want to write it feel free. Else, if someone gives me a few days and maybe a suggestion or two with it I probably can play with the set and then write it up.

Tldr I wouldn’t turn it down but I am fine with someone experienced with the set writing it if they want to.

A set I feel should be included in the Arceus-Ground analysis.

Utility Counter

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
Judgment
Recover
Toxic
Ice Beam / Defog

• Counters Primal Groudon, Zekrom, Mega Salamence and physical Rayquaza (if running Ice Beam)
  • Ground type Judment OHKOes non Shuca Berry Zekrom and 2HKOes any Primal Groudon. It's chosen over Earthquake as Primal Groudon has much lower Special Defence
  • Recover Keeps Arcues healthy
  • Toxic cripples Ho-Oh, Lugia, Giratina-O, Lati@s and other support Arceus forms
  • Ice Beam OHKOes Mega Salamence and Rayquaza, and hits Giratina-O hard
  • Defog can also be used to remove hazards. Ground Arceus also resists Stealth Rock.
  • EVs give enough Speed to outrun max speed neutral natured 95s. The rest is in HP and Defence for optimum physical bulk, as all 3 of its weaknesses are to primarily special types
  • Unlike other support Arceus sets, Ground doesn't fear Mega Gengar due to its super effective Judgment

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm impartial towards adding the support set, all I remember is that it's lame for a variety of reasons.

If anything, it's the CM set that should be added which was quietly removed right before the analysis was completed. Not a great set by any means but it might be worth having on there. The justification for not using CM in the OO section is that it's Ho-Oh bait, but so are other usable CM Arc forms so that in of itself is not a good enough reason. Either the set should be added back or OO should be edited to elaborate further on why you shouldn't be running the CM set.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
No one in a tour setting has used the cm set, while off the top of my head lvl 56 has used the support set in a couple of late round seasonal games. If you could offer a build that's consistent with the cm set I might change my opinion, but until one has been found, at this stage of the metagame it would save unnecessary work. I suggested unviable xerneas sets should be removed earlier in this thread, but as I can understand, the work for those analyses had already been done, so why bother removing them. However in this case, no one has made a solid build with the cm set and I don't even see it on ladder among new users, so what's the point of adding it? Whereas support has been used in a couple of tours, from my personal experience is extremely common on ladder, why not at least educate users on the best EV spreads and set for it?

Reactions: zf

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As I recall back when we were sorting out the Arc Ground sets the consensus was that CM and support were both kinda lame, but both were far behind SD. As for the Xern sets those are viable and deserved to be there on their own merit; keeping them wasn't an issue as to if the work was done or not so I don't know why you bring it up. The CM and support sets for Arc Ground were written or being written and the skeleton is even still on the old thread with all 3 sets so most of the work is already done there. You might even try merging the sets onto one set but that makes usage tips and team options more hectic.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
If you could show me a replay of a user using defensive, mixed or CM xerneas in a tour game that actually meant something I'll give it up, but if analyses are meant for newer users to find what's most splashable and "best" on a pokemon, they shouldn't be there. I say whether the work is done or not to reference the fact that those analyses are on site, if the reason for keeping them on site is that the work is already done and there's no need to remove then I can begrudgingly accept that. You've completely skipped my q on where the cm set has ever been used and my reasons for support being used over it, so i'd appreciate if you answered those if you're going to reply to my posts in such a way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)