ORAS Ubers Viability Ranking Thread (Final ORAS Update - Post #1164)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Yveltal like A+ in XY? I agree with Outrage in that it shouldn't be dropped to B+ because it's just better than the Pokemon there. I think the drop to A- is already enough of a drop considering ORAS isn't nice to it, with things like Stone Edge Ekiller becoming basically standard now, and P-Don, Double Edge Salamence just being able to blast through it with sheer power, making its defensive set not that great anymore. It's still worthy of A- though since it can run Charti berry to check things like Ekiller and P-Don better, and its offensive set is quite terrifying. Even Sp.Def Mega Sableye can't wall it.

It still has the scary offensive prowess, and although its defensive set got a little worse, it can still put in a decent amount of work, especially with Charti berry. So it still can perform at both an offensive and defensive role, by definition making it worthy of the A category. The reduced effectiveness of its defensive set (running Charti berry gives up Leftovers or Rocky Helmet) should be the reason it dropped to A-. Imo.

Last edited:
I'm really not sure about this one. The only thing that Greninja does that Deoxys-Attack doesn't do better is set up Toxic Spikes and I'm not sure if most teams really need an offensive Toxic Spikes user in place of, say, Ferrothorn, who can use Rapid Spin and Explosion to block hazard removal for one turn. For regular Spikes, Deoxys-Attack hits hard, has better Speed, and has access to Taunt just like Greninja so I don't see why you'd use this Pokemon over Deoxys-Attack for this role except for playing games with Protean. I'd say that B- is perfect for Greninja and I don't see the need to move it anywhere.
Just pointing out that Hazards Greninja can use Shadow Sneak which, when combined with Protean, allows it to both spinblock and defog block with taunt and the ability to outspeed every common defogger. Also, Ferrothorn does not learn Rapid Spin.

Last edited:
Oops, meant Forretress, that's my bad.

I agree that it has a little utility, but that's definitely not enough for B or B+. Deoxys-Attack can still prevent it better by just hitting like a truck.

Oops, meant Forretress, that's my bad.

I agree that it has a little utility, but that's definitely not enough for B or B+. Deoxys-Attack can still prevent it better by just hitting like a truck.
I never said it should move up, I simply stated the niche it has over Deoxys-A

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor

Landorus for C- rank

Now that Landorus is banned from OU, we are now required to rank it, and although there isn't much reson to use Landorus at all here, it does have some merit to using it unlike the garbage in D rank. For one, while its mostly outclassed by Groundceus as a Pdon check, it does have the niche of not having to worry about being burned by lava plume from the support set and it also doesn't take up your arceus slot. It is also is in a pretty decent speed tier and does have a good amount of power behind its attacks.

I think Lando should be C or C+.

It does have quite strong atttacks that can OHKO or at worst 2HKO P-Don (Earth Power), Dialga, Ttar (EP or Focus Blast), Ho-oh (Rock Slide), Xerneas (Sludge Wave)among others. With max Speed, it outruns and OHKO's Modest Latios with knock off and can generate momentum via a U-Turn as well. It can also set up Rocks if you don't want your groudon carrying it on offensive teams.

However, it doesn't have a lot of bulk and really hates taking any hits. It's speed is decent, but falls short of outspeeding any significant threats. Lando is also walled by Support Arceus if it lacks a coverage move to hit them with (CM Ghostceus can easily wall this and sets up on it.) It also can't break Blissey and Chansey (Though they hate knock off).

This looks like a very inferior mewtwo in that it is supposed to be a fast strong attacker, but it's not fast enough nor strong enough. It does have a better typing though and a different movepool and is not created in a horrible experiment.

well it has to be ranked now, but before it goes any higher than c- or even d, it would be nice to see a viable (so, good) team with it. I would be pretty interested in that tbh, the only viable set to me seems earth power/knock off/sludge wave for xern, but mence so hp ice/rocks so you can hit latis and ho-oh sort of, but considering how suuuper easy this thing is to check and especially how frail, I wonder how your team would make up for the lack in defensive synergy; it provides next to none. It can switch in on pdon once: wow!

Last edited:

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
If it's in ubers, we have to rank it, even if it's only in D.

I'd put it in C- to be honest, not an unviable stealth rock setter for offensive teams with also a bit of an offensive presence, and doesn't lose to the latis with no cost due to outpacing the common benchmark that I see (although it's easy to correct that) and using knock off. Also forces out primal groudon and ho-oh, and can switch in on certain glue mons like Klefki and Tyranitar, so it's probably not totally unviable.

Aren't we forgetting that Lando-I is one of the very few mons that can outspeed and OHKO Primal Groudon while being able to switch into it somewhat safely (immune to ground and TWave and can take a fire or rock move)? How is that worthy only of D rank?

Yeah I agree with Dice here. Lando-I is not viable for the following reason: It doesn't give any plus to your team whatever the archetype you playing against. Vs stall it does almost nothing Arceus Water/Lugia etc walls the heck out of it.
Vs balance you have Gira O Ho oh Latias yveltal so its also walled hard and can't function properly.
Vs HO it's weak to priority and doesn't have a priority itself. It's a set up bait for Ekiller and can't revenge kill anything. Mixed rock polish don and firepunch one shots it.
For me It's not really viable(Mamoswine is really better) but if it has to be somewhere. I would go for D but since it has a decent typing and speed I would go for C- at the end.

I don't agree with the sentiment that it shouldn't be ranked because it isn't viable, because that goes against what we are currently doing. Arceus-Bug and Deo-N are utterly unviable and/or severely outclassed, but we have them at D rank simply because they are Ubers. If Lando-I is completely unviable (which I'm not 100% sure on yet), it should follow the same logic and at least be D rank. The mon is now Ubers, so it should be ranked in this thread. In short, unviable + not Ubers = shouldn't be ranked; but unviable + Ubers = D rank.

That said, I think C- is fitting. It does have glaring problems, but can somewhat mitigate them by for example, running Calm Mind to threaten balance / stall. Could also run Rock Slide to lure Ho-oh, and like it does in OU, lure the Latis with Knock Off. Admittedly it's bad against offense, but being one of the very few Pokemon able to outspeed and OHKO Primal Groudon is decent, as well as OHKO Xerneas with Sludge Wave after rocks. 101 Speed is pretty decent too. It's still overall a pretty horrible Pokemon though as these are minor positives, which is why C- is low enough.

Lastly; Mega Lucario C -> C+

Honestly not even that bad of a Pokemon. Like it just doesn't fit to see it in the same rank as things like M-Mawile, and the incredibly niche Arceus-Flying/Steel/Dragon. Mega Lucario has some legit niches such as being an offensive Pokemon being able to pick off Xerneas with a powerful, super-effective priority Bullet Punch. It can actually put in big work against unprepared teams thanks to its incredible power and hard-to-resist dual STABs. Sweep made a good team with it (which went 2-0 in UPL so it must be good!) so you can see those for reference. I've been trying it out a lure set (specially offensive with Stone Edge for Ho-oh). That thing is able to lure and heavily weaken some of its switch-ins, while being able to lure an incredibly threatening Pokemon. Obviously not a new metagame gem by any means, but it just deserves a slightly higher rank thanks to some decent niches and being better than those in its current rank.

absdaddy

Banned deucer.
agreeing on Lucario; i made a joke-ish team with ZoroarkForever once that had metagame monsters like flyceus or fully special groudon + SD lucario. iirc zf opted for jolly but i ran adamant. My point - this team was fun as hell to use but could be improved in every possible way, yet Luke seemed to carry it mostly by itself and threaten so many teams it's not even funny.
I'd actually go far enough to say it's unique "mix of everything good but you won't get it nowhere else" niche makes it a viable contender for a powerful, wallbreaking AND sweeping type of a megamon.
It's by no means Mence level or something but its pretty rare and ungodly strong STAB moves including priority Bulletpunch that threatens one of the best mons right now+decent/good speed+possibility of setting up+okay coverage make it legit enough, let's see:

it hits everything you want; 200bp irontail does a whole lot to random stuff but for the unlucky people like me -
- Crunch hits Giratinas+Lugia+Lati twins+ghosty(very rarely switches on you if ever if it's faster it wins anyway)
- Ice Punch still hits Giratinas and Lugia but you trade hitting Ghostceus for killing Salamence/hitting yveltal without a defense drop which is kinda important when against prio users like Ray, overlooked thing. if you're one of the lucky spawn, there's a tasty 10% freeze chance. don't be fooled though - CC hits Yveltal harder but following moves might or might not kill you regardless of drop which is why i pointed it out;
- Stone Edge yet again hits Lugia, Yveltal, Mence and on top of that Ho-Oh + neutral hits on everything else mentioned above. Accuracy isn't perfect which is why my "ho-oh coverage" was a good Stealth Rock setting teammate and Adamant Close Combat.
It's important to note that +2 240 BP Close Combat has enough power to KO certain resists and really fat neutrals too, with aid of hazards obviously but it's mandatory and common anyway(latis/ho-oh anyone?)
tl;dr = stuff that can't match max/max+ defense Vanilla Groudon's level of bulk and doesn't resist CC has to accept the sad fate of being owned. Said Groudon is just an example - after one layer of Spikes +2 Close Combat takes it out, unboosted 2hkos with spikes too. With SR instead numbers go down a little - 56 and 11% respectively. The fact that most Primal Groudons run lesser defensive investment than that is helpful too.

By no means I'm trying to make a demigod out of this mon because it has some big flaws that can't be overlooked
- bulk of a wet tissue with main stab making it even worse
- has to pick between either more speed or more power, both being important enough (i went power route tbh, adamant is insane)
- it's still not the fastest gun around even if it has +Speed nature, clocks at 355 which is quick but not yet there, it'd love having 384+
- loses to most arceus formes
- usually hard to setup(debatable, even without wobbufet - i don't have one). Why debatable? It is indeed true that it loses to a lot of stuff unboosted/pre-mega and its bulk doesn't help there either but SD* is surprisingly NOT the one people expect and with it's STAB combo and quite a number of Pokemon weak to them/frail physically, you'd be surprised how often i found myself setting up SD on a forced switch, having enough power to slay whatever comes in as long as it doesn't resist CC**. It's tricky and a LOT harder to pull off than stuff like DD Mence(no speed boost smh) but surprise factor itself and the fact that not many teams actually take Lucario seriously means it's doable and about as rewarding, only with some different target Pokemon it kills*** and slightly different approach to shitting on typical Ubers teams - can't recklessly setup on a lot like a certain dragon can, doesn't forgive mistakes at all, rewards plays and free turns won through outplaying imo a little bit more than some other similar mons that are slowly getting overprepared for, giving Lucario more room

*set we're/i am talking about all the time, should be main imo

**spooky plate suspect when

***ass shuca dialgas and ttars kept whole game just to stop your mence ain't a problem anymore. your edge over the adamant croissant dragon is the fact that you kill stuff like lugia after SR under appropiate boost without losing half of your own health - return doesn't kill, and if it's 248/252+ - neither Dedge adamant dragon or Lucario kill it but one of them laughs at common toxic/icebeam Lugia and at worst gets phazed - isn't this a check-all 'mon that's supposed to prevent that from happening?
In return, mence gets a speed boost, recovery and amazing ability before mega+almost double the bulk. But that's the whole point, it's not mmence-level mon and it won't ever share ranks with it but it's way better than shit ranked down there next to it.
It's main selling point imo is abusing current metagame trends and it's bloody good at it, also(or mostly?) vs builds currently known as 'solid'. I probably sounded like a fanboy but people should really consider thinking outside the box for once, especially if it's not some ass PU pokemon used for the sake of being used but something that actually works and kills stuff. And it's immune to Toxic too, that automatically makes it a top super-viable pokemon.

tl;dr

c -> c+/b- , not a toptier godlike killer but definitely not a 'terrible utter ass garbage useless' mon like it's called now

big sorry for typos but i'm abs and i do them often, oh and it ended up kinda long imo. all that to kick a shitmon up a rank

Last edited:
Kangaskhan-Mega from B- to B
I believe that Kangaskhan is one of the most underated pokemon in Ubers. How is this thing in the same tier as Cloyster and Mega Aerodactyl! Mega Kangaskhan has an amazing ability which allows it to attack twice resulting in 1.5 damage output. Which Power-Up Punch actually boosts just as much as Swords Dance while he is still attacking.

Power-Up Punch allows for many gutsy strategies which can make a huge difference in a battle. Such as Power-Up Punching again if you know you defeat a pokemon by using it again. If your in a 2HKO situation you can Power-Up Punch then use Return to bank Attack for the next pokemon because it and possibly use to plow through the next pokemon or even just Sucker Punch it for twice as much damage. Also it has better bulk than you think. Here is a an example of using knowledge to help your Kangaskhan get a free +2.
252 Atk Parental Bond Kangaskhan Power-Up Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Groudon-Primal: 42-51 (10.3 - 12.6%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252 Atk Parental Bond Kangaskhan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Groudon-Primal: 213-252 (52.7 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Parental Bond Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Groudon-Primal: 162-190 (40 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

As you can see Power-Up Punch would indeed doubles the %s that are shown and still result in the same 2HKO that you would get if you just used your STAB move or Earthquake both times. Return would have in fact resulted in a 3HKO and using Power-Up Punch+Return would result in 100.1% damage at minimum which is a 2HKO. That is sure cutting it close.

The one thing people complain about using this pokemon is the fact it is crippled by Ghost Types but the main reason this happens is because people run Fake Out, Return, Power-Up Punch and Sucker Punch. This literally forces you to hope your opponent uses an attacking move for you to take adavantage of Sucker Punch. However this problem can be solved by running Earthquake instead of Fake Out which covers Aegislash and Mega Gengar for SE damage. This is a huge deal because Mega Kanga can now barge on through and is left with only 1 pokemon he cannot touch, which is Giratina-O.

Mega Kangaskhan is an extremely good sweeper and if used correctly it can go on a Rampage through an opponents team. It requires knowledge of knowing when to Power-Up Punch and not to and takes some extra skill to master compared to other pokemon but seriously it at least better than Cloyster and Mega Aerodactyl.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I support Mega Lucario getting a small bump to C+, it really isn't that bad.

Landorus-I isn't that good but D is probably too harsh, since it isn't nearly as bad as Deo-N or what have you. It basically needs to run 4 attacks to not get walled by something really dangerous (no Rock Slide means Ho-Oh eats you, no Knock Off means Dew Latios gets a free CM/attack, no HP Ice means fat Salamence can set up pretty easily). 101 Speed is fairly workable atm since bulky Arc/Lati aren't running but so much Speed these days and its power/coverage is just good enough to cause some damage. Main issues are lack of defensive utility and intense competition with the myriad of other super strong special attackers like Mewtwo/Lati@s/Darkrai that make its teamslot hard to justify on offense/balanced teams. C/C- is fair imo.

Just when i expected less activity after the major tours are done, you guys come out and give the thread the most activity its had in a week. not bad.

Change List:

Giratina-A: C+ >>> C-
Arceus-Fighting: C- >>> C
Mega Gengar: A >>> A+
Mega Lucario: C >>> C+
(may rise to B- next update)
Landorus: Unranked >>> C-
Chansey:
Blacklisted once more due to the increased viability of Mega Gengar (and it wasnt exactly great anyway)

Unsure Change List:

Yveltal (opinions are 50/50 it seems so i'll err on the side of it staying there until theres a majority opinion of yveltal to B+)
Kangaskhan (not discussed v much and came later in the week, may see a change next update if discussion furthers)

See ya next week!

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
There isn't much that can reliably get rocks up against Mega-sableye and a majority of the others are made useless just by it's presence.
well tbh the two most common rocks setters in ubers beat it the majority of the time (PDon will likely either have lava plume or max attack).

mega-sableye is undoubtedly a fantastic mon, but i think it's where it belongs atm. A- is by no means a bad rank to have. also, what do you mean by your remark about hazards? in my experience, teams with mega sableye tend not to have spikes support.

Mega-Sableye = A: Defining 2 of the major playstyles and being one of the more centralizing forces in the metagame is definitely not something common among the A rank mons. The natural bulk and amazing typing of Mega-sableye give it the ability to check or counter a very large portion of the metagame, and completely turning some more defensive/specially defensive mons into liabilities, like yveltal, skarmory, ferrothorn, klefki and tyranitar etc, is an amazing quality to have. This leads me into the most important support Mega-sableye provides, and that is the near domination of the hazard war. There isn't much that can reliably get rocks up against Mega-sableye and a majority of the others are made useless just by it's presence.

Mega-sableye on balance is absolutely incredible especially how important hazards are for any team archetype, and how difficult it is for the common cores to get around Mega-sableye while being hammered by the barrage of hazards being tossed at them. I'd say this mon deserves a promotion here, as it is way too good at what it does.
I've used Mega Sableye on a bunch of my more balanced teams and I love him, but I'm on the fence about moving him up. Mega Sableye is pressured hard by (in my opinion) the two most reliable Stealth Rock users in the tier: Primal Groudon and Shuca Berry Dialga. You simply cannot reliably switch into these threats, especially if you need to stay healthy in order to check things like EKiller and Deoxys-A.

What Mega Sableye does do extremely well is shut down every relevant Spikes user (Prankster Taunt still beats Skill Swap Deoxys-S) while remaining healthy enough to check what it needs to check and this is a big deal against Spike-stacking offence. Spikes + EKiller is extremely dangerous and Mega Sableye is great at stopping that and I love using him as my Mega for that and that alone.

That being said, is that enough to justify an A rank? I'm not so sure.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
What kind of niche does regular Diancie have to be C+ rank? the only niche i see is a rocker set that walls stuff like Yvetal? I say regular Diancie should go down to C rank

Per
image credit goes to justinjiaxinghu!

General Thread Rules:
  • Post intelligently. Random posts saying things like "X should be x rank" without context or supporting evidence isn't gonna fly here.
  • Be civil when debating with other users. Any flaming will not be tolerated.
  • Please do not bring up ban/suspect discussions in this thread. Any and all possible upcoming tier-policy decisions will be brought up from the leaders themselves, and it won't be done in this thread.
  • Usage stats and replays are good to support your arguments, but avoid basing your entire argument around them. Make sure the replays are of good matches, from high ladder or UPL / SPL. It's hard to take a bottom of the ladder replay seriously when discussing a Pokemon's viability.
All Rankings are done in alphabetical order, and any new changes to a Pokemon's ranking will go by the Ubers Moderators first. The Ubers Moderators are Fireburn, Jibaku and Sweep.
Bear in mind that the criteria from the previous thread have changed, and should be noted accordingly when suggesting a Pokemon's new ranking. Some have already changed rank as a result.

The Ascendant

Rayquaza-Mega
Too powerful for Ubers and therefore banned to Anything Goes, Mega Rayquaza now sits as the only Pokemon that is not usable in any Smogon singles metagame.

S Rank

The best Pokemon in the tier reside here. They tend to boast incredible offensive AND defensive capabilities. There is very little opportunity cost in using these Pokemon. They have great utility or power to add to teams, while requiring little support to function.

S+
  • Groudon-Primal

S
  • Arceus-Normal
  • Salamence-Mega
  • Xerneas

A Rank

This rank is reserved for Pokemon that may have great offensive or defensive capabilities. They tend to be the first to be considered for certain roles, but may need some support to function well.

A+

• Arceus-Ghost
  • Darkrai
  • Gengar-Mega
  • Ho-Oh
  • Kyogre-Primal

A
  • Arceus-Ground
  • Klefki
  • Latias
  • Latios
  • Lugia
  • Mewtwo
  • Mewtwo-Mega-Y
A-
  • Arceus-Rock
  • Arceus-Water
  • Deoxys-Attack
  • Deoxys-Speed
  • Dialga
  • Rayquaza
  • Sableye-Mega
  • Tyranitar
  • Yveltal

B Rank

Reserved for Pokemon that have decent offensive or defensive capabilities. B rank Pokemon are typically chosen for their specific roles, but need certain degrees of support and/or suffer from higher opportunity costs.

B+
  • Arceus-Dark
  • Arceus-Fairy
  • Diancie-Mega
  • Excadrill
  • Ferrothorn
  • Giratina-O
  • Mewtwo-Mega-X
  • Skarmory
  • Shaymin-Sky

B
  • Aegislash
  • Blaziken / Blaziken-Mega
  • Clefable
  • Forretress
  • Groudon
  • Jirachi
  • Kyurem-White
  • Palkia
  • Wobbuffet
  • Zekrom

B-
  • Aerodactyl-Mega
  • Blissey
  • Cloyster
  • Genesect
  • Kangaskhan-Mega
  • Metagross-Mega
  • Sableye
  • Scizor-Mega

C Rank

Reserved for Pokemon that serve specific niches in the metagame. C Rank Pokemon can be very reliant on team members for support just to minimize their flaws as well as to function. They may also suffer from large degrees of opportunity cost to the point of being outclassed in some areas.

C+
  • Alomomola
  • Arceus-Electric
  • Arceus-Grass
  • Arceus-Ice
  • Arceus-Poison
  • Diancie
  • Lucario-Mega
  • Scolipede

C
  • Arceus-Dragon
  • Arceus-Fighting
  • Arceus-Flying
  • Arceus-Steel
  • Kyogre
  • Mawile-Mega

C-
  • Deoxys-Defense
  • Ditto
  • Giratina-Altered
  • Landorus

D Rank

Reserved for Pokemon that serve no viable purpose in the Ubers metagame, but are bound here by tiering restrictions. D Rank Pokemon are typically outclassed in many if not all areas, and should not be considered for use on any serious team.

• Arceus-Bug
  • Arceus-Fire
  • Arceus-Psychic
  • Deoxys
  • Reshiram

Blacklisted from discussion

Some of you might remember this as the "Chansey Rank" of the old thread. This is simply a list of Pokemon that should be avoided when discussing in this thread, with some small explanations as to why.

• Chansey is now once again blacklisted from discussion due to the rise in Shadow Tag viability. This is subject to change.
  • Latios-Mega/Latias-Mega - Soul Dew is released in ORAS and is allowed in the Ubers tier, and provides better stats to Latios and Latias than their respective Mega Evolutions.
  • Any Pokemon that has been rejected for an analysis - Pokemon that are not Uber by tiering must pass for an analysis by the Ubers QC Team in the respective sub-forum before being ranked on this tiering list. Those that have been rejected are blacklisted from discussion.
If you have read all the rules and the above list, feel free to discuss the list and possible changes with the community!

image credit goes to justinjiaxinghu!

General Thread Rules:
  • Post intelligently. Random posts saying things like "X should be x rank" without context or supporting evidence isn't gonna fly here.
  • Be civil when debating with other users. Any flaming will not be tolerated.
  • Please do not bring up ban/suspect discussions in this thread. Any and all possible upcoming tier-policy decisions will be brought up from the leaders themselves, and it won't be done in this thread.
  • Usage stats and replays are good to support your arguments, but avoid basing your entire argument around them. Make sure the replays are of good matches, from high ladder or UPL / SPL. It's hard to take a bottom of the ladder replay seriously when discussing a Pokemon's viability.
All Rankings are done in alphabetical order, and any new changes to a Pokemon's ranking will go by the Ubers Moderators first. The Ubers Moderators are Fireburn, Jibaku and Sweep.
Bear in mind that the criteria from the previous thread have changed, and should be noted accordingly when suggesting a Pokemon's new ranking. Some have already changed rank as a result.

The Ascendant

Rayquaza-Mega
Too powerful for Ubers and therefore banned to Anything Goes, Mega Rayquaza now sits as the only Pokemon that is not usable in any Smogon singles metagame.

S Rank

The best Pokemon in the tier reside here. They tend to boast incredible offensive AND defensive capabilities. There is very little opportunity cost in using these Pokemon. They have great utility or power to add to teams, while requiring little support to function.

S+
  • Groudon-Primal

S
  • Arceus-Normal
  • Salamence-Mega
  • Xerneas

A Rank

This rank is reserved for Pokemon that may have great offensive or defensive capabilities. They tend to be the first to be considered for certain roles, but may need some support to function well.

A+

• Arceus-Ghost
  • Darkrai
  • Gengar-Mega
  • Ho-Oh
  • Kyogre-Primal

A
  • Arceus-Ground
  • Klefki
  • Latias
  • Latios
  • Lugia
  • Mewtwo
  • Mewtwo-Mega-Y
A-
  • Arceus-Rock
  • Arceus-Water
  • Deoxys-Attack
  • Deoxys-Speed
  • Dialga
  • Rayquaza
  • Sableye-Mega
  • Tyranitar
  • Yveltal

B Rank

Reserved for Pokemon that have decent offensive or defensive capabilities. B rank Pokemon are typically chosen for their specific roles, but need certain degrees of support and/or suffer from higher opportunity costs.

B+
  • Arceus-Dark
  • Arceus-Fairy
  • Diancie-Mega
  • Excadrill
  • Ferrothorn
  • Giratina-O
  • Mewtwo-Mega-X
  • Skarmory
  • Shaymin-Sky

B
  • Aegislash
  • Blaziken / Blaziken-Mega
  • Clefable
  • Forretress
  • Groudon
  • Jirachi
  • Kyurem-White
  • Palkia
  • Wobbuffet
  • Zekrom

B-
  • Aerodactyl-Mega
  • Blissey
  • Cloyster
  • Genesect
  • Greninja
  • Kangaskhan-Mega
  • Metagross-Mega
  • Sableye
  • Scizor-Mega

C Rank

Reserved for Pokemon that serve specific niches in the metagame. C Rank Pokemon can be very reliant on team members for support just to minimize their flaws as well as to function. They may also suffer from large degrees of opportunity cost to the point of being outclassed in some areas.

C+
  • Alomomola
  • Arceus-Electric
  • Arceus-Grass
  • Arceus-Ice
  • Arceus-Poison
  • Diancie
  • Lucario-Mega
  • Scolipede

C
  • Arceus-Dragon
  • Arceus-Fighting
  • Arceus-Flying
  • Arceus-Steel
  • Kyogre
  • Mawile-Mega

C-
  • Deoxys-Defense
  • Ditto
  • Giratina-Altered
  • Landorus

D Rank

Reserved for Pokemon that serve no viable purpose in the Ubers metagame, but are bound here by tiering restrictions. D Rank Pokemon are typically outclassed in many if not all areas, and should not be considered for use on any serious team.

• Arceus-Bug
  • Arceus-Fire
  • Arceus-Psychic
  • Deoxys
  • Reshiram

Blacklisted from discussion

Some of you might remember this as the "Chansey Rank" of the old thread. This is simply a list of Pokemon that should be avoided when discussing in this thread, with some small explanations as to why.

• Chansey is now once again blacklisted from discussion due to the rise in Shadow Tag viability. This is subject to change.
  • Latios-Mega/Latias-Mega - Soul Dew is released in ORAS and is allowed in the Ubers tier, and provides better stats to Latios and Latias than their respective Mega Evolutions.
  • Any Pokemon that has been rejected for an analysis - Pokemon that are not Uber by tiering must pass for an analysis by the Ubers QC Team in the respective sub-forum before being ranked on this tiering list. Those that have been rejected are blacklisted from discussion.
If you have read all the rules and the above list, feel free to discuss the list and possible changes with the community!

Arceus-Ice B-? What were people thinking back then? Anyway I would love to see more arguement in the current B- tier. I feel like there are many pokemon worthy of moving up or down. I would love to see that part of ranking in the chat more.

Arceus-Ice B-? What were people thinking back then? Anyway I would love to see more arguement in the current B- tier. I feel like there are many pokemon worthy of moving up or down. I would love to see that part of ranking in the chat more.
Arceus-Ice is simply a better Arceus-Electric in a metagame where Primal groudon and Mega Salamence are by far the most dominating mons. It has STAB on the better half of the BoltBeam combo and Ice is arguably the best offensive type int he metagame right now. Notably Primal Groudon is single-handedly responsible for the decline of all types that resist Ice. It has a niche as an offensive check to a plethora of threats such as Yveltal, Lati@s and the aforementioned Mega Mence and even though Ice is a poor defensive type, it should be noted that fire and steel weaknesses are very easy to cover right now thanks to the primals and Fighting is relatively uncommon, leaving rock (more specifically, Stealth Rock) as the only troublesome weakness. If you need a specially offensive Arceus forme, Iceceus is arguably the best one for that role right now.

BrandonBeast

Regular Diancie has the niche of being quite a solid Trick Room setter who can check Yveltal and Ho-oh well. It also uses Explosion with Normal Gem / Life Orb so it can get out of there when it sets TR, so something comes in safely. This powerful explosion also ensures it isn't set up fodder or anything.

Another set it can run Max HP with Max Defense with moves like Stealth Rock, Diamond Storm and clerical moves like Heal Bell. This set checks Ho-oh, Yveltal, Salamence and Ray well enough, and having Stealth Rock on a Pokemon that threatens rocks weak Pokemon is pretty great.

I would nom it for a drop though, it really isn't good. Destroyed by both Primals and the things it checks can run Earthquake which threaten to kill it after prior damage and / or boosts. Also suffers from opportunity cost now that it has a mega which is far better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)