ORAS Underused Ladder Tournament - Finals! [Won by Hairy Toenail]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
shout-out to King UU for running the tour till now!

Welcome to the ORAS Underused Ladder Tournament
Playoff rules:
  • This is a standard ORAS UU tournament.
  • The tournament will be single elimination.
  • Players will play a best of three series each round.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
Standard Rules and Clauses:
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Team Preview: Players must turn on the Team Preview feature where players can view the opposing team's Pokémon and choose their lead Pokémon.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play.
  • Uber Clause: Players may not use any items, moves, abilities, or Pokemon that appear on Smogon's UU Ban List. If the tiers change or new items, abilities, moves, or Pokemon become available in the middle of a round, the changes will take effect in the following round. There will be an announcement in the relevant round if this occurs.

About Activity Decisions:

In the event that there is an uncompleted match at the deadline, it will be coin flipped unless one or both of the players involved in the match specifically request an activity win and explain sufficiently why they deserve to win over their opponent. Attempting to schedule a battle is required in order to receive the win by activity.

So after four hard fought weeks of laddering, we have our eight finalists! Congrats to everyone who made it, let's get to the matchups:

Round 1

1. Yifeng vs 8. Darkerones
2. King UU vs 7. Christo The Gr8
3. TewMew
vs 6. Hogg
4. Hairy Toenail vs 5. Lapras!

Semi-Finals

1. Yifeng vs 4. Hairy Toenail
2. King UU
vs 6. Hogg

Finals!

2. King UU vs 4. Hairy Toenail

No deadline, but post when you are playing so people can watch!

Good luck guys, and have fun! :)

Last edited:

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yifeng vs Darkerones

Both really solid players but I'm not sure if Bob is willing to put in the time to craft a bunch of teams for something like this. His typical stall style is also pretty weak in the current meta which will force him to play something that he's a little bit less comfortable on. Darkerones is a good all around player who crafts pretty good teams and is likely willing to work hard for the win. I think Best of Three also plays into his favor. Overall, going to Darkerones.

King UU vs Christo the GR8

Really tough matchup to decide here. Christo is a solid player just like Darkerones but King is likely dedicated to snagging a win here as well. Both players will have a good network of people supporting them and it's gonna be a close one but I think King UU will be able to edge it out.

TewMew vs Hogg

TewMew is probably my favorite to win the tour if I had to pick one right now. Great player all around and hopefully I don't get matched with him in the Rainbow tour. Hogg is a good player though and will certainly put up a fight. However, I'm not sure if Hogg will have a solid enough base of teams to rely on once the round starts if Serperior is allowed.

Hairy Toenail vs Lapras

Again, I'm banking on the fact that stall is pretty weak right now. Lapras might have some trouble building teams that don't exactly fit his playstyle. Best of three also favors Toenail in my opinion.

G1: King UU brought sand which i was not expecting. Turn one he leads Banded Stoutland, as i lead Nido. He gets a Nido KO when i get 73% done on the biggest threat to my team. I bring out my Aero whom had Fire Fang but came Short to a KO on his Fortress. Later in the match, I had to switch in my Cune on his Aero to take an Aerial Ace and Double back out, but he gets an unfortunate crit which gives his Stoutland a good chance to kill my Cune after rocks. I knew i had the game locked with my tuant hydrei+machamp when stoutland was dead, but when it came down to the roll, he gets the KO which inviolately lead to my loss.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-uu-36998

G2: i played badly and didnt have the best matchup.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-uu-37000

Yifeng vs Darkerones

Both really solid players but I'm not sure if Bob is willing to put in the time to craft a bunch of teams for something like this. His typical stall style is also pretty weak in the current meta which will force him to play something that he's a little bit less comfortable on. Darkerones is a good all around player who crafts pretty good teams and is likely willing to work hard for the win. I think Best of Three also plays into his favor. Overall, going to Darkerones.
Have some faith in me fgt

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I fucked up the first game by not prioritizing Rocks. I had the team matchup and if I had just gotten up Rocks instead of trying to preserve Nidoqueen I had it won with VerlisPuff. From there I never really recovered as you'll see in Game 2.

And then Game Two his RP Tyrantrum fucked me up and I didnt get the para I needed to win with Serperior. Just the fact that I had even a chance to come back from that disaster with snake proves it should be banned imo.

Good match though Yifeng! I still have a lot to learn about tourney play but hopefully this experience will help me get better.

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Replays:

G1: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-214460360 - Stall v Mag/Bee/Puff team. TewMew had it almost locked with EQ MAero and Toxic Orb Hera against Mag and Bee at the end, but a crit on MAero loses the game for him.
G2: Ended early because I didn't realize SF Gatr wasn't allowed this round :(
G3: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-214470372 - Stall v stall, DTail Kyurem and hazard Ferro put in most of the work on my end, while double Regen core on his end keeps the damage from shuffling to a min. TewMew switches his weakened Defogger into a Moonblast turn 26, which was probably what sealed it.

Replays:

G1: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-214460360 - Stall v Mag/Bee/Puff team. TewMew had it almost locked with EQ MAero and Toxic Orb Hera against Mag and Bee at the end, but a crit on MAero loses the game for him.
G2: Ended early because I didn't realize SF Gatr wasn't allowed this round :(
G3: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-214470372 - Stall v stall, DTail Kyurem and hazard Ferro put in most of the work on my end, while double Regen core on his end keeps the damage from shuffling to a min. TewMew switches his weakened Defogger into a Moonblast turn 26, which was probably what sealed it.
You and your Shedinja team on that last game. Really frustrating team to face. Good think you didn't give up on it right? :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)