ORAS UU Teambuilding Compendium [Updated Post Stage 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrReuniclus

Smogon's full of bullies.
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Ampharos Mega for agility <-- Please do this one for me :(
Rhyperior for rock polish and or swords dance (swords dance can do work with tr)
Pidgeot Mega for a wallbreaker/stallbreaker
Cresselia for a wallbreaker/stallbreaker
All are just suggestions you don't have to put them on if you feel unnecessary.

Is Rock Polish M-Aggron worth using at all in this meta? I just wondered because I have seen it in the past but I have no idea how it functions now. If it's worth adding, could we put it in Rock Polish Sweepers?

You could probably add Meloetta as a defensive pivot, I've used it a few times and it does pretty well since it serves as a good Nido answer for balance teams while pivoting with U-turn and putting set up sweepers on a timer with Perish Song (Pearl. can confirm since he's used it a good amount as well oo).

LilOu

PO poopyhead
You could probably add Meloetta as a defensive pivot, I've used it a few times and it does pretty well since it serves as a good Nido answer for balance teams while pivoting with U-turn and putting set up sweepers on a timer with Perish Song (Pearl. can confirm since he's used it a good amount as well oo).
Hm, that sounds not so bad. However, do you or pearl have replays? I'd like to see Meloetta in action, it can differ from theory.

Escavalier for CB user, Pursuit user and Wallbreaker.
The poor bug needs some love :)

EDIT: Also, just an idea, you could have a section for TR setters/sweepers, if you consider it to be viable enough

EDITEDIT: Since there's so much talk about Meloetta being a pivot, add it to U-Turn as well

Last edited:

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Hm, that sounds not so bad. However, do you or pearl have replays? I'd like to see Meloetta in action, it can differ from theory.
Uh, saw this early in the morning but didn't have time to answer back. There aren't many replays of me using Meloetta but I was still able to come up with these two:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-220937597 <- Melo pivoting against Pidgeot, grabbing momentum on Empoleon and stopping a Curselax Sweep

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-221034074 <- nothing impressive but I think Melo provides its usefulness to an extent. lol@reg blasters tho

But yeah it doesn't really differ much from theory. It sits there, tanks special shit, grabs momentum and is an overall useful Pokemon (although not every team is able to afford using it ofc). I recommend you to try it yourself, it's rly fun to use

Last edited:

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Made some format-wise changes so it looks more clean. Also:

• Added Cow Lord (Miltank) to Fire Checks, Physical Walls and Heal Bell users. Thanks to NananaBatman.
  • Added Cacturne to Water Checks.
  • Added Meloetta to Pivots, CM users and U-turn users.
  • Added Jellicent to Stallbreakers because Taunt set is unstoppable (nobody like.

EDIT: Added Jynx to Water Checks and Nasty Plot users.
EDIT 2: Added Kabutops to Fire Checks, Flying Checks, Swords Dance Sweepers and Priority Users. Thanks Patrick1088 .

Last edited:
Can you please add Kabutops to SD Sweeper and priority user? Its ability to tear apart HO with a SD gives it a niche that is separate from Gatr, where it can even immediately wallbreak with rain on the field.

I would suggest adding togetic to the defensive pivots list due to bp and possibly under nasty plot too with a (nasty pass) specification with it.

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd suggest adding Heliolisk to Flying checks, Doublade to Pursuit trappers, Barbaracle to Shell Smash and Salamence to Hone Claws.

Reactions: nv
I'd suggest adding Heliolisk to Flying checks, Doublade to Pursuit trappers, Barbaracle to Shell Smash and Salamence to Hone Claws.
I disagree with Heliolisk and Mence. Heliolisk does not switch into any attacks other than water types and Hone Claws Mence is not viable. I agree with the other two, though.

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I disagree with Heliolisk and Mence. Heliolisk does not switch into any attacks other than water types and Hone Claws Mence is not viable. I agree with the other two, though.
Well compared to some of the other things on the compendium (Jynx on Nasty Plot, Virizion on Work Up for example) I'd say Hone Claws Mence definitely has viability, especially considering the 3 Attacks Hone Claws wallbreaker set and SubSalac. Heliolisk not making the list due to frailty is understandable though.

Can we also add Qwilfish to Fire Checks?

-1 252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Qwilfish: 77-91 (23 - 27.2%) -- possible 5HKO after Black Sludge recovery

-1 252 Atk Life Orb Infernape Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Qwilfish: 62-74 (18.5 - 22.1%) -- possible 6HKO after Black Sludge recovery

These calcs I did out of curiosity and I forgot how bulky Qwilfish is and how good water/poison typing is defensively.

-1 252 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Qwilfish: 66-78 (19.7 - 23.3%) -- possible 6HKO after Black Sludge recovery

-1 252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Beedrill Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Qwilfish: 62-73 (18.5 - 21.8%) -- possible 6HKO after Black Sludge recovery

I think you can add Umbreon under Special Dragon Checks. The strongest Draco Meteor is Choice Specs Dragalage, but Umbreon can live two with max spDef, easily in fact if it Protects on the second one (this is assuming switching in on one as well). If, for whatever reason, Umbreon doesn't have leftover at the moment it still can possibly take two, it requires relatively high rolls from Dragalage to 2hko, but will if Umbreon has no lefties and comes in on rocks. That's a niche enough scenario that I think we can put it in there

Reactions: nv

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Added Doublade to Pursuit trappers and Barbaracle to Shell Smash. Heliolisk, on the other hand, as Christo said, can't come into a single thing that isn't a Water or Ghost attack, so it doesn't really help check stuff like Pidgeot or Crobat, which outspeed it anyway. Regarding Hone Claws Salamence, I'm adding it since, rather than sweeping, does a good job wallbreaking with Iron Tail and Dragon Rush, not needing to deal with being locked into Outrage nor hitting itself, as well as not missing.

Can we also add Qwilfish to Fire Checks?
Added Qwilfish to Fire checks and Defensive Pivots.

I would suggest adding togetic to the defensive pivots list due to bp and possibly under nasty plot too with a (nasty pass) specification with it.
I've used Togetic, and I'll say that it's not so good as a pivot, it gets worn down easily because the lack of recovery and physical bulk + being weak to rocks. Also I'm not sure about adding it to NP users since that category is for sweepers, and Togetic ain't sweeping anytime soon.

I think you can add Umbreon under Special Dragon Checks. The strongest Draco Meteor is Choice Specs Dragalage, but Umbreon can live two with max spDef, easily in fact if it Protects on the second one (this is assuming switching in on one as well). If, for whatever reason, Umbreon doesn't have leftover at the moment it still can possibly take two, it requires relatively high rolls from Dragalage to 2hko, but will if Umbreon has no lefties and comes in on rocks. That's a niche enough scenario that I think we can put it in there
Added Umbreon to Special Dragon checks, something that should have been there since the beginning, haha.

• Added Mega Bannete to Priority users.
  • Added Dugtrio to Priority users.

Thanks for the suggestions and keep them going if you see that I'm missing something :]

Last edited:
Alright then. Might want to add an other support section, then, so people who need a support mon for something other than spikes/sr have something to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)