ORAS UU Teambuilding Compendium [Updated Post Stage 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Salamence is not a ground check because he loses vs nidos and Mamo or you forgot it? :P
Then Tangrowth, Chesnaught, Gligar, Crobat, Whimsicott, Mandibuzz, Rotom-C, Shaymin, Yanmega and Hydreigon aren't either, or you forgot that too?

This is a "check" section. This works so that your team has some way to not instantly lose to someone hitting Earthquake. Predictions are also a thing. Mence comes into Epower from Nidos and scares them out. That's enough of a Ground check, if you ask me.

Krook and Mega Swampert are also relevant Ground types in this metagame, and most things listed are good dealing with them.

Oh, and something else. This compendium isn't building teams for you. You are not supposed to say "my team is weak to Chandelure, let's head to the Fire checks section and pick whatever", because that's not going to work. Most of the Fire checks aren't taking Specs Shadow Ball. This compendium is here so that you have a big pool of options to choose from graphically and in an easy way, but it is your work to pick what works best depending on your needs. Obviously Mence is not a Mamo check.

Then Tangrowth, Chesnaught, Gligar, Crobat, Whimsicott, Mandibuzz, Rotom-C, Shaymin, Yanmega and Hydreigon aren't either, or you forgot that too?

This is a "check" section. This works so that your team has some way to not instantly lose to someone hitting Earthquake. Predictions are also a thing. Mence comes into Epower from Nidos and scares them out. That's enough of a Ground check, if you ask me.

Krook and Mega Swampert are also relevant Ground types in this metagame, and most things listed are good dealing with them.

Oh, and something else. This compendium isn't building teams for you. You are not supposed to say "my team is weak to Chandelure, let's head to the Fire checks section and pick whatever", because that's not going to work. Most of the Fire checks aren't taking Specs Shadow Ball. This compendium is here so that you have a big pool of options to choose from graphically and in an easy way, but it is your work to pick what works best depending on your needs. Obviously Mence is not a Mamo check.
I was just pointing out that you haven't added Salamence as ground check, having Noivern as one. Reading my comment again I realise that sounded pretty annoying and I'm very sorry for that :[

LilOu

PO poopyhead
I was just pointing out that you haven't added Salamence as ground check, having Noivern as one. Reading my comment again I realise that sounded pretty annoying and I'm very sorry for that :[
Oh, wow. I actually had Mence in the list of the mons I was going to add, but I somehow forgot to put the sprite. Also, I just re-read your comment and it makes sense now. Your phrasing made it look different lol. Sorry, adding Mence now.

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Umby for phys def Dragon check. It is one of the best counters to DD Mence wil Foul Play + incredible bulk

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
This is REALLY useful for teambuilding!Keep up the good work!
btw why is roserade not in assault vest?
Cause AV Roserade is completely unviable and removes it's main role as an offensive / defensive Spikes / T-Spikes setter and prevents it from using one of its best moves in Sleep Powder.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does Mismagius needs to be in ground checks? Sure it's immune and can maybe switch into a krook EQ and wisp or something but it doesnt have the bulk to take coverage from Mamo/Pert/Krook/nido/etc. and can't OHKO them like other checks with the same issue can (like sceptile). Plus it's not good. If Togetic isn't listed then this doesnt need to be
Idt Stoutland needs to be listed as a pursuit trapper without hippo rip

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Gardevoir for Healing Wish, Special/Physical Dragon checks, Fighting check (debatable since it loses to p much all the non-choiced Fighting types). Specs/Scarf/CM are potentially relevant but it's early to tell for those.

Diancie for Stealth Rock and Dedicated Lead. RIP Carbink.

Sableye for Stallbreaker, Priority User (unless Prankster status doesn't count; if it does Whimsicott needs to be added as well), Fighting Check.

Metagross for Agility, Pursuit Trapper, Priority User, Flying Check, Physical Dragon Check, Stealth Rock. Assault Vest and Choice Band could be good, but as with Gardevoir it's a bit early to tell.

Setup Sweepers (Other) could have a Trick Room section for OTR sweepers, being Reuniclus, Hoopa, and potentially Diancie and Porygon2.

Cause AV Roserade is completely unviable and removes it's main role as an offensive / defensive Spikes / T-Spikes setter and prevents it from using one of its best moves in Sleep Powder.
I see.But many people are caught off guard by a roserade with this moveset:

Roserade @ Assault Vest
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

But AV roserade does its job better than AV amoongus.

I see.But many people are caught off guard by a roserade with this moveset:

Roserade @ Assault Vest
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

But AV roserade does its job better than AV amoongus.
AV Amoonguss has two things that set doesn't: Utility in access to Clear Smog and Foul Play, and recovery via Regenerator. That Rose set gets easily worn down, and even has to run unnecessary moves to fill slots. The only thing ESense hits is other poison types; Nidos take more from a Leaf Storm anyways, and you don't want to be staying in vs a Crobat.

And adding on Leo's post: I'd say Diancie for Dark/Special Dragon checks. I'd mention stuff for like Venu, but eh.

Venusaur: Fighting check, Water check, Setup Sweeper (Curse), phazer, specially defensive wall

Could be physically defensive wall too, but need more time to see if that's outclassed by Amoonguss or not since it really only has Roar and Knock Off over it.

Leo covered everything else for the drops. Diancie should also be a Fire check, Dark type check, Flying type check and a check to both physical and special Dragons.

Will the role of the December Drops added here ?
Sadly it seems LilOU has vanished from the world of Smogon, which is why this hasn't been updated in over a month(note the lack of Mega teiring additions).

Odds are someone will eventually take this over and make a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)