ORAS UU: The Next Best Thing V2 (Toxicroak - Submission Stage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Looks like i take this week D:

upload_2016-2-1_22-9-32.png

bronzong will be our next contender! You have until Friday 8pm est time have at it

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Heal Block
- Gyro Ball / Iron Head
- Toxic
- Protect / Earthquake

Heal Block makes Bronzong deal with CM Psychics a lot better, being able to stop WishTect and RestTalk variants. it beats Cresselia, CM Florges, and (kind of) shuts down CroCune.

Eww, Bronzong is so linear. Its best sets all basically have 3 of the same moves then just a utility move of choice. I thought screens for a sec but it's outclassed. Why R0ady, why? :/ I'll give it a go though. It's special enough to warrant its own set I believe.

Gravity 'Zong

DrugsRGood (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
(IVs: 0 Spe)
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Gravity
- Stealth Rock

No it's not a joke, just so happens that Bronzong does illegal things this is the optimal set. If you watched replays when I tested Gravity Porygon2, you saw this set. The premise is to provide Gravity support, and Bronzong is the most reliable setter in UU. Bronzong's coverage with EQ is now much better, although it must give up Levitate. But that's ok, because Heatproof just removes its Fire weakness instead and halves burn chip damage. The cool thing is that nothing will use EQ on Zong until Gravity is revealed, and many things will take a lot of damage thinking they can kill it with Fire. The other 3 moves on the set need not be explained.

EV spread is standard for bulk and tankiness. Gravity can be used offensively to spam powerful moves and strengthen Spikes or defensively with Spikes. Partners include Porygon2/-Z, Krookodile, Donphan, Chesnaught, and Goodra. The Nidos get a special mention because they can fire off Earth Power more easily as well as use upgraded moves like Blizzard, Thunder, or Focus Blast to hit harder.

Last edited:

DrReuniclus

Smogon's full of bullies.
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Dual Screens Lead Zong

Bronzong @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD or 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Atk
Sassy or Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock/Trick Room
- Gyro Ball/Explosion
- Light Screen
- Reflect
Bronzong has always worked as a great lead with its amazing typing, many resists, and great support options. It is also one of the few viable mons in uu to get stealth rock and dual screens. Dual screens provides great support for many different mons allowing them to set up after bronzong has done its job setting up rocks and dies off. Depending on your team, you can use stealth rock if you are running a more HO squad with a lot of faster set up sweepers like lucario or you just want hazards or you can use Trick Room and pair it with other mons that can abuse trick room or can help get set up under trick room and screens, such as, sd daunt, reuniclus or rhyperior to name just a few. The choice between Gyro Ball or Explosion is basically if you want just momentum and one large damaging attack that may let you take out something you otherwise may not vs something that allows bronzong to take advantage of what its set up on its own and you also want an attacking move so you aren't complete taunt bait. Evs are just standard defensive bronzong. They could be changed from spdef to attack and nature to brave if running trick room or you want to be more offensive. Overall this bronzong set makes a great lead for HO and trick room offense alike as screens allow for bronzong to really shine as its spot for a lead and support mon.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
I present to you, Bronzong's standard defensive set, with a little nifty move over a more common status move--Hypnosis.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hypnosis
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

Question: Why Hypnosis over Toxic?
While it could successively miss due to is 60% chance of hitting, I prefer to choose Hypnosis over Toxic because Hypnosis puts one Pokemon to Sleep, disarming that Pokemon for a period of time, giving some of my Pokemon ample time to set-up.

Question: What is with the 248 Special Defense EV's?
This is one instance of having a Pokemon with a base stat not divisible by 5, which 216 EV's grant him the highest jump point (which could compromise significantly when taking hits or dishing attacks). As such, Putting Bronzong's 248 Special Defense EV's will grant it the highest jump point without even compromising its defensive capabilities.
REPLAYS!

1. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-229027288 - The Debut of Hypnosis Bronzong vs. Iron Chef xMarth
I used Hypnosis Bronzong to great effect since I made its debut in the first season of Iron Chef with its secret ingredient being Kamikaze. In this replay, Bronzong managed to sleep Florges which gave Linoone the green light to 6-0 the whole team.
2. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-226223663 - vs. Lindomar during the Pidgeot Suspect Meta
Bronzong's Hypnosis connected against his lead Empoleon early-game, disarming him until the end of the game. As Empoleon came back in several turns after, Chandelure's Memento has connected, which gave the last Pokemon, Linoone, the finishing touches.

3. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-323145059 - Revival of the old Iron Chef team vs. Manipulative in an Iron Chef match
As I brought back my old team from the grave, this is one of the most recent teams I used, and lo, it could still work with the right circumstances. Anyway, this battle featured Bronzong putting Snorlax and, then, Doublade to sleep, which gave ample time for Chandelure and Cloyster, respectively, to KO those Pokemon.

Accidentally posted this in the Creative and Underrated Movesets thread, meant for it to go here.

Bronzong @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Trick
- Stealth Rock

Choice band gives it the oomph to flat out kill many of the pokemon it checks, and can also catch some of its common switch-ins by surprise. Trick allows it to be useful vs stall and cripple water types that may want to switch in. I like putting stealth rock in since if you happen to be against another stealth rocking lead that you don't do much damage to (see: donphan, mega-steelix), being able to choose to trick+SR or just SR and switch to keep up the bluff gives this set great utility.

252+ Atk Choice Band Bronzong Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Sceptile: 394-465 (139.7 - 164.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Bronzong Gyro Ball (130 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 325-384 (98.1 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Bronzong Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 248 HP / 60 Def Crobat: 348-411 (93.2 - 110.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Bronzong Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Entei: 316-374 (85.1 - 100.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Bronzong Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 308-364 (82.7 - 97.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

r0ady

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heal Block
- Gyro Ball / Iron Head
- Toxic
- Protect / Earthquake

Heal Block makes Bronzong deal with CM Psychics a lot better, being able to stop WishTect and RestTalk variants. it beats Cresselia, CM Florges, and (kind of) shuts down CroCune.
Eww, Bronzong is so linear. Its best sets all basically have 3 of the same moves then just a utility move of choice. I thought screens for a sec but it's outclassed. Why R0ady, why? :/ I'll give it a go though. It's special enough to warrant its own set I believe.

Gravity 'Zong

DrugsRGood (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
(IVs: 0 Spe)
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Gravity
- Stealth Rock

No it's not a joke, just so happens that Bronzong does illegal things this is the optimal set. If you watched replays when I tested Gravity Porygon2, you saw this set. The premise is to provide Gravity support, and Bronzong is the most reliable setter in UU. Bronzong's coverage with EQ is now much better, although it must give up Levitate. But that's ok, because Heatproof just removes its Fire weakness instead and halves burn chip damage. The cool thing is that nothing will use EQ on Zong until Gravity is revealed, and many things will take a lot of damage thinking they can kill it with Fire. The other 3 moves on the set need not be explained.

EV spread is standard for bulk and tankiness. Gravity can be used offensively to spam powerful moves and strengthen Spikes or defensively with Spikes. Partners include Porygon2/-Z, Krookodile, Donphan, Chesnaught, and Goodra. The Nidos get a special mention because they can fire off Earth Power more easily as well as use upgraded moves like Blizzard, Thunder, or Focus Blast to hit harder.

Dual Screens Lead Zong

Bronzong @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD or 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Atk
Sassy or Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock/Trick Room
- Gyro Ball/Explosion
- Light Screen
- Reflect
Bronzong has always worked as a great lead with its amazing typing, many resists, and great support options. It is also one of the few viable mons in uu to get stealth rock and dual screens. Dual screens provides great support for many different mons allowing them to set up after bronzong has done its job setting up rocks and dies off. Depending on your team, you can use stealth rock if you are running a more HO squad with a lot of faster set up sweepers like lucario or you just want hazards or you can use Trick Room and pair it with other mons that can abuse trick room or can help get set up under trick room and screens, such as, sd daunt, reuniclus or rhyperior to name just a few. The choice between Gyro Ball or Explosion is basically if you want just momentum and one large damaging attack that may let you take out something you otherwise may not vs something that allows bronzong to take advantage of what its set up on its own and you also want an attacking move so you aren't complete taunt bait. Evs are just standard defensive bronzong. They could be changed from spdef to attack and nature to brave if running trick room or you want to be more offensive. Overall this bronzong set makes a great lead for HO and trick room offense alike as screens allow for bronzong to really shine as its spot for a lead and support mon.
I present to you, Bronzong's standard defensive set, with a little nifty move over a more common status move--Hypnosis.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hypnosis
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

Question: Why Hypnosis over Toxic?
While it could successively miss due to is 60% chance of hitting, I prefer to choose Hypnosis over Toxic because Hypnosis puts one Pokemon to Sleep, disarming that Pokemon for a period of time, giving some of my Pokemon ample time to set-up.

Question: What is with the 248 Special Defense EV's?
This is one instance of having a Pokemon with a base stat not divisible by 5, which 216 EV's grant him the highest jump point (which could compromise significantly when taking hits or dishing attacks). As such, Putting Bronzong's 248 Special Defense EV's will grant it the highest jump point without even compromising its defensive capabilities.
REPLAYS!

1. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-229027288 - The Debut of Hypnosis Bronzong vs. Iron Chef xMarth
I used Hypnosis Bronzong to great effect since I made its debut in the first season of Iron Chef with its secret ingredient being Kamikaze. In this replay, Bronzong managed to sleep Florges which gave Linoone the green light to 6-0 the whole team.
2. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-226223663 - vs. Lindomar during the Pidgeot Suspect Meta
Bronzong's Hypnosis connected against his lead Empoleon early-game, disarming him until the end of the game. As Empoleon came back in several turns after, Chandelure's Memento has connected, which gave the last Pokemon, Linoone, the finishing touches.
3. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-323145059 - Revival of the old Iron Chef team vs. Manipulative in an Iron Chef match
As I brought back my old team from the grave, this is one of the most recent teams I used, and lo, it could still work with the right circumstances. Anyway, this battle featured Bronzong putting Snorlax and, then, Doublade to sleep, which gave ample time for Chandelure and Cloyster, respectively, to KO those Pokemon.
Accidentally posted this in the Creative and Underrated Movesets thread, meant for it to go here.

Bronzong @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Trick
- Stealth Rock

Choice band gives it the oomph to flat out kill many of the pokemon it checks, and can also catch some of its common switch-ins by surprise. Trick allows it to be useful vs stall and cripple water types that may want to switch in. I like putting stealth rock in since if you happen to be against another stealth rocking lead that you don't do much damage to (see: donphan, mega-steelix), being able to choose to trick+SR or just SR and switch to keep up the bluff gives this set great utility.

252+ Atk Choice Band Bronzong Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Sceptile: 394-465 (139.7 - 164.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Bronzong Gyro Ball (130 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 325-384 (98.1 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Bronzong Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 248 HP / 60 Def Crobat: 348-411 (93.2 - 110.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Bronzong Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Entei: 316-374 (85.1 - 100.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Bronzong Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 308-364 (82.7 - 97.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

k vote
clarion

Camo pumpkin- I don't know if I'd run sr on it but tricking a choice band onto mons expecting a passive screens/ hazard setter just seems so juicy

r0ady

upload_2016-2-9_15-11-50.png

toxicroak is next! you have until Saturday 8pm est to post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)