ORAS UU: The Next Best Thing V2 (Toxicroak - Submission Stage)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MixDra

Goodra @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 212 Atk / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Mild Nature
- Iron Tail / Superpower
- Power Whip
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake / Fire Blast

This is an awesome mixed set that just obliterates a lot of what can even check Goodra. Iron Tail allows it to nail shit like Florges and Whimsicott, Power Whips lets it hit Suicune and the likes for solid damage, Draco Meteor is the real prize as it does a ton of damage to phsycal walls which would be a hasty response to seeing a Goodra pull of PWhip or ITail. The last slot is pretty much up to preference. If you want to hit Empoleon EQ is what you'd want. Being able to 2HKO Mega Aggron and not resort to Draco for Rotom-C or Shaymin Fire Blast is what you want. Superpower can be used to beat Blissey as well.

shoutout to my nigga AD impish john for Superpower

Last edited:

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
MixDra

Goodra @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Iron Tail
- Power Whip
- Draco Meteor

This is an awesome mixed set that just obliterates a lot of what can even check Goodra. Iron Tail allows it to nail shit like Florges and Whimsicott, Power Whips lets it hit Suicune and the likes for solid damage, Draco Meteor is the real prize as it does a ton of damage to phsycal walls which would be a hasty response to seeing a Goodra pull of PWhip or ITail. The last slot is pretty much up to preference. If you want to hit Empoleon EQ is what you'd want. Being able to 2HKO Mega Aggron and not resort to Draco for Rotom-C or Shaymin Fire Blast is what you want.
I was just about to make a post on this, lol. I've used this set before to beat Stall, the only difference is that I used Superpower over Iron Tail to lure and beat Blissey.

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Curse Goodra

Goodra @ Leftovers / Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk / Earthquake / Iron Tail
- Dragon Tail

This right here is an attempt to turn Goodra into a win condition, like some kind of bulky Snorlax-esque sweeper. To me, it seems like it would fit on more defensive balance or stall builds thanks to Goodra's stupid special bulk, which allows it to wall or at least check a whole bunch of special attackers, including Mega Blastoise, Shaymin, Heliolisk, Roserade, and much more. Sap Sipper allows it to set up on even more Pokemon, rendering it completely immune to leech seed and sleep powder, among other things.

This set is extremely experimental. I was going for a RestTalk-type set to give Goodra as much longevity as possible, but I think that this set could work with different moves as well. Dragon Tail is there to discourage other sweepers from beating you down (namely Suicune), but like I said, there are numerous options, including Chesto Berry to make recovery less inconvenient and Iron Tail and Earthquake to hit some would-be checks to this set, like Fairy-types. Sorry, I just had to swoop in and grab this set first, because I think it's pretty cool.

Overall, like I said, this could make a nice stall wincon. With the EVs dumped into Defense and HP, it can tank some Fire moves, making Steel-types like Doublade, Mega Aggron, and Bronzong great partners. Dragon Tail works well with hazards, so Spikes and Toxic Spikes users like Roserade, Tentacruel, Forretress, and Qwilfish all work great with Goodra, especially since all of those resist Fairy-type moves.

SubToxic Goodra

Goodra @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 40 SpA / 220 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse

SubToxic is a pretty fun set that allows Goodra to break through some special walls like Porygon2 and Umbreon while forcing out special attackers. The specially defensive spread allows it to keep its Substitute against certain special attackers such as non-Ice Beam Mega Blastoise, defensive Porygon2, Heliolisk, Roserade, defensive Nidoqueen and most bulky Waters. The set is best used as a specially bulky pivot for balance and stall teams, taking hits and spreading poison.
HelmetRest Goodra

Goodra @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Dragon Breath
- Ice Beam/Thunderbolt
- Rest

The general idea is simple: take physical hits lowering the Spe of your opponent (thus supporting your teammates) while dealing cheap damage and use Rest when you are at low health.
The other three moves are here for coverage even Dragon Breath -redundant with Ice Beam- but that chance of paralysis is nice.

44 Speed EVs allow Goodra to outspeed uninvested 85 base Speed Pokemon such as Gligar, Suicune, and Cresselia; the remaing ones are put in the bulk.
MixDra

Goodra @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Iron Tail / Superpower
- Power Whip
- Draco Meteor

This is an awesome mixed set that just obliterates a lot of what can even check Goodra. Iron Tail allows it to nail shit like Florges and Whimsicott, Power Whips lets it hit Suicune and the likes for solid damage, Draco Meteor is the real prize as it does a ton of damage to phsycal walls which would be a hasty response to seeing a Goodra pull of PWhip or ITail. The last slot is pretty much up to preference. If you want to hit Empoleon EQ is what you'd want. Being able to 2HKO Mega Aggron and not resort to Draco for Rotom-C or Shaymin Fire Blast is what you want. Superpower can be used to beat Blissey as well.

shoutout to my nigga AD impish john for Superpower
my bad guys rly need to set a timer for this
haymakers set wont be counted this round

my votes for kidmagic (cactrune would have got mine if his evs made sense or if hed explain them D:)

Last edited:
Oh I'm terribly sorry, Cactrune, didn't see your set posted or I wouldn't have done that. And when you said "my submission is basically this except with a different spread," I thought you meant you were going to post it until you saw mine. Sorry guys, totally overlooked it when I was on my phone. (But great minds think alike, eh? Try my EV spread sometime)

I love SubToxic, and mixed isn't that great imo; I'd rather use Salamence soooo Jaguar360

r0ady

KidMagic takes this week n_n

next up....
upload_2016-1-19_10-21-46.png

This dangerous deer has been overshadowed by its steel type brother for a long time now. Virizion boasts insane spdef and a very nice speed tier and makes up for its lack of offenses with tons of set up moves. Submissions end Friday 8pm est.

Defensive utility Virizion

Virizion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Toxic

Here we have tank Virizion with the EVs all in the physical bulk which is underwhelming when not invested (this is a simple EVs spread); probably there are better benchmarks but the idea is to tank even some powerful neutral physical hits.
I choose to use the dual special STABs to avoid the detrimental effect of burn which halves the Atk of the targeted pokemon. Toxic is a move I really like because it hits many checks/counters (i.e. Fire types) and it wears down quickly even defensive pokemons. Taunt is for utility towards -mainly- boosting moves or status: Virizion is ruined if hit by Toxic.

Last edited:
DaSpoofy's Stallbreaker Virizion!

Jabba (Virizion) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe *
Careful Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Synthesis

This set is originally created by great user DaSpoofy, RIP. Altho he came up with this before all those new drops, it is still a great all around mon, which can now work as a check to Crawdaunt as well. Taunt + Toxic + Synth = wins. Virizion has a great special bulk, which allows it to take hits like Floges' Moonblast and MegaToise Ice Beam, and stall them to death. As a stallbraker, it works great on balance teams as a secondary sp. wall and a win condition, after its few checks are taken down.

Calcs:
0 SpA Florges Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Virizion: 134-162 (34.7 - 41.9%) -- 78.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Mega Blastoise Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Virizion: 136-160 (35.2 - 41.4%) -- 73.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Virizion: 164-192 (42.4 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Virizion: 161-192 (41.8 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

*made some EV changes after The Haymaker suggestion. 248 HP is a leftover number

Last edited:
Reserving Work Up Virizion

Virizion @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty / Naive Nature
- Work Up
- Giga Drain
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge / Synthesis / Zen Headbutt

I came up with the idea for this set when I was using Growth Abomasnow one time, and I was thinking about how convenient it was that burns didn't bother it all that much. I applied this same concept to Virizion, which can check most of the Water-types in UU using this set.

Work Up and Giga Drain are definitely two unorthodox moves compared to the other ones on this set, and they each have their purposes. Work Up, as you may know, boosts both attacking stats, allowing Virizion to pose a threat on either side of the spectrum. Special walls that don't have issues with the CM set are hit hard by a Close Combat, and any bulky Water-types fishing for a Scald Burn are going to dislike taking a Giga Drain to the face. This spread still goes in the direction of a physical sweeper, with Giga Drain intended as more of a backup plan in case you have to face something like Suicune or Sableye, both of which will try to burn you. Giga Drain's main targets are passive Water Pokemon that Virizion can outlast, so I wasn't as worried about its damage output on the special side. The final move on this set is up to you; in this metagame, I would personally run Stone Edge for Zapdos and Gyarados, among others, but Synthesis can potentially give you a better matchup against bulkier teams and Zen Headbutt can hit Poison and Fighting-types, so pick whichever suits your team.

Good teammates include 'mons that can take advantage of having bulky Water-types removed. Fire-types like Chandelure and Entei can put pressure on opposing teams while benefitting from Virizion's ability to switch into Water-types. Psychic-types appreciate its ability to check most Dark-type 'mons, and Rock-types provide useful resistances while also appreciating the removal of Water-types. Virizion is more of a team player than you might think.

I hope you appreciated my explanation for this set. Vote for Work Up Virizion and your children will never go hungry again.

Last edited:
malinowski Cool set, but just one suggestion. I'd go for at least 36 Spe EVs to creep standard Slurpuff and max Speed Adamant Gyarados to Taunt them before the Belly Drum/Dragon Dance. 40 EVs lets you creep Jolly Mega Swampert, Timid Hoopa, and Naive Cloyster, although those are all fairly uncommon.

r0ady

Defensive utility Virizion

Virizion @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Toxic

Here we have tank Virizion with the EVs all in the physical bulk which is underwhelming when not invested (this is a simple EVs spread); probably there are better benchmarks but the idea is to tank even some powerful neutral physical hits.
I choose to use the dual special STABs to avoid the detrimental effect of burn which halves the Atk of the targeted pokemon. Toxic is a move I really like because it hits many checks/counters (i.e. Fire types) and it wears down quickly even defensive pokemons. Taunt is for utility towards -mainly- boosting moves or status: Virizion is ruined if hit by Toxic.
DaSpoofy's Stallbreaker Virizion!

Jabba (Virizion) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe *
Careful Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Synthesis

This set is originally created by great user DaSpoofy, RIP. Altho he came up with this before all those new drops, it is still a great all around mon, which can now work as a check to Crawdaunt as well. Taunt + Toxic + Synth = wins. Virizion has a great special bulk, which allows it to take hits like Floges' Moonblast and MegaToise Ice Beam, and stall them to death. As a stallbraker, it works great on balance teams as a secondary sp. wall and a win condition, after its few checks are taken down.

Calcs:
0 SpA Florges Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Virizion: 134-162 (34.7 - 41.9%) -- 78.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Mega Blastoise Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Virizion: 136-160 (35.2 - 41.4%) -- 73.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Virizion: 164-192 (42.4 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 248 HP / 224+ SpD Virizion: 161-192 (41.8 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

*made some EV changes after The Haymaker suggestion. 248 HP is a leftover number
Reserving Work Up Virizion

Virizion @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty / Naive Nature
- Work Up
- Giga Drain
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge / Synthesis / Zen Headbutt

I came up with the idea for this set when I was using Growth Abomasnow one time, and I was thinking about how convenient it was that burns didn't bother it all that much. I applied this same concept to Virizion, which can check most of the Water-types in UU using this set.

Work Up and Giga Drain are definitely two unorthodox moves compared to the other ones on this set, and they each have their purposes. Work Up, as you may know, boosts both attacking stats, allowing Virizion to pose a threat on either side of the spectrum. Special walls that don't have issues with the CM set are hit hard by a Close Combat, and any bulky Water-types fishing for a Scald Burn are going to dislike taking a Giga Drain to the face. This spread still goes in the direction of a physical sweeper, with Giga Drain intended as more of a backup plan in case you have to face something like Suicune or Sableye, both of which will try to burn you. Giga Drain's main targets are passive Water Pokemon that Virizion can outlast, so I wasn't as worried about its damage output on the special side. The final move on this set is up to you; in this metagame, I would personally run Stone Edge for Zapdos and Gyarados, among others, but Synthesis can potentially give you a better matchup against bulkier teams and Zen Headbutt can hit Poison and Fighting-types, so pick whichever suits your team.

Good teammates include 'mons that can take advantage of having bulky Water-types removed. Fire-types like Chandelure and Entei can put pressure on opposing teams while benefitting from Virizion's ability to switch into Water-types. Psychic-types appreciate its ability to check most Dark-type 'mons, and Rock-types provide useful resistances while also appreciating the removal of Water-types. Virizion is more of a team player than you might think.

I hope you appreciated my explanation for this set. Vote for Work Up Virizion and your children will never go hungry again.

vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)