ORAS UU Type Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kokoloko

Healing Wish is awesome, and I was sad not to see tailwind as at least a slash on the whimsicott cores :(

I'd totally vote for koko's core if that shamin wasn't scarfed (screams internally) because I'm a HW whore.

As is gonna vote for spoofys semi standard RU core, because mcamel and quilfish are both really cool guys who get nowhere near enough usage.

(@ spoofy there's a pretty rad AV tangy spread lurking in the rmt forum in a RU thread, hell if I remember where but I hate av with a passion and it still looked pretty swag to me)

Edit: found it

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast

This seems like a pretty easy spread/set to tweak for UU play and you're tangrowth man, so just some food for thought here.

Last edited:

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor

Mega-Sharpedo
Amoongus
Rotom-Heat

This is a pretty good core I came up with last week as I was team building around Mega-Sharpedo. I know its a little late, but I felt like I wanted to show this core

Amoongus is the perfect partner for Sharpedo as it resists all of its weaknesses, including Electric, Fighting, Fairy, and Grass, with a neutrality to bug. Amoongus can also let Sharpedo set up with Spore, and carry some offensive pressure with Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb and get rid of offensive set up sweepers with Foul play. Rotom-Heat is also a important part of this core, as it provides momentum and can assist in statusing the opponets team. It has a massive overheat that hits many pokemon for insane damage, and runs will-o-wisp for crippling physical threats, or thunder wave for slowing down speedy threats, but nothing much out speeds sharpedo with a speed boost. Rotom Heat also resists bug, which is a weakness to Sharpedo and Amoongus, as well as having levitate for an immunity. Pretty standard sets, but they have great synergy

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature Or Jolly
- Protect
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Foul Play/Toxic

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

~LittleRunnerXC

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
So that's it for voting on the
core! YABO wins with 8 votes with his Chandelure/Qwilfish/Mega Sceptile core and Omfuga gets runner-up with his Arcanine/Empoleon/Rotom-C core, so they'll both get a place in the Hall of Fame. Grats to those two and honorable mentions to everyone that participated!

This weeks core will be
Remember you can submit cores until Friday n_n

Last edited:

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
.+.
.+.

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Stun Spore
- U-turn

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Roost

This is a cool core I use on a lot of my balance teams. The three really cover each other's weaknesses well; Shuca Berry Cobalion checks Mega Beedrill and KO's fairies for Hydreigon, Taunt LO Hydreigon weakens bulky waters and eliminates Doublade for Cobalion, and Whimsicott provides a nice fighting resist and acts as a failsafe against most set up sweepers through Prankster Encore and Stun Spore, the former giving Hydreigon and Cobalion free turns to set up or attack, and the latter making a late game sweep much easier. Since neither Hydreigon and Cobalion a The core also excels at getting and keeping hazards up. Cobalion can set up hazards against a large portion of the meta due to its great natural bulk and defensive typing, while Hydreigon can Taunt most common defoggers (Empoleon, Mandibuzz, Gligar) and KO most spinners (Mega Blastoise, Forretress, Tentacruel) after a bit of prior damage. The core obviously doesn't account for everything, but it is a great base to build upon!

Last edited:
+
+

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock/Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Dragon Tail/Thunderbolt

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Synthesis/Calm Mind
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Core I used that fits well with both balance and semi stall. The three cover each other's weaknesses with none of them sharing a weakness and all being pretty bulky. Assault Vest Goodra makes an excellent special tank soaking up hits for Ferrotress and forcing switches with Dragon Tail to rack up hazard damage. Thunderbolt can be used instead if the team has issues with bulky Water types. Ferrotress makes the defensive backbone covering weaknesses of both Florges and Goodra as well as setting and removing hazards. Spikes can be used over Stealth Rock if another member is already carrying it and it's slow Volt Switch allows Florges and Goodra to switch in without take damage. Florges finishes this core being extremely helping in removing status which troubles the core as well as healing off prior damage with Wish giving Goodra and Forretress more opportunities to switch in. Synthesis can be switch out with Calm Mindif you want to give it a more offense nature. Assault Vest Goodra also gives Florges some breathing room on the special side allowing it to run a Bold nature with max Defense. With the default setup this team isn't very strong offensively and will need added power from other team mates if not used on semi stall. Suicune makes a good partner with Goodra scaring off Grass types letting it switch in to start boosting with Calm Mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: rs

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Return
- Drain Punch
- Play Rough

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak

This core basically aims to support a Slurpuff sweep. We should all know what Slurpuff does by now so moving on. Hydreigon can remove / weaken most of the checks and counters to Slurpuff and prevent the defensive answers from recovering thanks to Taunt. Such answers include Mega Aggron (weakened), Forretress (weakened), Doublade (removed), and Entei (pivoting into it is hard but Draco fucking removes the shit out of it). Doublade rounds off the core by being able to take care of Whimsicott, provide amazing synergy with Hydreigon, pivot into Fighting-types more easily and also act as your own Slurpuff counter among a host of other things.

Last edited:

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Drill Run
- Pursuit

Escavalier is a pretty good mon paired with Florges, because he can destroy some threats especially the Assault Vest. He can defeat Tentacruel, Nidoking/queen (unless fire blast), Dragalge &cie... paired with Salamence Intimidate, they can just defeat easily some threats of the current UU. And with Pursuit, Escavalier can deal some damages to Reuniclus because Reuniclus never stay on him, and without pursuit, Reuncilus can more easily pressure the two others members of this core.

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Protect
- Moonblast

Florges can support the 2 others membres of this core with Wish, he can help Escavalier, because he don't have any recovery, and with Aromatherapy, it's for some paralizies, burn who can defeat the two offensive mon.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Defog

Salamence is here to do a huge amount of damages. He can pressure mons like Cobalion, Krookodile &cie who are some huge threats for this core. Defog is really helpful her because even with wish, Escavalier with the lack of recovery is easily pressured by some mon if there is sr and/or a layer of spikes.

_____

Overall, this core looks like a pretty common D/F/S, but there are some possibility with the set of each mons, it's for that i pretty like this core.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)