ORAS UU Type Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

+

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse

+

Azelf @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball

OK so basically this core aims to have two setup sweepers that support each other to ensure one or the other sweeps while a breaker is there to facilitate defensive synergy as well as aiding both in their endeavor.

First up, Cobalion. Cobalion provides a nice switch-in for Rock-types, and Dark-types among other things but it's mainly here for its sweeping potential and to act as a solid Mamoswine check. I chose a Stone Edge variant as this helped remove the ubiquitous Entei, as well as Salamence, which troubles the core somewhat. It also helps Cobalion remove the pressure on Hydreigon to deal with Chandelure.

Now, onto the main man himself, Hydreigon. I fucking love my Hydreigon lol, it's on most of my offense teams nowadays, and for good reason. On this specific core, however, it helps deal with Choice Scarf Chandelure, Swampert, Suicune, and the like. It's mainly here to simply act as good defensive utility for Scald and Fire-type attacks among other things but it also helps weaken the opposing team immensely, as well as ensure the opposing walls aren't able to recover any of their HP.

Lastly, Azelf. This Pokemon is a monster when it comes to sweeping from the special spectrum. The Nasty Plot set is extremely threatening and most things that stops the sweep are taken care of by other members (i.e Sucker Punch users, ExtremeSpeed users, Umbreon). Azelf has Energy Ball so that it can remove Swampert for Cobalion while also weakening Suicune and other bulky Water-types without the need to go into Hydreigon. Azelf also provides Ground-immunity alongside Hydreigon to pivot easier against the likes of Nidoqueen etc.

Now, as a final note. While it may seem like Hydreigon's just here to help the other two, those two also help Hydreigon break through stall by removing Florges (Cobalion Iron Head or +2 Azelf Psyshock), Blissey (Cobalion CC or +2 Azelf Psyshock), etc. Overall this is a very cool offensive core that's pretty fun to use.

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Pursuit

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight
- Moonblast
- Lunar Dance

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SpD / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Sacred Sword

The idea of this core is for Honchkrow to take as many lives as possible using the support from Cress and Cobalion. Cobalion sets up rocks to set up OHKOs or soften up mons while also serving as a pivot to switch into Honch or another mon when Cobalion's check switches in. Toxic is there to cripple fatmons like Slowking, RK9, force Cune to rest, etc but T-Wave can be used to slow down mons for Honch. Cress is the blankt check fat piece of garbage that prevents the core from being shredded by anything Cobalion can't handle. In one slot it checks, Shao, Infernape, Nidos, Salamence, Cobalion if no sub, Lucario, and the list goes on and on and on. Furthermore, T-Wave support is $$$ since as you know Honch is slooooooow so T-Waving mons that outspeed makes life easy. Lunar dance support from Cress is great since it mitigates the recoil problem that plagues Honchkrow. I choose to run triple dark STAB and Brave Bird because Doublade is much more of a problem to this core than Emp is so having Dark Pulse acts as a great lure. Pursuit's utility in trapping fatmons is too good to pass up as well, and Sucker +BBird are mandatory.

The core needs hazard removal support, a Water check, Fire check, ground type (not mandatory but voltturn is a pain w/o one), and other wallbreakers/set up sweepers since this core only has one mon that actually deals damage and it can only switch into an immunity. Another sweeper is great since it removes offensive pressure on Honch to break stuff and Cress can heal either one. The S rank Dragons in particular make great partners (when do they not tbh) due to resisting fire, water, and Mence can defog while also acting as wallbreakers. Bat is a great defogging partner as well giving a Fairy resist that Mence cannot provide, but it trades the Fire + Water resist.

Last edited:

ponponyo

formerly ssunbae
Reserving Cresselia+Mega-Sharpedo+Chesnaught

+
+

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic / Hidden Power Fire
- Moonlight
- Thunder Wave

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Hydro Pump

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield
- Drain Punch
- Wood Hammer

First of all I wanted to build a core around Mega-Sharpedo and I think these two mons work well with him.

Chesnaught's main job in this core is to setup spikes for Sharpedo to sweep in the late game, it also can check Hydreigon, neutralize water-type mons (which is a problem to Sharpedo) and restore his HP with Drain Punch.

Cresselia is mainly used to check fighting-type pokémon, also to tank mach punchs which are always coming to Sharpedo's face. You can also use HP Fire to kill Forretress and Ferroseed.

Sharpedo is the main pokémon of the core, not too much to see here, Crunch hits super hard, Ice Fang to hit dragons such as Salamence and Hydro Pump to hit physical walls such as Arcanine and Donphan

If you want to build a team with this core it's recommended to use a spinblocker, Chandelure is good.

Last edited:

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
Hoopa-C, Cobalion and Hydreigon
This core focuses on Hoopa-C, an underrated Pokemon of the UU tier, getting most of the protection it needs to survive the Dark and Ghost type (Pokemon and Moves) that are predominant in this tier.

Hoopa-Confined @ Sitrus Berry / Focus Sash
Ability: Magician
EVs: 100 HP / 156 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hyperspace Hole / Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt / Energy Ball

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
- U-Turn
- Coverage Move of your choice
(Surf, Fire Blast, Flash Cannon, etc.)

Hoopa's purpose in this team is to basically to weaken bulky, physically defensive Pokemon, while having some bulk itself to take a few hits. Sitrus Berry and Focus Sash activates Magician so it is able to steal its opponent's item after Hoopa's own item is consumed. Focus Sash is basically used to survive 1 hit from a Dark or Ghost type move and then Hoopa can potentially take them out while taking their item (Not very useful especially since Hoopa will most likely be at 1 HP but, it's something!). A 156 investment in Def and a 100 investment into HP helps Hoopa take physical moves relatively well after it gets its new item. Hyperspace Hole and Psychic are one of Hoopa's main stab moves that help take down the Fighting types and Cobalion are weak to. The main difference between these 2 moves are Psychic has a higher base power (90) then Hyperspace Hole (80). Shadow Ball is the secondary stab move that is able to attack the Psychic and dual Ghost types that Cobalion cannot do much to, it also helps attack the other Ghost types that threaten it. Focus Blast is very helpful for the Dark types that threaten Hoopa (if they don't out speed it) and also Steel types. Lastly, these last few moves are basically coverage for Hoopa. Thunderbolt attacks the bulky Water types (Milotic, Suicune, Alomomola) Cobalion and Hydreigon can't do anything to; Energy Ball attacks the Ground types Cobalion is weak to.

Cobalion's purpose is to cripple anything that outspeeds both and Hoopa with Thunder Wave while being able to take down some specially defensive walls and take hits from the Dark types that Hoopa does not like. Thunder Wave, as mentioned before, cripples almost everything that outspeeds Hoopa (except Krookodile). Stealth Rock breaks all sashes and also increases the sweeping potential of Hoopa. Close Combat deals with Dark types and also specially defensive walls such as Snorlax and Blissey, it is also a way to deal with Porygon2 since Hydreigon can't deal with that crap, meanwhile, it is Cobalion's main stab move. Iron Head deals with the Fairy and Ice types that counter Hydreigon and provides a secondary stab move.

Hydreigon's purpose on this team is to deal with the faster Psychic/Ghost types that can outspeed and OHKO Hoopa and also really fast offensive Pokemon (Mega-Sceptile, Noivern, Krookodile) that can easily take out Cobalion while being a pivot into Hoopa so it can stay safe. Choice Scarf allows Hydreigon to outspeed the majority of this tier, combined with its high SpA stat, it has the power to take out anything (except fairies lol). Draco Meteor is Hydreigon's strongest stab move, it takes out Pokemon that outspeed and could possibly OHKO Cobalion and Hoopa such as Krookodile, Chandelure, and Darmanitan. Dark Pulse is mostly for coverage against Psychic and Ghost types that outspeed Hoopa, it also acts as a secondary stab move to finish off low health Pokemon. U-Turn makes Hydreigon a pivot into Hoopa, giving Hoopa a safer way to switch in, especially if it switches into a Fighting-type Pokemon. Lastly, any coverage move is viable for the last slot, it really depends what kind of coverage the other members of your team requires.

Since no core is perfect... Here are the flaws of this one

Pursuit Trappers- There is honestly no way, that I can think of, around this, until Hoopa gets U-Turn or Baton Pass, there is no way to get out of the Pursuit trap. (Literally Hoopa goes through holes in space to escape... so not sure why Nintendo didn't give a move like that to him, yes I know Hyperspace Hole exists)

Faster Pokemon with Choice Scarfs- Pokemon like Salamence and Infernape out speed Hydreigon and can OHKO it with their stab moves, if and only if they have a Choice Scarf of their own.

Mienshao in General- Knock Off destroys Hoopa and High Jump Kick destroys Cobalion and Hydreigon (if it's Scarfed)

Can't think of anymore sooo yeah
This took too much thinking lol...​

Last edited:

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Alright guys, time for voting on the
cores! To vote just post the user of the core you're voting for. Good luck! :]
P.S. LetMeShine- kokoloko Ununhexium please try to finish your cores after reserving them D: I'll allow it this one time though, you're also more than welcome to edit your posts during the voting period.

Thisbemyalt:

LetMeShine-:

Aquadext:

ShiningFire08:

Goodra:

NotAGymLdr:

dodmen:

DaSpoofy:

YABO:

Valentine:

LittleRunnerXC:

Ununhexium:

iWanka:

Dylannn:

NV:

Kreme:

Do A Bibarel:

IAN IS LEGENDARY:

Twerkerella:

Fighting

Psychic

Dark

I'm actually going to vote this week since there's so many submissions, my vote goes to iWanka

Last edited:

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I completely forgot tbh please remove my submission this week as I didn't even have a chance to build around it lol

tbh I'm thinking mega shark over mega absol is better anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)