Orugos's art thread- pretty hiatus-y for now sorry!

Every one of your drawings are done with such quality and style. About how long does it take for you to complete a piece?

And why in the world didn't you make a MAC submission? I'm sure you would have had a very powerful entry!

blue: I wanted to enter the mac, but I was pretty stumped, and then i forgot about it :c thats twice now, so next month definitely.

here's a dick tracy gengar

and a tiny gengar

sorry I've been doing more recent requests lately instead of old ones, I'll get back on track now :X

How long does it take to do one of these?

EDIT: I know youre not going to start the mr. mime anytime soon, but can you at least put it o the request list?

This is clearly the best art thread on Smogon, you should make sure to post your art elsewhere, like Deviantart, so you can get more recognition. (Oh and if you post it on Deviantart, use a watermark.)

The Dusnkoir is stunning, it's obvious that you put a lot of work into it, without even having to look at the multiple steps in the process.

And I know you have a lot of requests, but I guess it's always good to have multiple suggestions to choose from, (and this is a very complex request but I thought you might be interested, especially if you're considering entering an art contest,) so I request a picture of the multiple Rotom appliances in a home setting. I can't think of any one room where all appliances could be, so a possible example would be a open-walled kitchen next to a living room with an open door to a garage in the background.

All of the Rotom formes are:
-oven/stove
-washer/dryer
-refrigerator/freezer
-fan
-lawn mower. And if you would like, there's also:
-lightning rod

Keep up the good work

horndrill: it widely varies. sometimes 2 hours, sometimes 8 or 10, or more.

zacc: I have a deviantart, its in my sig :> I've been on there 7 years, and its done little for my recognition (not complaining though). b/c of that, I dont use watermarks. I dont even really sign most of my digital work, though I should...

also I cant really think of a composition that would make that look good either, though its a cool idea. The lawnmower is the most difficult to fit, but what I would do is a double diningroom/kitchen with a fan by the dining table, and an open wash closet for the washing machine. Think Malcolm in the Middle.

Well it would be possible to maybe have an open door to the backyard with Lawnmower Rotom rampaging around, just a suggestion.

I have a deviantart, its in my sig :> I've been on there 7 years, and its done little for my recognition (not complaining though). b/c of that, I dont use watermarks. I dont even really sign most of my digital work, though I should...

also I cant really think of a composition that would make that look good either, though its a cool idea. The lawnmower is the most difficult to fit, but what I would do is a double diningroom/kitchen with a fan by the dining table, and an open wash closet for the washing machine. Think Malcolm in the Middle.
Yeah sorry I didn't see that one. I'm surprised your works like these aren't getting a lot of attention

Well it would be possible to maybe have an open door to the backyard with Lawnmower Rotom rampaging around, just a suggestion.
^This, but maybe with a window instead? I know it's a complex picture, but I think that if you pulled it off it would look fantastic

If the lawn mower is hard to fit normally...

-snip-

Who says it can't be abnormal?
Hahaha

I think the window or back door is a great idea

or koolaiding in

thats cool too

but I think requests are going to be on hold for a while, I might get one done this week but I'm going to DRAGONCON THIS COMING WEEKEND EXCITE

so that with classes leaves not a lot of free time! sorry!

Oh also with DA, I dunno I guess I just dont really draw a lot of popular things? Though my pokemans are drawing some people in. :> DA popularity is a lot different now, its kind of harder to get noticed than 7 years ago. I was a garbage artist back then, but I remember skilled artists stood out on DA that long ago. Now they're everywhere you look, so its harder for people to shine. I'm also not at all involved with any kind of DA community, so I guess that's a big part of it too.

also also: I know I go in tangents a lot, but I wanted to drop this link for fellow artists because mushroom are awesome
http://www.kingdomoffungi.com/db/ab-index.php
I spent like 8 hours looking at these all in one sitting, and I visit that page frequently to look at some of them sometimes. Life is amazing :>

THINK OF ALL THE COOL PARAS VARIATIONS GUISE

giggity: there's a list of requests in the first post and I update it every so often, and typically just go straight down so it'll be a while before I get there .__.

I update the list kind of infrequently but I do add every request :>

Ghost: what about orlando?
Oh haha sorry to swamp you =x Everything you have done thus far looks really great, though!

Has teddiursa been requested yet?
If not can you make a tediursa being shocked by an ampharos when they hold hands?
Cutelike? :D

On a different note.. Do you consider commissions?
I can pm you info. :D

I'm not sure if you got my PM, so I'm re-posting it here.

I need your help. Ya see, I really want to make a sprite of Heatran for the Pokemon Amethyst Project. The thing is, I can't seem to find a picture 'square' enough for the pixel-over. Would I trouble you by asking if you could make a Heatran standing on its hind legs and roaring? It doesn't have to be that detailed texture-wise or shading-wise, but it has to be fairly large and it should fit snugly in a square. It doesn't even need a background. Thanks for reading! Thanks again if you make this!

As long as it's done before someone else decides to do Heatran, when you get to it doesn't really matter. Get some of your earlier requests done first, ok.

EDIT: If Heatran is too hard to draw, I could also use pictures of Hail or Rain Castform.

Hi Orugos, nice artworks you have there :D

You know most pics of
depicts it standing up, what do you think of having Groudon lying down on all fours (lower than this
) maybe in its deep slumber perhaps?

I know you don't like 3rd gen mascots but I'm curios what Groudon would look like lying flat on its belly :P

Aw man, I've been waiting a while for the queue to clear up so I could request something, but looks like the requests keep on coming, so I might as well put in a request. Goes to show how good of an artist you are if people keep requesting. :D I'd like to request a Giratina-O. Thanks Orugos!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)