1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Project Other Metagame of the Month [Month 17 Voting Open @ Post #1239]

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by Arcticblast, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Joim

Joim All promises become a lie, all that's bening corrups in time
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Tomorrow CEST morning I'll implement and add Budgetmons to the server.
    Arcticblast likes this.
  2. Joim

is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Announcement: This has been the last voting on gen 5. Given the upcoming of Gen 6 and reorganisation, we aren't holding a new OMotM until Gen 6 OMs is stable. We will hold a last featured Other Meta on September: Ability Exchange, given it was second this last voting.
    Keep it Playful, Kl4ng and Nozzle like this.
  3. Joim

Announcement: we will have a hand-picked OM of the Month for November. Stay tuned, I will edit this post.
    The Eevee General likes this.
  4. Joim

Inverse Battle is the new OMotM. Thread keeps closed since there's no voting as of now. Sorry!
    Arcticblast likes this.
  5. Joim

The new OMotM is XY Sky Battles. We want to spotlight Ninendo's newest Other Metagames while our OMs get into shape on the transition of no pokebank to pokebank and are given time to develop further.
    Qwilphish and Uselesscrab like this.
  6. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Flapper the Zubat = best scramblemon
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

There will be no nomination phase this month due to the lack of metagames to actually nominate. That said, there will indeed be voting! Stay tuned.
    The Immortal and Joim like this.
  7. Arcticblast

is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

ALL RIGHT LET'S FUCKING DO THIS
    yes it's a bit early but HYPE
    All OMotM cooldowns have been reset for X and Y, meaning Ability Exchange and STABmons are a go - but why go in known metas when we can have some uncharted territory?

OMotM Month 9 Voting
    Options:
    - Ability Exchange
    - Averagemons
    - Middle Cup
    - RODAN Cup
    - STABmons

You may vote for one metagame. Please bold your selection to make it easier to count. Vote away!
  8. Fusxfaranto

Fusxfaranto there are many things that need to be erased
    is a Pre-Contributor
    Mentor

9. sparktrain

sparktrain

10. PokemonMasterDebater

PokemonMasterDebater

I was afraid STABmons and Ability Exchange would have to go through OMotM again. I thought the point of having a voting stage was to see what OMs people were interested in playing, meaning it would be pointless to resend already popular OMs through it, because we already know people are interested in playing them. Putting them through the process again will likely make it take longer to get other interesting OMs onto the main server. Whatever, enough of me bitching about certain OMs not getting ladders.
    Averagemons
    4 really good OMs this month. The results will probably be very close.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    The Eevee General likes this.
  11. EJ190

EJ190

Averagemons
    This metagame looks really interesting.
  12. Pikachuun

Pikachuun

Averagemons
    Haven't played it, but love the idea.
  13. The Immortal

The Immortal Administrator of Showdown!
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

14. Joim

Rodan Cup
  15. Mulan15262

Mulan15262

16. The Eevee General

The Eevee General Don't just Stantler there watching me
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

17. Lasagne

Lasagne THE HERO APPEARS
    is a Pre-Contributor
    Mentor

middle cup
  18. AWailOfATail

AWailOfATail

19. copycatcat

copycatcat

20. Kit Kasai

Kit Kasai

Averagemons
  21. toxicroaker

toxicroaker

Why not vote my own supposed to be ladder? (I requested it first, but arcticblast forgot and gave it to someone else Xo)
    Evenstat a.k.a. Avragemons
  22. ArkWelder

ArkWelder

I'm going to hate myself because I'm going to constantly forget that things can go either special or physical or mixed, but AVERAGEMONS
  23. TheBurgerKing99

TheBurgerKing99

Averagemons, and I second what Pokemon Master Debater says about STABmons and AE, since we as a community have both played, and enjoyed those metas, we should get a ladder for them, but at this point they are not new, and if we pick old favorites, new ideas will not get the chance to shine.

Edit: Don't worry toxicroaker, it's the meta that counts, right? (Although I guess it would be cool to be known for such a great meta averagemons will be, and already is. After a day of playing it, it's already one of my favorites.)
  24. Arcticblast

Mentor

Notice how STABmons and Ability Exchange have zero votes between the two of them
  25. -Sparkbeat-

-Sparkbeat- formerly Lunatic Lies

Although I'm a sucker for STABmons, I really want to give Averagemons a shot. STABmons really just needs a permanent 6th gen ladder tbh since it already has an established player base.
    Monte Cristo and Kit Kasai like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)