Other Metagame of the Month Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Technically, Chinchou, I could overrule it and say Offstat

(but then people would be very angry, and as much as I love Offstat this is designed to be a popular vote - you can't really gerrymander Smogon)

Technically, Chinchou, I could overrule it and say Offstat

(but then people would be very angry, and as much as I love Offstat this is designed to be a popular vote - you can't really gerrymander Smogon)
I think you can actually. It's just harder to do without noticing :)

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
aww man, I wanted Offstat to win, but no really point now, since STABmons effectively already has the win :/

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Due to Smogon forums being down and the votation not ending correctly and the fact that STABmons had a problem on PS, this month we'll have Monotype as the OM of the Month. Sorry about the inconveniences, dear users.

EV

Banned deucer.
Just curious why it can't be done? I have offered my help numerous times. From what I've seen there's a working mod on Amethyst's server. If BH and Tier Shift and Slowmons and 6 Moves and Glitchmons can be coded, why not STABmons?
I'm not a codemaster in the least bit, but I guess I just don't understand how it's not possible and why we have to wait until next month (even that's not guaranteed) for a OM that was overwhelmingly voted for this month.

I guess I'm just trying to say I'm irritated considering we built a fantastic metagame with input from the community and there are a lot of people that want to play this and who have been very patient for OMotM to open up for voting. So it comes and goes and Smogon gets hacked and the rug is pulled out under our feet. :confused:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
while i too am disappointed that the vote was basically ignored for no proper reason, this is more than counteracted by my excitement that there won't be people constantly spamming main chat for monotype battles anymore. good choice imo, hopefully this can become a permanent ladder

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
I got the part about it not working since it keeps crashing on the lab but what do you mean by votation not ending correctly Joim? Everyone voted for it. o.O

Ah, I'll just continue battling on Custom Game anyway. But a Stabmons ladder would really have been nice.

I think what he might have meant was the smogon crash screwing up with the timing of the vote. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
And with Eggy's comment this thread is closed. We'll be back in mid-August! (Since, you know, STABmons next month and all that)

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Sorry to post in a closed thread. STABmons is possible, it's just that the mod system was changed and I was unaware of that, causing that all formats in the server used STABmons rules since the inheritance works like that to save memory (lol, I know). It's perfectly possible, but a metagame not only has to work, it has to work properly AND meet the coding standards of PS. For the last part, I want to develop it cautiously and with time, not in a hurry from one day to the next.

Joim

Pixels matter
STABmons is now available and playabe in PS! We'll start the next round for next OM of the month at due time.

Joim

Pixels matter
This is done earlier so I have more time to deal with everything and we have the OM added and fully working the first of September.

Month 5, Phase 1 - Nominations

STABmons has been awesome, but it's sadly time to get a new ladder! You may nominate one and only one metagame. If a metagame has been nominated, please do not nominate it again.

Nominated metagames:
Offstat
Suicide Cup
Wonkymons
No Haxmons
Sketchmons
Budgetmons
Slowmons
The Negative Metagame
6 Move OU
Ability Exchang
Bluntmons
LC UU

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)