Other Metagames Teambuilding Shop

EV

Banned deucer.
Eevee pushes open the front door. It groans loudly on its rusty hinges.

"H-hello?"

He looks around. No one in sight. The waiting room is caked in dust. A sign reading NOW SERVING CUSTOMER #73 hangs by a single thumbtack.

"I'll just leave this here. If someone could help me out and call me when it's done, that would be great."

Eevee sets down his request on the counter and a mouse scurries across the floor. He yelps and dashes out the door.

-

Format: STABmons
Core:

Pickpocket Weavile @ Power Herb knowing the move Freeze Shock (and if Freeze Shock doesn't activate Pickpocket, improvise)

&

Intimidate Landorus-T @ Choice Scarf knowing the move Dragon Ascent

Requesting a Balanced Hackmons team around this guy:

Metagross-Mega @ Earth Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Judgment
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power

While ago i discused with Snaquaza and more people about if it is possible to make an anti-Ate/Imposter/Sturdinja Sweeper in the current metagame. The reason i choose those three sets to be anti against is because they are the most common forces in the metagame when it comes to stop sweeping. The reason i choose Metagross-Mega is because it is the closest thing we have to a "steel version" of Hoopa-Unbound, the most Imposter-proof set so far, and now with steel type on its side will be easier to survive revenge killing of -ates. Mold Breaker is for Sturdinja of course.

Unfortunately its Stored Power after a Shell Smash is not near as powerful as MMY's Stored Power after a Shell Smash, but it can still 2HKO a full specially defensive Giratina, AND among pokemons which resists -ates i believe this one is the strongest sweeper of them. I could have choosen Dark/Ghost + Fighting coverage for its Stored Power (dark or ghost eats psychics which resists SP, fighting eats darks and steels which resists SP), but Metagross wouldn't stand an Imposter with Fightning coverage, so i changed my Fightning move for Heavy Slam (Mega-Metagross is the heaviest pokemon with STAB on this) which is an anti-Imposter move (both the original and the imposter will have the same weight) and is a great STABed neutral damage against darks and psychics while Ground (or Fire if you choose Flame Plate) Judgment hits SE for another steels and imposters that resists SP.

+SpA nature and 252 SpA EVs is for the most powerful SP as possible. 252 HP EVs while not having a negative SpDef nature helps against imposter (even with 252 EVs on HP a negative nature on SpDef would allow Chansey to 2HKO with boosted Stored Power, the way it is now she only can 3HKO while Mega-Metagross can 2HKO back with Judgment). The last EVs were put on Attack because of Heavy Slam. Non-negative nature on Speed so it's possible to outspeed +252 Speed Deoxys-S (the fastest pokemon) after SS even without any Speed investment. Finally i have to choose between a -Atk nature or -Def, in one case Heavy Slam is hurt, in the other case its ability to survive -ates is hurt, so i ended up choosing Modest, but whoever pick my request to make a team can change to Mild if you want.

I would like a AAA Team with DL Victini and PH Snorlax. Sorry I can't be more precise, I'm on a hurry.
This is kind of an older team of mine, but it still gets the job done pretty nicely (replaced a bisharp counter with FF gliscor (yes, stupid, i know), but it still should work)

Explanations of each pokemon: Snorlax is your standard curselax, 252 EVs in spDef is to maximize special defense, because lax doesn't really need HP, while 252+ Atk makes it as strong as possible with that 140 BP STAB facade. Not really much to say here. But the next set, Victini, is rather different from other desolate land victinis. I feel like special victini is simply better in most situations, being able to abuse powerful blue flares, solar beams, and v-creates to force switches until your LO runs down your hp. You'll be spamming blue flare a lot of the time, and every time a chansey or a snorlax or something specially bulky comes in, nuke it with a v-create. I call it my "bulky offense killer" because of how it completely dismantles goodra-less bulky offense. Gliscor is the defogger of choice, able to take physical hits relatively well, having decent synergy with the rest of the team, and providing a nice way to beat sun teams (especially with the rise of victini), and can grab lots of momentum with u-turn, or just wall things. Braviary is a good revenge killer that shreds apart hyper offense teams, and if they switch in zapdos or skarm, that's actually good for you, since the rest of the team pretty much completely takes advantage of both. Aegislash is a reliable anti-meta pokemon that beats espeed spam, and beats bird spam. Great pokemon all around, and this set gets many opportunities to set up subs and destroy things. Finally, Gyarados is a win condition against stall teams; it simply destroys them, and also functions as a bouncer for the team. Sub allows you to set up unhindered by the presence of a gale wings or other priority user.

Threats to this team: Refrigerate Entei is a big one; everything except gliscor and brav can dent it one on one, but none except for gyara can actually beat it 1v1. Most of the time you'll have to sac pokes to weaken it, predict, or get a free switch in to Gyarados.
Gale wings spam: Aegislash simply has a hard time keeping up with more than two birds; and once they run aegis down, there isn't much else stopping them from sweeping.
Sneasel: If snorlax or mega gyarados isn't in, this thing is pretty much getting a free kill.

Overall, the team can net some positive matchups against most teams; most of the team members can easily take advantage of snorlax and victinis' most common switch-ins. Have fun with this!
Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Substitute
- Waterfall

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Substitute
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword

Braviary (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- Roost
- Facade

Victini @ Life Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Solar Beam
- Glaciate
- Blue Flare

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Snorlax @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 Atk / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Curse

Modest Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Judgment
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power

While ago i discused with Snaquaza and more people about if it is possible to make an anti-Ate/Imposter/Sturdinja Sweeper in the current metagame. The reason i choose those three sets to be anti against is because they are the most common forces in the metagame when it comes to stop sweeping. The reason i choose Metagross-Mega is because it is the closest thing we have to a "steel version" of Hoopa-Unbound, the most Imposter-proof set so far, and now with steel type on its side will be easier to survive revenge killing of -ates. Mold Breaker is for Sturdinja of course.

Unfortunately its Stored Power after a Shell Smash is not near as powerful as MMY's Stored Power after a Shell Smash, but it can still 2HKO a full specially defensive Giratina, AND among pokemons which resists -ates i believe this one is the strongest sweeper of them. I could have choosen Dark/Ghost + Fighting coverage for its Stored Power (dark or ghost eats psychics which resists SP, fighting eats darks and steels which resists SP), but Metagross wouldn't stand an Imposter with Fightning coverage, so i changed my Fightning move for Heavy Slam (Mega-Metagross is the heaviest pokemon with STAB on this) which is an anti-Imposter move (both the original and the imposter will have the same weight) and is a great STABed neutral damage against darks and psychics while Ground (or Fire if you choose Flame Plate) Judgment hits SE for another steels and imposters that resists SP.

+SpA nature and 252 SpA EVs is for the most powerful SP as possible. 252 HP EVs while not having a negative SpDef nature helps against imposter (even with 252 EVs on HP a negative nature on SpDef would allow Chansey to 2HKO with boosted Stored Power, the way it is now she only can 3HKO while Mega-Metagross can 2HKO back with Judgment). The last EVs were put on Attack because of Heavy Slam. Non-negative nature on Speed so it's possible to outspeed +252 Speed Deoxys-S (the fastest pokemon) after SS even without any Speed investment. Finally i have to choose between a -Atk nature or -Def, in one case Heavy Slam is hurt, in the other case its ability to survive -ates is hurt, so i ended up choosing Modest, but whoever pick my request to make a team can change to Mild if you want.
Just to make my case:

Pokemon 1 = original; Pokemon 2 = Imposter Chansey; Max Atk & SpAtk to maximize sweeper potential and no negative nature speed because i want to outspeed Deoxys-S after Shell Smash; Tried to go full power with Rash (stronger Stored Power on everybody and stronger Judgment on Imposter), but she can 2HKO me back with Stored Power, so i went Mild:

She still can 2HKO me, so since i don't want to drop all my SpAtk (Stored Power is the main damage dealer of this build even if it's outclassed by MMY, but MMY isn't so good for anti-Imposter and does not have a huge Defense stat + Steel type to survive revenge killing from -ates like this set of mine) then i need to focus on another aproach:

I need at least 208 EVs on HP to do not get 2HKOed by Imposter's Stored Power, while she's still 2HKOed by my Ground Judgment. Instead of 208 i put 252 because of any residual damage, and the leftover EV on Atk for stronger Heavy Slam (the heaviest STABed of the game) capable of OHKOing (or almost OHKOing) psychic resists like MMY or Tyranitar-Mega even if you use a -Atk nature (let's say you don't like Mild because of -ates):

Only to make a little 'n quick revision: Use Stored Power against almost everything, Heavy Slam against Dark and Psychic, Earth Plate Judgment against Steels and Imposter.

EDIT: the images got problem, so right-click on each one and choose "Show Image" or whatever it is in english lol

Requesting a Tier Shift team based on these two pokes.

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Safeguard

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

My idea is basically using Wobbuffet to Encore any move from stall or offensive pokes (even if it's a status move, use safeguard next turn if it's a status), then switch to Pinsir then set up. Wobbuffet got 205/73/73 defenses, so it will not be 2HKO'd by almost any move, unless it's super effective. For Pinsir, it got boosted now having 160 Attack and 110 Speed, which is why I want to try it out.

Wobbuffet's EV spread is designed so that it has equal or almost equally the same Defense and Special Defense stats.

Last edited:
If that is the case, you might wanna get to building that guy a team around the mega metagross he posted. Referring to this guy btw:

Modest Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Judgment
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power

Done and Tested with my standards of 4 wins of 7 games:

Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Judgment
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Recover
- Metal Burst
- Baton Pass

Giratina @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Aeroblast
- Spore
- Leech Seed

Rayquaza-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Chatter
- Oblivion Wing
- Spiky Shield
- Spore

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Normalize
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Entrainment
- Judgment
- Sacred Sword
- ExtremeSpeed

Aegislash @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dark Void
- Curse
- Recover

EV

Banned deucer.
If Mega Gengar has Entrainment, doesn't it keep Normalize? Meaning all its attacks will still be Normal.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
If Mega Gengar has Entrainment, doesn't it keep Normalize? Meaning all its attacks will still be Normal.
Indeed it does. Also there's the fact that Physical Mega Gengar's there at all, but I digress (Espeed might be there to pick off weakened Pokemon, and Sacred might be a typo).

If Espeed isn't there to revenge-kill here's a slightly different set for the Gengar:

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Normalize
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SDef
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Skill Swap
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Boomburst / King's Shield / Substitute

Self-explanatory set. Boomburst is there to hit non-soundproof things but could be swapped for Techno Blast if you really wanted to. King's Shield is there to reduce the attack of incoming -ateSpeed, which can be useful for living a hit and retaliating with Skill Swap/Judgment. Substitute is there because Substitute is pretty good if you capitalize on an opportunity to set it up. Of course, you can run Shell Smash in that last slot if you want to, but on a set like this it probably wouldn't be that great.

If you are running Espeed to revenge-kill then just replace Sacred with Secret and change your EVs around.

Requesting a Tier Shift team based on these two pokes.

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

My idea is basically using Wobbuffet to Encore any move from stall or offensive pokes (even if it's a status move, use safeguard next turn if it's a status), then switch to Pinsir then set up. Wobbuffet got 205/73/73 defenses, so it will not be 2HKO'd by almost any move, unless it's super effective. For Pinsir, it got boosted now having 160 Attack and 110 Speed, which is why I want to try it out.

Wobbuffet's EV spread is designed so that it has equal or almost equally the same Defense and Special Defense stats.
Since this thread isn't really being updated, I figured I may as well offer my services to a TS player in need.

Explanation: Wobbuffet was exactly as the set you requested, as was Pinsir. I'm about 90% sure there's a more idealized EV spread for Wobbuffet (as with its amount of HP investing in defenses is gonna increase bulk more than investing in hp) but I have no idea what that spread would look like. Cobalion is a Magnet Rise SD set, as the initial mons are horridly weak to Weavile and Weavile literally can't touch Cobalion. Plus, SD Cobalion seems dangerously effective in this metagame, as it has a trollish speed tier and is a very good set-up tank. Gengar is there as a nice quick special attacker that can often times neuter set up sweepers with Taunt, and proceed to deal heavy damage. Thundurus-T is the obligatory Pinsir counter, which also does a nice job of taking down +1 Gatr with choice Scarf. Volt Switch into Wobbuffet is nice as well. Latias is the obligatory defogger for the team, clearing hazards and often times Healing Wishing to enable a Pinsir Sweep.

Threats to the team: ScarfTini can be an issue if Latias isn't healthy, but Wobb can always trap and OHKO with Counter if it's locked into V-Create. In general the team is a tad Dark weak, but the only relevant Dark Type that can have a chance of beating Cobalion is Pangoro, which is rekt by Pinsir.

It's treated me pretty well so far, hope you enjoy!
Also sorry if you don't really need the team any more due to uit being an old request but I built the team anyways so I figured why not
Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Safeguard

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Cobalion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Magnet Rise
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)