Temp V1

Movin' at the speed of life and I can't slow down
1. Lavos' Sun Stall
2. Temp V1's Phazing
3. ganj4lF's Weatherless Balance

Lavos

Banned deucer.
please god not quick stall, anything but quick stall

I'm telling you guys it simply does not work...we haven't even been presented with a shell for it and you're already voting it up? (no offense to bubbly just not a big fan of blind faith here)

oh well it's a democratic process, do as you must

I actually think we have at least a "shell". We have example teams which have been successful, we have a rough template I posted a couple of pages back. It might require more discussion than other options before voting but it really shouldn't be a problem. I've already actually seen quite a few posts in this thread which are looking indepth at the strategy and how we can make it work, which is imo exactly what we want to get out of this project.

Votes:
1. My quickstall (lol)
2. Tempv1's phazing stall
3. Fuzzy's balanced / stall

Magma

1. Fuzzy's balanced/semi stall

My vote is for a balanced or semi-stall team (of any weather/field-effect) built around a creative/under-used stall-breaker. Lavos' Rain team is a good example of this - it's a well-built balanced team with a spinner, solid defensive core, and offensive plan that introduced a new stall-breaker to scene, Work Up Vaporeon.

I personally feel we should stay away from hyper-offensive teams, because they are incredibly easy to build due to all of the powerful threats and moves this gen. Coming up with a complete balanced/semi-stall will help educate team-builders on all aspects of the meta-game (like the entry hazard war, weather war, wall-breaking, and tanking), not just setting up rocks/screens and attacking like HO teams.

Here are some examples of stall-breakers that we as a community can potentially build a team around:

Rain
  • New Mixed Salamence (with Roost + Hydro Pump > Brick Break + Fire Blast)

Sun
  • Sub Charge Cresselia
    [*]Quiver Dance Lilligant (with Sunny Day + Leaf Guard)

Sand
  • Alexwolf's Taunt Aerodactyl

Hail
  • Bubbly's Sub Disable Froslass

Gravity
  • LO Sheer Force Landorus

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
1 Lavos Spawn's sun stall
2 Bubbly's Quick Stall
3 Fuzzy's balanced/semi stall

yes, i voted all stall

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Electrolyte, you did a little mistake since I nominated weatherless balance and not offense. Anyway:

1: ganj4lF's weatherless balance
2: Fuzzy's balanced/semi stall
3: Thismysteriousguy's offensive gravity

1. ThisMysteriousGuy's Offensive Gravity
2. Superpowerdude's Hail Stall
3. Absolete's Trick Room

Man I love Gravity

1. Fuzzy's Balance/Semi Stall :naughty:
2. Bubbly's Quick Stall
3. Jimbon's Hail Offense

I've played a lot with Jabbas Semi Stall during the ages of DPP and it is hands down THE most comfortable team i've ever played with. Would be nice to see if a style like this still works nowadays, i guess (i'm pretty sure it does as Snunch showed with his ST8 team Sloop John B)!

SubCharge Rotom was so suprising and good back than with the right support. Magma already pointed out some nice sets for todays metagame! Lets try to make a flexible team with a creative Stallbreaker :)

edit: Inspiration by Snunch himself: "This team can either be a very stall-oriented team, wearing down my opponent with toxic spikes and jelli / forry / tran, or it can play like heavy offense, sacrificing my walls to set up hazards or get in a burn then letting my sweepers go to town. Sometimes BW demands that you play fast-and-loose with your walls and this team makes that easy."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)