Other OU CCAT - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks to Doughboy for most of the OP
Approved by Subject18

Hello friends! Welcome to the ORAS OU Community Create a Team. In this project, we will be working to nominate Pokemon sets that work well together and form a cohesive team as the final product.

STEPS:

1. In round 1, users will submit the focus pokemon of the team. The majority of the time the pokemon is a sweeper, however any type of pokemon can become the focus pokemon for the team. Remember that while the focus pokemon should be successful the majority of the time, it should also be interesting enough to sustain interest in the CCAT. The CCAT is also a learning experience, so don't be afraid to go a little outside of the box and explore. At the end of the round 1, there will be a vote on the submitted pokemon sets by users. The round will last a few days or until there are a decent number of pokemon in the poll. The pokemon that wins the majority of the votes will be the focus pokemon
  2. At the beginning of each new round, users will submit a pokemon set to compliment the focus Pokemon. The pokemon set should aim to contribute to the function of the focus pokemon (the pokemon chosen in round 1) and prevent the team as a whole from being threatened by the majority of the metagame. Again, the sets submitted by users will be subject to vote and whichever pokemon garners the most votes wins.
  3. After step 2 has been repeated for all the Pokemon in the team, we will have our semi-final team. We will then test drive the team on the ladder and look for ways to fine tune it.
So let's try this again and build the best team we can, while being interesting at the same time! Try not to have a submission be your only contribution for the CCAT. Discussion is important too for convincing / guiding users on the direction the team should take, the flaws of other submitted sets, and the threats that are found in the metagame now.

Be sure to include the full set of the pokemon, like how it would appear in PS importable. This is useful because different EVs, movesets, nature can affect the dynamic of the rest of the team and it makes it easier to create an importable that everyone can use.

You may now start your nominations, and be sure to explain your nomination.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
this looks interesting :)
just to be sure, when nominating the focus pokemon, we don't propose a set as well right? only what roles it can fulfil?

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute / Bullet Seed / Swords Dance

Literally my favorite Mega Pokemon. With the highest Attack stat in the game, as well as being one of the MOST underrated Mega Evolutions ever, I think this would be a good thing to start building around. Mega Heracross's Attack stat in tandem with a ridiculous Close Combat STAB make this thing one of the hardest things to switch into, doing things as intense as 2HKOing Skarmory. Pin Missile is the second STAB, deals incredible damage to other things you can't hit with Close Combat as hard, and hits 5 times. Rock Blast is also a great option, as it hits 5 times, and OHKOes bulky Zard and destroys anything weak to it. Substitute is generally my favorite filler option as it allows you to set up on the many switches you force. However, you can use Bullet Seed to beat Rotom-W easily, and it's not out of the question to use Swords Dance to boost.

If you want its overall role; it's a bulky late-game sweeper or mid-game hole puncher

Last edited:
Oh! Was waiting for the return of this, this is something I saw in the Underrated movesets thread that interested me.

Tyranitar (M) @ Tyranitarite
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch/Crunch

In a Metagame where Scarfed Landorus is everywhere, you may find it a bit difficult to build around DDMegaTyranitar, rock polish megatar gives the middle finger to our most used choice scarfer thanks to rock polish, a -1 ice punch will always ohko scarflando with stealth rocks on the field, otherwise has a very solid 75% chance to ohko him without them.
With rock polish tyranitar has the possibility to go Adamant, retaining still enough speed to outspeed Adamant Bisharp at +0 and enough power in order to 2hko Unaware Clefable with Stone Edge, something that the jolly one couldn't do it.
Scarf Landorus therian isn't the only 'mon that Tyranitar can outspeed after a Rock Polish, other examples are MegaSceptile, MegaAlakazam, MegaManectric, and MegaAerodactyl.
One might opt for Jolly in order to outspeed jolly Scarfchomp, ScarfKeldeo, and Scarflatios but the power loss is noticeable.
Role: Late game Sweeper or Lure

Last edited:

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Ok, this sounds really interesting, especially considering I can't teambuild for my life lol. One Mega that I think improved in the transition from XY to ORAS was our buddy Mega Scizor.

(Don't have access to image right now, hopefully I can get one later?)
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal -> Technician
EV's: 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe (If there's a more efficient spread, please say so, so I can change it)
Nature: Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Bug Bite/Knock Off

The standard Offensive Mega Scizor set first seen on CBB's team, iirc. I'm not sure how much detail I need to put in this, as it is a set most of us have seen already and know how much of an efficient sweeper it is. Scizor, IMO, got so much better from the transition to ORAS, since it beats nearly every single new mega. Examples: Sharpedo, Altaria, Sceptile, Beedrill, Lopunny, Metagross (unless HP Fire...), Diancie, Lati@s, Slowbro, etc. After 1 SD, which isn't hard to get with bulk on par with Skarmory, it wipes through the field instantly. However, one major annoyance that erupted was the prevalence of Magnezone, something that outspeeds it, takes BP's with no issue, and can easily OHKO back with an HP Fire. And Scizor can't switch out. Faster Heatrans also are annoying, but Mag is the biggest downfall to our iron coated bug. Knock Off is an option that could be considered over Bug Bite; however, I find its power lacking, especially when trying to break through a bulkier team. Removing items is a great utility however, so it definitely has some merit to it.

Role: Late game sweeper

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch / Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Grass Knot

the beast himself this is shit frekin awesome oml

So, I'm going to propose one of the new megas for this OU CCAT project. I'm talking about Mega Diancie.

Diancie (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 136 Atk / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

I find Mega Diancie really good and fascinating. This one is the standard RP set, and it serves as a late game sweeper. Diancie's physical and special coverage lets it easily runs through unprepared teams, with those amazing 160 base attack and special attack stats. Diancie is a powerhouse and should be recognized as one. With those EVs it outspeeds everything up to Jolly Mamoswine before the Rock Polish, deals massive damage with its STAB Moonblast, and hits as hard as possible on the physical side with the remaining 136 Evs. A Rash nature is superior to Mild in order to take priority a little better. In the current meta only a few mons can easily handle this threat. Ferrothorn, Mega Venusaur, Skarmory, physically defensive Sylveon, ...

Even Chansey takes a lot of damage from Diancie:
160 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 238-282 (37 - 43.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Due to this mon's immensive potential and its relative new nature to discover, I think it would be a solid choice as first option. I know that means we already decide which Mega we will be using later, but I do believe building around this might make more interesting the thread.

Role: Late game sweeper

Last edited:
Ok, here goes. I'm nominating this fiend:

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
-Outrage
-Flare Blitz
-Swords Dance
-Dragon Dance / Tailwind

Going with Zard X mainly because I feel this thing has untapped potential in OR/AS and is slept on by lots of players. Many teams truly don't have much for this besides .jpeg Landorus-t (which takes a buttload from Flare Blitz if scarfed, and as you will see below, dies if defensive to +1 Zard, huhuhu). With this set, Zard is able to decimate both stall and offense; SD is used to tear apart the former while DD/Tailwind is to flatten the latter. As for its role, it can be a wallbreaker and/or sweeper.

In my opinion, I feel that Double Dance is the best set for Zard X in the OR/AS metagame. It is arguably able to beat each and every mega in OU with this set. Also, it has great match up vs stall, balance and if it gets an opening, vs offense too. Tailwind allows Zard to outspeed literally everything in OU; even Sand Rush Exca in sand (doesn't outspeed jolly Exca but who runs that?) and Mega Swampert in rain are outsped. DD is pretty great too and the choice between that and Tailwind depends on the whole team.

With two high-powered BP stabs, nothing really wants to eat a hit from this monster, especially after a SD. To show you its power, look at the following calcs:

+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Outrage vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 273-321 (70.9 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 345-406 (85.3 - 100.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Outrage vs. 212 HP / 252 Def Rhyperior: 378-445 (89.1 - 104.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 331-391 (86.6 - 102.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 387-456 (98.2 - 115.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 270-318 (68.5 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mega Altaria: 193-228 (54.6 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (assuming fully defensive M-Alt)

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 132-156 (54.7 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Assuming regular Diancie switches into Zard as it SD's then Mega evolves to M-Diancie:

+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 264-311 (109.5 - 129%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If you looked at the above calcs, you already know exactly what I'm going for: If those are the counters/best checks to Zard X, then what about the rest of OU, lmao?

Yeah, so definitely nominating Zard X.

Last edited:
Nominating this guy

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Taunt

Unsure about the evs since I like bulk on gyarados but I also like outspeeding greninja at +1. Mega gyara isnt used much by many players and I think he should be used a lot more. ORAS gave gyarados crunch which allows him to get past threats that used to wall him like slowbro. ORAS also brought mega sableye which redefined stall but mold breaker taunt allows him to get ppast magic bounce making mega gyara one of the most terrifying stall breakers out there. Mega gyara is a great mon in general with a great typing pre mega evo and after mega evo. With the right support, I think he can thrive in this still developing metagame.

Role: Stall breaker/late game sweeper

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature (or Jolly max speed...)
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

they'll never see it coming...

Lum Berry Moxiedos was a veritable wrecking ball at the end of XY. Substitute + Lum Berry affords it a stupid amount of set up versus defensive teams, while STAB Bounce gives it a niche over its mega for hitting Keldeo & Azumarill hard. There are few sweeps more satisfying than subbing up while Thundurus comes in to T-Wave your +1 Gyara, giving Gyara a free sub and a free moxie boost to boot.

It's not the easiest mon to use as it requires a good deal of checks removed: bulky waters, fast electrics, Ferrothorn & Chesnaught. However, it offers great team synergy with its plethora of resistances and gets an immense amount of set up opportunity. This also leaves our mega slot open - not to mention the inherent Mega Bluff in using base(d) Gyara rn.

I know that Jolly is usually prefered in ORAS for the sake of hitting the faster new Megas (Lopunny, Sceptile, Beedrill), but I've been missing the raw power of Adamant Gyarados thus far. That said, moxie should off-set this, so I'm open to whatever is best for the team.

Notable calcs:
+1 252+ Atk Gyarados Bounce vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 372-440 (103.6 - 122.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Gyarados Bounce vs. 88 HP / 4 Def Azumarill: 267-315 (73.5 - 86.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Gyarados Bounce vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 268-316 (89.6 - 105.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 129-153 (42.4 - 50.3%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

It's a really fun sweeper to use, and could work well on a balanced or offensive team. In a nutshell: DD on the predicted Wisp/Toxic, consume Lum Berry. Sub on the follow-up Wisp/Toxic now that you outspeed. Aim for the moxie boost.

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Nominating this ball of cotton candy:

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Heal Bell / Substitute

Mega Altaria has an incredibly unique typing offensively and defensively that allow it to check common threats such as Keldeo, Latios, both Mega Charizard formes, and others. Even with no attack investment, a Pixilate boosted return hits like a massive truck to anything that doesnt resist it. Moveset is pretty standard, and Heal Bell is preferred to act as a cleric for the team and a boosting win condition at the same time, while Substitute somewhat prevents revenge killing and is a different form of avoiding status. The EV spread attempts to give as much overall defense as possible; it doesn't get 2HKOed by Choice Band Dragonite's Earthquake, Mega Heracross Rock Blast, +1 Jolly Charizard-X's Flare Blitz, and Thundurus's Life Orb Hidden Power Ice. It outruns Mega Lopunny and Manectric after two boosts, and outruns max Speed Azumarill when unboosted.

Nominating Mega Gallade

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt / Psycho CUt
- Knock Off

Mega Gallade has a great speed tier, sitting at base 110 speed. It also has a colossal attack stat of 165, and in tandem with swords dance, it can easily sweep unprepared teams. This moveset is pretty standard, 252 attack let's gallade hit extremely hard, while 252 speed combined with jolly gives it as much speed as possible, while allowing it to speed tie with base 110s. Swords dance turns gallade into a formidable set up sweeper, while close combat and zen headbutt are it's two STAB moves, and knock off provides good coverage and utility.

I'm nominating Greninja ( too mainstream I know )

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Gunk Shot
( If I have the EVs wrong lemme know)

I know Greninja is a very popular pokemon but I just had to nominate him, I love that ninja frog! This Greninja set is is so effective and is making some serious noise in the OU metagame. This guy's got a great speed tier, Amazing coverage that hits a majority of the metagame for super effective damage, and some above-average offensive stats that can utilize it (like I really needed to remind you guys). Why not kick off CACCT with this OU staple?

All these people nominating top tier mainstream super common mons.

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Yawn/Ancient Power/Hidden Power of choice
- Substitute

With substitute Camerupt can come in on a large list of pokemon including Scizor, Clefable, Manetric, Jirachi, Ferrothorn, Gothitelle, Magnezone, Mandibuzz, Skarmory, Sylveon, Venusaur, Zapdos, Klefki, Victini, Volcarona, Sableye and Beedrill and set up a sub on it before nuking the switchin with something from his powerful arsenal of attacks. This set eases prediction and makes the Camel on fire much more useful against offence especially but also against all the other playstyles.

Nominating Mega Pidgeot. Yes, I'm actually doing this.

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost / U-Turn
- Hidden Power Grass / Hidden Power Fighting / Defog

Yes, yes, hate me if you want.
At first glance, Mega Pidgeot may not seem like much, but having the ability to spam, simply put, one of the most spam-able moves in the game with out having to worry about anything is an amazing feeling. Hurricane is a 110 base power move coming off of that sexy 135 Special Attack stat, which means there are very few things that want to switch in against that. Pidgeot is a fantastic offensive Defogger as well, rivaling Latios. Mega Pidgeot also has a great Speed tier, being just one shy of Greninja. This means, a lot of things that want to switch in safely can't, as they will be outsped as soon as Pidgeot Mega Evolves. Pidgeot does have its flaws, but once you look past them, you end up with an amazing sweeper with so much potential. Why not start this off with an underdog in OU?

Last edited:
I think we should build around a sweeper which is very underrated in the metagame but still sufficiently threatening, and I think RP Landorus is a good choice. Landorus itself has been dying down in usage recently which is a shame because it's still very strong and difficult to switch into. Landorus's coverage naturally gives it a pretty nice time against the stall teams that are most common today, which lack some of the trends that manifested in response to its dominance in mid XY, and with the rise of Pokemon like Tentacruel, Landorus finds itself an efficient stallbreaker. After setting up a Rock Polish, Landorus can devastate offensive teams.

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Knock Off
- Rock Polish

No fancy spreads, not worth missing out on Adamant Zard X, though Naive lets you outspeed Jolly Zard X and Jolly Exca in sand so that's up to you. Standard coverage, Knock off for Latis, Celebi, and Chansey. You could run HP Ice or FBlast if you want but this is the best 3 moves imo.

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
Unconventional but extremely successful:

Hawlucha @ Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Sky Attack
- Acrobatics

My favorite Unburden sweeper of them all. After a Swords Dance and a Power Herb Sky Attack, it wrecks plenty of threats with the amazing Flying and Fighting STAB coverage. After the Unburden boost, Hawlucha outspeeds everything without a Scarf and pretty much everything with a Scarf. If set up at the right time, Hawlucha can be a consistent win condition on many offensive teams.

I agree that we should build around and underrated sweeper. Using the same megas over and over again gets a bit stale and I think building around something like Lucario would be more challenging and fun.

Lucario @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Crunch / Bullet Punch / Ice Punch / Iron Tail

Lucario is a pretty straightforward pokemon that is often overlooked in favor of more powerful megas. I have yet to see it be used well and on a good team, but I'm sure as a community we can successfully build a team around Lucario. The first three moves along with an adamant nature and given evs are pretty much mandatory for any Lucario set, but we have a slew of choices for the 4th slot. I think it would be best to treat Lucario's moveset like greninja's, that is, wait until the team is built and then decide on the coverage move that best suits the team. Anyways, I think Lucario would fit best on fast paced offensive teams with constant pressure and maybe some hazard stacking. It doesnt really mind hazards on its own side due to its clutch 4x resistance to stealth rock which eases some of the limitations on team building considering hazard removal isnt a necesity, more of a luxury if there is space for it. Lucario has a unique ability to shit on stall and offense alike thanks to swords dance and e-speed, however, it often has trouble switching in and setting up. I believe a well-built team can illuminate Lucario's perks in beating some of the most common and best playstyles so it can be used to its fullest potential. I understand Lucario is hard to use and build around, but I think we can do it :D

Another very underrated threat in the current meta we can build around is this:

Absol @ Absolite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

With Knock Off + Play Rough now legal together, Absol has almost unresisted coverage (barring Klefki) and with a great ability in Magic Bounce that allows it to avoid most statuses, M-Absol is a legitimate win condition in the current meta. It's speed tier, at 115, is simply great as it outspeeds M-Metagross and M-Gallade and KOes both. Knock Off allows it to deal with revenge killers like Scarf Lando-T(very common currently) on the switch and can also rob stall mons of their recovery, making it a threat that is very difficult to deal with. Having said this, Absol is a challenging mon to build around given a lack of bulk as compared to other attackers, but nonetheless it has a lot of potential.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, how about standard mega, uncommon set:

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 72 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor / Earthquake
- Roost

I'm sick and tired of seeing mono attacking Sub DD Roost Altaria (hint: mono fairy is not as effective as mono flying salamence was). Other than that people just run boring defensive sets. This is a cool Pokemon that I've used before that works as a lure to Ferrothorn, Scizor, and other Physically bulky Pokemon attempting to check the DD set. With EQ, it also can also lure in Heatran (even Modest EQ is doing about 2/3 to SDef Heatran) for something else to sweep like a CM Raikou or Clefable or Latios. Otherwise draco meteor lets you check zard x and have a powerful move to hit fire types that aren't named Heatran. The advantages of using this over Gardevoir would be its recovery and mixed bulk, which Gardevoir unfortunately lacks. Altaria has the ability to check both Lati formes, Rain Kingdra, Char X/Y, Keldeo, Mega Sceptile, etc. thanks to its higher bulk and Roost. Obviously requires some kind of stall breaker partner like Gengar or Knock Off Clefable or Sub CM Keldeo, but it's cool and I think it's worth building around n_n.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Rain Dance
- Scald

Instead of the Rain Dance Tail Glow that is used way more often, I think we may try out the Calm Mind set. The Calm Mind set can set up Rain Dance much easier every 5 turns because of its bulk. It can set up on many defensive pokemon and thanks due its bulk it is way harder to revenge kill than the Tail Glow set. The EV spread is nothing special: 16 Spe to outspeed Adamant Bisharp and Adamant Breloom and full physical bulk to survive strong physical attacks, which makes it very hard to revenge kill unlike the Tail Glow set who can barely live strong attacks.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Rain Dance
- Scald

Instead of the Rain Dance Tail Glow that is used way more often, I think we may try out the Calm Mind set. The Calm Mind set can set up Rain Dance much easier every 5 turns because of its bulk. It can set up on many defensive pokemon and thanks due its bulk it is way harder to revenge kill than the Tail Glow set. The EV spread is nothing special: 16 Spe to outspeed Adamant Bisharp and Adamant Breloom and full physical bulk to survive strong physical attacks, which makes it very hard to revenge kill unlike the Tail Glow set who can barely live strong attacks.
I believe Suicune is just better at doing the mono-water type Cro- job, although not having to rely on sleep talk is pretty decent. Could you explain me (us) the advantages of Manaphy over Suicune as far as a resting calm mind booster goes ? Especially since Manaphy has a different niche with its stall-destroying TG RD set.

I believe Suicune is just better at doing the mono-water type Cro- job, although not having to rely on sleep talk is pretty decent. Could you explain me (us) the advantages of Manaphy over Suicune as far as a resting calm mind booster goes ? Especially since Manaphy has a different niche with its stall-destroying TG RD set.
Manaphy has Hydration, so it has a one turn, instant heal Rest under Rain. It also doesn't have to rely on the randomness of Sleep Talk and Scald does a whole lot more under the Rain.
EDIT: Oml I'm blind sorry, I read that wrong.

Last edited:
Manaphy has Hydration, so it has a one turn, instant heal Rest under Rain. It also doesn't have to rely on the randomness of Sleep Talk and Scald does a whole lot more under the Rain.
I know right. If it's enough for it to be better than Suicune then it should be a good suggestion. I never used CroMana that's why I asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)