Other OU CCAT (Round 6 Nominations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another close race, this time between Tank Chomp and Gliscor, but in the end, Gliscor won by 1 vote!
Right now our team is CM Reuniclus + Gliscor, feel free to discuss the team so far and make nominations for the third slot!
Atm our team looks weak to a bunch of major threats, but the biggest ones I see are mega gyarados and zard y.

Hmm, due to Gliscor winning we also do not have a Stealth Rocks user now, Mega Altaria and Mega Charizard Y are also problematic as already stated, we also do not have something that can help us weakening stuff like Choice Scarf Tyranitar, SD Mega Scizor is also not a joke, so I would like to propose Swords Dance WOW Talonflame

Talonflame (M) @ (No Item)
Trait: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Atk / 92 SDef / 8 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Having a sr weak 'mon, is quite problematic, I'm aware, but Talonflame allows us to check Mega Altaria, Mega Charizard Y, Mega Scizor, Bisharp, and can lure in Tyranitar and then proceed to burn him on the switch (if scarf).
The ev spread allows Talonflame to be faster than 252 neutral Kyurem-black, the bulk allows him to resist Charizard-y's Fire Blast even after Stealth Rocks, while the resto goes to attack, in order to give him some offensive presence, giving you the ability to ohko 97% of the times Charizard Y after a swords dance, and always 2hkoing 252 Mega Altaria after a sd, I actually prefer Acrobatics and no items due to the recoil, and rise of Rocky Helmet Chomp in these last months, but Brave Bird and leftovers are also solid choices.

Hmm, due to Gliscor winning we also do not have a Stealth Rocks user now, Mega Altaria and Mega Charizard Y are also problematic as already stated, we also do not have something that can help us weakening stuff like Choice Scarf Tyranitar, SD Mega Scizor is also not a joke, so I would like to propose Swords Dance WOW Talonflame

Talonflame (M) @ (No Item)
Trait: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Atk / 92 SDef / 8 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Having a sr weak 'mon, is quite problematic, I'm aware, but Talonflame allows us to check Mega Altaria, Mega Charizard Y, Mega Scizor, Bisharp, and can lure in Tyranitar and then proceed to burn him on the switch (if scarf).
The ev spread allows Talonflame to be faster than 252 neutral Kyurem-black, the bulk allows him to resist Charizard-y's Fire Blast even after Stealth Rocks, while the resto goes to attack, in order to give him some offensive presence, giving you the ability to ohko 97% of the times Charizard Y after a swords dance, and always 2hkoing 252 Mega Altaria after a sd, I actually prefer Acrobatics and no items due to the recoil, and rise of Rocky Helmet Chomp in these last months, but Brave Bird and leftovers are also solid choices.
Dude, I was just gonna nominate this rofl. Ninja'd

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Roost

Nominating the Styleish (get it?) Maltaria! (again, lol) The team was looking weak to the Zards and Mega Gyarados, so bulky Maltaria imo is the perfect answer to the aformentioned threats. It eats up Sun boosted Fire Blast (Modest has 30 % chance to 2HKO after rocks) and sets up on Zard X and Mega Gyarados thanks to the broken Cotton Guard. Yeah and the team gets a solid response to Dragon types with this addition, which is always welcome.

ye my nomination got picked we out here, you already know how we do

Alright my nomination for Round 3 is CB Azumarill

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower / Knock Off

Azumarill plays a nishe role on this team so far, just seemed like a very nice fit and I've finally broken down why I felt like that. First off addressing Firehusky's nice point out that the core of Gliscor and Reuniclus is weak to Char Y and Mega Gyarados.However let's be honest not much switches into Char Y. And what is given the gift to switch into Char Y is fucked over by that nasty Char Y + Ttar core that everyone and their mom runs. The thing about Azumarill is that it breaks that core being able to dish out 90% chance to OHKO Charizard Y after rocks and just straight out OHKOing Ttar with Play Rough obviously. With that said, if a mon that's chosen this round doesn't have SR, we could think about that for the future. Azumarill also follows the bulky offense course this team looks like it might be taking and provides a switch into the Lati twins. This set also lures in and has a 50% chance to OHKO Ferrothorn although the 2 mons nominated so far do appreciate setting up on it.

I was torn between this and BD Azu, but I ended up choosing this in the end bc on a bulky offense team, it can appreciate the longevity of hard hitters and switch ins to threats that can other wise take a toll on your team. ty :]]]]]]]]]

At this point, we are Weavile weak, as well as weak to Dark spam in general. We are also not so great against offense but prepared against defensive teams. Looks like Scarf Keldeo to the rescue!

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Electric

The decline of Scarf Keld is pretty clear, but that also gives it some surprise value. Efficiently revenge kills a whole bunch of stuff, as well as lending its decent defensive typing to the group. Gliscor and the Cell are nice at breaking down bulky teams but it's time to get some real speed in here. Also checks Scizor and Bisharp, who can both be a nuisance to the current core.

At this point, we are Weavile weak, as well as weak to Dark spam in general. We are also not so great against offense but prepared against defensive teams. Looks like Scarf Keldeo to the rescue!

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Electric

The decline of Scarf Keld is pretty clear, but that also gives it some surprise value. Efficiently revenge kills a whole bunch of stuff, as well as lending its decent defensive typing to the group. Gliscor and the Cell are nice at breaking down bulky teams but it's time to get some real speed in here. Also checks Scizor and Bisharp, who can both be a nuisance to the current core.

Just trying to stir up some conversation but, does specs not serve a better purpose or even Sub CM? Keldeo was one of the mons i contemplated when thinking about the 3rd slot but scarf wasn't the set that came to mind.

Just trying to stir up some conversation but, does specs not serve a better purpose or even Sub CM? Keldeo was one of the mons i contemplated when thinking about the 3rd slot but scarf wasn't the set that came to mind.
The thought process was that Keldeo is better suited to a cleaner / revenge killer role on this particular squad. Specs and CM are great, but there's really only so many stallbreakers one needs to beat ORAS stall.

The thought process was that Keldeo is better suited to a cleaner / revenge killer role on this particular squad. Specs and CM are great, but there's really only so many stallbreakers one needs to beat ORAS stall.
your right. shouldve taken into acount the fact that gliscor and reuni are already stall breaking 101 already. And now thinking about it, Keldeo could also be nice for revenging or just having a check to mega lopunny, bc if im not mistaken i think reuni gets 2HKOed by Return but idk for sure.

Another close race, this time between Tank Chomp and Gliscor, but in the end, Gliscor won by 1 vote!
Right now our team is CM Reuniclus + Gliscor, feel free to discuss the team so far and make nominations for the third slot!
Atm our team looks weak to a bunch of major threats, but the biggest ones I see are mega gyarados and zard y.
Also husky, at the end will we have an RMT type thing where we can round out the smooth edges of the team if you know what i mean. didnt see anything about that in the OP about that . just wondering bc, until the nomination is chosen we have no idea what the next mon could possibly be due to this process, although when team building u usually get a couple ideas for a team at once. all im saying is, in the end shouldnt there be some rough edges to smooth out?

Last edited:
your right. shouldve taken into acount the fact that gliscor and reuni are already stall breaking 101 already. And now thinking about it, Keldeo could also be nice for revenging or just having a check to mega lopunny, bc if im not mistaken i think reuni gets 2HKOed by Return but idk for sure.
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Reuniclus: 157-186 (37 - 43.8%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
(And for those who run adamant) 252+ Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Reuniclus: 172-204 (40.5 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Also husky, at the end will we have an RMT type thing where we can round out the smooth edges of the team if you know what i mean. didnt see anything about that in the OP about that . just wondering bc, until the nomination is chosen we have no idea what the next mon could possibly be due to this process, although when team building u usually get a couple ideas for a team at once. all im saying is, in the end shouldnt there be some rough edges to smooth out?
I'll answer this to save firehusky the trouble. At the end of the CCAT process, once we've chosen all six pokemon we enter a "revisions and edits" stage in which we do the thing you described.

The team so far loses to Mega Sableye, especially considering our Reuniclus can't run Dazzling Gleam. Thus, I suggest Special Attacker Sylveon.

Sylveon @ Life Orb / Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 188 HP / 68 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock / Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ground / Shadow Ball
- Protect

Additionally, this Sylveon also handles most variants of Garchomp and Conkeldurr (despite the latter's decrease in usage), and is naturally specially bulky, helping it soak up a Rotom-W's special attacks, as well as scout whatever it pivots out to with Protect. Unfortunately, this Sylveon struggles to break through certain dragons such as Goodra and CharX either due to extreme special bulk or a typing that helps to protect from Sylveon's Hyper Voice.

Last edited:
The team so far loses to Mega Sableye, especially considering our Reuniclus can't run Dazzling Gleam. Thus, I suggest Special Attacker Sylveon.

Sylveon @ Life Orb / Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 188 HP / 68 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock / Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ground / Shadow Ball
- Protect

Additionally, this Sylveon also handles most variants of Garchomp and Conkeldurr (despite the latter's decrease in usage), and is naturally specially bulky, helping it soak up a Rotom-W's special attacks, as well as scout whatever it pivots out to with Protect. Unfortunately, this Sylveon struggles to break through certain dragons such as Goodra and CharX either due to extreme special bulk or a typing that helps to protect from Sylveon's Hyper Voice.
How the hell do we lose to sableye, we have a fucking sd gliscor..

And Gliscor is carrying a toxic orb (with poison heal) so he can't be burned after the first turn he's out. Through we technically don't have a mega Sableye "switch-in" as The Pack said.
Ah, of course. Forgot about that, and I literally just commented about Poison Heal in another thread under an hour ago.
Good job brain.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I think Celticpride hit the nail on the head when he mentioned our matchup against offense. SD Gliscor + CM Reuniclus have pretty good matchups against slower teams but we're just going to get overrun by Talonflames and Dragon Dancers and whatnot. So my nom is your standard emergency button with a NP option if we wanna get fancy :). Granted this exacerbates a weakness to Weavile and Mamoswine -_- but yeah anyway here's the nomination

Thundurus @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def or SpD I forget
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast / Grass Knot / Nasty Plot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)