Other OU CCAT (Round 6 Nominations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Close run again! This time Cotton Guard + DD Mega Altaria won by 1 vote. Also, please write the full name of the pokemon when posting your vote, I saw some people writing stuff like "alt" and "talon" and I almost skipped some of your votes.

Ok so you can now nominate mons for the 4th slot!

This is our team so far:

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball / Focus Blast
- Recover

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Roost

Alright, next nomination. I would like to nominate a choice scarf magnezone for the next slot

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
Now, I know that magnezone has lost a lot of viability right now, but I think it could work on the team. It helps the team deal with mega scizor, a big problem especially if it gets up an SD. Magnezone also does his standard steel trapping to help against ferrothorn and skarmory, both of those being pokes that are a bit challenging to break past right now for the team. He would also give us a handy fairy check, being able to revenge kill diancie, garde, and heavily damage clefable. Anyway, for those reasons, I think magnezone could work as the next poke on the team.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just leaving my thoughts here for now before I make a nomination. So we kinda get destroyed by Bisharp (after a SD it sweeps), Weavile and Scizor. Also several setup sweepers and opposing Altarias are huge threats, and offense still kinda steamrolls us since Altaria can't really switch into really powerful physical attacks, it needs to Mega Evolve and set up Cotton Guards. Initial thoughts are a scarfer like Keldeo could be good, or something like Infernape with Slack Off (for Bisharps and Weaviles) or Gunk Shot (to lure Altarias). Basically some stuff for dark and steel types, we're also a bit weak to birdspam, slower wallbreakers like Diggersby/Tyrantrum and setup mons like TG Manaphy with Ice Beam.

At this point, we are Weavile weak, as well as weak to Dark spam in general. We are also not so great against offense but prepared against defensive teams. Looks like Scarf Keldeo to the rescue!

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Electric

The decline of Scarf Keld is pretty clear, but that also gives it some surprise value. Efficiently revenge kills a whole bunch of stuff, as well as lending its decent defensive typing to the group. Gliscor and the Cell are nice at breaking down bulky teams but it's time to get some real speed in here. Also checks Scizor and Bisharp, who can both be a nuisance to the current core.
I hope Celticpride doesn't mind but I'd like to renominate his last round nomination (and I don't want to write it up because I'm short on time) as it synergies extremely well with our team checking some major threats to it and providing some much needed speed.

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
See above, although i prefer AV Azumarill to Keldeo. I like AV more now to knock off crap for altaria.
sap sippin (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 1 SpA / 16 SpD / 1 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Superpower
No aqua jet since our team doesnt really need clean up, and altaria hates ferrothorn due to leech seed + gyro ball etc.

Hi, I'm new here so tell me if I do anything wrong.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts/Sheer Force
EVs: 108 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Def / 144 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch/Fire Punch

Right now, it appears our team is extremely weak to dark types, Scizor and Gengar. AV Conk serves as a solid Bisharp and Weavile check while also acting as a reasonable Gengar check. I've gone with a fairly standard set but if we want we can choose to carry fire punch to lure in Scizor and Skarmory to an extent.

bludz

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So thinking about it I actually think that SD WoW Talonflame would be great here, it beats other Mega Altarias, Scizor, and while it isn't really switching into Weavile or Bisharp it sorta checks them once inside, plus it does help against offense some thanks to priority. I really wish we had voted that in or Scarf Keld just because looking at it I'm having trouble finding better nominations than those two for the current squad and I sorta wanted to nom Lopunny as the mega <.<

So I was thinking about renominating SD WoW Talonflame from last round but I'm not going to do it yet as I'm still weighing other options here.

Edit: alright I got a nomination, it's a little wonky but I think it might work.

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Gunk Shot

So yeah I don't know if I've heard about this set being used in OU at all actually but I think it could be decent. And for our team it fulfills the role of checking Scizor, Bisharp, and Weavile while having Gunk Shot for Altarias (does a solid 60%-70% to offensive DD sets and outspeeds them at +1 easily). U-turn for momentum and it's a great move for a scarfer. Also I guess if we could try Naive with Fire Blast to avoid recoil

Last edited:
Defensive wow Infernape

Infernape @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch

Right now we are weak as fuck to scizor weavile and bisharp. Defensive will o wisp counters weavile and bisharp, and it hard checks mega scizor.

Nominating this:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earth Power / Will-O-Wisp
- Lava Plume / Magma Storm

The team lacked a solid answer to Talonflame and Scizor; every member is set up fodder for the two tbh. With Heatran tho, that's not going to happen. I feel Heatran would be a cool addition not only for that but also for its providing of Stealth Rock, which we don't have atm. Leaves us weak to DD Altaria with EQ still as well as others but fixing the Sciz-Flame problem is pretty big imo. Slashed Will-o so to potentially get Gyara on the switch + cripple other tran switch ins. Max HP with max speed is something I looked into to check Bisharp a bit and take on TFlame even better, so that's someting. Anyways, this is my nomination ^^

Voting time!

Choice Scarf Magnezone
Choice Scarf Keldeo
AV Azumarill
AV Conkeldurr
Choice Scarf Infernape
Defensive Infernape
Heatran

So many choice scarf and AV pokemon lol

bold your vote and only vote once!

bludz

I'm also leaning toward Choice Scarf Keldeo (not voting yet) but my only concern is that it's our primary switch-in to Bisharp's Knock Off which makes it lose the effectiveness in checking stuff like Mega Diancie. If we do vote it in then that should be considered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)