OU Conquest Round 2 (see post #73 for deets)! DEO-D IS BANNED.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
So much for a comeback, huh NixHex :\ gg Badass

Focus Punch Breloom and Sleep hax made this one a loss for me

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Beat Doughboy in a gg

1) vs Doughboy | WIN | +11 | 31
2) vs Bad Ass | LOSS | -15 | 16
3) vs LilOU | LOSS | -8 | 8
4) vs Joeyboy | WIN | +10 | 18
5) vs Double01 | WIN | +18 | 36

lost to pwnmon 22--- -11 ----> 11

won vs OMXIV 11----> +4 ----> 15

lost to badass 15 ----> -7 ----> 8

eliminated omxiv 8 ---- 2 + 3 ---> 13 (should it be 1 gold coin or 2 if he had 2 left?)

lost to novaray 13 --- -7 ----> 6 (damn haxrachi)

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Battle #04: Feb 21st, 2013

4) vs. Pwnemon | Won | 3W-1L-0T | +8 Doubloons | 32 total |

We have to murder this BadAss (81 coins) If someone wants to battle, I'm [C]LilOu on IRC (PM me there or VM on my Smogon's profile), there is nobody :[

Next round I want to see something more extreme such as no weather or no dragons. For this round, no many (if at all) changes took place with people teams and no one uses drill. Everyone stuck with their try and true teams for standard ou for the contest.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Congrats to Bad Ass for sweeping R1 of the OU Conquest! Everybody give Bad Ass a round of applause for his sweep!

Now, I'd like to hear the competitors' opinions on this round and suggestions for the next round. What were some of the shortcomings of this format overall? What can our platform be for next round?

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Well, firstly, no one used Excadrill. Personally, I used my standard OU team. I think that Exca without sand rush is not broken, you have to relay on mold breaker or sand force, so maybe a support set with rapid spin to hit gengar on the switch (mold breaker) is the preferable set. I thought about scarf sand force drill, but be locked on earthquake is not funny :[

Darkrai for the next round!

Stratos

Banned deucer.
As doughboy said above, I really think the biggest fault was that it was standard ou. Honestly, aside from being a decentish spinner, mold breaker/sand force exca were a non-factor. doughboy was the only person i saw even /using/ it and it wasn't even that good.

i had one match against it. i was so determined to find bad ass on IRC and win over his shit. regardless, Exca is definitely standard OU material. Recommendations for next round is ban Choice

I have done 3 battles in this round and they was all very good but unfortunately I didn't have time to build a team around Mold Breaker Excadrill so I didn't use it, my opponents didn't use it too. In the next round I'd see how Lugia works in OU, just out of curiosity.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After a long and busy weekend, I am ready to start the next round. I have recruited user Electrolyte to help manage the W/L spreadsheet. Let's get down to business.

Round 2
No more Steels

Rules: Standard OU, except all Steel-types are banned.

A couple people suggested that I make a more drastic change for this next round, one being "no Draagons." So, I decided to do the opposite and just outright ban Steel-types. Will Dragons dominate this round? Will Starmie appreciate a lack of Ferrothorn?

Now here are your basic instructions. If you don't follow these instructions it throws a wrench in the whole process so PLEASE do so:

Do not make a base post. Do not make a base post. Make a new post every time you finish battling someone. I don't really care about pc++ in this thread, just don't be obnoxious and post contentless stuff. Your update should be formatted as follows:

Battle #5: (the number of the battle you are reporting)
Name: Hazerider (your username)
Opponent: Sprinkles (your opponent's username)
Result: Win (we all know Hazerider > sprinkles)
Points: 40 + 10 = 50 (if you win, currency before battle + half of opponent's currency before battle rounded down) -or- 40 / 2 = 20 (currency before battle divided by two, rounded up)
Replay: <link to replay> (This is optional because I know there have been problems with sharing replays but please supply them if you can, it'd be nice to see how this format plays out!)

Max amount of coins to win this round is 150.
Starting Currency this round is 20.

Go.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
Have [c] somewhere in your irc username, and don't troll #pokemon or you'll likely get banned from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)