OU Defensive Weatherless Team

So this is a team I built while I was trying out some type combo's. It started out offensive but as I replaced some pokemon it got bulkier until I finally made in mostly defensive.

Preview:

The Team In Detail.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Roar

Heatran starts off the f/w/g core strong with a great typing. He is one of if not the best fire types in OU and certaintly the bulkiest. He brings in a whole lot of key resistances that my team can't deal without. His Moveset is standard for a Special bulky set. I like using him for his ability to phaze as well as status set up sweepers. He walls sun teams and his lava plumes are pretty decent in the sun especially if he picks up flash fire.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass
- Thunder Wave

Celebi continues the f/w/g core and is another special wall at my disposal. She also begins my U-turn duo and brings more status to the table. Many a sweeper has switched into celebi hoping for set-up bait and fines them paralyzed than getting baton passed out until they are face to face with a counter. Plus she stops some threats such as breloom and some Keldeo.

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Serious Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Jellicent completes the f/w/g core. He packs the tools necessary to draw in ferrothorn than send him back burned and taunted. She is a burn machine and really trusty and taking down problematic fighting types. When I use her I'm always spamming burn and can spread the status all over a team wrecking a physically based team.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Landorus is my second U-turner and my SR setter. He also checks alot of physical attackers as his superb attack stat packs a punch even with lowered investment. He leads off a lot of games due to the important of rocks. He can beat most spinnes though that usually falls to Jellicent. Ground/Flying is great for defense and it pairs quite well with f/w/g.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower

While he may seem odd to include in a defensive team Mamoswine has held me together more times than I can count. His typing works quite well with his ability and the rest of my team to aid it slightly defensively. However He is on this team more because of offensive ability. His Ice Shards check large portions of the meta and many switches can be destroyed by a well times Earthquake or superpower. If a sweeper is able to break all my walls than he tends to be the last hope.

Forretress @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch

Forrestress brings in the spikes and spinning that are key to a defensive team. He also is a physical wall capable of walling and setting up on dragons locked into outrage. His custap berry is so he can come in on low health and use priority rapid spin to clear the fields. His immunity to Tspikes is one of many assets as he can spin them before my team gets overwhelmed by poison.

Last edited:
Just a quick glance but in
my experience with stall teams you always need a Rapid Spinner so your foe cant out stall you with hazards, and Spikes is also great on stall. I'd replace Empoleon with Forretress who has both.

Also you usually want a Trick scarfer to destroy opposing walls of Calm Minders. An opposing Chansey could be very troublesome for this team.

And then I'd change U-Turn to Baton Pass on Celebi to avoid being Pursuited.

Last edited:
Even if Celebi has U-Turn, Calm Nature is still superior, the damage is negligible and it also allows him to take on Breloom much better, and like Vann said, U-Turn should be changed to Baton Pass, the little damage is not worth it in exchanged for more survivability.

You should use the standard spread of Mamoswine, it still retains much of it's bulk(although the reduced bulk is noticable) but it makes Mamoswine even harder to stop once you weakened the enemy with your stalling.

Emopleon might have a real good typing, but it doesn't cut it, you might try and use a Cleric which makes you even harder to take down. But a Spinner is usually better. The only good Spinner for your team is Forretress, it meshes well with it's typing, not to mention it can use Spikes or TSpikes, depending on the teams needs, but I don't recommend using both because Forretress is strapped at four moves, and Rapid Spin is non-negotiable.

If you do use TSpikes, I suggest you change Celebi's TWave to something else

Woot, your team is actually pretty solid, I give you that. :) :3

I took the suggestion for Baton pass and gave Mamoswine speed EVs. If you meant something else please tell me as your wording was not specific. I've added in Forretress and the new spinning and spikes helped out tremendously. I'm new to using Forretress so if there is a better set I should know about pls tell me. Thanks for the rates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)