1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

OU Fighting Monotype Team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Deoxys 386, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Deoxys 386

Deoxys 386

I enjoy creating monotype teams. Currently, I'm planning out a Fighting monotype team. There are a couple things I'm not sure about, so I'd like to get your feedback and suggestions. Any suggestions will be accepted as long as they're not rude. Here it goes.

Machamp @ Life Orb
    Adamant nature
    252 Atk, 200 Spe, 58 HP
    Ability: No Guard
    - DynamicPunch
    - ThunderPunch
    - Ice Punch
    - Stone Edge
    I was thinking of maybe using Conkeldurr here, but Machamp sounded better for this situation due to access to the elemental punches to give me more type coverage, and DynamicPunch and Stone Edge with No Guard is a plus, too.

Gallade @ Choice Band
    Adamant nature
    252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 HP
    Ability: Steadfast
    - Close Combat
    - EQ
    - Fire Punch
    - Psycho Cut
    This exact Gallade has proven very useful in my Psychic monotype team. Thus, I think he will do well in this team, as well. I can, of course, always make moveset changes if necessary.

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Modest nature
    252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6 HP
    Ability: Inner Focus
    - Nasty Plot
    - Aura Sphere
    - Shadow Ball
    - Dragon Pulse
    With little to no options for Dragon-type moves on sweepers elsewhere, and with Lucario being amongst my favorite Pokemon, I had to include him. I went with Shadow Ball over Dark Pulse due to the fact that I have no Ghost moves anywhere else on my team.

Infernape @ Focus Sash
    Timid nature
    252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6HP
    Ability: Blaze
    - Stealth Rock (maybe)
    - Vacuum Wave
    - Fire Blast
    - Grass Knot
    I always have Stealth Rock or Spikes on my team, and Infernape is the only fully-evolved Fighting-type that can learn it. But, I'm iffy about it. Advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
    Impish nature
    200 HP, 58 Atk, 252 Def
    Ability: Justified
    - T-Wave
    - Roar
    - Swords Dance
    - Sacred Sword
    To think Cobalion cannot learn Bulk Up... Anyway, obviously physical wall here. I think T-Wave would give me a chance to set up Swords Dance without getting hit first, and then I have Roar because Roar, of course.

Scrafty @ Leftovers
    Careful nature
    200 HP, 58 Atk, 252 SpD
    Ability: Shed Skin
    - Toxic
    - Bulk Up
    - Drain Punch
    - Crunch
    And last but not least, the special wall. Generally, I have two walls on my teams, one with T-Wave, the other with Toxic. This is the one with Toxic. Bulk Up would also allow Scrafty to increase his other defensive stat and put him at less of a disadvantage. Drain Punch, obviously, to recover HP.

OK, that's that. Any feedback would be appreciated here. Just like I said, as long as it's not rude, any advice is great.
  2. blunder

blunder

This team is very.... interesting. the only thing is, If you want Scrafty to be a wall, Give it Rest along with Bulk up. Lucario should be timid over Modest and Run Vacuum wave or Dragon Pulse. Gallade doesnt Need EQ, or Fire Punch, and Machamp doesn't need Thunderpunch. For Gallade, Use Ice Punch and Shadow Sneak, and For Machamp, Run Bullet Punch
  3. Venom

Venom red eyes no visine
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Mono teams are fun. I wouldn't run Focus Sash on Infernape, it's pretty fragile and it's not even your lead. The only way I would run Focus Sash is if it's leading on my team, it doesn't so do bad. You have no type of Rapid Spinner though, so Focus Sash is useless on Infernape. MixApe would be the best replacing set here, get rid of the Sash and put an Expert Belt or Life Orb on it. I'm actually surprised your not using Shadow Sneak on Gallade. With a Choice Band, this weakass priority move can be the most useful move on your team. A choice banded Shadow Sneak is unexpected and it can be the move that makes a difference in a turn. I would try out Ice Punch as well, it will give you more coverage against Dragons. Psycho Cut seems pretty good banded + STAB, but Gallade has a good movepool and you don't have a need for STAB moves. Zen Headbutt would be a better option if you still want to run STAB. Something like CC / Ice Punch / Shadow Sneek / Zen Headbut looks good. Machamp should really be running Bullet Punch > ThunderPunch, for purposes similar to Gallade. Cobalion makes a pretty weak Physical wall, even with his high Defense. You might as well run something like a Calm Mind set, a little unexpected that can catch a few off guard and Flash Cannon + Focus Blast is a good combination. Solid fighting team overall.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)