1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

OU Metagame Analysis is up!

Discussion in 'The Smog' started by Philip7086, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philip7086

Philip7086 Myuu
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Factory Headis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

2. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

was waiting for this, now for a good read =)

edit: Wow, Scizor's usage is really showing in the teammates statistics for each Pokemon. If you take a look, Scizor is in the top 5 in teammate statistics for every of the other 19 top Pokemon bar Skarmory, which is plain amazing. Also, Scizor is way too often no. 1 and no. 2.
  3. lordkira

lordkira

thanks a lot.
    been waiting for this ㅡㅜ
  4. Phantom_IV

Phantom_IV

Great read. Amazing that you could write this up in so little time (though perhaps it needed a small grammar check). Thanks Phil!
  5. VKCA

VKCA (Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)

Fantastic, favorite article of this issue me thinks.
    One thing I noticed:
    under heatran it says
  6. Hood Dream

Hood Dream

I love it, this will help me a lot.
  7. Crim09

Crim09

Scizor is definitely used a lot. Looking over this should give me a good idea about what I need to look out for.
  8. Skippy

Skippy

I see Bliss frequently and mence frequently. I see scizor and lucario moderately. Most teams are builtaround mence when I see mences.
  9. Loisal

Loisal

The way through without getting bored halfway lol. Most of the things that comes to my mind about the current metagame has already been addressed. Though I think maybe there should be some mention about Gyarados, though it hasn't changed much at all since DP except for the new addition of Bounce. Many teams now also run both Salamence and Gyarados (offensive spread) despite the double SR weakness because double Intimidate has proven to be very helpful in the current metagame.
  10. Sprinkles

Sprinkles

good read, great job
  11. SatiSuicune

SatiSuicune

Cool, that was a lot to read. It's amazing how the metagame has changed so fast in such a short time. I'll be reading it again later (since I skipped a lot of the reading the first time through. lol)
  12. eXeggutoraped

eXeggutoraped

I want to see the usage with latias gone
  13. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Um, this was from last issue, we have a new issue lol, and you can view usage stats in the threads in Stark Mountain, but keep in mind May's only show a few days of Latias's ban. Just wait for next month...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)