OU Mini-Tournament #2 [Won by ThunderBlunder!]

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Birkal & Pocket

How to participate:
  • The OU Mini-Tournaments are run just like an official Smogon tournament. The first thread/post posted is the sign-ups. During the sign-ups you post "in".
  • The Rounds will last exactly 4 days from the second the round is posted here in the OU sub-forum. At the end of the 4 days, unfinished matches at the deadline will decided by coin flip. Exception: *If you contacted your opponent but they do not respond by the day before the deadline, then if that match does not get completed you will win by activity*
  • Each mini-tournament will consist of 16, 24, 32, 48 or even 64 participants. It will be first come first serve. Sign-ups will last for approximately 3 days unless the tournament reaches 64 participants, at which point sign-ups will finish.

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

OU Mini-Tournaments Rules:
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.
  • Standard Gen V OU. Refer to this page for more information on usable Pokemon.
  • This is a single elimination best of one tournament.
  • You may switch your team each round.

Battle Clauses:

• Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Soul Dew Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview

Other things to note about OU Mini-Tournaments:
  • Many of these tournaments will have quirks/gimmicks such as allowing previously banned pokemon or banning certain OU pokemon.
  • There won't be more than one tournament running at a time.
  • Any of the above rules are subject to change depending on the tournament at hand.
  • The second post will always outline the special rules of the tournament.
  • Please turn in a log or replay of your battle once it has been completed. This will ensure there is no drama, and select replays can be put up on the OU hub once the tournament reaches a close.

Round One!

Parappa Da Sneak vs. MOET
Eranu vs. Ganj4lf
Husky vs. pokemon0078
H-C vs. Demist
King vs. GaryTheGengar
Chimpakt vs. Papai noel
ClubbingSealCub vs. Aqualouis
DEMo Gorgon47 vs. Drako
Valentine vs. Orichalcos Owl
Level 51 vs. DarkBlazeR
The Exeggutor vs. exotic
Incon vs. freedom2
The Unlucky one vs. Temp V1
Princess Bri vs. SethZiBritannia
Hot N Cold vs. CTC
BKC vs. Stone RG
LilOuOn vs. Brotom
Asek vs. Kennen
The Great Mighty Doom vs. dragonuser
undisputed vs. yee
Masamune vs. LCampoy8
ThunderBlunder vs. shartruce2
.Robert vs. dfiend
Double01 vs. FelixMinamimoto
lokt vs. Young Wild Free
Lavos Spawn vs. Jayde
BurningMan vs. BROStime
XKnightX vs. Shammas
Roie vs. Gary2346
Dracule Mihawk vs. Metroid78
Remedy vs. ThePillsburyDoughBoy
Blim vs. Improbable

Activity wins/Coin Flip Wins

Husky vs. pokemon0078
Chimpakt vs. Papai noel
Valentine vs. Orichalcos Owl
Princess Bri vs. SethZiBritannia
Hot N Cold vs. CTC
BKC vs. Stone RG
LilOuOn vs. Brotom
Masamune vs. LCampoy8
ThunderBlunder vs. shartruce2
.Robert vs. dfiend
Double01 vs. FelixMinamimoto
Dracule Mihawk vs. Metroid78
Remedy vs. ThePillsburyDoughBoy
Blim vs. Improbable

Round Two!

Level 51 vs. freedom2
XKnightX vs. ThunderBlunder
The Great Mighty Doom vs. Chimpakt
MOET vs. Husky
Lavos Spawn vs. exotic
Drako vs. CTC
Dracule Mihawk vs. LilOuOn
Remedy vs. Yee
Double01 vs. Aqualouis
Temp V1 vs. BROStime
Masamune vs. Blim
Valentine vs. Princess Bri
Ganj4lf vs. Stone RG
Young Wild Free vs. King
Asek vs. Gary2346
H-C vs. .Robert

Activity Wins/Coin Flip Wins

The Great Mighty Doom vs. Chimpakt
MOET vs. Husky
Lavos Spawn vs. exotic
Drako vs. CTC
Remedy vs. Yee
H-C vs. .Robert

Round Three!

.Robert vs. The Great Mighty Doom
Blim vs. LilOuOn
Lavos Spawn vs. Drako
Aqualouis vs. Stone RG
Temp V1 vs. Yee
Young Wild Free vs. MOET
Valentine vs. Asek
ThunderBlunder vs. freedom2

Round Four!

Yee vs. Young Wild Free
The Great Mighty Doom vs. Stone RG
Blim vs. Valentine
Drako vs. ThunderBlunder

Semi-Finals!

The Great Mighty Doom vs. Valentine
Yee vs. ThunderBlunder

Finals!

The Great Mighty Doom vs. ThunderBlunder

*Please Save your replays and send them to me via PM*

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
~~ OU Mini-Tournament 2 ~~
Bittersweet Goodbyes!

Rain is omnipresent in our current OU metagame. It quickly turns offensive threats like Keldeo, Tornadus-T, and Thundurus-T into metagame defining threats; it transforms Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Tentacruel into untouchable behemoths. So what would happen if the Rain were to just, go away? Would Sun and Sand quickly become the only viable options or would weatherless teams take center stage once again? And without Drizzle support would Ubers like Thundurus-I and Manaphy really be Uber? All this and more will be answered in the 2nd OU Mini-Tournament!

This is a standard OU tournament with Politoed banned to Ubers. Along with this Thundurus-I and Manaphy are unbanned from Ubers.

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Completely in, i didnt have the pleasure ever of being in an OU environment with Thundy and Manaphy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)