OU Mini-Tournament #5 [Won by Lavos Spawn!]

How did you win? It was a glitch that I couldn't move, you can't just take the win. I think the tournament organizer can analyze the game and realize that I had an assured victory. I had literraly my whole team, you had 3 pokemon. I had stealth rock and 3 layers of spikes set up on your side. Your thundurus was at 50% and sleeping. That would be 25% when it next switched in. I had a hard counter to everything left on your team. There is literally no way you could have one from that point. But I'll let the tournament director decide about the outcome of the match. I could simply sac pokes, get excadrill in and sweep.
edit:http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uberssuspecttest-16802394
replay is here

Honestly, although it isn't my choice, lokt had that match won. Even if Thundy woke up, it was still setup bait for a few turns.

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner

Lavos

Banned deucer.
i watched lokt's replay and it is blatantly obvious that he had it won, can't believe this nglittleguy character would go as far as to claim a win based on a simple glitch that occurred. i know it's not my call, but i would either give lokt the win or make them replay and then finish the battle from there since it's pretty clear who the better player is in this one...and we shouldn't really be condoning sneaky bullshit in mini tours anyways

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
How can you even kind of delude yourself into thinking you would have had any chance of winning that match? You had three Pokémon to his six (yeah, you hadn't KO'd a single one), and one of your Pokémon was asleep. Thundurus couldn't have gotten past Amoongus, even IF it could have woken up. If Lokt doesn't get the win, I'll be severely disappointed. Not that my opinion matters, I guess...

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Too bad. But there is a reason it say "nglittleguy won. "
lol wow. if anything you just made yourself look like a dick. You don't deserve the win because you were never going to, stop deluding yourself

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
On the subject of nglittleguy vs. lokt. I've given the win to lokt because he most assuredly had the guaranteed win. Jellicent walls Politoed, even if Politoed hits it with maybe HP Grass, which we have no way of knowing you have, he just switches into Amoonguss. Amoonguss also hard walls Ferrothorn who can just be PP stalled. Even if Thundurus were to wake up, Nasty Plot, he is still by no means going to win you the game. Lokt can sack either Skarmory or Heatran to bring in Hippo and then sack the other of Skarmory and Heatran to bring in Excadrill in the Sand.

Again I don't really think this needs to be said but please do not assume that just because "nglittleguy won" came up that you had the win, especially not after you share the replay that has you and your opponent talking pre-disconnect.

If either party wishes to discuss this further feel free to PM me. I am more than willing to discuss it and if nglittleguy can reliably prove to me he could win I am willing to let the party replay to the point of the match where the disconnect happened. There will not be a replay with new teams.

Have a good day~

Also, another PSA:

Please do not post your replays in this thread, unless of course you get your opponents permission. As a tournament player I know that I would not want my opponent sharing our replay, giving my team away. There is a reason I said PM the replay. I will post them at the tournament's close.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)