Tyranitar (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Taunt

DD T-Tar. This wreaks havoc on status inflicting/non attacking pokemon like Umbreon, Skarmory, Weezing, etc

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Surf

MixPert/phazer. Really good against T-Tar and Salamence. I have a hard time fighting bulky waters with this.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Meteor Mash
- Psychic

Mixed attacker. Max attack for Blissey, HP Fire for Forry/Skarm, and Psychic for Weezing. Explosion as a last resort against Suicune.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (-Atk, +Def)
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Thunder Wave

Standard.

Weezing (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 12 Spd / 60 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Explosion
- Flamethrower
- Haze
- Sludge Bomb

Another Mixed attacker. Haze for stat boosting. Weak against Gengar and Dusclops.

Sceptile (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature (-Atk, +Spd)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Leaf Blade
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

Sub-seeder. Celebi, Aerodactyl, and Jolteon(with HP Ice) counter this for the most part.

I just made this team yesterday and I've been testing it btw, and its been doing pretty good. The main weaknesses against this team are Gengar and Swampert(if Sceptile dies). Fast stat boosters give me a hard time too.

Sceptile is a little confusing. It's ability should be overgrow, I don't know why it would have immunity...and its nature should be timid instead of jolly, as to lower your unused attack. Also, I think there are more ideal EV spreads (which focus on beefing up your defenses) than that but I can't bother to look them (it) up right now.

Nice post Heysup.

Edited Sceptile, was typing too fast that I made some typos, and how is saying 'Very standard' a nice post.

Sorry if it came off like that. I was just refering to the fact that your team is Made up of all standard pokemon, with standard strategies and pokemon combonations. The least common thing here is Sceptile, but its still standard for it to be a subseeder. Mix Gross is very common lately.

If you want to make it more interesting you could make Sceptile into a Special sweeper, Make TTar DDLiechi or something to that effect.

Im not saying its a bad team, its appears to be a very solid good team, but i was just refering to the fact that all of these pokemon/strats are used by everyone, so as i said, "very standard". It is the nature of OU teams to be similar to others.

Overall, this seems fine to me. There are some things that can be tuned though:

* TTar doesn't really need max speed, just enough for him to hit 200. The rest can go into HP.

* Swampert's EVs are a bit odd as well (I know they're the ones listed in the Smogon dex, but meh). I just use max HP, enough SAtk to hit 220 (bare minimum to OHKO some min/min salas etc. in Sandstorm). I'm on the wrong computer right now, but if I recall correctly, that's 56 EVs in SAtk. The rest I just lump into Def, since STABed EQs and other random stuff he will run into adds up faster than you'd expect. I also always use Protect on my Mixperts, for scouting and extra lefties recovery. It should go in over Surf on that set.

* Metagross looks fine, it's just a shame that it's slower than Milotic, Suicune and friends that it would love to explode against. Making it faster than them would require quite a bit of EVs though, and another nature (Naughty or something). At least it's faster than the standard Blissey and Weezing :)

* Blissey needs Ice Beam. Gengar with Giga Drain and Sub (not as uncommon as you'd expect) will lol at a large part of your team otherwise. Throw some SAtk EVs on it while you're at it.

Weezing and Sceptile both look fine to me. I've never seen a mixed attacking Weezing though, and I find that whenever I use Weezing it suffers from the moveslot syndrome. Haze might be redundant since you have a phazer in Pert and neither will be able to stand up against a good Calm Minder. The only pokemon I can imagine Weezing would use Haze against is a last-man-standing Curselax.

I don't like starting with tar but if that's your thing go for it. I like a sturdier tar as well but whatever like i said if it works for you.

your swampert is useless. mixed gross is somewhat less useless and I can see it working. weezing sucks without will o wisp so git it in lieu of ft. change the EVs back to 320 hp max def rest in attack impish.

your sceptile works.. but subseeders do NOT work with sandstorm. ugh.

your team has little power behind it. tar can fuck shit up but since you'll be relying on it to hurt stuff you shouldn't be leading it. keep him in the back til you have no other option or it's time for him to rip.

I don't like starting with tar but if that's your thing go for it. I like a sturdier tar as well but whatever like i said if it works for you.

Well in this case leading with Ttar is ok, as he has half his team immune to ss. Although if he leads with it, he should probably use leftovers so it lasts longer. Heal bell works fine in case it gets status'd.

your swampert is useless. mixed gross is somewhat less useless and I can see it working. weezing sucks without will o wisp so git it in lieu of ft. change the EVs back to 320 hp max def rest in attack impish.

I wouldnt say useless. Mixpert is actually very strong. I would definately use Hydro Pump>surf for the ohkos on gengar, 2hkos on skarm and forry etc though.

your sceptile works.. but subseeders do NOT work with sandstorm. ugh.

Good Point, but leech seed hurts more with SS.

your team has little power behind it. tar can fuck shit up but since you'll be relying on it to hurt stuff you shouldn't be leading it. keep him in the back til you have no other option or it's time for him to rip.

Meh. Its not that weak.

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I agree with ABC-Trainer, there is not enough recovery to justify that moveset of Swampert on your team. Yeah, you do have leech seed but Sceptile deals with all of the same threats Swampert does - so no leech will ever pass to him. Thus meaning in a lot of cases, he will just be a dead wall waiting to be torn down. It's quite obvious you don't even need a Bulky Water on this team. 4/6 pokes have the potential to beat Aero/Dragons and 3/6 can beat an opposing Tyranitar. So what you basically need is something that can't be set up on but that will provide you with extra support against another threat.

I mean it's a weird team: Sceptile with basic stallers and a Tyranitar seems to me like your trying to shove stall and offense in one package. To my knowledge, I don't think that works.

Good Team Really, But It needs a Fighting type Coverage, Like a Gengar Or Something..Weezing Is just Too Brittle to Fight With Common Fighting Type users, Mostly Paired With Special Attacks, and That Sceptile Could work as a Lead, Sub Seed Stall, Then Switch If Necessary..

The only fighting attacks being used are Focus punch, and brick break. Focus Punch means the pokemon is either a CB, or a subpuncher, which you can tell before hand, meaning they have no Satks. Brick Break is weak enough to not matter much(non-stab).

Weezing counters these pokemon extremely well. And gengar is for more squishy then Weezing, i dont know what you are talking about :(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)