OU monotype grass team

i built this team a few months ago and its been working well but i feel it could be better

Harley Quinn (Celebi) @ Leftovers Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earth Power

this one serves as my lead support i use thunder wave to cripple opposing starters then stealth rock the boosted def is for u-turn users and the increased spd is to outspeed most leads im somewhat having problems with it it gets the job done as a support lead but its not bulky enough to switch out and come back in to battle so its either die after set up or set up and use as last resort I use her to absorb status problems but that's about all she can do I don't want to use torterra cuz of the 4x ice weakness any ideas?

Kingpin (Ludicolo) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Giga Drain

this is a good sweep right after celebi paralyzes a poke especially a fire rain dance can be set up then swift swim kicks in and the 2 STABs KO any poke without resistance and ice beam for dragons ludi serves as my weather poke the rain helps my whole team against fire but with it being my only dragon killer and life orb recoil it can't stay out long unless a grass weakness shows then giga drain restores good health but I need to pair him with another dragon killer

T-Bolt Ross (Breloom) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Spore

my favorite sweeper when set up effectively focus sash allows me to spore then sd then mach punch or bullet seed away pretty self explanatory breloom and cacturne work well together breloom lures psychics and cacturne lures other fightings his max Spd makes him Mach punch faster than most scizor and a few other priority abusers

Lizard (Sceptile) (M) @ Power Herb
Trait: Unburden
- SolarBeam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Giga Drain

this is the one i have the most trouble with its too frail to be switched in but too weak to continuously sweep i picked unburden basically cuz i wanted a poke faster than dory in sandstorm at first i was using leaf storm with white herb then i found power herb and picked solarbeam but after the first use then it only works well in sunlight focus blast for ice hp ground for fire and giga drain to regain health but he is still too frail any comments on him would really be helpful or should i just replace him with another grass?

Scarecrow (Cacturne) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Drain Punch

my sandstorm threat only thing i'm wondering about is his item before the update i was using bright powder and my evasion rate was good enough to sweep a whole team he usually follows celebi after a tyranitar lead setting up with substitute until tyra misses or is stunned then sd and drain punch to gain my health back then sucker punch to anyone not resisting the def boost is to withstand roobushin and breloom

King Richard (Jarooda) (M) @ Grass Jewel
Trait: Perversity
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Reflect

last but not least my main sweep start with leaf storm and get +6 then giga drain for good health regen and hp water for fires and i couldnt decide on another move i didnt want to use sub cuz his defenses arent that good to withstand attacks so i jus use reflect to live against physicals who have an upper edge on me

interesting, Monotype :)

Why grass?

Anyway I reckon you need Nattorei somewhere on this team for those dragons. It also gives the needed flying and poison neutral. Try it over Sceptile.
A Cradily would also be interesting, giving another neutral to Fire.

Nothing much else to do, seeing as there isn't much variety with Grass. You ought to try Dragon, Ghost or Steel. Much more fun 8).

GL

grass cuz well cuz in sapphire I made a grass team nd beat the game and ever since then I been trying to perfect it imo its the hardest to work with since it has jus about the most weaknesses and i like the challenge and I used to have both cradily and nattorei but they turned out to be stall pokes and that messed up my flow but ill try again nd make them more offensive

nd thnx for ya input guys

ok here's my idea for a nattorei

Nattorei @ Shed Shell
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 127 Atk / 127 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Thunder Wave
- Curse
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

ok so he's the opposite of Sceptile he decreases in spd and increases in his bulkiness thunder wave cripples fire switch-ins comments plz

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Welcome to Smogon, ejd!

Please increase your descriptions for Celebi, Breloom, and Ludicolo; they're currently violating RMT rule #3. Also, stop double posting: simply use the edit button if you forgot to say something in one of your posts. I merged your posts for now. Keep this in mind for the future.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)