Other OU Player of the Week #10: CTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Banner by me

Welcome to OU's Player of the week, a thread where I interview well known players to gain insight on how they battle, as well as get to know some things about them. The goal of this thread is to have these high level players give insight to other players in this community in hopes of creating a better overall experience in the OU environment. As always, if theres someone youd like to see interviewed, feel free to shoot me a PM. So without further ado, lets get to it!

CTC
Most Known For: They call me yung rap god team builder extraordinaire Basedlord CTC

Favorite Pokémon: Riolu

Most used Pokémon: ADV - Snorlax/Milotic, DPP - Lucario, BW - Riolu, XY - Ninja? Probs latis or landT

Do the letters in your name stand for anything? If so, what?
They stand for Christ the Comforter, a phrase I took from the book Ender's Game which I was reading when I started playing netbattle at the yung age of 11. The name remains classy, dignified, and appropriate for a lord of my stature til this day, in contrast with prepubescent titles like "gr8 asstard", "blazinKickinCoon", "McFaggon" etc

How and when did you get into competitive battling?
Long story short I lent my dbz game to a friend in exchange for his ruby version. I took interest in the game, and through fascination for pokemon I stumbled across netbattle. Soon I became an adv god at 11 years of age under the tutelage of user "whengranniesattack". After nearly a year on netbattle I stopped playing the game, but took up dpp for a couple months shortly thereafter. Then I took a long break due to school and finally returned late bw-early bw2 where I established my legacy as the based deity aka ou messiah aka teambuilding titan basedlord dash -

What's your favorite playstyle and why?
Hard question to answer because I often use miscellaneous and unconventional team archetypes so I would have an excuse for losing. But if I had to pick a style I'd go full fuckin stall w chansey skarm and all that good shit, perhaps an unaware mon or two in the mix so I'd never have to lose to the likes of blunder and shake

Whats your stance on the team matchup issue?
What's your stance on AIDS? Shit happens, deal with it B]

Initial thoughts on ORAS?
Same shit except now ninja gahts ta gou,,, Also skarm is much better and trappers are much gayer/prevalent

Anything that stands out as being banworthy?
My ninja my ninja, my ninja my ninja -- Rich Homie OU Council

When did you start making teams for other people?
Since I came out the womb G,,, Jokes aside probably around mid bw2 after having met gr8astard. When I first started bw I actually just took teams I liked from the rmt section, among them classics like BKC's art of ruin, Stone_Cold's shitty sun, and an ho called hawaiian air by someone whose name I can't remember off the top. After realizing that all these rmt teams are horseshit I decided to try my hand at building, and damn golly Gee this man is on fire. Shoutout Hugo for being the first teambuilder I learned from but alas the pupil has surpassed the old hag haha,, peep the archive G

Do you prefer to build alone or with friends? Why?
Building with friends so they can what, suggest landorus-t, rotom, and latios to help patch up the insert threat weakness? I dont need plebs to weigh me down with shitty suggestions since I've learned from experience that collective building never turns out well. Once again if I need touch ups or a review I would only shoot Hugo a pm, and vice versa (mostly versa doe)

Whats it like running your teambuilding thread?
It's like taking your shirt off in public. You know no one aksed for it, and most people will hate on you like " who the fuck does he think he is", but hey peep them pectorials plebs

How do you go about building teams? Do you test them?
Haha, testing. Most of the time I only use a team once or twice ever, therefore testing is never done myself. I usually ask friends to test for me, for example Joey and Blunder use them in their youtube lives and I would watch to see what needs to be fixed. Usually I build when I'm bored since building is the best way to kill 15, 20 minutes when doing nothing. Building is mostly impulsive and intuitive, I use what I like and I run the team through some standard team structures/threats in my head to examine possible weaknesses. After the initial structure/strategy is set I move some mons around to cover most threats (for example a team with gliscor + ferro + slowbro weak to thund can be changed to gastro + tangrowth + tran to still cover latis + zard/gyara + sand + keld yet fare better vs thund)

Do you have any advice for people who are trying to get into big tournaments like SPL, WCoP, etc?
First of all, it's gen 6 pokemon. No one is "good" at this pile of shit generation, so don't let anyone tell you "ur shit kid". Second of all, don't be shit, kid. Last but not least, have a decent personality. If your personality is as shitty as mine then you'd better pray that you are as lordly of a player as yaboi or you should start considering opening a teambuilding thread to compensate.

Do you have any advice for newer players in general? What about Smogon?
Quit this game dude. Trust me you'll thank me in a few years, just take up croquet or oil painting or some shit. Fuck pokemon

What players do you look up to / are good friends with?
IDM the guild and US EAST, shoutou my day 1 niggas like Hugo Oli John Case Cham Edgar Joey both Kevins etc etc. I look up to the yt niggas Joey and Shofu because their videos got me interested in bw, and I also admire senpai Hugo since he was the man to beat in the bw era. On Smogon I look up to my old managers Bloo and MCM who brought me into the competitive scene on smogon by buying me in spl, and Stone Cold Dave who got me onto East (shotout my east bois)
do it 4 the guild my nakama,,,

Finally, is there a team that you can show us that reflects your playstyle and is a good fit for this Metagame? (ORAS pls): refer to http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/team-archive-by-ctc-oras-update-read-post-517.3513518/ cuz only an encyclopedia of teams can accurately represent the diverse and comprehensive style of yung basedlord. they dont call yaboi the uncounterteamable messiah for no reason, and those who do get matchup (which ironically happens quite often) are just lucky piles of bagasse

---

So there it is. If you have any questions for CTC, leave them down below (for the love of god do not type like him trying to be funny). I'd like to thank him once again for doing this, and see you next week!

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
1. do you speak the same way irl
2. where do you draw the line to being outspoken, cos idk if you've ever been infracted, yet you're not one of the poilte users
3. your fav to win spl

Building is mostly impulsive and intuitive, I use what I like and I run the team through some standard team structures/threats in my head to examine possible weaknesses.
Hey CTC, just wondering which threats you usually try to prepare for when you're patching up a team? Also, how far from standard do you usually try to go regarding these threats? In other words, will you try to prepare for things that are viable but not too common in the metagame, or is there a certain point where you decide that a particular threat just isn't common enough to worry about?

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Are you still the ADV god that you were in your younger years or do u mainly stick to playing the newer gens? (XY, BW etc) Also do you play any OM's?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Where do you draw the line between creative / underrated sets and gimmicks?
I've seen stuff like lickilicky used in your teams, which is pretty underrated, all the way to gimmicks along the lines of psywave Latias.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Do you speak normal English irl?
In what ways does PDC inspire you?
I speak quite properly irl its just this defective keyboard that stops me from typing good - based
Thoughts of user Tele?
Also, a question for Clone, when will Tele be POTW?
not gonna waste time on a stain like tele. this site has never been short of fuckheads and shit players let alone a combination of 2 such as himself
How do you live typing like ShakeItUp speaks?
i type however saves me time. fuck punctutation, fuck wrting words out fully, but i do respect to some degree my grammar doe
1. do you speak the same way irl
2. where do you draw the line to being outspoken, cos idk if you've ever been infracted, yet you're not one of the poilte users
3. your fav to win spl
speak the same way as in rude and sarcastic maybe but not retarded. idk how u would define outspoken. i say whatever the fuck i want cuz its the internet, if i get banned i get banned. cant tell which team will win cuz no rosters have been settled yet,,, from the managers doe wolves scoots classiest etc r ones im lookin out 4
CTC just here to say hey and will there be a Pokemon Cypher 2014?

PS you verse was dopeee
idk shofus too lazy 2 do one but young trap lord might throw somethin together u never know - dash lordbars
u c it would seem as though the game is what is normally referred to as a "throw", but i have a perfectly accurate backstory to it. during the game, tanner and i were in the group call together. as i was playing the fuck outta him in the beginning, tanner's mother came into his room and started to complain about his declining grades and lack of motivation in life (he plays league all day etc). she persisted throughout the game, bitching about how tanner is horseshit at everything, even the very video game hes playing atm. being a bro like myself, i quickly made every manuver possible to lose that game (including purposefully missing a couple fire blasts) in order to make tanner and his mother happy. he who sacrifices himself for the good of others is christ the altruist
Hey CTC, just wondering which threats you usually try to prepare for when you're patching up a team? Also, how far from standard do you usually try to go regarding these threats? In other words, will you try to prepare for things that are viable but not too common in the metagame, or is there a certain point where you decide that a particular threat just isn't common enough to worry about?
nothing non standard. think rotom lando tran talon clef lati keld ninja azu etc, top megas (meaning nothing like aggron etc). as for a cutoff, even stuff like hawlucha is out of consideration. no team can check everything, and even then doing so will make ur team structure static and predictable. if ur team doesnt outright lose to any of the top 20 or so threats in ou id say its fine.
Are you still the ADV god that you were in your younger years or do u mainly stick to playing the newer gens? (XY, BW etc) Also do you play any OM's?
im dogshit at adv lol last time i playd forreal i was 12. i only play xy/bw cuz i cbf to invest energy to be as "advanced" in other gens/tiers. either be top at a tier or dont play that shit. nah i dont play om's, once again too much unexploited space and id spend too much time and energy trying out everything
Where do you draw the line between creative / underrated sets and gimmicks?
I've seen stuff like lickilicky used in your teams, which is pretty underrated, all the way to gimmicks along the lines of psywave Latias.
if it fulfills a role, its not a gimmick. wave lati just needed to do damage w 1 move, cuz its purpose was just to defog and survive long enuf to do so. stuff like this often occur, when a team has a role that a common mon cannot fulfill, a simlar mon (a gimmick) will fill it. that by no means does that make the uncommon mon/set bad or a risk, its just very situational. for example on my stall team i just needed a keld counter, possibly can defog, and also checks landorus. mantine filled that role so it was chosen, its not like lati/gyara couldnt fill it but they may become liabilities when facing mons like ninja etc. its all about filling roles, which is why team synergy is important. once again nothing is a gimmick if it works.

Last edited:
1. Looking at the current list of people left on OLT, who do you think is the favourite to win?

2 . will you make a serious attempt to reach top 16 in Smogon tour?

Hey CTC
  1. How do you react whenever you read people imitating your style? Is it only slightly annoying, or do you find it cancerous? Or does it not bother you at all?
  2. Have you ever done an Aneel Blading/Pkthagod diss, and if not, when will you? Nobody likes him and there's no cypher this year so I'm praying for this instead.
  3. Riolu is your favourite Pokemon, but who is your least favourite? Is your least favourite based on ugliness or cancerness?
  4. Has being a leading member of IDM ever gotten you laid? Lie if it hasn't.
That is all.

best line on the following albums: 36 chambers, lifestylez ov da poor & dangerous, ready to die, liquid swords, illmatic, the infamous, low end theory, mmlp

most ridiculous luck shake pulled out of his ass against you in testing during wcop '13

stupidest shit reese wood has ever said

most ridiculous choke youve ever seen

notice the placement of the above question in proportion to the one prior to it; now that youve changed your answer to what it shouldve been if it wasnt already, describe the next most ridiculous choke youve ever seen

please tell me you remember when we first talked in call and laughed at jason who blew a 6-1 advantage and lost to rewer's toxicroak

come up with the most metal song title you can think of

name 5 people who, at the present time, need to do what my name change (long story) suggests

proclaim yourself as the pokemon version of timothy delaghetto. you know its true, with top quality rhymes and especially funny ass shit like this

naming art of ruin as a classic warmed my :heart:

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
What's it like having a thread where everyone sucks your dick?
hey, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery so all i can say is this dick aint gonna suck itself ykno
who's the biggest fukboi you know? And what's your favorite color?
the biggest fuccboi i know (peep the correct spelling) would have to be,,, hmmm idk either sogeking or lavo spawn cuz their (BAN ME PLEASE)ry extend beyond this game into their neckbeardian lifestyle. i used to like pink alot, no homo, but i guess i dont have a single fave color atm since i like meshed colors
1. Looking at the current list of people left on OLT, who do you think is the favourite to win?
2 . will you make a serious attempt to reach top 16 in Smogon tour?
as for olt im lookin at bloo/chimp bein the top contestants, with tesung following. pdc is a g too, so if any of those 4 win im content. its not that i havnt playd srsly in tour G, iv just been gettin my ass waxed. real talk tho i know ballsack about dpp besides a few golden rules such as always go for the ineffective move, last mon is always luke, and always stay in on a mon that has uturn. i dont like gettin ghosted or asking 4 teams, and i cbf to get into the tier too much so doubt ill make any noise in st playoffs even though making it there shouldnt be a problem. but hey then again this yrs st shows u that anythings possible, so who knows. the commitment is shitty doe aint nobody got time every week
Hey CTC
  1. How do you react whenever you read people imitating your style? Is it only slightly annoying, or do you find it cancerous? Or does it not bother you at all?
  2. Have you ever done an Aneel Blading/Pkthagod diss, and if not, when will you? Nobody likes him and there's no cypher this year so I'm praying for this instead.
  3. Riolu is your favourite Pokemon, but who is your least favourite? Is your least favourite based on ugliness or cancerness?
  4. Has being a leading member of IDM ever gotten you laid? Lie if it hasn't.
That is all.
once again, imitation = flattery. im flattered, albeit annoyed. pk is my fuckin nigga dont u talk blasphemous about the black mamba god holy lord knight peeeee kayyyyyy. nah id more likely collab w him on a diss track aimed at that pussy nigga chimpact than to diss him.
idk in terms of gayness/cancerousness id say chansey or gliscor. gliscor is fucking gay fuck that mon and ability.
yo u already know when i walk up in the club like wuts poppin G and flash my idm card (despite not being of age) a yung nigga gettin mike's hard on tap like a don. and ofc when the mike's hard gets flowin, the hoes get hoenn and its all head ORASS from there if u catch my drift
best line on the following albums: 36 chambers, lifestylez ov da poor & dangerous, ready to die, liquid swords, illmatic, the infamous, low end theory, mmlp

most ridiculous luck shake pulled out of his ass against you in testing during wcop '13

stupidest shit reese wood has ever said

most ridiculous choke youve ever seen

notice the placement of the above question in proportion to the one prior to it; now that youve changed your answer to what it shouldve been if it wasnt already, describe the next most ridiculous choke youve ever seen

please tell me you remember when we first talked in call and laughed at jason who blew a 6-1 advantage and lost to rewer's toxicroak

come up with the most metal song title you can think of

name 5 people who, at the present time, need to do what my name change (long story) suggests

proclaim yourself as the pokemon version of timothy delaghetto. you know its true, with top quality rhymes and especially funny ass shit like this

naming art of ruin as a classic warmed my :heart:
best line
36 chambers: imma sew ur ass shut then imma feed u n feed u n feed u-- now thats some pimp shit
lifestylz: big L be lightin niggas like incense gettin men lynched to win tits im killin' infants for ten cents cause im a street genius with a unique penis -- i can relate to the last line
ready 2 die: from the beretta, puttin all the wholes in ya sweatah, the money getta, mothafuckas dont know bettah -- flow on this track is just insane. bee eye gee the don
liquid swords: tbh nothin too memorable, the beats r fire doe
illmatic: wonder what my secret is, niggasll move on u only if they know what ur weakness is I have non-- Nas keepin it real. even sableye has weaknesses now but the don doesnt. hail the rap jesus
low end: cant think of a bar off the top but hey its the tribe, classic shit
mmlp: in third grade all I used to do, was sniff glue thru a tube and play rubix cube, 17 years later I'm as rude as jew, scheming on the first chick with the hugest boobs-- accurate depiction of a yung ass nigga's life
bonus: its funny cuz at the rate im goin when im 30, ill be the only person in the nursin home flirtin, pinchin nurses asses while im jackin off with jergens and im jerkin, but this whole bag of vigara isnt workin
I cant remember the exact instances of hax but i swr like 3 games in a row he needed a last turn flinchcrit, a dodge, a series of crits respectively to win and this fuckin (BAN ME PLEASE) got all of them in their respective games. the one game i rmbr the most was the last one of the 3 when i had some shit vs his sharpedo ballsack, nigga needed to double tect then flinch twice or something and the fuckhead got it,,, then he was like "its not hax cuz i called it",,, fuck this gluesniffer
reese wood --
[8/16/2014 6:42:48 PM] Reese Wood: i want to make a fun team with hyper beam
[8/16/2014 6:43:00 PM] Reese Wood: and a real team with it
[8/16/2014 6:43:17 PM] Reese Wood: not with hyper beam...
fuck is u sayin,,,
[8/14/2014 10:35:58 PM] Reese Wood: how high do i need to get for you to add me back?
snoop wood
[8/14/2014 8:13:38 PM] Reese Wood: tell john to suck my giant jewish dick
[8/14/2014 8:15:42 PM] Reese Wood: tell that autistic no aspiration piece of shit if he has a problem with me he needs to say it like a normal person
[8/14/2014 8:19:46 PM] Reese Wood: he dosnt even have a reason to kick me, if you ask him i gurantee hes going to say "hes annoying" and then when pressed on what i do to annoy him he wont give you an answer and say something stupid like hes autistic
[8/14/2014 8:20:10 PM] Reese Wood: #savereesefromjohn
#savingprivatereese
Most ridiculous choke has to be reese wood vs blarajan. nigga was using basedlord trick room and had a 6-2 lead, then the fuckhead thought setting up np with cofag was a great idea vs cm rachi when he had bandzor and lo conk. in the end nigga missed fblast and got tossed 1-0 what a phenomenal display of dickchokery. 2nd place goes to the semifinals of a bw smogtour, where yung cryolite switched his 50% garchomp into a 1% breloom to preserve the 3-0 only to take a bullet seed to the dick. the breloom then proceeded to knock out the 15% keld and 30% rotom and another magnificent chokery of penis was thus born.
Yes how can I forget jason choking on ballsack. tbf he chokes so often that its hard to enumerate every instance but that particular choke was quite memorable and propelled our friendship thereafter
Song title-- circumcision by blunt rulers and rusty nail clippers for the glory of hitler: a tale of blood an nationalism
Nah g timothy delaG is just the yt version of yaboi YAHEARD. id wreck traffik in a rap battle too, call me monday afternoons.

Last edited:
Hi Baselord CTC,

You are a single character of the Pokemon competitive's "landscape". I find interessant to see you consider yourself as a builder and not as a player. However you're there, on PotW. Unlike "star" as McMeghan,Bloo,...you never shine in any tournament (otherwise Team Tours). You always answer, saying you help other big player as MDragon who win ST but what about YOU ? Aren't you tired to be always a "ghost builder", a man useful who nobody see ? Because I think that you know better than me, you won't be "famous" in playing (look your brain stat...). So you try to balance with trashtalking, your archive topic... Doesn't it show an inferiority complex (you always add "Baselord", CTC is inhoff isn't it) ?

excuse me for my english who is poorest than Letiez

Last edited:
If I get 8 scarfrachi iron head flinches to win a losing game am I good? y/y.

Real talk: what's the best album of all time, and what's the best play you've ever seen/done in tour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)