Other OU Player of the Week #3: CrashinBoomBang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
approved by alexwolf

Banner by me

Welcome to OU's Player of the week, a thread where I interview well known players to gain insight on how they battle, as well as get to know some things about them. The goal of this thread is to have these high level players give insight to other players in this community in hopes of creating a better overall experience in the OU environment. As always, if theres someone youd like to see interviewed, feel free to shoot me a PM. So without further ado, lets get to it! (Just a note: Anyone tagged in this post was tagged in the interview by CBB)

Most Known For:
mad outbursts, especially on the ladder and especially when confronted with people of the lucky and bad variety. I think people also used to know me for using Mega Venusaur on every single team of mine although that habit has worn off by now.

Favorite Pokémon:
Gengar

Most used Pokémon:
Probably Greninja because it's the best Pokemon in the metagame and is incredibly easy to slap onto every single offensive team. Used to be Venusaur though, as previously mentioned.

How did you get your name?
Back when I was younger I played Earthbound for the first time and it had PK Thunder or some shit described as a "Crashing Boom Bang attack". I have absolutely no recollection about why that name stuck to me the way it did but I assume it was because absolutely no one even had a name similar to it.

How and when did you get into competitive battling?
Back in 2008 or whenever I was just browsing Gamefaqs on a bored afternoon. After finding my way into the Pokemon FireRed section I found a FAQ about competitive strategies. It mentioned Netbattle and, fortunately, back then the download link given still worked. I was mostly lurking back then (and on different names), but I eventually migrated to 2010-ish PO and finally to Smogon in 2012 (?).

What was it like being a Frontier Brain this season?
To be perfectly honest, it was not really a pleasant experience. While I honestly didn't think I would suffer from brain fatigue, it does get really annoying when you get lucked out of what should be a clear win multiple times in a row. It also loses a lot of its appeal when you see how far some people went to cheat the system (signing up under multiple alts to scout teams and spread them within all of Italy, lying about sets to gain an advantage during a rematch) and how disrespectful some people acted towards us when we didn't want to battle. Like, honestly, doing these battles is bad enough at times and it just loses all its remaining appeal when you have some random nobodies calling you and the other brains Johns for not wanting to battle. What I did, however, enjoy was talking to and doing stuff with my fellow brains, especially Stathakis whom I talked to a lot during Frontier.

What was it like playing in SPL and WCoP, and who do you think are some up and coming players that we may see participate next year, if any?
SPL is probably the most fun tournament just because the team atmosphere is guaranteed to be great. Like honestly, unless your manager is a total goober and drafts a bunch of garbage, you're guaranteed to have a good time. Making new teams can be a bit stressful, but overall I don't regret playing. WCOP is less fun because I don't really feel as connected to the german community as I do to many other people, although 2013 World Cup was fun too (I really lost interest in mons around WC 2014 so I only played one game). As for up-and-coming players, I consider most of the "ladder heroes" borderline terrible so there really shouldn't be many new faces this year. Someone who should make a good impression, however, is ben gay who earned my respect as both a player and a person. If someone is gonna come "out of nowhere" and dominate this SPL, it's him.

PO or PS, and why?
I used to be strongly against PS, but I've grown accustomied by it by now. Once the annoying visual glitches (such as mons dying from sand at 8%) are taken care of, it's not going to be a bad sim. I still probably prefer PO for its interface and because I hate in-browser shit, but that's whatever.

What players do you look up to / are good friends with?
Pretty sure most people I consider "good" are friends in one way or another (that's just how it works when you have a game with a huge wolfpack/people sticking together mentality like Pokemon), but two people I really look up to as a player are the two obvious picks: my good friends McMeghan and Bloo. They're just on their own level way above everybody else right now, and I'm pretty sure that one apart from themselves would really have a chance fo beat them without haxing the fuck out of them. I love how those two can be as consistent as they are through sheer skill and thinking ahead, while still going for plays if the need arises, and it's really a joy to watch the way they battle and strategise at times :). Also shoutouts to bro fist for being a sick player who doesn't play the game enough to make most people realise how good he is. Maybe he should.

How do you innovate sets such as CBBNite? (Like your thoughts when creating these new sets)
Check what the metagame is like, check what the top threats are and how to beat them. Check if there's anything in particular your team/many teams struggle to beat and build around beating said threat. When CBBNite came to mind, I was looking for an offensive glue Pokemon that could handle all 3 of Mega Charizard Y, Landorus-I and Aegislash. That meant being resistant/immune to both Fire Blast and Earth Power as they are by far the strongest attacks, not weak to any other commonly used move (Solarbeam, Focus Blast/Sacred Sword, Sludge Wave, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Flash Cannon), reliable recovery to avoid being worn down and the movepool and stats to actually take them on. Dragonite fit the bill perfectly, so I figured out a set and the EVs to take those Pokemon on in almost every situation.

If you could change on thing in OU, be it through ban or unban, what would it be and why?
While right after the Mawile ban I was heavily thinking about a Thundurus suspect, people have since stopped using it for only its ability to Thunder Wave shit and fully para them on the same turn so it's managable now. That said, I honestly think the metagame is fine as it is and I wouldn't suspect anything (except Magnet Pull right LOL jesus that thread was so stupid). I might get rid of Baton Pass just because it's so boring to play against and the people using Baton Pass also seem to be the luckiest goddamn people playing this game, dodging every move and getting ridiculous critical hits, so I guess it would reduce the luck factor somewhat.

What are you most looking forward to in ORAS?
First two weeks or so of Salamence causing chaos. After that it's gonna be boring but once we, hopefully, get a balanced metagame again it will be fun again. The beginning and the end basically.

Do you have any advice for players that are newer to the XY OU Metagame?
Watch good players play, learn from them and from your own mistakes, learn the metagame and whats good and whats bad. Learn how to handle said stuff with whatever team you're using. It's simple stuff really, and it obviously won't make you a great player over night, but the most important thing is learning from your mistakes and knowing the metagame and its current trends so you know how to handle as many threats as possible in any given scenario. If you're just going around stealing other peoples teams without knowing how they work or how to handle certain threats, that's not helping anyone.

Finally, is there a team that you could show us that reflects your playstyle that is a good fit for this metagame with a brief explanation of how it works?

Garchomp (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Greninja (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Dark Pulse
- Spikes

Scizor (F) @ Scizorite
Trait: Light Metal
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Bisharp (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

Landorus-T (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower

Pretty standard stuff, and I'm pretty sure everyone has either stolen or faced this team on the ladder at some point. Lay the hazards you need, apply offensive pressure with hazards + Greninja + Latios, sweep with Scizor and Bisharp while weakening each others checks. As easy as that sounds, some people just do mindblowing stupid things when using this team that I simply can't behind so I guess it's not that standard. Some people also like changing shit around for no reason like putting Knock Off on Landorus over Superpower; don't fucking do that there's a reason it has Superpower (Balloon Excadrill and Mega Gyarados). It's really easy to play and has a ton of good matchups once you know how exactly it works though, and pretty much an autowin against "Italian Offense" (Magnezone, Diggersby, Azumarill, Pinsir, Latias, Garchomp). Autoloss against rain but that's the case for most HO teams. Once you learn when to sac stuff, when not to sac stuff, when to set up, when to send out what and when to get what hazards, it becomes a very powerful team though.

---

So there it is. If you have any questions for CBB, feel free to ask him in the thread. Id like to thank him once again for doing this. See you next week!

Last edited:
These days I see a lot of Latios running Thunderbolt. Is it just to hit bulky waters hard in general or is there a particular reason for using it instead of Earthquake or defog?

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
ye i have faced that team, and they do tend to do "mindblowing stupid things" :]. Though i'm not familiar with much of your exploits, i've heard of your name along with bloo and McM and BKC. As for my question, do you think that stall gone from OU will be good for the meta? Will you like it/support it? As it seems, many power houses will be introduced in ORAS, with the sole defensive Pokemon being Mega Slowbro(i don't like Mega Audino so won't count it, but still tell me your thoughts about it). Though Mega Salamence may be banned to Ubers, Megas of Gallade, Sharpedo, and maybe Beedrill, Numel etc. still pack a lot of power. Also what are your thoughts on Mega Glalie's jaw?

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Everyone use to use Bulky Scizor on their teams for the most part and the 3 attacks + SD set was sort of taboo in the metagame until up to this point. Did the idea of using that including Spikes Greninja I guess come through the idea of taking advantage of current metagame trends? Or was it just something you thought looked good on paper and applied it to practice? Speaking of which were there ever any sets you thought would end up being generally terrible but ended up better than you thought?

Bloo

Banned deucer.
You've done the impeccable by going through with the deed most individuals can't find it in their hearts to do: breaking free from the shackles of competitive Pokémon and letting go of any and all desire to play this game on any sort of competitive level from here on in. How does it feel now that you've pulled the plug by doing this? Why did thee decide to go down this unfamiliar road? Is it one you would encourage others to venture into as well? Do you think thou shalt ever look back on your decision and start anew? Give me all the details regarding your choice to just leave it all behind and how it feels on the other side of the non-competitive-Pokémon-playing spectrum, brother.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
First of all: nice babyface.

Are you glad Meteor Mash is going to be a viable move in OU again because of Metagross-Mega? Are you going to use it?

What do you think of yan[sogeking]'s versions of your teams?

As ex-Tier Leader of the very well respected Dream World UnderUsed on Pokémon Online, how do you feel about the way Smogon's XY OverUsed is handled?

What would you do if you were stuck on a desert island with the following users: Livio, Tele, DenisSsS.

Is your hatred towards italian users fueled by the fact you have an italian name, even though you're german?

That's all I have for now. Hopefully you can fill us in with your insight!

when will you rap to jirachee and me on skype

sebi also loves your rapping and said it warms his heart every time he hears you

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
These days I see a lot of Latios running Thunderbolt. Is it just to hit bulky waters hard in general or is there a particular reason for using it instead of Earthquake or defog?
On that particular team, I chose Thunderbolt to prevent as many Defoggers/Rapid Spinners as possible from doing their job since it's a hazard based team. Skarmory can't hope to Defog against Latios (well, SDef can but w/e) and Mandibuzz can't switch into Latios. That team is also quite weak to Mandibuzz already and, while it isn't overly common anymore, it's still something I saw quite a few times so having a better matchup is never wrong. Hidden Power lowers IVs and Earthquake is pretty much only for Heatran (whom I didn't really care about when the team was made as Scizor was basically guaranteed to outspeed every single Leftovers Heatran. Nowadays some of them run ridiculous Speed investment though). Defog, again, is not something I want on a team centered around hazards, and I'm sure you can apply those reasons to other teams as well; Thunderbolt is also a particularly good move to just throw around when you aren't sure whats coming in. Bulky Water types aren't really a reason for me as Suicune and Azumarill take enough from Psyshock already, although it also means Gyarados can't set up on me under any circumstance which is pretty nice.

ye i have faced that team, and they do tend to do "mindblowing stupid things" :]. Though i'm not familiar with much of your exploits, i've heard of your name along with bloo and McM and BKC. As for my question, do you think that stall gone from OU will be good for the meta? Will you like it/support it? As it seems, many power houses will be introduced in ORAS, with the sole defensive Pokemon being Mega Slowbro(i don't like Mega Audino so won't count it, but still tell me your thoughts about it). Though Mega Salamence may be banned to Ubers, Megas of Gallade, Sharpedo, and maybe Beedrill, Numel etc. still pack a lot of power. Also what are your thoughts on Mega Glalie's jaw?
I don't really mind the metagame whether it has stall or not and I'm sure that, if people really want to still use it, stall is just as viable as it was a few months ago, just not in its super passive form. Stall will always find some way to succeed as some threats, such as Sceptile and most Metagross, are already handled pretty well by standard stall-ish mons such as Chansey and Skarmory. I'll always prepare for Stall in the XY OU metagame after learning my lesson the hard way early XY, and I don't think ORAS will change anything about that or Stall's viability really. I'll refrain from using it myself though.

why do you think greninja has such a long tongue?
that might be because it's a frog.

why are you such a nazist?
because I'm german ?_? you should know all this,,

what makes you love xy stall so much?
the fact that it arguably gives me the easiest points on ladder since its inception too bad you didn't have similar fortune against soulwind lol!

what is it about Tele that makes him such a great user?
probably his ability to be an easy target of ridicule thanks to his numerous bad qualities.

is that u in ur avatar ;]
sure is ;]

WCOP is less fun because I don't really feel as connected to the german community

why? :(
haha, I just don't do as much with the German people as I do with all the Smogon people. I don't know, for some reason I've always preferred speaking in English on the internet in an attempt to improve it instead of speaking in German with my fellow countrymen. Das heißt aber nicht, dass ich keinen Spaß am WCOP hatte; ganz im Gegenteil, WCOP 2013 war eines der besten Turniere die ich je gespielt habe und ich bin mir sicher dass das deutsche Team ein wichtiger Grund dafür war. Auch wenn ich nicht viel außerhalb von WCOP mit euch zu tun habe bin ich trotzdem noch im Herzen ein Deutscher *-*.

Everyone use to use Bulky Scizor on their teams for the most part and the 3 attacks + SD set was sort of taboo in the metagame until up to this point. Did the idea of using that including Spikes Greninja I guess come through the idea of taking advantage of current metagame trends? Or was it just something you thought looked good on paper and applied it to practice? Speaking of which were there ever any sets you thought would end up being generally terrible but ended up better than you thought?
Yes, Offensive Mega Scizor was a huge metagame call at the time. While I had the idea of Offensive Swords Dance regular Scizor at the time already, it never came until fruitition until I went over my old Mega Mawile team and realized it was in need of a Mega; the void was filled by Scizor and, since I didn't feel like defensive Scizor would be the right choice for the team, I just went with what I was originally going to use on regular Scizor. I made the call because it gave me an easy win against all those teams relying on stuff like SDef Heatran to check Scizor (which were a lot at the time as there were tons of FWG cores with Heatran/Slowbro/Ferrothorn and such), and didn't do too badly against Landorus-T either. It also kept the old spirit of the team alive where I tried to double up on the Keldeo on offensive teams with 2 Sucker Punchers so it felt really in place. As for sets that I thought were terrible, as silly as it sounds, I thought SubToxic Aegislash was a huge waste when I saw it because I thought forfeiting 150/150 offensive stats for Toxic was a silly move. Needless to say, I'm a fool and will gladly admit I made a big mistake there.

You've done the impeccable by going through with the deed most individuals can't find it in their hearts to do: breaking free from the shackles of competitive Pokémon and letting go of any and all desire to play this game on any sort of competitive level from here on in. How does it feel now that you've pulled the plug by doing this? Why did thee decide to go down this unfamiliar road? Is it one you would encourage others to venture into as well? Do you think thou shalt ever look back on your decision and start anew? Give me all the details regarding your choice to just leave it all behind and how it feels on the other side of the non-competitive-Pokémon-playing spectrum, brother.
fuck pokemon fuck ladder fuck tour that shit made me so mad lmao i really hope im never gonna look back fuck all of that.

I'm way happier with stuff the way it is right now and I'm pretty sure you know that ;].

do you remember this:

lol how would I not :]

do you remember me
lol how would I not :] too bad you, like many others, got consumed by The League. That said, wtf are you really only 16?? I swear I knew you were young but not that young what the actual fuck

where is ginku ;__;
He's actually back from the dead and was talking to us during the ghosting tour today. He is also as black as ever.

league or dota
lol I'd gladly choose Pokemon over either of those but if I really have to choose one then dota because league is Inherently Toxic.

First of all: nice babyface.
Thanks, that's me in my avatar ;]

Are you glad Meteor Mash is going to be a viable move in OU again because of Metagross-Mega? Are you going to use it?
Maybe I can hit one now that they raised its accuracy LOL

What do you think of yan[sogeking]'s versions of your teams?
It's terrible rofl he really used Dread Plate Bisharp and Adamant Lando-T might as well run Sash Ninja at that point

As ex-Tier Leader of the very well respected Dream World UnderUsed on Pokémon Online, how do you feel about the way Smogon's XY OverUsed is handled?
LOL I think the tier system is actually pretty good. Like, actually actually, at least goobers don't get to decide everything.

What would you do if you were stuck on a desert island with the following users: Livio, Tele, DenisSsS.
I would probably take my life although Baton Pass isn't that bad compared to Luck And Badness

Is your hatred towards italian users fueled by the fact you have an italian name, even though you're german?
no my name is fine it's just the fact that italians stole it and abused it for their evil deeds

and my last name is german as FUCK you can't even imagine.

That's all I have for now. Hopefully you can fill us in with your insight!
I hope so too. Hope you're up2slug too.

when will you rap to jirachee and me on skype
next time I'm drunk or you're at worlds or both ;]

sebi also loves your rapping and said it warms his heart every time he hears you
lol my rapping is quite outstanding I should record more instances of me doing it.

Why don't you have a g in CrashinBoomBang? it bothers me everytime I see your name lol. Guess it's an OCD thing.
haha I apparently forgot it when I signed up. I actually went through the trouble of changing it about a year ago but that left that last g suspended in a single line for itself and everyone was complaining and voted it for worst name change so I kinda had to give in with all that pressure upon me :[

I'm fine with both ways to spell my name though.

Hey cbb,

Jesus, man.

Anyways, I have just a few short questions for you. I hope you can find time in your university-filled schedule to answer these. ;]

1. Least favorite 9.9 user? Mine would have to be Harsha.

2. Favorite quality about professional bowler, Pete Weber?

3. Did you ever get back at your brother for making you unclog meat from your toilet?

4. Top 5 dog breeds.

5. Favorite quote from user Edgar aka dblacstardust? (I'm trying to think here!!)

6. Favorite meme??

Last edited:
who do you think are some of the lesser-known players that will break into this season's spl for xy ou in the same vein as ben (lesser known let's just limit to never played in previous spls)?

What's your favourite Official tournament, and what's your actual motivation that make u play pokemon ?
Por fin did u take ur XY teambuilding from someone or you learned it by yourself ?
(no troll, i need it for serious business)

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
Hey cbb,

Jesus, man.
Hey Jesus,

Scotty, man

Anyways, I have just a few short questions for you. I hope you can find time in your university-filled schedule to answer these. ;]
considering that the my first class didn't even happen with no notice whatsoever and I now have nothing to do, I think I can share a few minutes for your questions.

1. Least favorite 9.9 user? Mine would have to be Harsha.
harsha >:(

2. Favorite quality about professional bowler, Pete Weber?
how energetic and yet composed enough he is to bring forth phrases such as "who do you think you are I am".

3. Did you ever get back at your brother for making you unclog meat from your toilet?
he also flooded the kitchen last saturday and almost burned the house down by keeping the oven on by accident. twice.

I haven't gotten revenge yet, but I plan to turn on the oven, clog up all the exits and flood every room possible at once within the next month.

4. Top 5 dog breeds.
I like corgis because they're long dogs. and huskies/eurasians because I used to have one who was half of both and he was adorable. and then theres like samojeds and malamutes who are close to huskies and also fucking adorable. I think those are my top 5 but im not sure.

5. Favorite quote from user Edgar aka dblacstardust? (I'm trying to think here!!)
torn between the aforementioned "I'm trying to think here!", "Hey. Shut up" as well as the underrated "I'm trying to understand!!". I might have to give the nod to the last one because it sounds sincere and like he is actually distressed but that might just be his mexican accent.

6. Favorite meme??
✈ ▌▌✈ ▌▌✈ ▌▌✈ ▌▌✈ ▌▌✈ ▌▌✈ ▌▌✈ ▌▌✈ ▌▌✈ ▌▌
✈ ▌▌✈ ▌▌✈ ▌▌Sorry i dropped my bag of 9/11✈ ▌▌✈ ▌▌
✈ ▌▌✈ ▌▌✈ ▌▌✈ ▌▌✈ ▌▌✈ ▌▌✈ ▌▌✈ ▌▌✈ ▌▌✈ ▌▌

do u still go trick or treating
I don't think I ever did, Halloween isn't very commonplace in Germany. I would probably pass up on it though.

You probably have many great battles. Which one is your favourite or most memorable and why?
There's indeed many great battles I've had over the years, but if I had to pick my favorite it would probably either be my battle against ViL in the No Johns 2012 tournament (winning it was a pretty big deal to me at the time and I don't think I made any real misplays that game) or my semifinals game in the first edition of The Ghosting Tour about 2 years ago which lasted about 3-4 hours and had me and my two teammates face off against a team of Earthworm, Heist and Hipmonlee. After getting our Heatran trapped by Dugtrio against a sun team in spectacular fashion as early as turn 2, we somehow managed to get back into the game and ended up winning while I had my teammates constantly cry about how badly we're getting crushed. I honestly don't remember any specifics of the battle (except for our opponents getting quite upset at us switching our Landorus into a Hidden Power Ice Forretress), but the overall situation is one I will never forget and playing it was incredibly fun, even if it lasted way too long. I've also had numerous great battles against people such as Bloo, McMeghan or Masterclass, but very few of them actually stand out because I'm used to having great battles against those three in particular.

Favorite Hey Arnold character?
Brainy.

Who was JJ in BW? that's what I wanna know.
LOOOOL I'm sorry that I can't answer that question for you.

If your Mega Mawile was at full and at +2, you know your opponent has Foul Play on his 60 % Mandibuzz, would you Sucker Punch it?
Well, that's a complete 50-50 dumbass. Especially when there's some arbitrary Pokemon in the back that shouldn't even matter. Sucker Punching sounds like the logical option, but another sensible move would be switching out to your Hydreigon and using Head Smash or, should you feel like it's outclassed as a Pokemon in general, I assume Thunder Gengar does the same job on your team really.

cbb if u had the chance to battle shofu TOMORROW what team would u use?
Hmm I think I would use.... STARMIE.... ALAKAZAM.... that little chinchilla Pokemon EVOLUTION with the Dream World Ability.... Hazorus..... Dragonite............
if you need a 6th one that would probably be TANK WEEZING. My new specialty.

On a different note, really hyped for Mega Starmie so far.

why do you get such pleasure out of witnessing the downfall of others around you?

?
It's one of those sweet things in my life that just happen again and again, especially if I wish for said downfalls. It's like a drug that I can't get off of, and every time I hope for someone to fail in spectacular fashion, they usually do.

To illustrate my point, I have prepared a graph that shows just how often I hope for "downfalls":

As you can see, even if I'm only 80-85% accurate with my wishes, that is still a ton of downfalls I am causing each and every day. And, surely, you can understand that something this common in my life is going to become an addiction at some point. Downfalls are a great thing, and I deeply enjoy them after slowly but surely becoming addicted to them.

who do you think are some of the lesser-known players that will break into this season's spl for xy ou in the same vein as ben (lesser known let's just limit to never played in previous spls)?
Honestly, there's not really anyone who comes to mind lol. Like I said, I'm not very fond of all these "ladder heroes" and such, and ben gay is pretty much the only one from those who is somewhat different in that he can actually play Pokemon. I haven't really seen anyone else who particularly caught my attention, so except for one or two random brazilians doing well (which wouldn't be a surprise after World Cup), I don't think we'll really see any "new" or "lesser known" faces.

What's your favourite Official tournament, and what's your actual motivation that make u play pokemon ?
Por fin did u take ur XY teambuilding from someone or you learned it by yourself ?
(no troll, i need it for serious business)
My favorite official tournament is probably SPL. I used to love Smogon Tour a lot because live tours are actually really fun, but since Pokemon has since become uninteresting and annoying to play for the most part (and I'm really out of shape in the old gens), single-player tournaments don't really interest me anymore. I don't really have any motivation to play Pokemon anymore because it's a dumb game at core and I don't get any satisfaction out of playing it anymore, but originally I played it because I saw that I was good at it. Back then I had way too much free time on my hands, and spending time on something that's not only fun to you but that you're also good at was a lot of fun. Like I said, though, I don't enjoy actually playing the game that much anymore which is why I mostly stick to the theoretical aspect and/or managing for now. Or playing for fun once in a while I guess, because the size of the game and all the different stuff you can do is still really interesting.

I don't consider myself a good teambuilder and I enjoy thinking about single sets of Pokemon etc way more than trying to put them onto a team, so I don't even do it most of the time (which is why I oftentimes play several weeks/months with one team). The teams that I do build are all done by myself, possibly with some other person helping me, and I taught all I know about teambuilding to myself (which admittedly isn't much, but apparently enough to make a good team without crippling flaws once every few months at least).

my semifinals game in the first edition of The Ghosting Tour about 2 years ago which lasted about 3-4 hours and had me and my two teammates face off against a team of Earthworm, Heist and Hipmonlee. After getting our Heatran trapped by Dugtrio against a sun team in spectacular fashion as early as turn 2, we somehow managed to get back into the game and ended up winning while I had my teammates constantly cry about how badly we're getting crushed.
LOL get out I carried you through that tour all the way until the sdef drop in the finals smh

anyway, thoughts on redhead sluts??

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Marco_o :D

Top 5 favorite tiers and why (can be across generations).
Top 5 favorite Pokemons to use and why (can be across generations, but must be OU).
Did you ever feel like someone in particular made you learn a lot just by watching his games/playing against him? If so, who and what did you feel like learning in particular?
Is there a game or two where you've been particulary proud of the way you played? Care to showcase it and explain it?

You own! Also, MonoChoice rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)