1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

OU Playstyles - Week #01 [Hyper Offense]

Discussion in 'BW OU' started by LilOuOn, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doughboy

Doughboy house of champions
    is a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

It sounds gimmicky but have considered Tailwind over Whirlwind? It is a nifty option to pull out of your hat if you at Sturdy range acting like a mini-Tornadus. If you are bold enough it also means if Skarmory is unable to get into Custap range it can use Tailwind as an attempt to set up an additional layer of hazards.

I never really liked HO since the game you play can really come down to the wire and it often requires you to play a very, very specific series of moves in the endgame. The teambuilding (IMO) is not as intricate as some balance teams are, but actually playing an HO team can be a lot of fun on the ladder.

One thing I try to put on my HO teams is an "equalizing" move. Essentially it is a move that can guarantee a KO most of the time or severely cripple an opposing Pokemon to make up for your lead. They usually get played right after your suicide lead, since most of them use Focus Sash and that is the time hazards are ussually not setup. Most of them use Destiny Bond, Endevor, a Sleep move, or Explosion (here are some examples):
  2. LilOuOn

LilOuOn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)