OU rain team (2nd RMT)

It's been a couple weeks since my first RMT, and I thoroughly tested all the recommendations that everyone gave me. An so I'm back now with take two of my offensive rain team. A version that seems to work a lot better than the old one. At least as long as I'm not going up against sun... But that's where I new you guys help.

Politoed N: Modest
A: Drizzle I: ChoiceSpecs
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 Spe
HydroPump - IceBeam
FocusBlast - HP Grass

An offensive Politoed, because why use a defensive one when that's what people will expect 80% of the time? This toed is geared towards being a speedy tank that can take advantage of the rain to dish out powerful Hydro Pumps. Every other move is basically there for coverage, since Hydro Pump will deal significant damage to even enemies that resist it. I put investment into HP over SpAtk so that Politoed can dish out some damage, then switch out and live to see another day.

Thundurus-T N: Naive
A: VoltAbsorb I: ExpertBelt
EVs: 4 Atk, 252 SAtk, 252 Spe
Thunder - HP Ice
SuperPower - UTurn

A reccomendation from a viewer of my previous RMT, Thunderus has proven to be a much better electric counter than Electivire. Thunder will cripple max HP and SpDef Jellicent, and will KO any other variants. Superpower KO's Blissey that switch in on thunder or HP Ice, and U Turn is there for a quick escape.

Wobbufet N: Bold
A: ShadowTag I: Leftovers
EVs: 28 HP, 232 Def, 248 SDef
Encore - Counter
SafeGuard - MirrorCoat

The trapper of the team, and a nice one at that. Wobbufet protects my party from status while dealing punishment with Counter and Mirror Coat. Encore allows him to lock a sweeper into their set up so that the appropriate min can come in and deal with them. But he really shines when dealing with enemy Tyranitar and Abomasnow. Tyranitar especially, since a single Counter after Crumch always KO's Tyranitar. However, he does have a problem dealing with Ninetales that aren't locked into attack with Encore, since most Ninetails carry Roar.

Toxicroak N: Adamant
A: DrySkin I: BlackSludge
EVs: 244 HP, 132 Atk, 120 Def, 12 Spe
Protect - BulkUp
IcePunch- DrainPunch

Toxicroak adds valuable resistances to the team, and has proven to be a decent physical wall, since anything that can't 2HKO him have a hard time dealing with him. I decided on Protect over Substitute since Protect allows me to stall for valuable recovery while substitute will just lower my valuable HP.

Gastrodon N: Sassy
A: StormDrain I: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 84 Def, 172 SDef
Scald - EarthPower
Toxic - Recover

A secondary electric counter, in case Thunderus gets taken down. Gastrodons ability also allows for him to counter any enemy pokes that look to take advantage of my rain. Toxic and Tecover allow me to stall out mg opponent imdefinitely, as long as the don't carry a grass move.

Keldeo-R N: Modest
A: Justified I: ChoiceScarf
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spe
HydroPump - SecretSword
IcyWind - HP Bug

The key rain abuser of the team. HP Bug is there to counter Celebi, and Secret Sword provides another way to deal with Blissey and Chansey. Icy Wind deals good damage to opposing Thunderus, Landorus, and Tornadus. Hydro Pump is the go-to move for power, an with a choice scarf, Keldeo will be ouspeeding most of the opposition.

Ad that's the team. Let me know what you guys, think, and tell me if I need to change anything else. Thanks in advance for all your help. :)

Just quickly, use Keldeo over Keldeo-R. Keldeo-R is required to have SS, so normal is just technically more unpredictable.

On Croak run Sub. He recovers so fast, you don't even need to worry about the HP loss. Plus Croak forces many switches, so a Free Sub is better than a failed Protect.

50th message YAY!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)