OU Replay Contest - Round 4 Submissions OPEN

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
OU Replay Contest

approved by PK Gaming; on-site portion suggested by Lady Salamence

Do you have the self-proclaimed coolest replay ever? Did you fight a tournament match in a clash of wills and come out victorious? Did you watch a great battle? If you have any replays like these, then this is the project for you! Replays enable new players to see how the best think and act in battles, providing a great resource. They allow players to learn how they can play through certain situations and win even when the odds may be stacked up against them. You can also analyze battles to death.

I want to put replays up on-site in a page in the OU Hub where players of all skill levels will be able to view them and improve their skills or just enjoy watching a good battle.

I'm asking for submissions of your replays. The rules:

1) Only OU.
2) Only one replay submission per week.
3) You must include at least one paragraph and no more than two describing the battle. Talk about team match-up and give a general overview of the battle's events.

You have 5 days, or more specifically until Thursday, August 16 at 11:59 PM EST to make your submissions. After that time (meaning when I say it's time to vote after), you will vote on all replays submitted in order of preference. I will then run an IRV on the data manually to determine the winner(s). The top 1-2 replays will be added to the site with their accompanying descriptions, depending on the amount of submissions received.

Finally, I'd like to encourage discussion of others' replays. To ensure this occurs, I'm requiring you comment on at least one other person's replay if you wish to have your submission included. This can be any insight on the battle the person who wrote about the battle may have missed.

As a last note: only submit replays that are serious. Joke replays will be disqualified from the voting stage.

Well, good luck to everyone, and happy submitting!

a fairy

I’ll be at PAX East! Will you?
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
If you do post your own battle and provide the necessary commentary, please do so in third-person, as your paragraphs have a chance of ending up onsite, and a first-person narrative will be a pain to deal with, as many of them will be, and should be, third-person, so one random replay that starts with "Well, in this match I..." sounds off. Thanks!

Mmm, I guess there are really a lot of cool replays which will be posted.

I want to ask two things : -If the battle was made a few months ago (in OU), can we post it ? I'm thinking about a replay that may be cool, and if I don't think there was Deo-D or Lando-I in it (it was made in Deo's suspect), I'm still curious if such battles can be posted here.
-On what this project emphazises the more ? I guess that the battle should features serious teams with pretty skilled players, and be close enough, but to which point ? Since according to the first paragraph it will be used to help players to improve their strategy.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
@Tassa:

1) Of course, it doesn't matter.

2) I just expect battles with a reasonable level of thinking involved. I'm not saying McMeghan vs. Ojama, but the battles cannot be short sweeps or destroying of a bad opponent. I expect two decent players with at least decent plays in the replays.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-40494117

My typical HO Offense vs Rain HO with Kyube and Thundrus-T. Luckily I love such kinds of teams because now Kingdra is ready from the go, now the trick is to use everyone else on the team to weaken the enemy foes and punch holes everywhere. I start with Breloom instead of my SR Landrus, and surely enough he takes my bait with Kyube Ice Beaming (he really was expecting that Landrus), at which point I proceed to Spore and SD. Even Celebi managed to get hurt (I outsped him) and managed to spin off SR afterwards. Unfortunately things turned sour from there, I lost my Starmie after Celebi miraculously lived on 3% and Breloom hit the low roll of Bullet Seed twice in a row (Celebi living would come back to bite me later), couldn't get his spikes off, lost my opputurnity to set up SR with Sash Landrous (sending him out there would be suicide), and lost both physical sweepers in vain, well actually Scizor chopped a most of Keledos health before he died.

It's 1-5 (Landrus is a sitting duck, doesn't count) and Kingdra is out to save the day, does he succeed? You'll see.

Edit: X5Dragon is my alt :p

Last edited:

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-43652512

This battle showcases just how powerful sun offense can be when backed by the defensive behemoth, Cresselia. Halcyon of Light (Admiral Bobbery), uses many different underrated sun threats such as Sawsbuck, Weather Trapper Heatran, and Cresselia against cookiegod86's balanced rain offense team that includes standard threats like Expert Belt Politoed, Specs Latios, Scarf Keldeo, and Landorus-T. Sawsbuck, Halcon of Light's main sweeper, cannot successfully sweep so long as Scizor remains alive, as nothing in Sawsbuck's arsenal can do much damage to the bug, and U-turn can easily OHKO and grab momentum. Cookiegod86 can also continually switch between Scizor and Landorus-T to wear it down with Life Orb recoil. One thing is clear: if Halcyon of Light wants to win, he needs to have the sun up. With sun support, Cresselia can continually wall his Specs Latios and Scarf Keldeo. Without it, The Lunar Pokémon doesn't stand a chance. Sun can also let Sawsbuck revenge kill both Keldeo and Latios. But considering the horrible matchup Ninetales has with almost the entirety of cookiegod86's team, and what happens on Turn 1, it seems unlikely.

Can Halcyon of Light manage to keep his sun up long enough to survive the storm? Watch to find out!

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oucurrent7343095

In this battle MCBarrett's Sun Team utilizing Weather Trapper Heatran, Scarf Latios and LO Mamoswine goes up against White Reflection's Balanced Rain Team which takes advantage of the classic TentaThorn Core and both Therian Formes for unstoppable Offensive Power. Ferrothorn is taken out early but the Rain and the Scald burns are taking their toll on the Sun Team. However there seems to be an opening for a Mamoswine comeback sweep! Does he have the power to do it? Will the LO recoil prove to be too much? Watch and find out!

Jukain

!_!
@Shurtugal: The entire goal is to have players be able to WATCH battles. It's so much easier to understand one by seeing it, so I'm going to have to say no to PO logs.

@Jukain : Ok, thank you for your answer. May I also ask how the winning replay will be chosen during the voting stage ? I hope we'll be able to vote for 2/3 replays, maybe sorted.

Also, before posting a replay, a comment on a previously posted replay :

X5Dragon vs GoBears
~~Preview~~ : Nite/Lando-T/Breloom/Kingdra/Starmie/Zor for X5Dragon ; Politoed/Thundy-T/Foretress/Célébi/Kyu-B/Keldy for GoBears.

X5's team features Kingdra, and he battles a rain team : knowing power of Kingdra in perma-rain (aka, op), he seems to have an advantage at first look. His opponent don't have Ferrothorn, too : Kingdra is for sure going to be a massive late game pain, no matter his set.
Nite is also pretty happy, since it means no sandstorm, which means a better chance of having Multiscale, though he should watch for SR. Also, he dislike Forre which in rain can be too though to beat for him (as a kid you should know). Keldeo seems to be Go's scarfer, so it may also keep Nite in check.
Breloom, well is as always scary. Though, Go's carry a great counter to it (once sleep clause activated, this is loom), Celebi. Being faster, not suceptible to Mach Punch and able to OHKO with HP Ice, Thundy-T may also keep him in check. Since the immediate pressure that Breloom provides with Spore, Forry will probably not lead for Go, since it would mean an instant disadvantage.
Kingdra is clearly mean to LGS, and without rain boost & previous damage, is at disadvantage against everything : it will not be X5's lead.
Starmie is obviously X5's spinner. Able to combat Keldeo, Forry (but better in rain), and maybe Politoed, he's not a safe lead. He'll come latter in battle, to... Spin, yes. If he has the time to.
Finally, Scizor is the second technician of X5's team. Seeing Starmie who he's pretty fast, and two priority user (maybe even 3 with Nite which has a good chance to run Extreme Speed), we can guess that he has no scarfer, being able to do all the RK job with only priorities/mon faster without it. [off-com : it's funnier with only one priority user and nothing faster than 108 :p]
Scizor dislikes water move and even more rain-boosted water move, obviously not a lead. He may mainly threaten Celebi and possibly Kyu-B

Let's talk a little more about Go's team now. Politoed is here for the rain support. No evidence of which set it is [off-com : at least for me], but unless scarf he won't like facing breloom and leading. Also, he may threaten Zor/Lando-T or even Nite later, a little bit like Keldeo, so keeping it safe may be better.
Thundy-T is the first of the 2 rain abuser Go's team features. He has a good match up against every X5's mon (since Kingdra and Starmie won't have rain at start), only fearing a SashLoom.
Forry assumes as always both spin and spikes or sr. Seeing he dislike heavily Breloom (unless something else is asleep and he has HP Ice, which is unlikely, and cannot happen at leading), and he prefers be healthy to check Zor/Nite, he will be kept for latter in the match.
Celebi seems to be obviously the water absorber of the team, and also Breloom's counter (though, if only giga-drain, he's not really a counter). Though, he fears as well Zor, Lando-T or Nite, so if he wants to block Kingdra or Loom, he may recquire really good prediction, or take the risk of being set up.
Kyu-B is here for raw power, without evidence of the set. Though, hp fire won't be here for sure.
Keldeo finally is the second rain abuser. He can overpower everything in X5's team with the correct set, but won't like Keldeo if not HP Ice/sash for Loom ; and also won't like Starmie which can keep him in check. Finally, though bulky he won't take all 3 priority.

What leads could we expect ?
Kingdra/Starmie/Scizor are juste bad leads for X5. Nite would fear Keldeo, and somehow Politoed/Kyu-B/Thundy, and may simply end to be deafeted quickly with Forry (he cannot predict him when facing the 4 others I said before)
Lando-T could if scarfed, to set-up rocks/U-Turn/throw a powerful attack, but we already said it is unlikely seeing 3 priority user.
So basically, Breloom appears as X5's obvious lead, unless trying some strange risky playing (having the preview's upper hand, it is not his interest).

For Go's, Keldeo is too important and not enough safe, so it's unlikely to see him. We could think about Thundy-T, which only fears sash, Kyu-B, which is fighting weak but faster and able to take a mach punch, and finally Celebi which if fast enough and with the good attack, may be able to do a huge chunck of damage, without fearing really spore with his ability.

~~The Match~~

Turn 1,
Loom against Kyu-B. Each Kyu's set OHKO's Loom, and bar a surprising scarf set, will at least send it to 1 HP. Loom could at this moment or Mach Punch or switch (risky) (if not sashed), or take the hit and spore. It appears that this Loom's is sashed, so very likely a set-up sweeper. Kyu has let it down to 1HP but is know just good for being sacked latter.

Turn 2,
Celebi is send when Loom boost himself. Not very surprising for the moment.

Turn 3,
Go's Bi appears to have SR, and set up them. Hard to know if he expected Loom to switch out (which with 1HP left and a boost, would be stupid) or maybe Mach Punch (which could be understood). His Bi do not run enough speed to outrun every Loom (Jolly loom, probably ?), which means he can just be 2HKOed with some bad luck, so it was reallky risky, even more knowing that Starmie is still in X5's team to spin. X5 takes some risk at Bullet seeding, but seeing how few damage Mach Punch would have done, it was the better option, seeing the chance for Celebi being slower and of BS to hit 3 or more time.

Turn 4,
At this very moment, knowing Bi is slower, and accounting 5-hit/4-hit with a crit' chance of BS, Breloom could even kill him. At least, it is sure he will cripple him for the rest of the match, rendering him absolutely unable to deal with Kingdra in late game. (Other X5's mon can apply pressure to prevent healing).
Bi is weakened (note the really bad roll with BS), and Breloom is finally KOed. Using U-Turn let Go to not being forced out against Zor/Lando-T.

Turn 5,
He send Forry. After the U-Turn kill, X5 has at his turn the ability to send what he want, so obvious play with starmie, which is going to spin the rocks for which Go tooks enormous risk. Forry appears to not have Volt Switch (or not wanting to use it, but in this case, it's nearly like not having it if even in such case it isn't used) Celebi come back. Starmie appears LO, so Ice Beam is guaranted and will hit with good damage.

Turn 6,
Thanks to Lefties, Celebi survives and KO back with Giga-drain. Though, he's definitely weakened and unable to check Kingdra.

Turn 7,
Dragonite come to boost himself, Politoed is send by Go in an attempt to stop him. Now, X5's Kingdra only need Toed and Keldeo a little bit weakened to sweep all Go's team.

Turn 8,
Nite OHKO's, maybe with the help of the crit if the toed was defensive (but in this case, he won't have Ice beam and could only try to do something like Scald-burn, breaking also multiscale, and if toed was offensive, yet the KO was guaranteed). From this moment, X5's win is very likely, only needing Keldeo a little bit weakened. Go wasn't able to reverse the preview match up, and by sending Politoed, he signed his defeat to Kingdra. Not sending Politoed may also have causes problem to beat Nite, which would have been for sure able to kill nearly 2 things if not ending the match. (Since Keldy wouldn't have been able to ohko him due to multiscale)

Turn 9-11,
Forry is too though to beat for Nite.

Turn 12-13,
Scizor boost himself to reduce Keldeo's HP.

Turn 14,
Scizor reduces Keldeo's HP.

Turn 15-20,

Kingdra late game sweep. We can note that if Celebi would have Recover (which defensive slow celebi SHOULD have), Kingdra would have died and Lando-T would have been defeated by Keldeo. X5's also took the risk to lose to such a play, but it's true than DMing would have it's own risk, if he feared Celebi switching out. (I guess it was Rain Dance/DM/DP/Surf ? Maybe HP in place of DM ? What is sure is that there was not Ice Beam, which would have helped here)

~~My personnal opinion~~
Illustrate the concept of LGS, but the match up was in favor of X5 so no great surprise, and knowing that with a good set/play with Celebi, Go would have won, let me think that this match has nothing outstanding. Interesting enough to share with friends after the battle, but without offense, not more IMO. It lacks something really cool like Gothi trapping Zone trying to trap Ferrothorn, and after 7-8 turns there was not a lot of suspense, even less at 14, outside of waiting a random surprise (very risky play has often a little chance to change a match otherwise lost).

It was pretty long to do this comment, so I won't do the same for other replays. I may just do a short summary.

Last edited:

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
I'd like to comment on MCBarrett's match, which I think was the best one posted so far.

I think part of what makes this match so much better than the others is that it honesly doesn't seem like he will be able to pull a win out of this one. The hax gods are clearly working against him with the constant Scald burns, and his opponent straight up outplays his Venusaur, predicting him left and right. With Venusaur being worn down by LO, his main win condition is taken out. And a sun team with its chlorophyll sweeper taken out is going to have a hard time winning. Later, his opponent did the same thing with Mamoswine, weakening him to the point where he had to hope Ice Shard would KO Jirachi (which it luckily did). It was actually really nerve racking, because I had forgotten that Thundurus-T was at a low enough health that it would die to SR on the switch-in. Awesome battle. Had me on the edge of my seat till the very end.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Okay, so here's my replay

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-41878730

Great battle here, which is seriously close. SootingStarmie make a few misplays, and Kushalos makes some great predictions (turn 1, turn 10, turn 23/24, etc). SootingStarmie is saved a few times by literally 1%, and the battle is seriously close. Turn 39 is the turn that determines the game. I recommend you watch it.

Last edited:

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
I'd like to comment on MCBarrett's match too.

I'm not going to be as praising as Halcyon of Light was, sad to say. I felt like this battle did indeed fit the bill of "down to the wire". However, I feel MCBarrett played way much too safely the entire game. Like, for example, the Politoed switch into +2 Venu was super risky (and very obvious) because it can sponge the HP Fire, but all Barrett had to do was double Giga Drain and the obvious Politoed switch in was pretty much dead (aka Barrett won). Barrett has such a team advantage too -- Latios and Mamoswine had the distinct advantage, with Heatran to absorb wild Hurricanes from Tornadus-T. In fact, I feel that MCBarrett's ability to win despite playing ever so safely only confirms that these Pokemon had such a huge advantage against his opponent that no matter how much he tried to LO stall that his team simply could not play around such a strong core as that one.

I guess my advice for MCBarrett would to play a bit more aggressively as the match progresses (EQ with Mamo on ThundyT, Giga Drain on Jirachi, etc.). Yes these were 50 / 50 's but the fact that he played so simply the majority of the match is why it even came down to the wire to begin with. The win for MCBarrett should have been a lot easier to obtain imo. Mamoswine absolutely murdered everything but Ferro (which got critted on by a Heat Wave from Xatu). Between Latios and Heatran (and even Xatu) he had a safe switch for most of his opponents team as well.

All in all, I hope more battles are posted! MCB, congrats for winning such a close game, but I felt like you played too safely most of the match and that was what almost costed you the game.

I like your replay Halcyon of Light, but if he uses Trick in turn 25 he would have won (if he had it)-- none of your mons left would appreciate a Choice item, and he doesn't need the specs any more. After that, Scizor can sweep without too much trouble.

Last edited:

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
I'd like to comment on MCBarrett's match too.

I'm not going to be as praising as Halcyon of Light was, sad to say. I felt like this battle did indeed fit the bill of "down to the wire". However, I feel MCBarrett played way much too safely the entire game. Like, for example, the Politoed switch into +2 Venu was super risky (and very obvious) because it can sponge the HP Fire, but all Barrett had to do was double Giga Drain and the obvious Politoed switch in was pretty much dead (aka Barrett won). Barrett has such a team advantage too -- Latios and Mamoswine had the distinct advantage, with Heatran to absorb wild Hurricanes from Tornadus-T. In fact, I feel that MCBarrett's ability to win despite playing ever so safely only confirms that these Pokemon had such a huge advantage against his opponent that no matter how much he tried to LO stall that his team simply could not play around such a strong core as that one.

I guess my advice for MCBarrett would to play a bit more aggressively as the match progresses (EQ with Mamo on ThundyT, Giga Drain on Jirachi, etc.). Yes these were 50 / 50 's but the fact that he played so simply the majority of the match is why it even came down to the wire to begin with. The win for MCBarrett should have been a lot easier to obtain imo. Mamoswine absolutely murdered everything but Ferro (which got critted on by a Heat Wave from Xatu). Between Latios and Heatran (and even Xatu) he had a safe switch for most of his opponents team as well.

All in all, I hope more battles are posted! MCB, congrats for winning such a close game, but I felt like you played too safely most of the match and that was what almost costed you the game.
Yeah I would definitely agree that I played too safely the whole match. At least my opponent was competent enough to make good plays accordingly though. Also this was a pretty old battle and I've improved a lot since then. I just thought a really close match would be neat but I guess the project's focus should be more on good plays and whatnot so I'll try to find one with those attributes for next week! I have a ton but they're all just clumped together in a big Word Document so it takes a while to find the ones I'm looking for :/

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
I agree that he played safely for most of the match, but I wouldn't necessarily say that's his fault. It's more unusual that his opponent played as riskily as he did considering he had the inherent advantage over the sun team. Switching in Politoed on Venusaur is, I think, almsot never a good idea, even if you predict the HP Fire. The only critic I have concerning MCBarrett's plays, it would be that he didn't adapt to how his opponent played (i.e., he should have gotten more aggressive as the match went on).

Also, superstar, had he Tricked my Cresselia Specs, he still would have just been stalled out because I would have been locked into moonlight, and without Specs, he wouldn't have been able to do nearly as much damage to Cresselia with Draco Meteor. His Scizor also wouldn't be able to kill me with U-turn, since I would be able to outspeed with Latias and KO if he was locked into U-turn, and he couldn't have KO'd Cresselia if he had locked himself into Bullet Punch. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think he would have won even if he had tricked me. Also, I don't think he even HAD Trick, to be honest, since he never used it. Still, I appreciate the critic. Thanks!

Scotti

we back.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-37747932

In this battle Scotti's Sand Balance team, utilizing some strong defensive threats such as Celebi, Skarmory, and Jellicent, while having a good offensive core using Scarf Terrakion, Banded Tar, and Calm Mind Latias, plays against Scarf Wynauts Stall team, Utilizing a strong defensive core of Roserade, Heatran, Jellicent, and Skamory, While also having a strong offensive pokemon named Salamence, and scouting with Rotom-W. Scotti team is not doing so well thanks to the hazards and status his team is taking weakening them down extremely fast. However Scotti finds and opening for a Latias sweep during a jellicent switch in. Will latias prevail and sweep Scarf Wynauts team or will it find that Sandstorm and Status is too much to take. Just watch and find out.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-37747932

In this battle Scotti's Sand Balance team, utilizing some strong defensive threats such as Celebi, Skarmory, and Jellicent, while having a good offensive core using Scarf Terrakion, Banded Tar, and Calm Mind Latias, plays against Scarf Wynauts Stall team, Utilizing a strong defensive core of Roserade, Heatran, Jellicent, and Skamory, While also having a strong offensive pokemon named Salamence, and scouting with Rotom-W. Scotti team is not doing so well thanks to the hazards and status his team is taking weakening them down extremely fast. However Scotti finds and opening for a Latias sweep during a jellicent switch in. Will latias prevail and sweep Scarf Wynauts team or will it find that Sandstorm and Status is too much to take. Just watch and find out.
Okay so, Scotti makes a questionable play at turn 2, as his Celebi stays in on a Heatran only to Thunder Wave. Scarf Wynaut predicted the double switch, which imo was the best play, but I guess I'll give you that one Scotti (if you made an insane prediction like that on turn 2). Scotti makes another questionable play, bringing Tyranitar in on a pretty obvious Will-O-Wisp (or a Scald which could have potentially burned), not sure if Scotti was trying to predict a double switch or risking the Scald, but it was questionable. Scotti makes a nice play turn 9, switching his burned Tyranitar in on Roserade's Sleep Powder. Turn 10 is where Scarf Wynaut gets a crit that I'm pretty sure mattered, but hax is hax. Scotti decides to let Skarmory take the Sleep Powder, which was probably the best option, as Skarmory is beaten by most of Scarf Wynaut's Pokemon (Heatran, Rotom-W). Turn 13 Scotti makes another questonable play, letting his Skarmory take a Volt Switch. Maybe he was predicting a Will-O-Wisp, but even then Scarf Wynaut was in the winning position. Turn 14, Scarf Wynaut gets his Rocks up, and entry hazards are really going to start eating up Scotti's team, while Scotti hasn't got SR up yet. Scarf Wynaut seems to have a huge lead at the moment.

Entry hazards + Roar Heatran basically seals the game right here.

Turn 28. That crit was pretty huge, but I think Scarf Wynaut kinda misplayed by letting Latias get that boosted tbh. I would have gone into Skarmory to phaze it, or leave Heatran in to phaze it. CM Latias sweeps easily.

I don't mean to sound like a hater, but I don't think that was a good game to be honest. Scarf Wynaut out played Scotti, Scotti made questionable plays, and Scotti won due to hax.

"GG"

Last edited:
I will comment on Scotti's battle vs. Scarfwynaut's. As said, Scotti utilizes a Sand Balance team vs. a Weatherless Stall team. Scarf Wynaut is seen playing very well by first scouting out with Rotom-W, switching between relevant walls and then predicting a TTar switch in and proceeding to burn it with Jellicents Will-o-Wisp, effectively neutralizing it. Wasting no time to benefit from the situation, he proceeds to lay down hazards to which scotti can't do anything about seeing he has no spinner. TTar is lost to a critic, and to make matters worse, Heatran has roar, which kind of puts Latias and Scotti in a terrible spot seeing how his other sweeper, Terrakion has to go through Skarmory, Jellicent and Rosarade and hope Sally isn't scarfed.
Scotti had to depend on luck or a screw up which allowed him to set up with Latias, and Scarf strangely gave to him when he switched from Heatran to Jellicent. At this point Scotti must have realized that Wynauts only plausible fast pokemon, Sally wasn't scarfed and can't outspeed Latias. What made matters worse is that Scarf didn't elect to use his other phazer Skarmory, who had quite enough to whirlwind Latias away, but instead allowed Scotti a chance and hoping maybe a misplay + burn damage + sand damage+ Shadow Critic would save him. Scarf made another mistake, and soon both Jelli and Heatran were out of site. He did remember had another Phazer though but by then it was too late and Sally as predicted didn't have any scarf.

My opinion is that Scarf should have used a Scarf Salamence, not only did it suit his team, it would have answered many faster HO threats and after racking hazard damage and clever switching and phazing, a moxie Sally wouldn't have a problem cleaning through. Scotti was at a disadvantage from the start and his counter, Ttar didn't work as planned but he made good of what was presented to him. He should elect to either use a spinner/magic bouncer or a wallbreaker to make way for everyone else, as well as laying down SR early to prevent scarf from switching between defensive cores too much.

---

As for the comments about my match, I appreciate the detailed commentary but I don't understand what you meant by cool and then cited an example of a mishap happening and being stuck in a jam. That Celebi really got lucky considering 3 low roll damages and losing a Starmie and therefore the usefulness of a sashed Landrous against a rain team (couldn't bring it out anyway to put SR). I think Kingdra winning from 5-2 was a great come back and was a good example of how to set up a LGS methodologically and not bringing him out early and falling into an enemy trap.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
I don't think this thread is to suggest team changes, rather in game decisions. Scarf Wynaut has CM Latias covered with Heatran nicely, and adding Scarf Salamence to a stall team doesn't make too much sense tbh.

I'm just commentating on their choices both before the game and in game and this facilitates discussion. Scotti needed a wall breaker or a booster to get through switching from between special and physical walls, and could have benefited from a spinner or magic bouncer or even an SR lead to sabotage Scarf's switches. Salamence is an answer to fast HO threats, and seeing how his team is brilliantly built on the concept of clever switching (and forcing switches), laying hazards and spin blocking as well as phazing, a Scarf Salamence would have been a great sweeper late game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)