1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

OU RMT-Collage

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Clure, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Clure

Clure

An OU RMT-Collage
    I've been using the following team for a while, And I have had relative success doing so. I originally planned to make a Volt-turn team, But I Decided to test using a Volt-turn of Landorus-T and Thundurus, and I have found it works very well. The main Purpose of this team is to maintain momentum, And
    Volt-turn does just that. This team also uses the rare, yet Underrated SubCm Baton pass Espeon. Baton passing just the Sub gives me a free switch, and throws momentum back in my favour. Blissey Sponges Ice types, Something that normally Wrecks this team, and passes wish to help the team continue the Onslaught. Keldeo is my main offensive pony, and Abuses Rain Wonderfully. And finally, Dragonite Is there for synergetic purposes.​

And remember, Non weather teams are still viable!

The Team
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The Techno-babble

Landorus-T
    [​IMG]
    Koobonator (Landorus-T) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability:Intimidate
    EVs:252Attack/252Speed/4SpecialAttack
    Nature: Naive
    - Earthquake
    - Stone edge
    - U-turn
    - Hidden power[Ice]

Landorus-T Is My main choice for a lead, As Choice scarf gives him Plenty of speed to U-Turn to Espeon to Bounce away Harmful stealth rocks, Or U-turn to Thundurus to Start the offensive. Many players don't see Espeon coming, so They usually end up with Stealth rocks plaguing them. Earthquake is there for obvious reasons, As it is One of Landorus' main offensive options. Stone edge Rips apart Volcarona, But If Espeon succefully reflected SR, Volcarona is rarely a problem. Hidden Power Ice decimates A sneaky Gliscor trying to set up on Me, and With sufficient Prediction, it helps with dragons, Although It may not OHKO A pure dragon, Both Salamence and Dragonite(After SR or Voltswitch) Are dealt with. If, However, I'm trapped into an Earthquake And I need to get away, I simply switch to Blissey or Dragonite. (It depends if they are packing HP Ice). I almost always Begin a battle with Landorus, but If Team View is in play, Thundurus is better occasionally. Landorus is meant to be played with a HUGE amount of prediction, Like the rest of this team. The Reason I chose Therian forme over Incarnation is That ability. Intimidate in Volt-turn forces a switch, which also greatly helps momentum.

Thundurus-T
    [​IMG]
    Crystal (Thundurus-T) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Volt absorb
    EVs:252Special attack/252 Speed/4HP
    Nature:Timid
    - Thunder
    - Volt switch
    - Hidden power Ice
    - Grass knot

Thundurus-T Is the Second part of my Volt-turn. Thundurus Is also played with prediction, Because flat out Volt turning could lead to any number of things, including Enemy Thundurus Absorbing the attack. HP ice Deals with this problem, but As with most Scarfed pokemon, Incorrect prediction can ruin Momentum. Grass knot Is very useful for Smashing a Gastrodon or Swampert (or Quagsire lol) On the switch. Although I use it rarely, It useful when I need it. Thunder is what I use when I need an Electric attack, But I don't want to switch out Eg-When Espeon has baton passed something to Thundurus.

Espeon
    [​IMG]
    Fluttershy (Espeon) @Leftovers
    Ability:Magic bounce
    EVs:252HP/252Speed/4Special attack
    Nature:Timid
    - Baton pass
    - Calm mind
    - Substitute
    - Stored power

One thing I've noticed about every team that I make is that They all Have Espeon. Magic bounce is a Game changing ability, And Espeon is an amazing Pokemon in general. Magic bounce just makes it more awesome. If I had a dollar for every time Someone on Pokemon online Ragequitted because of this, I'd have enough money to afford Animated sprites for this RMT. Although many say that Sub on espeon is ridiculous, especially on a Baton passer, Hear me out. Espeon is what I U-Turn/Volt switch To when Stealth rocks are Coming in.After that, You can easily tell if they plan to switch out, or stay in. (some people just try and spike me) If they plan on switching, Using Baton pass provides a useful one time shield. Espeon has great speed, so She can Baton pass The Sub to Landorus or Thundurus Depending on the situation, Giving a free switch. If possible, Calm mind with Stored power means espeon can deal with enemies on her own. Although, Espeon's main purpose is avoiding Rocks and getting momentum back with Sub passing.

Keldeo
    [​IMG]
    Alamantias (Keldeo) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Justified
    EVs:252Specialattack/252Speed/4HP
    Nature: Timid
    - Secret sword
    - Calm mind
    - Surf
    - Hidden power [Ghost]

Keldeo is By far one of my favourite team members, But If Someone had to go, this Pony would be it. Although his purpose is too important. Keldeo is an amazing offensive powerhouse, even off a rain team- And due to the popularity of them, he often gains the boost anyway. After U-Turning or Volt switching to him, Keldeo can either try to CM, then attempt a sweep- Or Espeon can Baton pass a CM his way if possible. Many Players have claimed that Jellicent is the Best Keldeo Counter, but HP Ghost Tears the Jellyfish apart, with sufficent CM boosts. Surf is there mostly because Hydro pump is infamous for missing, And I'd rather have less power than lose the whole battle due to Hax.

Blissey
    [​IMG]

Horror (Blissey) @Leftovers
    Ability: Natural cure
    EVs: Defence/252Special defence
    Nature: Calm
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Seismic toss
    - Toxic

Blissey is infamous, and hated across the lands. Although the new Generation brought a plethora of Fighting types, Blissey's purpose is always the same.
    Wish heals off SR damage to the Dorus's, (assuming SR gets up) And heals the team in general. Protect is not only for Stalling the Toxic, but for Wish healing herself. Seismic toss is the only viable option for Blissey's Low offensive options, and Genarally helps Blissey. Blissey is also what I Volt-turn to if I suspect an Ice type move headed my way, And she Walls them well. Blissey also works well with Dragonite, As Dragonite is weak to Ice. Blissey was originally a Jellicent, But Jellicent is not only ugly, but Blissey has access to wish, and better suited to the job (Despite Jellicent's resistance to Ice)

Dragonite
    [​IMG]
    Starbuck (Dragonite) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Mulitscale
    EVs:252HP/252Specialattack/4Speed
    Nature: Modest
    - Draco meteor
    - Flamethrower
    - Thunderwave
    - Roost

Dragonite Provides good coverage with Blissey, and Smashes things with Draco meteor.
    Flamethower is always an option, especially when a Steel type is coming in. (Cough ferrothorn)Thunder wave spreads Status, something good to do when Draco lowers Special attack, Roost Heals and Repairs Multiscale, Something vital to survival. Dragonite takes Attacks Blissey couldn't, such as Bullet Punch and Superpower. Draco meteor seriously dents anything it hits, Bar Ferro and his Steel buddies. That makes playing Dragonite on this team quite risky, because You couldn't swing a meowth around here without hitting a Ferrothorn. (that would be cruel and painful though so I suggest you swing a sunkern)

Threatlist

Cloyster
    [​IMG]
    Cloyster is annoying. A Shell smashed Cloyster is insane.
    With that much speed and power, the ability to break subs with Icicle spear, and time to set up, cloyster is scary. Volt switch generally OHKO's it, But that needs to be fast, before Cloyster has Shell smashed.

Salamence
    [​IMG]
    Although a HP ice from one of the Dorus's can Revenge it, Salamence is still a pain to switch in to.

Lati@s
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Lati@s is interesting. Psyshock hurts Blissey, and HP Ghost from Keldeo or HP ice from the Dorus' Can work, But not OHKO. The Lati@s' can turn keldeo into a pile of goo with a Super effective Psyshock, and Surf Deals with Landorus. Dragonite can take an attack and then respond with Draco meteor, And that's my best bet. (other than U-turn then HP ice)

Will Expand.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd really appreciate any feedback. ^_^ Thank you for reading.
  2. PDC

PDC soon as your start sleeping catching you offguard
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Hey, cool team you got here.

First off I can say that you lack some very important keys to a team. Stealth Rock and a Dragon resist being one of them. But before I move onto that, I can say that you need to fix a couple of things pertaining to your sets. To fix the Stealth Rock problem I want you to change to a different Landorus - T set. Choice Scarf Landorus - T is in general outclassed by Landorus - I aside from Intimidate. This is why I think you should change it to a more Offensive Pilot Based set. One of 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe Adamant @ Leftovers with Stealth Rock over Hidden Power Ice will give you Stealth Rock and a Lucario check. Along with still giving you a sturdy check to Dragonite, Salamence, Terrakion, and Lucario. This fits with your momentum gaining VoltTurn core while also providing slightly more offensive power than Choice Scarf. I can also suggest changing your Dragonite spread to one of 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 Spe Quiet @ Life Orb with Fire Blast, ExtremeSpeed, and Superpower over Roost, Flamethrower, and Thunder Wave. This gives you as much power as possible when breaking through stall, and is very useful at catching stuff off guard in the metagame. This will remedy your stall problem a little, and make sure you have a move to hit pretty much everything. As a final adjustment, I suggest running Thunderbolt over Thunder on Thunderus - T to remedy a bit of an accuracy issue.

Now previously I mentioned you had an issue pertaining to dragon types, Gengar, and Terrakion. You also noted yourself you had an issue with Cloyster and the Lati twins. Blissey as it seems is the weakest link of the team. It does not fit the style of the team at all, being a sitting duck on a more offensive team like this. I think you should try out a Specially Defensive Swords Dance Scizor over Blissey to give you some defensive backbone to take all those strong Dragon attacks. Scizor gives you a third piece of the VoltTurn core, which your team is centered around.

I can also suggest to change Espeon to a more useful Poke. You have quite the weakness to Starmie and Rotom-W, so I suggest trying out Specially Defensive Gastrodon over Espeon to give you a reliable answer to the mentioned threats. It is very strong and can really damage a rain team very hard if they can't manage to break through Gastrodon. You can also beat opposing Keldeo, Tornadus - T, Thunderus - T, and Jolteon. As another option, you could try Life Orb Gastrodon over Specially Defensive Gastrodon to give your more offensive force, but this does cut your bulk a little.

sets (open)

Scizor @ Leftovers | Technician
    252 HP / 40 Atk / 172 SDef / 44 Spd
    Careful Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite
    - Roost

Gastrodon @ Leftovers | Storm Drain
    252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
    Sassy Nature
    - Scald
    - Earthquake
    - Recover
    - Toxic

Good luck!
  3. -Rockstar-

-Rockstar-

Hey there, nice team you got here, it's nice to see a weatherless team with all the weather going around but it could use some polishing, a major weakness I'm looking at right now is just Dragon type Pokemon in general, you have Pokemon like Thundurus T and Landorus which can beat them 1v1 most of the time but you lack a real switch in to them.To fix this issue I would suggest replacing your current Blissey with a Specially Defensive Jirachi, this change will not only bring you a valuable dragon resist which your team really needs but also keeps wish support for your team as your Blissey did but along with that can also give you a bit more offensive force compared to Blissey which suits your team more.Jirachi also gives your team Stealth Rock which you are missing alot as you cant always rely on Espeon.Another change I would suggest is replacing Grass Knot on Thundurus-T with Superpower and Thunder with Thunderbolt, Superpower gives you much better coverage than Grass Knot as the only think Grass knot hits is Gastrodon where as Superpower will give Thundurus T the chance to beat Blissey(On the switch after SR), Tyranitar, Hydreigon etc. giving you much more, there is also no real point running Thunder outside rain as a STAB thunderbolt hits pretty hard too with better accuracy.I'd also probably replace your current Dragonite Set with an offensive Roost Mixnite, it hits much harder and has better coverage, yes you lose Thunder Wave but I don't think it will matter much with Jirachi in the team now.Cloyster may still be a bit problematic but now with Stealth Rock, Paralysis Support and the fact Keldeo can switch in while it Shell Smashes I think you can play around it.

Sets (open)
    [​IMG]
    Jirachi @ Leftovers | Serene Grace
    Calm| 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
    Iron Head| Body Slam | Stealth Rock | Wish

[​IMG]
    Dragonite @ Life Orb | Multiscale
    Rash| 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
    Draco Meteor| Superpower | Fire Blast | Roost

Hope this helps.Good luck with the team.
  4. Clure

Clure

@PDC I've read over your ideas, And they seem like they will help alot. Scizor is exactly what I need. Although I like my espeon, It might be best that I try Gastrodon.
    @-Rockstar- I will also try Jirachi, and see what works best.
    Thankyou very much for the help, and keep up the rates!~
  5. Superpowerdude

Superpowerdude based wooper #dealwithit
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Mentor

Hey man nice looking team!

Your current team really has alot of trouble with Mamoswine as with its Life Orb set it can dismantle your team with its proity Ice Shard to pick off Thunderous-T, Landorous-T and Dragonite. Plus your other team members really don't like switching into an Earthqauke or in Blissey's case a Superpower. Also with no rapid spinner this team looks like it will have alot of trouble with stall and spike-stacking offensive teams. The reason being that Dragonites Multiscale is instantly broken and Blissey will get worn down by spikes to quickly to wall stuff. Sure you have Espeon with Magic Bounce but i don't think that is enough because Tyranitar a common pokemon that carries Stealth Rock can easily dispose of Espeon. Espeon would also take alot from Forretress and Ferrothorn's Gyro Balls. A good change would be Forretress>Espeon Your team would benefit alot from this change because this gives you a more reliable way to get rid of hazards with Rapid Spin. He can also take a hit from Mamoswine and deal with it using Gyro Ball. He also helps balance out your teams massive weakness to Ice-Type attacks seeing as you only have 1 resist. Forretress also helps set up Spikes which is any teams best friend that uses a Volt-turn core. Volt Switch rounds of the set giving you another pokemon for your Volt-turn chain. He also make a pseudo Skarmbliss core with Blissey as he walls the physical side of things and sets up hazards while Blissey keeps him alive with Wish and walls the special side.

I also noticed that no member of your team has Stealth Rock and with Forretress having Spikes i think a good candidate for the move would be Blissey. Stealth Rock>Protect looks like a good option because Stealth Rocks importance on a team is so great because of the damage it does to Volcarona and Dragonite. Sure Protect may be useful sometimes but if you are in on a special attacker you will probally have two turns to live so you can get your Hp back from Wish. Stealth Rock coupled with Spikes makes this team alot more dangerous offensivly and it is the perfect support for powerhouses like Landorus-T, Thunderous-T and Dragonite.

Good Luck i hope i helped! And yeah weatherless is still very viable it is my favourite playing style :)

Sets
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Forretress @ Leftovers | Sturdy
    Relaxed | 252 Hp / 176 Def / 80 Sp Def (O Spe Ivs)
    Spikes | Rapid Spin | Gyro Ball | Volt Switch

Tl;dr
    Show Hide

Forretress--->Espeon

Blissey
    .Stealth Rock--->Protect

~Superpowerdude
  6. Clure

Clure

@Superpowerdude O hai! I was just testing PDC's Ideas when I saw this. Forretress is worth testing as well. Thanks a lot for the Help! Also, Keldeo Has no trouble Secret swording Mamoswine. Also, Landorus, thundurus, and Dragonite are all flying types, And I haven't had much trouble with EQ so far.

Still having trouble deciding between Forretress and Gastrodon. afwrhwrh
  7. generic name

generic name

Cool team, I like it.
    You have 2 scarfers (landorus t and thundurus t) in your volt turn core, that could be redundant, i'd make thundurus life orb'ed, because it requires less prediction (even if gastro does switch in on volt switch, you win anyways, instead of having to predict).
    The use of espeon is interesting, stall teams tend to have ttar with pursuit but i suppose baton pass gets around that.
    If you don't like your current keldeo set you could try life orb with icy wind over cm.
    Physical ice types like mamoswine and cloyster really trouble your team because blissey can't wall them.
    someone suggested forry>espeon, but i think you really like espeon, so maybe you could try skarm or jirachi in your last slot?
    skarm sets up spikes on mamo, but rachi does well against cloyster, lati@s, and mence locked in to outrage, all of which you say scare your team.

try either the typical sp def rachi or expert belt with ice punch/fire punch/thunderbolt/iron head.

interesting team.
  8. Clure

Clure

@generic name Thanks for the help. Right now, I'm leaning towards Forretress->Keldeo/Gastrodon. Although Gastro really does destroy rain teams.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)