[OU RMT] Resident Evil 5

Introduction:
This team doesn't really have an introduction. I was reading the Lead Synergy article, and piece by piece, this team came together. I'm not sure how, or really even why. I guess I was just getting bored with using Calamity Trigger, so I went for something new. Anyways, enjoy.

Team at a Glance

_|_
_|_
_|_
_|_
_|_
_|_
_|_

|

Colors (Roserade) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP | 252 SpA | 252 Spe

• Sleep Powder
  • Leaf Storm
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Hidden Power [Ground] / Hidden Power [Fire]
Why This Pokemon: Roserade and Heatran go together perfectly, resisting the other Pokemon's weakness, bar Ground-type (which is handled by three different Pokemon). Roserade can also take Status for the team, scouting out Blissey's Status move of choice. Roserade makes a wonderful Lead Pokemon, with its above average Speed and spectacular 125 Special Attack stat. What's really appealing about Roserade is the set that I'm using, since it gives Roserade the ability to come back later in the game and wreck some havoc with its dual-STAB attacks.

Why This Set: Choice Scarf is amazing on Roserade. So many people are expecting a Focus Sash Roserade as a Lead, so they immediately go for Taunt. However, with Choice Scarf in hand, Roserade out-speeds their Lead and puts them to Sleep with Sleep Powder. A simple EV spread of 252 | 252 takes care of all of Roserade's needs.

By using Choice Scarf, I basically forwent the opportunity to use Toxic Spikes, which doesn't matter much anyways, since only Zapdos can even put Badly Poisoned status to good use.

Leaf Storm, Hidden Power [Ice], and Sludge Bomb provide all the coverage I need, walled by a few select Pokemon, Scizor and Lucario being two that stand out specifically. Both can be crippled by Sleep Powder, and even if Lucario sets up Swords Dance (or Scizor, LOL Swords Dance Scizor), Flygon can take care of it (Zapdos deals with Scizor), or Zapdos if Lucario lacks Ice Punch.

Hidden Power [Ground] is being tested currently, for its ability to catch Heatran off-guard, OHKOing them a large percentage of the time. I'm also testing Hidden Power [Fire] due to the Forretress that constantly come in to absorb Leaf Storm, or Scizor trying to switch in safely.
- Choice Scarf Roserade has the benefit of stopping both the dual screens and the suicide Stealth Rock versions from setting up with a fast Sleep Powder.

- Choice Scarf Roserade also catches Aerodactyl by surprise with a fast Sleep Powder, which prevents Stealth Rock from being put up.

- Swampert will likely switch out of lead Roserade, so it is a good idea to try to Sleep Powder whatever switches in.

- Due to Lum Berry being a common item on Metagross, seen 16.8% of the time, it is very risky to try to Sleep Powder Metagross. I find it best to switch to Heatran immediately. Best case scenario, Metagross tries to Meteor Mash and it does very little damage to Heatran, putting you at an advantage. Worst case scenario, Metagross uses Earthquake and uses up your Shuca Berry. Fortunately, if Metagross stays in on an expected Sleep Powder, it likely has Lum Berry and not Occa Berry, putting Heatran at an advantage, which can be used to get up Stealth Rock.

- It is likely that Jirachi is carrying a Choice Scarf, as 39.1% do, allowing Jirachi to outspeed Roserade. It is very risky to stay in, so the best option is to switch to Heatran, who is a very safe switch in to Jirachi.

- Lead Infernape will usually Fake Out first, expecting to render Roserade's Focus Sash useless. However, the joke is on Infernape, as Roserade will outspeed the next turn to Sleep Powder.

- This lead can give both Roserade and Heatran troubles. Most lead Machamp carry Lum Berry, allowing it to beat Roserade. Switching to Heatran on a Payback, Ice Punch, or Stone Edge can allow you to Explode on Machamp; however, it means you will not get Stealth Rock up. It is a good idea to make sure that you have another Pokémon on your team that can handle Machamp.

- Opposing Roserade expecting a speed tie are in for a surprise, as you can just Sleep Powder them. Afterward, you can Sleep Powder again if you expect them to switch and take advantage of Roserade's Natural Cure ability, or just go straight to Heatran for a favorable match-up.

- Another tough match up for this combination. Lead Tyranitar often carry Lum Berry, so it might be a better option to just Leaf Storm for some good damage. Heatran cannot do anything to Tyranitar either. This is another Pokémon that you need to have a good teammate outside of this combination to beat.

- Sleep Powder or Hidden Power Ice work here, as Gliscor expects to outspeed you taunt Taunt your Sleep Powder, Earthquake to break your assumed Focus Sash, or Stealth Rock.

- Choice Scarf Roserade handles this just like Focus Sash Roserade: by using Sleep Powder and hoping that Heatran does not have a Lum Berry.

|

The Claw (Heatran) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Naive

• Stealth Rock
  • Fire Blast
  • Earth Power
  • Explosion
Why This Pokemon: The second part of the RoseTran Lead combination. Heatran takes care of the Leads that Roserade can't deal with by itself, which is really only Metagross. Heatran has to tread carefully around Machamp, seeing as Fire Blast is only a 2HKO at best, while DynamicPunch is an obvious OHKO. Rotom-h helps to mitigate this problem, but we'll get to that later. Heatran can also function later on.

Why This Set: Heatran plays the role of the Stealth Rock 'Lead' of the team. Once again, a 252 | 252 EV spread is sufficient here, with the last 4 EVs thrown into HP. A Naive nature boosts Heatran's average Speed while cutting into Heatran's Defense stat.

Fire Blast along with Earth Power work well together, with Explosion picking off anything that can resist those two moves used together. I prefer not using Explosion early on in the game, since Heatran can be quite useful mid-to-late game, with 12 Resistances giving it more than enough time to switch in and attack.

|

Flying Nightmare (Flygon) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Atk | 4 SpA | 252 Spe

• U-turn
  • Earthquake
  • Fire Blast
  • Outrage
Why This Pokemon: Flygon provides some interesting resistances, such as an Electric-type resistance (something my team was sorely lacking in), a second Rock-type resistance, and evades damage from Toxic and regular Spikes with the use of his Ability, Levitate. Flygon pairs well with Jirachi, resisting Heatran's Ground-type weaknesses, while the volcanic-like Pokemon returns the favor.

Why This Set: With the addition of Choice Scarf Jirachi taking over the role of a Choice Scarf Revenge Killer, Flygon is free to run Expert Belt, and bluff a Choice Scarf. Many people underestimate the strength of Bluff Flygon, which easily works in my favor.

Dragon Claw has been changed to Outrage, because, even though it locks Flygon in, it allows a chance for Jirachi to set up on common Revenge Killers (Scizor Bullet Punch, Starmie Ice Beam, random HP Ices, ect, ect), and the drop in power was far too noticeable. Outrage is usually kept hidden for as long as possible, as I carefully scout out the opponent's team with U-turn.

One advantage of using BluffGon is that, late game, once my opponent has already figured out that Flygon isn't using a Choice Item, I can just fire off STAB Earthquakes. If they send in something that resists it (Rotom-A, Salamence, Celebi, ect, ect), I can just U-turn out and net the KO with something else. Speaking of which, nothing surprises a Celebi more than getting hit by a 4x Super Effective Expert Belt boosted U-turn after switching into an Earthquake or Dragon Claw. It may not be a OHKO, even with Stealth Rock, but it'll leave Celebi crippled, forcing it to either switch out on what I send in (Heatran, Jirachi, or Machamp), or face getting finished off.

Fire Blast is invaluable for dealing with Forretress, Skarmory, and Scizor. All three wall this set completely, bar Scizor and Forretress (Earthquake for neutral), but even those two are more than capable of taking the damage from Earthquake and setting up or defeating Flygon. Fire Blast nets the 2HKO on Skarmory, and a OHKO on both Forretress and Scizor.

|

Fragment of Fears (Rotom-h) @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid

• Thunderbolt
  • Shadow Ball
  • Will-o-Wisp
  • Trick
Why This Pokemon: My second Ground-type resist. Rotom-h also provides resistance to Normal-type attacks, and it helps to deal with the Attacking Lead Machamp problem that I have. Rotom-h is backed by a decent 105 Special Attack, with a slightly above-average 86 Speed stat, and a somewhat diverse move-pool. Of course, its biggest weakness would be Dark-type attacks, Tyranitar especially.

Why This Set: Well, since I changed Jirachi to a Wish + Calm Minder, Rotom-h was the next to change, to a Choice Scarf. With a Choice Scarf, Rotom-h can Revenge Dragon Dance Gyarados and Swords Dance Lucario.

Thunderbolt and Will-o-Wisp can deal with the two aforementioned threats, out-right KOing them or inflicting them with Burned status. Will-o-Wisp also allows the team to have an easier time against Gliscor, Burning it on the switch-in, switching to Roserade on the Toxic/Taunt, and then using whatever move is most appropriate at the time. Will-o-Wisp also catches Tyranitar off-guard, since it will be out-sped and Burned, leaving my opponent confused as to how such a thing happened. Shadow Ball picks off weakened Ghost-types, and is boosted by STAB.

|

New Fear (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP | 216 Def | 40 Spe

• Calm Mind
  • Wish
  • Thunderbolt
  • Psychic
Why This Pokemon: Jirachi works well with Flygon and Machamp, perfectly resisting each and every one of its weaknesses, with Flygon doing the same for Jirachi. Jirachi is also the leading cause of rage-quits. See that smile on its face? That's Jirachi, laughing at you, right before it uses Iron Head to KO your Magnezone.

Why This Set: Well, first off, I've gotta say that I love this Jirachi set, and I thank Plus for recommending it to me. I was actually planning to test it out before Plus suggested it (and started testing it for about two battles), and its been a massive help. Wish is great, especially for Heatran and Flygon, and even Roserade.

Calm Mind really helps for sweeping, and at +6 (which is uncommon, but not impossible) can break through Blissey with Psychic. Even better if Jirachi nets a Special Defense drop with Psychic. With Wish providing Recovery, I rarely have to worry about Jirachi being Revenged.

Psychic and Thunderbolt provide the best coverage possible, as Flash Cannon can't even OHKO Choice Scarf Tyranitar at +3 without prior damage, Calm Mind Jirachi's biggest problem (which is handled by Flygon and Machamp).

|

Uroboros (Machamp) @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 244 HP | 252 Atk | 12 Spe

• DynamicPunch
  • Payback
  • Rest
  • Sleep Talk
Why This Pokemon: Machamp is my Tyranitar counter, plain and simple. Obviously, that's not all Machamp can do. With No Guard, the only thing countering STAB DynamicPunch is Ghost-type Pokemon, which are then smacked around by Payback. Rotom-A can't even defeat this Machamp, 2HKOed by Payback. Nothing is a 'safe' switch-in for Machamp, since you're hit by a STAB DynamicPunch coming off Machamp's Base 130 Attack stat, and now you're stuck with a 50% chance of attacking yourself.

Why This Set: This is Machamp's most basic set, ResTalk. This teams lacks a clear-cut Status Absorber, seeing as Rotom-h isn't using ResTalk and Roserade has Natural Cure (meaning Blissey can just Toxic once, then Toxic again when Roserade switches out). Sleep Talk helps Machamp abuse DynamicPunch without draining its 8 PP.

DynamicPunch and Payback provide great coverage, hitting damn near everything for neutral damage at the very least. DynamicPunch, paired with No Guard, causes problems for everything without a Lum Berry or Inner Focus. A 50/50 shot at hitting yourself is never great, and can help force switches.

End Notes: This team went through a major overhaul. Well...I kept Flygon? That's about it really. And even then, I'm thinking about replacing Flygon with a Scarf Starmie, to hit those annoying Dragon Dance Salamence (get banned, you fucker), and Dragon Dance Gyarados. With Machamp backing up Starmie, Choice Scarf Tyranitar isn't as much of a problem (being unable to switch into Surf without getting 2HKOed, and scouting Tyranitar by sending Starmie out first, then switching to Machamp on Tyranitar). Um...any thoughts?

Final Glance

_|_
_|_
_|_
_|_
_|_
_|_
_|_

Battle Logs

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause
iAkiyoshi sent out Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
The Shiny Pidgey sent out Roserade (lvl 100 Roserade ?).
The Shiny Pidgey switched in Heatran (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
Jirachi used U-turn.
It's not very effective...
Heatran lost 4% of its health.
iAkiyoshi switched in Swampert (lvl 100 Swampert ?).
---
Heatran used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Swampert used Yawn.
Heatran became drowsy!
---
iAkiyoshi switched in Forretress (lvl 100 Forretress ?).
Pointed stones dug into Forretress.
Forretress lost 12% of its health.
The Shiny Pidgey switched in Flygon (lvl 100 Flygon ?).
Forretress's leftovers restored its health a little!
Forretress restored 6% of its health.
---
Flygon used Fire Blast.
It's super effective!
Forretress lost 94% of its health.
iAkiyoshi's Forretress fainted.
---
iAkiyoshi switched in Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Pointed stones dug into Jirachi.
Jirachi lost 6% of its health.
Flygon used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Jirachi lost 88% of its health.
Jirachi used U-turn.
Flygon lost 22% of its health.
iAkiyoshi switched in Jolteon (lvl 100 Jolteon ?).
Pointed stones dug into Jolteon.
Jolteon lost 12% of its health.
---
Jolteon used Hidden Power.
Heatran lost 10% of its health.
---
iAkiyoshi switched in Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
iAkiyoshi's Jirachi fainted.
Heatran used Earth Power.
But there was no target!
---
iAkiyoshi switched in Starmie (lvl 100 Starmie).
Pointed stones dug into Starmie.
Starmie lost 12% of its health.
The Shiny Pidgey switched in Roserade (lvl 100 Roserade ?).
Starmie used Surf.
Roserade lost 31% of its health.
---
Starmie used Surf.
Roserade lost 27% of its health.
Roserade used Sleep Powder.
Starmie fell asleep!
---
iAkiyoshi switched in Jolteon (lvl 100 Jolteon ?).
Pointed stones dug into Jolteon.
Jolteon lost 12% of its health.
---
Jolteon used Shadow Ball.
Flygon lost 67% of its health.
Flygon used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Jolteon lost 75% of its health.
iAkiyoshi's Jolteon fainted.
---
iAkiyoshi switched in Starmie (lvl 100 Starmie).
Pointed stones dug into Starmie.
Starmie lost 12% of its health.
Starmie used Surf.
Flygon lost 11% of its health.
The Shiny Pidgey's Flygon fainted.
---
The Shiny Pidgey switched in Machamp (lvl 100 Machamp ?).
Starmie used Surf.
Machamp lost 46% of its health.
Machamp used Payback.
It's super effective!
Starmie lost 76% of its health.
iAkiyoshi's Starmie fainted.
Machamp's leftovers restored its health a little!
Machamp restored 6% of its health.
---
Pointed stones dug into Swampert.
Swampert lost 6% of its health.
Swampert used Yawn.
Machamp became drowsy!
Machamp used Dynamicpunch.
Swampert lost 45% of its health.
Swampert became confused!
---
iAkiyoshi switched in Lucario (lvl 100 Lucario ?).
Pointed stones dug into Lucario.
Lucario lost 3% of its health.
---
Swampert fell asleep!
Swampert's Chesto Berry cured its Sleep!
---
Roserade's attack missed!
Swampert used Yawn.
Roserade became drowsy!
---
Swampert used Rest.
Swampert fell asleep!
Swampert restored 57% of its health.
Roserade fell asleep!
---
---
The Shiny Pidgey switched in Rotom-h (lvl 100 Rotom-h).
---
Rotom-h used Trick.
Swampert obtained Choice Scarf!
Swampert is fast asleep!
---
Swampert is fast asleep!
---
Swampert woke up!
Swampert used Yawn.
Machamp became drowsy!
Swampert lost 41% of its health.
Swampert became confused!
---
---
Lucario fell asleep!
Lucario is fast asleep!
---
---
Heatran used Explosion.
Swampert lost 47% of its health.
iAkiyoshi's Swampert fainted.
The Shiny Pidgey's Heatran fainted.
---
Lucario is fast asleep!
It's super effective!
Lucario lost 89% of its health.
iAkiyoshi's Lucario fainted.
The Shiny Pidgey wins!
iAkiyoshi has left the room.

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause
Totzish sent out Kid A (lvl 100 Alakazam ?).
Kid A fell asleep!
Kid A is fast asleep!
---
Totzish switched in Metagross (lvl 100 Metagross).
---
Metagross used Ice Punch.
It's super effective!
Flygon lost 100% of its health.
The Shiny Pidgey's Flygon fainted.
---
Totzish switched in Kid A (lvl 100 Alakazam ?).
---
Kid A is fast asleep!
Heatran used Fire Blast.
Kid A lost 100% of its health.
Kid A hung on using its Focus Sash!
---
Kid A woke up!
Kid A used Thunder Wave.
Heatran is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
A critical hit!
Kid A lost 0% of its health.
Totzish's Kid A fainted.
---
Totzish switched in Metagross (lvl 100 Metagross).
Pointed stones dug into Metagross.
Metagross lost 6% of its health.
Metagross used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Heatran lost 78% of its health.
The Shuca Berry weakened Earthquake's power!
Heatran used Fire Blast.
It's super effective!
Metagross lost 94% of its health.
Totzish's Metagross fainted.
---
Totzish switched in Gyarados (lvl 100 Gyarados ?).
Gyarados's Intimidate cut Heatran's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Gyarados.
Gyarados lost 25% of its health.
Gyarados used Dragon Dance.
Gyarados's attack was raised.
Gyarados's speed was raised.
Heatran used Explosion.
Gyarados lost 74% of its health.
---
Gyarados fell asleep!
Gyarados is fast asleep!
---
The Shiny Pidgey switched in Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Gyarados is fast asleep!
---
Gyarados woke up!
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Jirachi lost 53% of its health.
Gyarados lost 1% of its health.
Totzish's Gyarados fainted.
Jirachi used Calm Mind.
Jirachi's special attack was raised.
Jirachi's special defence was raised.
Jirachi's leftovers restored its health a little!
Jirachi restored 6% of its health.
---
Totzish switched in Rotom-h (lvl 100 Rotom-h).
Pointed stones dug into Rotom-h.
Rotom-h lost 12% of its health.
Jirachi used Psychic.
Rotom-h lost 49% of its health.
Rotom-h used Will-o-wisp.
Rotom-h's attack missed!
Rotom-h's leftovers restored its health a little!
Rotom-h restored 6% of its health.
---
Jirachi used Psychic.
Rotom-h lost 44% of its health.
Totzish's Rotom-h fainted.
---
Totzish has left the room.
The Shiny Pidgey wins!

Rob sent out Smeargle (lvl 100 Smeargle ?).
Smeargle used Taunt.
Roserade fell for the taunt!
---
Smeargle used Spore.
Flygon fell asleep!
---
Smeargle used Stealth Rock.
---
Rob switched in Quagsire (lvl 100 Quagsire ?).
---
Quagsire fell asleep!
Quagsire is fast asleep!
---
Rob switched in Smeargle (lvl 100 Smeargle ?).
---
Smeargle used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
Jirachi used Calm Mind.
---
Smeargle used Taunt.
Jirachi fell for the taunt!
Jirachi used Calm Mind.
Jirachi can't use Calm Mind after the taunt!
---
Smeargle used Spikes.
Jirachi used Psychic.
Smeargle lost 100% of its health.
Smeargle hung on using its Focus Sash!
Smeargle's special defence was lowered.
---
Smeargle used Spikes.
Jirachi used Thunderbolt.
Smeargle lost 0% of its health.
Rob's Smeargle fainted.
Jirachi's taunt wore off!
---
Rob switched in Flygon (lvl 100 Flygon ?).
Flygon used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Jirachi lost 63% of its health.
Flygon lost 10% of its health.
Jirachi used Psychic.
Flygon lost 77% of its health.
---
Rotom-h makes ground moves miss with Levitate!
Flygon used Earthquake.
Flygon's attack missed!
---
Rotom-h used Shadow Ball.
Flygon lost 13% of its health.
Rob's Flygon fainted.
---
Rob switched in Gyarados (lvl 100 Gyarados ?).
Gyarados's Intimidate cut Rotom-h's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Roserade.
Roserade lost 12% of its health.
Roserade was hurt by Spikes!
Roserade lost 25% of its health.
Gyarados used Dragon Dance.
Gyarados's attack was raised.
Gyarados's speed was raised.
---
Roserade used Leaf Storm.
Gyarados lost 60% of its health.
Roserade's special attack was harshly lowered.
Gyarados used Return.
Roserade lost 63% of its health.
The Shiny Pidgey's Roserade fainted.
Gyarados's leftovers restored its health a little!
Gyarados restored 6% of its health.
---
Rotom-h used Thunderbolt.
It doesn't affect Quagsire...
---
Jirachi was hurt by Spikes!
Jirachi lost 25% of its health.
Rob switched in Gyarados (lvl 100 Gyarados ?).
Gyarados's Intimidate cut Jirachi's attack!
Gyarados's leftovers restored its health a little!
Gyarados restored 6% of its health.
---
It's super effective!
Gyarados lost 52% of its health.
Rob's Gyarados fainted.
---
Rob switched in Infernape (lvl 100 Infernape ?).
Infernape used Flamethrower.
It's super effective!
The Shiny Pidgey's Jirachi fainted.
Infernape lost 10% of its health.
---
Pointed stones dug into Machamp.
Machamp lost 6% of its health.
Machamp was hurt by Spikes!
Machamp lost 25% of its health.
Infernape used Flamethrower.
Machamp lost 58% of its health.
Infernape lost 10% of its health.
Infernape lost 80% of its health.
Rob's Infernape fainted.
---
Rob switched in Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Machamp lost 17% of its health.
The Shiny Pidgey's Machamp fainted.
---
Pointed stones dug into Heatran.
Heatran lost 12% of its health.
Heatran was hurt by Spikes!
Heatran lost 25% of its health.
Quagsire lost 38% of its health.
Quagsire's leftovers restored its health a little!
Quagsire restored 6% of its health.
---
Quagsire lost 36% of its health.
Quagsire is fast asleep!
Quagsire's leftovers restored its health a little!
Quagsire restored 6% of its health.
---
Quagsire lost 39% of its health.
Rob's Quagsire fainted.
---
Rob switched in Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Heatran lost 9% of its health.
Heatran used Fire Blast.
It's super effective!
Jirachi lost 100% of its health.
Rob's Jirachi fainted.
The Shiny Pidgey wins!
Rob: gg

-ChaosHero91 sent out Heatran (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
-ChaosHero91 switched in Blissey (lvl 100 Blissey ?).
Blissey fell asleep!
---
Blissey is fast asleep!
---
-ChaosHero91 switched in Heatran (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
Flygon used U-turn.
Heatran lost 5% of its health.
---
Heatran fell asleep!
Heatran is fast asleep!
---
Heatran is fast asleep!
---
Heatran woke up!
It's super effective!
Heatran lost 100% of its health.
The Shuca Berry weakened Earth Power's power!
---
-ChaosHero91 switched in Skarmory (lvl 100 Skarmory ?).
Pointed stones dug into Skarmory.
Skarmory lost 12% of its health.
Flygon used Earthquake.
It doesn't affect Skarmory...
---
Flygon used Fire Blast.
It's super effective!
Skarmory lost 78% of its health.
Skarmory used Taunt.
Flygon fell for the taunt!
---
Flygon used Fire Blast.
It's super effective!
Skarmory lost 10% of its health.
-ChaosHero91's Skarmory fainted.
---
-ChaosHero91 switched in Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Jirachi used Ice Punch.
Jirachi lost 7% of its health.
---
-ChaosHero91 switched in Rotom-h (lvl 100 Rotom-h).
Jirachi used Calm Mind.
Jirachi restored 0% of its health.
---
Pointed stones dug into Blissey.
Blissey lost 12% of its health.
Jirachi used Psychic.
Blissey lost 16% of its health.
Blissey's leftovers restored its health a little!
Blissey restored 6% of its health.
---
Jirachi used Calm Mind.
Blissey used Thunder Wave.
Jirachi is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
---
Blissey used Ice Beam.
Jirachi lost 4% of its health.
Jirachi used Psychic.
Blissey lost 22% of its health.
Jirachi restored 4% of its health.
---
Blissey used Seismic Toss.
Jirachi used Calm Mind.
---
Jirachi used Wish.
Jirachi made a wish!
---
Jirachi used Calm Mind.
The wish came true!
Jirachi restored 50% of its health.
---
-ChaosHero91 switched in Heatran (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
Pointed stones dug into Heatran.
Heatran lost 12% of its health.
Jirachi used Wish.
Jirachi made a wish!
---
It's super effective!
Jirachi lost 29% of its health.
Heatran lost 68% of its health.
The wish came true!
Jirachi restored 29% of its health.
---
It's super effective!
Jirachi lost 28% of its health.
Heatran lost 15% of its health.
-ChaosHero91's Heatran fainted.
---
-ChaosHero91 switched in Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Jirachi used Fire Punch.
It's super effective!
Jirachi is paralysed! It can't move!
---
Jirachi used Fire Punch.
It's super effective!
Jirachi lost 28% of its health.
Jirachi lost 63% of its health.
---
Jirachi used Fire Punch.
It's super effective!
Jirachi lost 29% of its health.
-ChaosHero91's Jirachi fainted.
---
Jirachi lost 14% of its health.
The Shiny Pidgey's Jirachi fainted.
---
-ChaosHero91 switched in Rotom-h (lvl 100 Rotom-h).
It doesn't affect Rotom-h...
---
Rotom-h used Thunderbolt.
Machamp lost 37% of its health.
Machamp used Payback.
It's super effective!
Rotom-h lost 67% of its health.
---
Rotom-h used Will-o-wisp.
Machamp was burned!
Machamp used Payback.
It's super effective!
Rotom-h lost 26% of its health.
-ChaosHero91's Rotom-h fainted.
Machamp was hurt by its burn!
Machamp lost 12% of its health.
---
-ChaosHero91 switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Pointed stones dug into Scizor.
Scizor lost 12% of its health.
Scizor used Swords Dance.
Scizor's attack was sharply raised.
Scizor's leftovers restored its health a little!
Scizor restored 6% of its health.
---
Rotom-h used Trick.
Rotom-h obtained Leftovers!
Blissey obtained Choice Scarf!
---
Blissey used Ice Beam.
Machamp lost 18% of its health.
---
Blissey used Ice Beam.
Machamp lost 16% of its health.
It's super effective!
Blissey lost 49% of its health.
Blissey became confused!
---
Blissey is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
Blissey lost 2% of its health.
Machamp used Rest.
Machamp fell asleep!
Machamp restored 84% of its health.
---
-ChaosHero91 switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Pointed stones dug into Scizor.
Scizor lost 12% of its health.
Machamp is fast asleep!
Machamp used Sleep Talk.
Machamp used Payback.
A critical hit!
Scizor lost 21% of its health.
---
Scizor used Swords Dance.
Scizor's attack was sharply raised.
Machamp is fast asleep!
Machamp used Sleep Talk.
Machamp used Rest.
But it failed!
---
Scizor used Bug Bite.
Machamp lost 54% of its health.
Machamp woke up!
Scizor lost 72% of its health.
-ChaosHero91's Scizor fainted.
---
-ChaosHero91 has left the room.
The Shiny Pidgey wins!

I'm a bit too tired to do a proper rate today, so maybe I'll come back here tomorrow. In the meantime, I have a few general comments.

A nitpick: Naive Heatran with LO does 93.5-110.3% to Vaporeon, so it's quite possible for it to be OHKOed. You're right that it can't OHKO without rocks or SS if it's a Timid variant, but you won't find out until it explodes, so...

Keep your current Gengar set. The other set is pretty pathetic in practice; you can't kill any Ttars without a Sub up whereas you can do that with your current set against non-Scarf Tyranitar (though like you said, the accuracy is shitty). It's not reliable against Blissey because of that same fact; if they run an attacking move other than Seismic Toss they can repeatedly hit you with it and you can't do anything back. Pain Split Gengar does fine against Bliss and Ttar, if not better than the other set.

Also, I've never really liked Stone Edge on Scarf Flygon since that 80% chance of a miss pretty much means an auto-loss against Taunt Gyarados since it sets up on Vaporeon and OHKOes everything else on your team. Thunderpunch is a good alternative if that bothers you (it certainly bothers me since I've gotten swept multiple times for using Stone Edge), though if you're worried about early-game DDmence then Stone Edge is the better choice (since locking yourself onto Outrage is a good way to get Flygon killed). It's your call though, this one is more a matter of opinion than anything else.

I'd give Stealth Rock to Jirachi, and make Metagross' set -Meteor Mash, -Ice Punch Thunder Punch, -Earthquake with a Shuca Berry and a somewhat defensive EV spread. That will fix your weakness to Dragon Dancers. Because you don't have Leftovers or Recover, Starmie will be hard-pressed to survive a +1 Stone Edge from Gyara.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74133

I just don't understand how can this team function without a Dark- and a Ghost- type resist. Having these resistances in the current metagame is crucial to be able to switch-into the several threats that utilize those types. Another issue seems to be Scizor. Nothing on your team is able to switch-in on a CB U-Turn without taking ample amounts of damage in return. Also, another clear threat to this team would be Rotom-A as it seems to trouble this team offensively and defensively as well. What I would reccomend using would be a Heatran instead of Jirachi. Jirachi is basically useless on this team because nothing really benefits of the paralysis support at all. Heatran retains that Steel typing that Jirachi had, however it gives your team a well needed Ghost- type and Dark- type resist and fixes your Rotom-A weakness as well as your crazy weakness to Scizor. Go for Fire Blast | Earthpower | Explosion | HP Grass with 4 Atk / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe with Life Orb and a Naive Nature. It also effectively lures in Swampert, a defensive threat your team seems to struggle to take down, and OHKO it with HP Grass. LO Heatran is a big threat to most Stall teams and rounds off your team's offensive capabilities nicely.

On Vaporeon, those 68 Spe EVs are usually used to outspeed Metagross and Skarmory but I would reccomend just using 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe which is all you really need. It allows you to outspeed Scizor that invest 8 EVs in Speed and the extra Defense allows you to take Infernape Close Combats and DD Gyarados with much more efficiency. Also, I would strongly reccomend using HP Electric instead of Toxic because I fear DD Gyarados will be problematic.

I would agree with Nosferalto in using HP Electric over Toxic for Vappy for Gyarados and perhaps other Vaporeons.

Also I would agree again with a Heatran over Jirachi who's support isn't that needed.
The set suggested above is good as well as it also deals with the ever problemsome Blissey

Finally I'd suggest Grass Knot perhaps on Starmie over Rapid Spin as SR isn't such a big deal and it allows you deal with Swampert more efficiently and reliably as Pert can also be a big problem for your team IMO.

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hey there Shiny Pidgey! This is a well constructed RMT, and the formatting is great! Plus, the team is quite good as well, so congrats.

Your biggest threat, which you touched upon under Vaporeon's description, is Heatran. However, more specifically, this team (even with Vaporeon) has immense troubles against SubTran. You mention that Vaporeon can survive a LO Explosion, which is great. However, what about variants that use Toxic? They utterly cripple Vaporeon for the rest of the match while being able to take on a Surf and leave with ~73% health, assuming SR is in play. It easily sets up on Metagross (you won't risk the Fire Blast I assume), Jirachi somewhat (SubTran doesn't mind TWave 100% while it gets under a Sub), and Flygon locked into Outrage. Your only check is Starmie, but with SR + a free Earth Power hit (43.1% - 50.8%) + potential early LO damage + Pursuit users, it won't last long.

A mid to late game Specially Based MixApe seems like it would also give this team trouble with proper prediction. Infernape can predict and OHKO your entire team bar Vaporeon, who is 2HKOed by Close Combat assuming bad field conditions (SR + Sandstorm is a 60%+ chance of a 2HKO). Only Gengar outspeeds it naturally, but it cannot OHKO it while it eats a Fire Blast. Flygon can OHKO it, but it must watch out for HP Ice on the switch. Same for Starmie, except Grass Knot + SR. The good news, however, is that you will cause it to switch in and out frequently if you have a good portion of the team healthy.

Starmie

While not a 100% necessary change must be made here, I do believe that Starmie is knocked out way too early in this position, and with LO + damage, will get KOed easily. While this may not sound like a big deal initially, but Starmie currently plays a huge role for the team, combating things like Infernape (bar GK variants), Heatran, Salamence, Dragonite, Gyarados, and the like. I'm not 100% sold on why Life Orb is necessary on Lead Starmie, to be honest. With Hydro Pump and Leftovers, the only Lead Pokemon that is not 2HKOed initially is Swampert. Metagross is still 2HKO'd a majority of the time (assuming no Leftovers, it does a minimum of 48% damage), and Heatran is OHKOed still. Unless you find Swampert completely terrorizing in the Lead spot (it has to EQ twice to beat Starmie, which can be played around easily with Gengar/Flygon/Vaporeon), consider Leftovers over Life Orb to give Starmie some sort of recovery option as the match progresses. Starmie cannot afford the 10% drops when it can KO the same Leads with Leftovers. Plus, as a bonus, you now don't take a crippling 10% every time you Rapid Spin.

Metagross

I love the Lead combo you are using here! Just a quick thing, have you considered dropping Earthquake for Explosion? You make a fairly big deal about how powerful Explosion is, but will not drop Meteor Mash. What exactly is Earthquake doing for you? It hits opposing Metagross and Heatran in the Lead position...but you already have Starmie for this. The only use outside of this I see is Jirachi (and Lucario, but you do have Jirachi who outspeeds and TWaves), who you can easily play around with still. Explosion gives you an opportunity to punch a large hole in the opposing team, allowing for Gengar, Jirachi, or Flygon to take over. Other than this (which again is your call), it's a great fit.

Gengar

You seem to want to deal with Blissey and TTar. A lot. However, Pain Split Gengar doesn't really beat Blissey than moreso forces her to use health moves, thus going into somewhat of a stalemate war (although Blissey should eventually lose). Pain Split is also fairly unreliable as the match progresses. SubPunch Gengar looks great on paper, but I feel that it really misses major EV investment in SpA and a Life Orb, as now, Shadow Ball loses a good deal of power (for instance, you fail to 3HKO SubChamp, let alone things with better SpD). Why not be a little bit more liberal in your move choices and opt for Explosion SubGar?

Gengar @ Life Orb
EV's: 36 Atk / 220 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Hasty
Moveset:
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Explosion

This Gengar counters exactly what Pain Split Gengar intends to counter, except now, it can immediately deal with Blissey late game. With a Hasty nature, a Life Orb, and the given EV's, Explosion does 87.7% - 103.2% to Blissey, meaning a guaranteed OHKO after SR, and a very high chance after Leftovers damage. Meanwhile, it still OHKO's Tyranitar and can switch away from Scizor under a Sub, and Shadow Ball has virtually the same power as standard Gengar. The only downside is that this will eliminate Gengar early at the cost of eliminating Blissey, which greatly helps Starmie and Vaporeon.

Vaporeon

I recommend changing Vaporeon's EV spread to 252 HP/244 Def/12 Spe. This allows it to be a much better MixApe counter (only around a 22% chance of a 2HKO with SR + Sandstorm) and better overall defenses at the cost of a little bit of Speed. However, outspeeding Skarmory seems pointless to me, as only Taunt Skarmory can do anything remotely close to Vaporeon, and Vappy can simply just switch to Starmie, Jirachi, or Gengar to deal with it. Also, I agree with changing Toxic to HP Electric, as not only would this help eliminate Gyarados and opposing Vaporeon, but it will also give you an option against Skarmory (potential 2HKO and Wish bait). Toxic is nice, but HP Electric is practical.

Hope this helps, and good luck with the team! :)

Too much overhaul isn't a good thing. Means you weren't sure in your team first go around. Either that, or you rushed it.

Too much overhaul isn't a good thing. Means you weren't sure in your team first go around. Either that, or you rushed it.
It would really be the first one. It was doing well at first, but then as everyone starting pointing out those glaring problems (lack of a Dark and Ghost type resists, Heatran problems, ect), I just felt that it would be better if I remade the team.

I kept Flygon, didn't I?

I found a few problem pokemon for you're team, and hopefully we can make some changes to improve your team.

The threats:
- SD and Agility Lucario
- MixMence and DD Mence
- CB Dragonite and CB Flygon
- LO Starmie (huge weakness)

Alrite, so I went through your team and found out that these are all huge threats to your team. You say that Flygon beats Lucario, but E Speed ko's at + 2 after some residual damage. Lucario can set up a SD on Roserade or Flygon depending on the locked in move, and proceed to KO Rotom with Crunch (yours is slow), Flygon with E Speed, Zapados is KOd after SR and some residual damage, and Machamp and Tran are obv kod after SR. While Agility Lucario may seem gimmicky, Phil made a great set. It outspeeds your whole team after an agility, and KOs everything with Ice Punch, Crunch, and Close Combat, bar Machamp and Zappy. Unfortunately, Zapdos is SR weak and Lucario is often used on Spike Stacking teams, which affect Machamp. To try and combat this, run a faster Rotom. I know this won't alleviate the problem completely, but it will really help. Run an EV spread of 252 Hp/210 Spd/42 Def. This lets you out speed Adamant Luke and Jolly Mamo. I would also like you to run WoW > Reflect so you can make physical switch ins useless the rest of the match.

Now, onto Salamence. MixMence, Old MixMence especially, can switch in almost every single one of your pokemon, bar a Flygon Outrage or Stone Edge, or a Roserade HP Ice. Everything on your team is KOd (and outsped, bar Flygon and Roserade) by two Draco Meteors or a Draco Meteor followed by a Brick Break. Top that off with Roost, and your team gets murdered by it. So to help with this weakness, I would completely remove Zapdos and put in a Choice Scarf Jirachi with a set of:
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf | Jolly | Iron head / Ice Punch / Trick / Thunderbolt or Thunderpunch.

Trick helps with your HUGE stall weakness, as well as helping you revenge Mence, (nothing can fucking switch into it, its so god damn broken) as well as easily revenging SD Lucario who is a bitch to your team. This also helps with Gyarados and works as a failsafe for stat uppers. Next, you can either change Flygon back to BluffGon or use a Salamence of your own to bust huge holes into the other team. It seems like your team is lacking in offensive power, so Salamence will really help with that. I like using this set:
Salamence @ Life Orb | Naive | 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
Draco Meteor / Flamethrower or Fire Blast / Earthquake / Roost
This set obviously has trouble with Blissey, but it really helps with your stall problem (which you have a huge one, none of your team can really touch stall) It also gives you a poke with intimidate which can greatly help with luke, ttar, gyara, and etc. With these few changes, the CB flygon and D Nite weaknesses go away. Now, on to your Starmie weakness. Jirachi helps a lot with thunderbolt, but another thing you can try is running a Passho Berry on heatran. Same moves, nature, and etc. but go with a Hasty Nature to help take LO Hydro Pumps from Starmie and + 1 Surfs from Cune. LO Hydro Pump never kos even with rocks down, same with + 1 surf.

I really hope you take my changes in to consideration, and good luck with your team!

I know you asked me to rate your team, but honestly it looks extremely solid right now- I can't discern any major threats, and looking at your comments, I can already tell the entire team has been rehauled. I'm sorry, please appreciate the bump.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Your team is already pretty solid as it is. Most things you generally handle well, however I'd like you to try one little swap to see how it plays out. You've changed a fuckton of your team from what I can see, so I'll be frank that I don't mind if you take my suggestions or not -- rather I'd like you to try them for the sake of general effectiveness. There isn't a pokemon that completely manhandles this team, but there are a couple things that you could be annoyed with.

One minor irk about your team is the general lack of recovery aside from Machamp's rest. Other people have stated it, and its that you are slightly stall-weak. While you may have anti stall weapons in toxic spikes and trick, there's really not too much that actually stands out as super threatening offensively. This isn't a problem as long as you can keep going despite entry hazards poking at you here and there; however, if a stall team outlasts you with spikes on the field, it's not good for your team. You should watch out for the Gliscor that may switch into your Machamp and potentially EQ or Toxic your switch in. If that switch in happens to be something important like Flygon or Rotom, I can assure you that you are going to go down pretty fast. With entry hazards piling up, you need some form of support that can help your team stay in the game longer. I presume you had something like this before but it got taken out, but perhaps this change I am about to suggest will help you get in touch a little closer with your old team, while perhaps being a bit more effective.

CM Jirachi with Wish provides both support and the set-up offensive presence that many stall teams fear. Your Flygon will be switching into Heatran a lot easier because of Wish, as you won't be chipped down here and there by Fire Blasts and Stealth Rock. You can potentially pass a Wish to Rotom when Swampert is in on Jirachi, or perhaps you may even opt to go to Machamp when it may seem risky to stay in and do Sleep Talk while its asleep. Your current Jirachi does well at checking offensive threats like Gyara, however I don't think that is necessary when you have something like Scarf Roserade around. With CM, you can set up on the majority of stall teams and decimate with Psychic and Thunderbolt.

In order not to lose the speed or the Trick, you can relegate Jirachi's duties to Rotom-h. Scarf it, drop will o wisp which loses its effectiveness in burning pokemon like ttar under Tspikes, and slap a Scarf on. This does better for your team in regards to Infernape. You can just go to Heatran and lure the CC, then go to Rotom and scare it away. Previously I saw a little Infernape weakness as you really didnt have much to kill it without being hurt, seeing as how you needed to get Sludge Bomb from Rose or a Dpunch from champ to connect.

As for minor changes, you can think about using HP Ground over HP Ice for Roserade. HP Ground surprises Heatran and can also kill off Lucario when needed, while HP Ice would only really help against Dragons. Sludge Bomb only comes 5 BP short in comparison with HP Ice. You can Leaf Storm Flygon and you can Sludge Bomb Salamence. On the switch ins, it really doesn't matter. if you bring in roserade on a Mence roost, they know you have HP ice, and somewhat defeats the purpose. Another thing to do is run 12 speed on Machamp so you beat most Blissey, who could potentially beat you if you were at low health. This way you can either rest or dynamicpunch before it attempts to pick you off.

Jirachi @ lefties
bold 252 hp / 216 def / 40 spe
psychic / tbolt / cm / wish

rotom-h @ scarf
timid 252 satk / 252 spe / 4 hp
tbolt / sball / overheat / trick

That's about it -- good luck with your team, and I hope you don't need to change anything else.

Changed Hidden Power [Ice] to Hidden Power [Ground], Scarf Jirachi to Calm Mind + Wish, and Rotom-h back to a Choice Scarf Rotom-h. Any thoughts?

Hi TSP,

Just want to say that this is another cool team you've put together, and I have a couple of changes that will hopefully make it better.

I noticed Gliscor is a big problem atm, since you have nothing that kills it and it will just kill you with Toxic. I suggest changing Overheat to Will-O-Wisp on Scarf Rotom just to catch countless pokemon off guard including Gliscor. This might be risky since you don't OHKO some key steels, but you cripple them and don't really have a problem with them tbh. Roserade is the only poke thats setup bait and you have HP Ground so not big. This reasoning also goes for Hippowdon. Now I think you crush stall if you play correctly of course. Another visible threat is DDMence, but its nothing you can't play around.

Now for a few nitpicks, I would suggest using Outrage over Dragon Claw since the raw power is needed. Next use 40 Spe evs on Jirachi, and more than 8 Spe evs on Machamp to outspeed the standard around this range.

I hope these few changes help, and good luck!

Changed Dragon Claw to Outrage, Overheat to Will-o-Wisp, added 12 Speed EVs to Machamp to out-speed 4 and 8 Spe Machamp, and changed Jirachi from 36 Spe to 40.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)