Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
MMet is a huge fairy counter, Meteor Mash is for STAB and it alone counters all of hydregons hard counters, earthquake is for non-Talonflame fires and ice punch is for bulky grounds, specifically garachomp and Landot Zen Headbutt deals with fighting pokes, another threat to hydregon.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Superpower
Pretty standard LO Moveset, U-turn for momentum but that slot was also used for flamethrower but I find u-turn is more benificial considering I outspeed most steels anyway and like the chip damage

Volcarona
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
Standard sweeper set, it's weaknesss are covered by both hydregon and MMet who can switch into physical rock attacks a bunch, you have won if you get volcrona to +1 spe and atk without heatran on the other team

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
Standard utility starmie, hazard removal and synergy with volcrona

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Giga Drain
Late game cleaner and tran lure, if the opponent wants to keep his tran health so volcrona can't set up just use serperior as an alternate win con, HP ground has a huge chance to OHKOs tran after a single leaf storm (in the switch in) dragon pulse can hit bulk grass but with volcrona above 25% bulky grass is never a problem

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
Solid pivot and tank, I have considered swords dance to sweep but for now he works well like this.

So in conclusion I need a item for volcrona, Smogon wants Lum/anti-water berry I set up on waters but if a water is switching in boosting as they come in then finishing them with giga drain at x1.5 speed works as well avoiding prankster para shit once is also tempting, especially because once is all I really need.

All of volcronas checks are handled by the team, and serperiors checks are handeled by volcrona, giving it yet another free turn to set up
Just for reference offensive mega venusar has a 30% to 2HKO with sludge bomb, making volcrona a shakey counter

Threat list:
Heatran
Heatran
And heatran

That's all I have com across so far, pleas leave questions and comments

Ps: Evening out the physical-special balance without breaking the team would be nice.

Hey there! Nice team you have got.

At a glance, these are what I found that are threatening to your team:
- Bisharp: This thing can do major damage to your team, your only resist being Hydreigon (Lando-T boosts its attack).
- Weavile: This is another big problem, putting a lot of work against your team.
- BirdSpam: Your Lando-T set isn't bulky enough and either way, the core can wear you down quite a bit.
- Torn-T: Outspeeds and hits everything.

In my suggestions, I won't replace MMetagross and Hydreigon only since they are probably what you want. However, these 2 aren't fast mons which mean that you need switch-ins to things that threaten you. Hence I'll make your team more defensively orientated.

Now I shall go on to my suggestions:

Thunder Punch > Earthquake; Pursuit/Hammer Arm > Zen Headbutt
Right now, the best Metagross set is BoltBeam as it gets the best coverage. EQ and Zen Headbutt aren't needed much as BoltBeam already fulfils most of the coverage. I'm would recommend Pursuit over Hammer Arm because I think that your team might like some pursuit support (I want to add Keldeo).

Roost > U-Turn; Hasty > Naive
or
Specs > LO; Modest > Naive; Flash Cannon > U-Turn; Focus Blast > Superpower

I have 2 suggestions for this. You can keep LO and just change some minor things but I strongly recommend you to try out specs.
LO: U-Turn for your 'chip damage' just weakens you more so it's a double-edged sword. You would rather have roost for longevity. Also, your resists: Dark, Electric, Fire, Ghost, Grass, Water are all specially orientated so you would prefer having better SpD to switch into them.
Specs: This set (not standard iirc) just hits like a truck. You just have to predict correctly and your opponent is in deep shit. I thought of this since Hydra is pretty much forced out frequently. As for the set, I chose Focus Blast to hit things like TTar and Tran while having Flash Cannon because of Fairies. This has been working for me quite well, and I really think you should give it a shot.

PhysDef > that set
PhysDef Lando-T is a tried and true set. Since it's your only check to Sand, you would definitely want to make it as defensive as possible. The moveset remains while I changed the item to Rocky Helmet to punish contact hits.

Keldeo > Volcarona

Tbh I don't exactly see the point of having Volcarona on this team. I understand that it can sweep but Keldeo really gives more benefit. Keldeo remedies your big weakness to Darks, which is a huge thing. The set I chose was the scarf set as your team might like a fast revenge killer. However, the specs set is usable too.

Rotom-W > Starmie

Now, your team might appreciate a primary answer to BirdSpam and a secondary answer to Sand. Starmie doesn't do much now that Rona is gone so Rotom-W would benefit your team much more. It's also a great answer to Torn-T. The set is standard.

Amoonguss > Serperior

Now that you need a switch-in to waters, I'm suggesting Amoonguss. Amoonguss is a nice pivot that can sponge some hard water hits which your team appreciates immensely. Although Serp's firepower might be missed, I find this role of Amoonguss' more important than Serp's role on your team. I went with Sludge Bomb as your team doesn't need that much help against the things that HP Fire hit.

Here are the sets:
Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Pursuit

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower
- Roost

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power Fire

And with that, I'm done with my rate. Hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)