Official OU Round 2 Pokemon Suspect Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Aldaron's proposal passing, we don't have anymore successfully nominated abilities to vote on, so we can move directly to the Pokemon suspect voting! Again, here is the list of users who qualified to vote for this round:

Aeroblacktyl
Aerrow
Ala
Arc Tech
Bad Ass
badabing
Bloo
Chicken_Vagitas
Ciele
coyotte508
Crazy88
DarkLucario
dbolt
Delta 2777
Elevator Music
Eo Ut Mortus
Fireburn
Giga Punch
Grimm70
hanke
Heist
Iconic
idiotfrommars
JabbaTheGriffin
JLei2k
JohnR011
Jonathan
Krack
Lamppost
Limitless
LizardMan
locopoke
M Dragon
Maaf
makiri
Morty
NailsOU
Oristeros
pi face
Pokemonniac
PttP
Rag
Rhys DeAnno
Snunch
TEzeon
ToF
uragg
wilson46
Yondie
Zeph
zfs

Now, without any further ado, here are the list of Pokemon (using the names used on our Pokemon Online server for consistency's sake) who passed the nomination process:

Deoxys-N
Doryuuzu
Latios
Manaphy
Rankurusu

The first thing you might notice about this list is that Randorosu is not there, despite having quite a few good nominations. If you haven't heard yet, apparently Randorosu's Sand Power ability, which was cited in most of its nominations as being part of the reason why it's broken, applied an incorrect damage multiplier (1.5x instead of 1.3x) on Pokemon Online. Thankfully, this incorrect mechanic has been caught and should be fixed by the next round of suspect testing. Because of this, though, we are not including Randorosu on this round's ballot, as nobody has had a chance to test its real prowess yet.

The next thing that you probably noticed is the presence of Deoxys-N, a previously declared Uber, on the list. You are voting on whether or not Deoxys-N should be brought back down to OU to be retested, while the rest of the suspects are up for ban as usual.

Manaphy just needs a simple majority to be immediately banned, as it hit a simple majority last round, but all of the other suspects need a super majority or a simple majority this round and the next round.

With that said, here is an example of what a proper vote should look like:

Deoxys-N: Uber
Doryuuzu: OU
Latios: Abstain
Manaphy: Uber
Rankurusu: OU
IMPORTANT: If you are unsure of a Pokemon's tiering, do not vote to Abstain. If you are unsure, you must vote the suspect OU. Abstain is only there for users who simply do not want to vote on a suspect. If you are unsure, it means that you are not wholly convinced that a suspect is Uber, and should therefore remain OU.

The deadline for these votes is going to be 11:59 PM (GMT-5), Saturday, January 29. I understand that this is a very short voting period, but the deadline is set so that we have the new tier list before the next SPL week. This should give users a full Friday and Saturday to vote, which are days of heavy traffic on Smogon anyways. I'll also be sending out another PM to all the voters, as I did last time, to make sure everybody sees this thread and votes ASAP.

GET TO IT!

PS: PR mods and smods/admins, you know what to do if you post.

Latios: OU

thank you to the kind ladies and gents who organized this

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Deoxys-N: OU
Doryuuzu: Uber
Manaphy: Abstain
Rankurusu:Abstain

Its hard to vote on Manaphy yet until we see how Rain Dance will now fare in my opinion so I'm going to hold off as of yet. It is already the same story for Rank I think because I would like to see how it fares in a less rain centralized metagame as well.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Doryuuzu: Uber
Latios: Uber
Manaphy: Uber (With Drizzle not being banned its definitely borked.)
Rankurusu: Abstain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)